Best way to deal with cheaters in online games

How do you do it? How do you not get mad when some cheating chucklefucks invade your game?
If you stop playing it looks like you ragequit and that just fuels them.

You don't play online games

Just stop putting up any resistance. Killing someone who doesn't fight back is boring and they'll move on.

I don't play multiplayer games. Though i'm quite skilled at games you play by yourself.

I know the answer to that: git gud

That's literally the advice you give to the kid being bullied at school

People who say "git gud" are usually casuals

Not like that, you perv.

I beat them anyway.

Make jokes about them being raised by an alcoholic single mother.

You know what's even worse? Staying there where they can actually see you raging.
Cut your loses, OP, just quit and play another game, preferably one that's not vulnerable to cheats.

Make a program that detects cheaters. However, instead of banning them it enables aimbots and wall hacks targeting the cheater only.

My dubs don't lie, user.

You find out where they live and kill them. Plain and simple.

Your dubs are a lewd slut.

So you're just going stay and be his bitch? Quitting is really the better option here. Or reporting him if that's an option. I suppose it all depends on what game and how he's cheating.

>>>Holla Forums

It's a fact that it's 100% casuals who get triggered by such benign statements.

But if you stay and manage to kill the cheat you can gloat endlessly.
Isn't this worth the risk?

Yeah, except real life isn't the same as a game believe it or not.

Broken pride is still the same. Better to surmount and conquer the competition instead of letting them wale on you like you're a punching bag or a small animal.

Are you fucking retarded?

I take it you're one of the pathetic fucks that bends down and takes it then.

Are you shitting me? It's a fucking online game. If someone is cheating report them and move on.

I cheat because it makes retards mad who take stupid videogames seriously.

On the internet.
On the internet.

Who is this guy and why did he make this?

I've never been to Holla Forums

Kick them into a pit, gravity wins

I was responding to the advice of sitting down and taking the beating hoping the person will leave.

Truely, this is surprising.

Refer to above statement neet.

hope they have voice and then bully them. if you even get one kill just never let it go "howd i kill you bro!? you're cheating! how fucking bad are you that you cheat and still get killed!"

Don't play a game that is so shittily programmed that you can cheat.

So just don't play games?

It depends on the game and cheats.
Incredibly predictible, very easy to get kills indirectly. Grenades and traps fuck these guys up pretty easily.
Hold corners in FPS games, rush them down as soon as possible otherwise.
Do what you should have done to begin with and just play somewhere else, you dolt.

because he's a clinical canadian psychologist who has not thoroughly examined the counter evidence to the holocaust.

Not everyone is /ourguy/ But they can be

Shouldn't you be on Twitter?

(you)

this is only a problem if you're stuck in a valve game match and quitting fucks your rank. if you do not have any commitment to the match just leave.

Act like nothings wrong. If they get nothing out of you then its much less fun for them.

Truly trips given to truth.
When I cheated in CoD as a kid only fun part were butthurt people. Ones that changed their names to cheater killer were the best ones.
I overall regret it but at least I learned to never buy game which allows such blatant cheating.
No report, vote kick, server admins. Only thing that have beaten annoying people were looking up other people who aimed directly in the middle of rectangle provided by wall hack. It was norm to see 3-4 such people each match.

Believe it or not cheats have weaknesses themselves. You just have to get creative in fighting against cheats. Helps a lot if you have a good idea of what cheats the faggot is using though.

Cry harder, you stupid fucking bitch. Either nut the fuck up or cheat right back.

Stop being a gay.

Be creative

What does that entail?

>browsing TF2 discussions on Steam because I'm a faggot, I know
It was pretty funny while it lasted.

OK

Not really. Just leave the game. Someone who is actively cheating in a game is hardly "fueled" by you quitting. If I was cheating in a game and the other person kept playing I'd think they were a literal fucking cuckold for wasting their time.

/thread

What do you do when you're bored of playing against the fucking computer

Its funny because cheaters are usually so abysmally terrible at whatever game they're in you can usually beat them in some unconventional way depending on the game. I.E. Pushing them off cliffs or cheesing the objective.

It's very simple OP you rise above and realise that everything you've done in said game is utterly pointless and whatever fag comes in and makes a mess is equally as pointless.

Don't play games where people can cheat.
Get pally with whoever owns/runs the server
Run the server yourself and banhammer/whitelist

There's no real consequences in vidya though, you can be shot in the head a million times and it's no big deal. You can't compare that situation to reality as there's at least an assault charge applicable to you if you turn and beat their ass IRL.

