Games You Can't Remember

Can we have a thread about games you remember, but you don't know the title to?

There was a Newgrounds game that was suuuuuuper short, and had a neat art style to it. MC looked like a cross between Viewtiful Joe and a ninja, and his eyes were obscured by some kinda hat. He always wore a shit-eating grin in his portrait. Anyway, game played pretty much like 2D Zelda or Legend of Mana, and you were tasked on collecting pieces for a sword to kill something evil. I think it was pretty weeb at the time, too.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Asterix_games
subvert.pw/s/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Video_games_about_firefighting
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Guardian_Legend
m.youtube.com/watch?v=_TvbbJg8CS8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_real-time_strategy_video_games
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There was this game but I can't remember the name? Do you know it, I can't really think about it…

Tried this one several times in similar threads but never got a correct answer, pretty drunk so may be off in the description writing.

You played as one of two vkiking in a 2d action/platoforming the only boss i can remember is a saber tooth tiger, or several of them that appeared and disappeared from some doorways in the back ground. Pretty sure oone viking was blonde and the other was redhead.

I want to say it was sega genesis but I'm really not sure.

The Lost Vikings?

Flash game where you played as a test dummy character.
The character stood still in the middle of the map and you could throw the character then jump a set number of times. The objective was to hurt the character as much as possible.
With time you unlocked new characters, including a green armless worm that allowed you to jump more times.

I think it was Buddy or something.

I think that's called interactive buddy. This is what your looking for right user?

Is this also a rec thread?
It's like every second thread is a rec thread now.

There's this one game I played I don't remember what it's called and I don't remember what the game is like but I know I found it somewhere and it was pretty fun. Do you guys what game this is?

Yeah, you are now thinking of it.

Is it remember me?

No, it was 2d and had actual sprites.

I said the game was fun.

PS1 game with a kid and his dog. I remember a spaceship at the start of the game or something. And for some reason the color red comes to mind. I played it a lot when I was a kid but can't remember what it's called.

Heart of Darkness ez pz

That's it. Thanks nigger.

A 2D side-scrolling RPG, where you started in some wizard's house with everything floating about, from there you get teleported to a city with a tavern, where you can get drunk and play darts. On the cover of the game, there was a man's face with half his face behind a blade.

I want to bend Ikki's mom over the sofa and fuck her balls deep while rubbing her hips and thighs with my hands

I remember quite a bit about this game, but I just can't remember the title. You play as a monkey who turns into a boy with a tail. You have a club you can use to whack enemies and break bricks. If you get hit, you turn back into a monkey, but you can collect powerup gems to turn back into a boy; collect 3 more, and you get super speed and a high jump.

In the beginning, your girl gets stolen by some other monkey-kid douche, and one of the early levels has a T-rex boss, followed by going INTO the T-rex and fighting the evil monkey-douche. After that, there are four other worlds with bosses to fight, and I don't remember if there's anything after.

Congo Caper ez pz

I can barely remember it now, but when I was a kid (born in late 80s) I remember playing a 2D computer game at school similar to King's Quest where you could go around and try to solve various puzzles to progress in your journey (not educational).
I don't recall much details of it now, but I had a lot of fun trying to figure out how to progress and that there were multiple paths to choose from.

(nobody even remembered to check these)
today i'll remember me

ps1 game about a girl with a lion you could feed and pet. thats all i remember

My relative is trying to remember old quest (detective) adventure game with ability to use scent vision which gained after MC got transformed into wolf (or dog?).

Okay, so there was this space-fighter sim on PC way back. I mean pre-gpu days.
You started in the human group fighting aliens. There was a list of pilots you could take with you each missions and if they died, they died for good. Part way into the game you could pick to stay with the human or join the aliens for the rest of the game. Haven't been able to remember what it was for years.

Discworld Noir.

Star Crusader?

There was a game that probably came out in the early 2000s I only played the demo and I remember that there ware no mouth animations and the game was about fighting some AI that took over Earth from your space ship witch was apparently the last of humanity.

