How will the success of Nintendo switch effects the gaming industry in the long time...

How will the success of Nintendo switch effects the gaming industry in the long time? Why did the mainstream public embraced the Switch but not the PSP vita?

There is no mario on vita

But sony has a lot of first party titles

Sony doesn't have mario.

So? Sony has Nathan drake.

Genuinely good, easily accessible first party exclusives with great replay value and large amounts of extra content that isn't locked behind pay walls.

Basically, unlike WiiU, Switch has games.

The switch is all about convenience. Turn off when you want, pick up when you want, play it the way you're most comfortable with.
The vita's mem card system couldn't be further from convenience.

Skins aren't content

Yeah, what about an entire difficulty mode being locked behind Amiibo in Metroid 2 or an entire dungeon in TP HD.

Oh I thought the discussion was on the Nintendo Switch

Yeah, because they totally won't pull that off with the Switch, right?

It's entirely possible

No it isn't.

Okay then they won't

I think they will

Well, not that it excuses anything, which it absolutely doesn't, but if you ever really want some garbage locked behind an amiibo then spoof it, it's very easy to do. I hope people spread the word on this more than already has been.
I'm definitely considering selling spoofed amiibo at the flea market

That's what I thought about the Wii as well, but then Nintendo got high on money and started doing whatever the fuck they wanted.

This.

Nintendo has more successful normalfag collective consciousness influence than Sony when it comes to vidya. It might influence Sony/M$ to make hybrid consoles in the future.

1.$79.99 MSRP
4-40 mb/s Speed
2. ~$50 but usually on sale for like $30-$44
100mb/s transfer speed.
Roughly the same spread of Physical/Digital releases

I honestly wouldn't care about amiibo much tbh. The in-game benefits were mostly cosmetics I didn't care for, items that were easily attainable for free, or features I never cared about (smash amiibo training)

What actually bothers me about amiibos are two things. Value, and the turn nintendo seem to take (i.e. the sound test in metroid)

Who?
Everyone knows mario.
Most people knows sonic and laugh at him
Sony doesn't even have anything or anyone for people to know.

It's kind of eclectic too with how they do it.
Literally all the "amiibo" content in oddysey can be unlocked just by getting power moons, and after that point all they're useful for is health refills, or temp invincibility from the least common ways of dying (enemies).
And if I remember right, Breath of The Wild just had reskins of the 100% shrine completion outfit that can't be upgraded as the Amiibo scan prize.

fucking this
Then there's the hipster collective who go for Nintendo shit.
Then there's the simply being Nintendo, which is a household name.

That's a nice premise, OP and gives us a good idea how you define success.

It has yet to outsell even the Wii U

Nintendo Switch games don't ship on those SD cards. The actual transfer rate is closer to 50-60MBps than 100.

You sure?
I vaguely recall it being able to use full speed on MicroSD cards but the internal memory being sluggish.

It can use full speed of microSD cards but the cards its games ship aren't using the ones which have high transfer speed because it would be too expensive to ship a game in those.

And? I wasn't saying they were

It'll kill the 3DS line and keep Nintendo from making another console. Not exactly a good future.

What were you even trying to say then because you sure as hell won't be getting SD cards with 100mbps transfer speed for 50$

You totally can though.

1) It's Nintendo. They can ship actual shit and slap their brand and it will sell.
2) The well-known Vita fuckup, which was the proprietary memory card. Few are willing to spend more than 50 dollars on a memory card, and even less developers would be willing to put their games on the Vita due to possible low sales. Until recently, people who wanted to softmod it are slowly jumping on the Vita because someone's finishing a cheaper memory card.

For shame because I love my Vita even today. It's more comfy than the 3DS and I'm not a graphics fag but the games look better. Of course this is moot with the Switch now, but there aren't enough Switch games to interest me in buying a console.

Simple. One fanbase is a lot more rabid than the other.

Because (((the media))) wasn't raving how Uncharted on Vita is one of the best games ever made or that the Vita revolutionized gaming with its unique playstyles. Nobody gave a shit about Vita on launch, at least in Murrica.
Also the only games on Vita are Japan-only anime jerkoff games and inferior ports.

PS isn't as strong brand for handhelds. Sony doesn't give a shit about supporting the Vita minus shilling. People literally bought the PS4 for Destiny.

>Because (((the media))) wasn't raving how Uncharted on Vita is one of the best games ever made or that the Vita revolutionized gaming with its unique playstyles.
I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or not but the game journalists were shilling the PS Vita non-stop until Sony just gave up on it.

And Wolf Link.

Didn't they admit that the Wii U was a failure and second to the Virtual Boy as their worst selling console?

They could have. They had spyro, crash bandicoot, etc. Everyone knew who those characters where back then. If sony didn't fucking abandon them for 3 console generations they would be on par with mario and pokemon, but they didn't.

It was the same with the Wii-U they claimed it was an enormous success, everyone they knew had one and when they announcement came that Nintendo was ending their productions the fags didn't believe it.

Nintendo actually advertised it properly this time instead of whatever the fuck the Wii U commercials were.

All it told me that they were selling a fucking gaming tablet with a dock.

1. Nintendrones will keep buying consoles regardless

2. I hope you've had your fill of Zelda and Mario, cause you won't see any more this generation

3. Nintendo has been making toy consoles for over 10 years, centering them around gimmicks like 3D, motion controls and screenpad. Those gimmicks age terribly, shortening their consoles lifespan: everyone starts hating the trick in about 3-4 years, and by the next gen there won't be anyone wishing to go back to those games (unless they are cleaned of that shit)

To be fair, Nintendo is buying up a lot of studios ala EA to bolster their library.
Getting unpozzed versions of those games in the west are a completely different matter.

Where is your proof?