Again you're off base, if some nigger is cheating in a game and you have no ability to counter or halt it (bar cheating too) then why would you hang around to be shit on? If some cunt has god mode on you can stand there and 'fight' till your fingers fall off and it will just give them something to laugh at/record for many more people laugh at. As in real life you need to pick your battles, you can't punch a steamroller into submission.

Yeah then they respawn and gank you and only you until one of you gets bored.

Ahhhahahaha, watch everything crumble before your eyes.

Not quite the same, but I love killing botters in PvE areas by luring stronger monsters toward them they can't kill, or moving monsters around to fuck up their leveling or mana usage. Usually this involves luring monsters out of their skill range to drain their mana, then luring them back when they don't have the mana to heal so they eventually die. (This might vary depending on what game you're playing and what class the botter is playing as.) The best part is these bots are usually so simple that they might continue running wherever they respawn as if they didn't die, and the mods eventually ban them for obvious botting.
If you're going to bot, don't half-ass your script.

thats what i do to be honest

You must be 18 to post here.

Any MMO that lets you do that other than Ragnarok?
Every MMO these days have the monsters turn around and run back to their pre-set spawn location after straying 10 meters from it.

I think the faggotry extends to both sides actually.

Anybody else read this in a Punjabi accent?

CASUAL ITT
DON'T TAKE THE BAIT
HE MAY RESPOND NEXT WITH DON'T PVP
DON'T TAKE THE BAIT
CASUAL ITT

I did something similar in MapleStory because everyone just put heavy stuff on a skill key to train. Luring or summoning monsters killed them easily.
Can modern mmos even be griefed? Developers are very anti-fun nowadays.

You git better.

Stop being a bitch why the fuck would you care about how it looks or what other people may think, just tell him to fuck off and disconnect

dont make me trace you faggot, my dick is still raw from the last bitch i cucked

Repeat after me: video games are for kids
I've adopted this line of thought and never get mad at anything in games.

Depends on the Hacker
If the hacker is beneficial (gibs you free stuff and shit like that) then i'll welcome him with open arms
If he's a no-fun cum-guzzling faggot, then i'll just ragequit since atleast i won't see him again (or not)
I fucking swear, anti cheat tech needs to get better without being fucking intrusive

This guy is pretty much right tbh

It's better to get the fuck out quickly and deny the hacker any fun at all
Just go into greener pastures man

Stop playing.

Don't get mad, get even.
Turn on your cheats and assfuck them for the betterment of everyone else in the session.

That's literally the only reason you should ever cheat in online shit.

Are you that one fucking kid whose mom came in and ordered him off the Xbox in the middle of talking shit?

If the game has cheaters, then the devs are shit and you are playing a shit game.
Therefore you should put an end to your suffering by ceasing to breathe.

logout

Every game ever made has cheaters, idiot.

Be lewd over any chat.

It's best to lewd him, then kill him, then gloat.

You list all the cheaters into one pool and then let them play with each other. Cheaters don't like being cheated. It's a taste of their own medicine.

Max Payne 3 did that i think. Any other games?

Win by not cheating.

Gang up on them for some bullying.

fpbp

Report and move on, they're the one getting frustrated wasting time and money.

Stop getting angry over video games you child.

Unless they're immortal, kill them, use the experience to remind them of their inferiority and encourage suicide in chat, then report and get them banned. This will produce maximum asshurt in the subject.

Anyone got source for this? The usual reverse image searches aren't giving me anything.

Is this some form of retarded bait?

Why do you car? I just don't want to play against a hacker. Why should I give a shit about them jacking themselves off because they think they made me buttmad and leave the server.

Uhh, no. I'm curious about the image source, I can't find it.

Stop playing online games.

this shit is so popular that i'm starting to believe you're a redditor or even worse from neogaf

Wew, I'm sorry I can't recognise every doujin I see. It looks like something from Fate/Stay Night but I'm not 100% sure.

Is this some form of retarded bait?

Stop baiting, retard

What is wrong with you people? You just gather their information, get their home address, and send them a birthday card on their birthday. That usually gets the message across, with less time spent digging holes in the forest in the middle of nowhere.

Depends on the game. Either you report to server admin, report to Valve, or have a laugh and go play somewhere/something else.

Cheaters in CS:GO are infuriating because you care about fair competition, but cheaters in something like PUBG are just a form of entertainment. If they show up and kill us, oh well, queue up a new match and try again.

Did they turn it back on, user? And told nobody? If they did, that's just… so sad to see a part of our history just… sit there.

That would only make the problem worse. I've encountered lots of cheaters that claimed they only turned them on because they thought we were cheating first. They are even bigger faggots than people who just cheat all the time.