That's it. At first searches showed nothing but a card game, cause everything is a card game now. Thanks, I have fond memories of blowing up alien's space station mecca.

It was a game about a bear that got stranded on an island and you needed to rebuild your boat to leave.
I remember at a certain point you had to get red boots to cross ivy and blue boots to cross a river.
It was a long time ago, so it has to be at least 20 years old at this point.

it was some flash game that was themed around Merlin, the villain was Morgan, and you had to use alchemy to create new weapons to fire at her
The view in combat was like a bird's eye view or something

An old as fuck rts, or something like it. Took place in space, but not with spaceships. Isometric top-down view. I think some of the maps were like platforms floating in space? It's been so many years and i've lost the cd.

StarCraft? Either that or Dune.

Metal Fatigue?

Good tries but nope, the game was more obscure. I guess it was a little similar to starcraft in style? Probably not. It's only a vague recollection, I've only ever had the box from the cd since some cunt threw out the actual game, but I've been curious as to what the game was for many years now.

There was this old Diablo-style game where you controlled 3 Characters at the same time (male warrior, male mage and female amazon/archer) that was the only good game in some silly "150 games collection". It was 2D isometric and had the same dark forest style of act 1 in Diablo 2 going on for the most part.

I have tried looking for this game a couple of times, but it seems as if I'm the only one who has ever played it. Maybe I'm just imagining things. It's not Dungeon Siege.

PLEASE HELP!!!1
its a black and white point and click adventure that had you play as a private investigator in an alien world and damsel in distress comes to you for help and i remember the puzzle you had to take the pennies from "give a penny/take a penny" bowl in a store then go buy a doll at some toy booth in a fair and then take the batteries out of the doll and use them on a flashlight…

in the end you went into the place with the rollercoaster or haunted house ride or something where they were turning children into soylent green for the restaurant that was next to the disco or whatever

if you have a list of black and white detective games that would help, no its not pic

You forgot to add if you know what I mean. Isn't her husband like stone specops guy

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Asterix_games

Another one is this kind of 2d fake arcade game that had the fbi winners dont use drugs logo when it starts. you play a woman named something X there were a collection of different maps and gamemodes like metal gear X that was top down metal gear solid and resident X that was like top down resident evil and many others like that. The main mapseries was like a shmup with a relatively static map that might not have scrolled or moved only slightly untl you killed all enemies unlike in maps that were based on other games where reaching the edge goes to the next map

Alright, I have a real hard one that I've posted in every thread like this I've seen for the past 4 years and nobody has remembered it yet.

Let me start by saying I played this game at some time during the 90s. I believe it was somewhere between '96 and '98. I found the game installed on my hard drive when I was browsing folders randomly, and I'm 50% sure it was a game that I accidentally installed off of one of those discs that were titled 500 Great Games or 5000 Cool Games or something like that. I remember it being a DOS game, but I could be wrong.

The game was like an isometric Scorched Earth - it was a tank combat game where players (or computers) took turns firing at each other. The battlefield was was shaped like a disc and had varying elevations. I distinctly remember flushing coolant to handle excess heat. The AI were voiced over, and they'd say things like, "Apocalypse, NOW!" when they fired.

I never got to play it that long, because that was the era where my mom would randomly reformat the computer because she thought there was something wrong with it. I have not been able to find it since.

The devs have the boylover pedo logo as their logo and the game is basically ripoff of another world it has alot of vore and gore but is rated Eforevery1 and the free demo was spread widely in a cerial box it had some themes of child abuse.

does anyone knows a SNES game that play kinda like a mix of terranigma and zelda? i think the main char had blue hair and i'm almost sure one of the first parts of the game you were on a some type of floating islands
and there was a dungeon where you had to jump around on some kind of grate? or was just a dungeon full of holes?
I''ve been trying to find this game for a while now but not matter how i search for it nothings turns up.

Akuma demon spawn?

