Release game

What is the deal with this shit? Why are indie game developers completely changing their game post-launch?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/TPQc1
forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/14874-censored-cutscenes/
steamcommunity.com/app/6120/discussions/0/828924672513490756/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the Chucklefucks are just incompetent and they were swimming in money. They didn't know how to budget time and resources and instead just rode that sweet gravy train to stagnation and nice offices

Explain.
They are utterly incompetent failing to meet deadlines they themselves have set, which is why they are still releasing patches to this day. I don't see how they changed the game in any way though.

Dunno about shitbound but klei went like this

These faggots ruin everything

What did they censor?

Tits and gore in Shank 1 and 2.
They didn't just remove blood or cover up tits, they went as far as removing certain cut-scenes.
archive.is/TPQc1
forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/14874-censored-cutscenes/
steamcommunity.com/app/6120/discussions/0/828924672513490756/
Same shit happened to skullgirls to a lesser degree, which makes no sense since that game was sold on sex appeal in the first place.

That reminds me, anyone got the webm of those people doing the harlem shake?

yeah but Don't Starve is their only good game anyway and anything else they've made (or published) is just kinda shitty

Lego worlds?

I really hope you didn't buy anything from those cucks user.

I'm a subscriber, I send them $200 a month.

I'm gonna upgrade to the platinum package and give them $500 a month instead

People who bought into DS had no idea this offendotron faggot wave was coming back in 2013.

It's a goddamn privilege to fund them. Act like it

If you think it's funny, it really isn't.

I bought it a short while ago, because a friend said it was like Terraria.
Seemed cool at first, but I soon found out how incredibly bland it is.

Some complaints, of the top of my head:
Even though the scanning missions seem to never fucking end, the main quest still feels very short.

That one store that sells ores completely ruins the games progression. When it's time to mine end game ores, the store already sells them. I had just enough money for a full set of aegisalt armor and two aegisalt pistols, before even setting foot on a tier 5 planet.

The game is a collectathon, which I normally like, but Starbound is way too grindy. Action figures have 1 in 1000 chance to drop from creatures and the fossil mini game is stupid.

It's a forum stop being so serious. Go outside more

read that pic again retard

To be fair, the first iteration of Starbound was absolutely terrible and it was the right thing to go back and just redo the whole thing. That's more than you can say about most early access games that just slaps a 1.0 on the game then moves on to a new game or sequel. That said, it still isn't very good and I think that's mainly because the Chucklefucks just aren't very good developers.

Joy is an emotion. Who said I was laughing? Stop projecting.

this
this is why you don't pretend to be retarded
because actual fucking retards infest this place

The first iteration of Starbound was really comfy, though. It was when they started trying to make it Terraria that it turned to a shitty boring repetitive grind fest. I just wanted to build a comfy house and travel to cool planets, without being bothered with fighting yet another boss so I could unlock the thing that unlocked the next tier of armor so you could fight the next boss that unlocked the thing that unlocked the next tier of armor so…

bruh get frackin universe duh

Yeah but the first iteration was also completely pointless. There was really no reason to do anything and all exploration was uninteresting. I think they've filled the world with decent amounts of stuff to do now but it still just doesn't work in my opinion.

You could also gay ERP

Yeah, exactly like EVERY VIDEO GAME EVER MADE.

But it's not.

That's not what you said, grumpy cat. Also, it provided plenty of motivation to build cool shit. Not my fault you play games only for muh challenge and muh combat.

look at a dictionary you illiterate fuck

This isn't a new development. There were faggots here defending this shit three years ago and every "major patch" up until release came with a thread shilling it.
Dubs and move on.

Literally no one in this thread is protecting starbound

The world would be a better place if everyone who tried to get dubs, and failed, instantly died of brain cancer; and everyone who tried to get dubs, and succeeded, got one of those four-hour erections that eventually led to gangrene.

check em cuckboi

It's real in this kike's mind though!

rolling

Back to cuckchan faggot

Check the numbers

rollan

Checked!

Nice

I forget what they did to that, did they make the biomes separate worlds or something like that?

The fuck are you 'tards talking about? Invisible Inc. is awesome.

It's called over-ambitious scope. Chances are the team was never capable of maintaining the original vision and completing all the cut content. Plus, this game has been out for how long now? They're probably fatigued by working on it and so are getting sloppy. Happens all the time with these early access indie games.