And this shit is why esports needs to die.

you trace their IP, go to their home and steal their mom's virginity.

later i just deleted my save and uninstalled the game, i dont want faggots stealing my shit anymore

To troll the cheater, you must first know his cheat. Understand his mindset. And grief him like you would any pub shitter.
The easiest targets are speed hackers in FPS games. These overconfident Sonic wannabes very rarely grasp the fine mechanics of moving 10,000 units a second with WASD. Take Counter-Strike Source pre-VAC, a cheaters' haven. There was a period where I'd see at least one speed hacker a day while playing CS:S. One day, I was fucking around on a scoutzknivez server and a particularly foolhardy clown joined the server with speedhacks. For those who do not know, scoutzknivez is a low-gravity custom map which, as the name implies, only allows you to use the Steyr Scout (A bolt-action sniper rifle which is not capable of instant kill unless you headshot someone) and the knife. It's a fun little map to play in short increments with lots of cover. The low gravity, lack of automatic weapons, and tight map structure were all awful for anyone who might have chosen to use speedhacks. Another important thing is that while you're in mid-air due to a low grav jump, it's impossible to hit anyone with the Scout, so unless you are fairly skilled at low grav jumps and timing knife stabs it's generally impossible to kill anyone while you are in mid-air. Fortunately I was good at this, and the speedhacker was anything but. After I beat the cheater's kill-death ratio, he left the server. But for most cheaters, it isn't that easy because they aren't stupid enough to just use speedhacks.

Many cheaters are just as fragile as most of their victims and are susceptible to the same kind of trolling. It's similar to many of the amateurs who try to troll on these boards. They're like DarkSydePhil – awful at video games, but they need to feel like they can accomplish something in them, so they perform dupe cheats in Demon's Souls and then lie about it (or use third-party cheating software, whatever the case may be). Many also disguise their fragile egos with a thin "edgy troll" veneer. One of the easiest and most direct routes to shattering this is to cheat yourself, if it's a game you know is not regulated with anti-cheat well at all and presents no risk to yourself. A level playing field will quickly reduce them to the whiner they were before they started using cheats, and instantly bring all those memories back. Other more conventional methods may work, such as mic spamming if they aren't already doing it (you would be surprised to find how many people still don't know how to mute players in a given game). Best thing for this is always to use a third-party input program like Half-Life Sound Selector back in the day. Your mileage may vary and you may have to get creative, but as long as you are persistent you can annoy a cheater just like any other player. There may be some exploits in the game code or map design which even cheats can't get around, for example – maybe try hiding outside of the map, or wait for the right moment and grab the enemy flag and never capture it in a CTF map, while being on the same team as the cheater. Think about game rules that are hard and fast, things that cannot be circumvented even with cheats.

Second the "bully the cheater" motion. Most cheaters are terrible at games, you can secure pyrrhic victories against them if you play your cards right and make them feel like fucking idiots for dying when they have an enormous advantage. It's fine to just quit and report though, I'm not always in the mood to fuck with them either.

/thread

You need to outhack them, it's the only way.

When you realize someone is cheating, then just disconnect. Fuck them, they'll get nothing from me, unless they somehow get a sense of gratification from that fact that nobody wants to play with them. I imagine some of them do, but only because they believe that the people who avoid them are angry at them (hurr durr xD u so mad cuz I got all da powah :DDDDD~). Not in my case, though, I don't give a shit. Cheaters are going to cheat, there's nothing that can be done. All you can do is avoid them, and it takes very little effort on your part to do so.

If you want to fight them, then you need to be acquainted enough with your game to know whether or not there's a workaround that can be used to defeat them (like in Dark Souls, you can push someone off a cliff and they'll die no matter what, so you can use this to defeat people with infinite HP), but most of the time that's just being complacent in their bullshit. I won't do it.

I've met some cheaters in RDR multiplayer, and that was an interesting experience. They can kill you from afar without even shooting their gun, they have incredible precision when they do decide to use normal weapons, and they have all the best shit unlocked, not to mentioned infinite ammo and Dead Eye. However, they could still be killed, so even though my ability to kill them was reduced, it was still possible to do so, so I just treated fighting them like a boss battle in any other game. When you do it enough, though, it quickly gets dull and you'll most likely decide to just move on.

Depends on the cheater. Is he doing shit just to pad his stats and being completely un-creative and boring? Ban him or leave. basically do whatever you can to make him lose interest. If he's doing something original though you should absolutely join in on the fun and learn to laugh at that shit. Online games are cancer anyway. If you're going to get any fun out of it you're likely going to do so if you have fun with the situation that occurs.