Was it Genocide, by any chance?

Holy shit, are you a wizard? This game has barely any info online and the domain of the developer got bought by some sex toy store.

Thanks user.

30yo, completely virgin and with no desire whatsoever in wasting time with sex, so i think you can actually call me a wizard.

I played the shit out of the MMO version of the game simply called Slayers, which had two more classes (a necromancer and a succubus).
When the servers closed the clan i was part of found out about the single player version which i played some, and it's part of my infancy along other MMOs no one ever heard about like Elemental Saga and Helbreath and 10 or more of those that not even i remember the actual name and of which none have even private servers up.

Isometric game. Played it as a demo back in the day. You played as a mage of sorts that cast spells or used skills in red, blue, and green classes. The demo had a short portion of a campaign or some kind of tutorial with a few missions. Another free play mode pitted you against several AIs with various spells scattered around the map. You could hold three at a time of any color, and killing another mage would drop their spells, which you could switch with your own. I think each color also had their own mana bar.

Anyone remember something like this? I know it sounds generic but I think it was a popular one. A friend showed it to me after he showed me runescape around 2007-2008.

SNES (i think?) Sidescroller. You played as a wizard kid with a staff that could bring everyday objects such as trash cans and fire extinguishers to life. The first level was a highscool and the boss was (i think) an attack helicopter.

Thing Thing?

No, it was a fighting game with an asian theme.

If it weren't for the keyboard controls and flash graphics you mentioned I'd have suggested Rag Doll Kung Fu.

Indie game from early days of the internet, we're talking 1999-2001 type deal, looked kind of like an RPG maker game, but I think it was made by hand by the creator.

You start out the game solo, and I think you're looking for your girlfriend. Then along the way you run into some other girl, and she joins you, and she develops feelings for you. Then later on you meet up with your girlfriend, and the two of them have this scene where they're staring each other down, and then the hero gets separated from them. I always wanted to see the ending, so if anyone can figure this one out, that'd be great.

there was a game i played as a kid
it was a point and click adventure game with graphics like monkey island
you stared a blonde witch
one of the mechanics in the game was that you had a caldruon where you put ingredients to make magi potions, the cauldron had a chan to pull and flush the mix if you fucked up the recipe

I think I know the one you're talking about, but I can't find it for the life of me. The PI was an alien himself, right? And I think he appeared disco-dancing as an easter egg in another adventure game by the same author.

Blast Doors?

Alcahest?

I was playing this one game where you have 2 white rectangles that are to stop a white square from getting past them. Most of the screen was black. It was the only game I liked and I can't remember it.

Boku no Pico

Oh shit, i think that's it!
Thanks user

I have two games I can't remember the name of. The first one I barely have any information on. It was a top down shooter where you controlled a fighter. I never got past the second level because I was a little kid, so I don't remember and distinct features other than on of the logos on the splash screen Poseidon with his trident.

The second one is just a space invaders clone. You played as the old Macintosh face (pic) shooting down Windows logos on the moon.

I played these back in like 2000-2003.

WHAT the FUCK
Reported for advertising CP

There was an old game, I believe it was on Windows 98 or something. It was a Pac-man-esque maze, where you played as a ship, and would go around shooting other ships.

Old 2d ms dos game. You are mounting a snowboard or something and must solve puzzles putting objects in places. Music is depressing as hell.
And the name of this game is…

Retard.

THAT'S IT! I was just drawing what I remembered the game to look like, and this is just fucking it! Thank you! Nobody has been able to get this game for actually over 4 years across multiple chans and you just walked in and casually dropped it.

Game's been fan translated too, if you weren't aware.

The game is a sci-fi Diablo-clone. You play as a mercenary? against aliens, on abandoned ships, maybe bases etc., but there is no WH40k vibe to it, more like Aliens.
Inventory system is very similar to Diablo, you also point and click to move and fire, you can have weapons, armor and implants.
This is not Harbinger, as that came out in 2003, and this game (at least a demo) was already out before then - 1999 or 2000 is more likely.