2nd pic is from a bunch of brony faggots staying together in a room and has nothing to do with Chucklefish games. I remember because that uncomfortable girl in the back became a meme.
Shame a qt like that wastes her time with fucking brony faggots

Talking about shit games…
I think I'm enjoying ESO.
It's plenty fun if you're not looking for a deep or interesting plot and keeps you busy for several hundred if not thousands of hours.
I played it for a couple weeks and barely even cleared the first continent, with several more to come.

bitch you what

get dubs or die tryin

Chucklefuck discovered that making almost EVERYTHING in a game procedural generated is actually really REALLY fucking hard. It didn't help that they also were headed down the road of no mans sky where there was almost nothing to do and the story was detached from the world. Bosses that you could summon at your leisure meant players could stack the terrain in their favor before hand, dungeons that could be disassembled took any difficulty away from them.

Basically their hand was forced into making preset quests and dungeons because otherwise the game would have felt even more boring and uninteresting. As far as unused assets and content I'm guessing that they also suffered from "Idea Guy" syndrome and instead of hammering out a few good ideas they just added as much as they could and let the fans tell them what was good and what sucked.

Despite it's many many flaws it can still be somewhat entertaining if you have friends to play it with or if you have a flare for the artistic and enjoy base building. Mod-ability is also pretty good, I remember that a while ago there was even a Nazi mod for it but I think the author stopped updating it and it no longer works on newer builds.

Terraria does both of these it worked out just fine.

Because the game was never really completed in their eyes, just like every other indie developer who does this, despite the game being listed as "completed" when they're selling it.

Ah yes, Elder Scrolls. The universe where the only way to make the game actually fun is to play as a stealth character because it's the only way to add something interesting to an otherwise unbelievably fucking mundane world and god awful combat mechanics.

You can only modify the blocks of a dungeon after you've beaten its boss, Starbound copied this decently.

The only one that really does this is the Golem and the jungle temple and even then you can add blocks and disable all the traps. Golem is still one of the easiest bosses in the game relative to your character progression.

I'd play TERA again just to mess around with BAMs for a few hours.

I take it you didn't play ESO?
It has a skill system that forces you to bargain heavily, and making your build is often a matter of maximizing efficiency.
Not sure about high level play but the learning curve for this game is actually quite enjoyable so far, and I'm level 41 out of 50.

I played it for a few hours and got really fucking bored with it.

ARE TRAPS GAY!?
AM I FUNNY YET GUISE????!?!!!! XDDDDDD
I'VE POSTED THIS FOR 5000 TIMES. COMEDY. FUCKING GOLD RITE? RANDOM JOJO REFERENCE NOW! XD

Is Terraria still decent? It has been on my backlog forever. Any mods I should put on it before playing or anything?

maybe something to make the sprites look better?

says the guy that used a minion as a reaction image

It's actually a fairly content-rich RPGesque game. No skills or stats, but tons of loot and equipment to take you to the next "level". A bunch of area bosses to fight, even if the combat is a little fucky.

And you can autism build if you want to, I guess.

I-I liked Eets, back in 2006.

mark of the ninja is one of the very few actual stealth games that came out in this decade

also oxygen not included is shaping up to something assuming the increase the autism and add some actual content

It's a solid good game and they've added plenty of good content with updates.
Only issue is that it runs like shit for what it is but people only really mod the online component with server plugins and that's it.

Cucklefuck has no actual programmers left, so all they can do is have their art hipsters make new assets and cobble together some shit code to make them work. Anything particularly complex is simply beyond the devs ability.

I suppose you can mod the shit out of it but the biggest mods go straight into autism. At any rate the game is way way too gated to be of any fun now. Restarting and getting your ship ready requires so much effort and time it's just not worth it to check out new updates.

I've seen bad people defending it and claiming some mods are good. So what's the latest version and what are some good mods? If you have download links, better.