Mine would have to be a game where you could have bunch of different colored balls bounce around in a space while music plays, might have been PC or MAC, was little at the time.
Really vague description, but that's all I can remember, there was probably more you could do in that.

Space Hack

Finally managed to track down the game I was thinking of: Cubert Badbone, P.I. Pretty sure it's the right one.

You're looking for Drop Dead.

Cute mom.

this one's cuter

Man Labradors love food so much, they'll even drag their crippled body to the food if they have to.

I don't even remember what I did in that game

Xpilot, probably.

I remember playing a game on my friend's PS3 some years back that I can't for the life of me remember the name of. It took place in a modern-ish setting with people that would fight and steal the souls of giant mythical monsters. I believe that there was also a section where you play as a fairy.

SMT or Persona, perhaps.

Must have played it over ten years ago, on an apple computer I think. Must have been one of the ones that was a CRT monitor with the CPU etc. in the back. Can hardly remember any details but it was really fascinating I want to find out what the plot actually was.

I have pretty given up hope of finding this one, but here we go:

The game is about 15 years old.
What I remember of it is this:
It came out in the early 2000's
Any ideas?

Folklore?

I was like 12 years old and my aunt forced me to come along to her friend's house. Her friend has a son who was either 17 or 20, I don't know, but he told me if I wanted to play some vidya on his computer.

I said sure and so we played some kind of third-person game that looked extremely similar to GTA. You could rob banks, there were 2 kinds of police forces (Blue and Green) and when you shot someone there was a shitload of blood spray coming out.
To this date I cannot fucking find it.

Kinda reminds me of Sabre Wulf.

I doubt anyone will get this since I can't remember shit, but there was this 3rd person game I watched my brother play when I was a kid. He was in some desert area and the player could temporarily transform into some weird, spiny looking creature that constantly gripped one energy sphere in each hand. He always attacked with these, though I don't think he threw them, he just smacked enemies with them. Looking back, I think it was on the PS1 or PS2.

State of Emergency?

I had a lab years ago and we decided to see if he would get full and stop eating if we gave him the mountain of Christmas leftovers. He ended up laying on top of it unable to move while still eating, we stopped him as we feared for his safety.

The picture is related. I used to play that game but I forgot the link so do you know the link?

Hier, mein Freund.
subvert.pw/s/

Thank you user!

I miss you, Bear. You were the best.

The Virgin 'Detective' – The CHAD Dockworker.

That's it. Thanks user, I was looking for it for a long while.
Have some random lewds.

I got ya lad.
subvert.pw/s/

FactorX by Fallen Angel Studios

Since the RPGMaker thread is dead I figured I'd crostpost this

First could be Ares but the description is extremely vague
I played the second but I'm not 100% on the title, could be window blaster

Finally, a post I can help. That'd be Silent Death:Online

Marduk

Mardek* RPG

There's a flash game where you are a car running around a place with batteries and other small things. I think its an RC car.

And there's another flash game where there's a factory with babies, pregnant women and embryo? I dont remember it so much but it had a cartoonish style and bright colors.

Oh, I forgot, also another game where you are some kind of warrior girl with blue hair, had a really weird anime-ish style I think, you had a sword.

It was this low poly 3d game for PC I played back in the mid 90s. It was some sort of combative racing game set in some future setting. All of the cars had no wheels, just flat on the bottom with changing bright colors.

All games are on PS1:

I think that last one is called Parasite in City

also I'm pretty sure there were all on Official Playstation Magazine Demo Discs, at least in france.

Is this 2D or 3D?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Video_games_about_firefighting
Akuji the Heartless?

That's it, thanks!

And the fireman one was Rosco McQueen, I don't know why the fuck there was milk carts in my mind though.

Also, I know it's very broad but I have almost no memory of it:

C-12.

DOS game, probably released around 1996-2000(if at all, was on a magazine disc with some demos from that time).
First person RPG/shootan(?) game, you start in some maze garden and then go to a castle. In the castle is a scary skeleton and giant sanic fast 3D cockroach down a set of stairs that kills you instantly.

That's it !

I don't know why but I have so many memories of a ton of games I don't really know just popping into my mind right know.

I'm glad OP made this thread. I've always thought about this game a lot from time to time. I thought it was sweet and always wanted to play it again. The system I know it was on was NES. Usually it starts as like alien invasion with the enemies flying at you shooting stuff(missiles,lasers,and other high tech weapons.)and you can collect stuff like forcefield and other weapons. Then when you beat 1or2 lvls you land your ship and it becomes like old zelda, top down view. You then have a beam sword of some sort and of course you collect new weapons, even high tech guns. I downloaded the emu and the "all games" tom pack and was never able to find it. Your character looked like maybe some sort of alien or maybe a robot or even a human just wearing heavy gear that looks odd, I really can't remember much about the game.

That's it! I looked up gameplay and it's exactly what I remember. Thanks for reigniting my synapses.

Killing Time?
Could you elaborate on the weapons?

That was quick. Is it well known or something?

Help me with these 3, I cant get them out of my head ever.

It is

Is it this game?: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Guardian_Legend

Oh shit! I went to pooptube and looked it up. I knew instantly the music started. m.youtube.com/watch?v=_TvbbJg8CS8
I love you user. Now I get to play it again, haven't played it for a very very long time.

N O I C E !!!!

If it's not Starcraft, then it's probably Netstorm

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_real-time_strategy_video_games

i have no clue how i found all this obscure shit as a kid but am more amazed that others who found them would remember them :)

Portal Runner, starring Vikki from the Army Men series and her pet lion Leo(nardo).

too bad there's almost no porn of her

I tried a similar experiment with my spaniel to see if there was every enough kibble in a meal. I had to stop at 8 cups at once since I feared the poopaggedon to come.

I visited my cousin once. I don't remember if it was Genesis or Super nintendo, but he was playing this 2d sidescrolling platformer. I think he played as a caveman and went around collecting food or something. At the end of the level, the caveman then cooked that food in a cauldron.

It was like SimplePlanes but old, japanese and for the PS1 I believe. It's not YSFlight.

Either Prehistorik Man or Chuck Rock

Yeah, this was probably it. Gameplay videos on youtube look strangely familiar. I thought this game was called Joe & Mac for 15 years now, but that answer just never felt correct for some reason.

you may have gotten it confused with toejam and earl

thank you, literally the only reason i clicked on this thread was to see this gif

pretty drunk so may be off in the description writing
If I remember right you didn't get a correct answer then because you drunk back then too. Sober up, faggot

porn of her pls

could be Nox.

Okay, I'll have a go at this:

Back in the 90's, between 95 and 99, I grabbed a demo disk containing a game I never was able to find again, despite dowanloadin the whole damn archive of the magazine.

The game was a low poly, fully 3D first person game. You escaped your alien captors (I vaguely remember them looking like grays with green skin). I don't think you had any weapons but you could find a red hoverbike that you could fly around a canyon with and shoot.

There was a bike racing game for the ps2 where you could punch other guys from their bikes n shit.
Some family member wanted to play it for some time and then give it back to me, but that nigger never did.

I've been trying to remember this for a while, but it was a flash game, a black and white puzzle platformer where you swapped between walking on the black parts and the white parts to get to the end

Shift

thanks man, I've been wanting to play it again for years

sounds like some Road Rash sequel original still best

Thank

meant for

No, it's not Nox.

I remember the game having elder scrolls esque german text scrolls in fraktur, and there an egg-shaped cartoon WW2 soldier among the company splash screens.
There were no guns, plus the garden had bushes, benches and a fountain.
The only weapon I can vaguely recall was a sword the skeleton dropped upon death, but it didn't do shit against the cockroach.

clearly user just copied the entire speech bubble and did not write the text you autismo

How ironic.