Basically just retooling the game from a general space version of Terraria into a half assed 'story' mode sandbox.
They removed a lot of original ideas and content like randomized enemies with similar attack sets, no contact damage too. But now randomized enemies are rare and every biome has the same ones, and random enemies don't have special attacks anymore and just rely on the universal contact damage.
The lore got rewritten and defanged severely as well, but I didn't memorize it really.
Progression was always based on the materials you found before but now I think you have to do quests in order to visit more deadly planets instead of just making backpacks to survive the conditions. Artificially limits you unless you want to do some boring quests.
Ditto for the tech which used to be free to unlock from the start or found and equipped like items to only 3 and you need to do quests to unlock each tier and can't stack different types like 3 different jumps. And special techs were removed entirely, and some were reworked to be not as interesting.
Combat was overall simplified as enemies just do contact damage and rush you now, some turn invincible to waste your time, others move through walls. Enemy people tend to have really slow AI thats boring to fight and ranged ones can be avoided literally by ducking since they shoot right above you when you do so.
Bosses aren't much better, they're not as well thought out as Terraria's. One needs you to pull levers and basically kill time waiting for lasers to turn off to kill it. The others are more fighting but sitting in a corner and stabbing it while healing gets the job done.
Features were left unfinished or hollow, like the recent mechs being pretty boring compared to being regular vehicles, but mods compensate for that atleast. Space stations too are pretty boring and frustrating resource sinks which is a popular method of pretending to have content.
Basically a million other small things to do that serve no purpose like fishing, farming anything other than one basic food item, trading between space stations, and literally everything to do with the mechs since you only get mech related items in places where you would normally use the mech, and the mech on normal worlds is impractical to use due to how clunky they are.

Oh yeah and the post game is fucking pointless. It all revolves around getting better weapons, after you've killed the final boss and don't need to fight anymore. You go through a gauntlet, to get money, to buy a better weapon, to do more gauntlets, repeat.

Oh right. That shit was so forgettable I literally played once with my friend then completely forgot about it and never played again.
I bought it and played with my friend before the whole story bullshit. It was really fun exploring planets, finding different monsters and weapons and killing ourselves in the dungeons to be the first to open the chest and get the tech. Spamming left arrow and dashing half-way through the map was really fucking fun, we got into the sort of end of the game back then.
After an update in (I think) july my friend called me to start over and play again. Instead of just going into the game there were some unskippable cut scenes before we could finally play, then it was "you need to do collect resources to complete missions to unlock tech missions, then do the tech missions to unlock the dash which not only uses energy but has a cooldown" on a laggy fucking game. It was so shit we literally stopped playing just to get some mods to make the game fun. We got some mods and played for a couple hours, build some shit then stopped. We haven't played since then.
What is it with people advertising a game, making it really fun then completely ruining the game for no reason? I just wanted my comfy space terraria.

Why is there a particular hostility about Starbound here? Is it because you really want a new terraria like game but it didn't deliver? Starbound is a shit game but who cares. 90% of games are worthless.

Gee I wonder.

Because it's a meme. Partly because of chucklefish and a lot of wasted potential, but mostly because they are told to act this way and then do so, despite most never having played the game at all.

Shut the fuck up. Literally everyone here either pirates their games, or is an idiot.

Kill yourself.

Does having a "this game is complete!" sticker on them improve AAA games? Does it make them have more content? Does it remove all the bugs? Does it not have DRM anymore? Does it guarantee it won't ever have DLC?

I've gotten more enjoyment out of early-access indie games than out of anything the (((industry))) could shit out these days.

Isn't that sam hyde on the right

I'm not 100% on the story but I think the gist of it was they wanted to change target groups at the end of the beta and basically remade everything they could. Which meant not only staying in their niche of 'Terraria but better building' but trying to muscle in on Terraria's actual turf of bosses but appealing to people who like to signal virtue.
Which also lead to a ton of less than finished ideas, see the many pointless/disjointed things trying to seem important while bosses are also trying to look important. Like mechs were a cool idea, mods did them well, but the devs wanted to be special snowflakes with their ideas and couldn't think of any better way.
Fishing was basically 'Terraria has it too' but even less useful since theres no item crates and fish aren't edible.
And more. But thats about the core reason, they tried to turn the game down new tracks last minute and ruined it, just like Minecraft did. Only downside is Minecraft knew to add creative mode, which Starbound didn't want to do.

Yes.

Also, "incomplete product" is irrelevant if it's still enjoyable to play. That's like refusing to watch a movie that has sequels because it's an "incomplete story", or refusing to eat prepared meals because it's "incomplete food". You're just repeating memes like a parrot because you're completely incapable of thinking for yourself or forming your own opinions about something. Same with posting anime smug. Hope you realize it makes you look like a complete newfag retard to everyone here.

I always like to post this little piece from SA where, for a brief moment in time, Goons weren't sucking Tiy's dick and let someone post about how bad it was there.

New: Spice pack DLC 500 Food points each
contains a random assortment of salt and pepper (common) thyme, basil, chili (rare) and nutmeg(Legendary)

I hope you remember that when I pull out of your asshole halfway through and just jerk myself off on your back. It doesn't matter if you still had some fun, right?

For a homophobe, you sure have put a lot of thought into gay sex. Sure you don't have something to tell everyone here?

I still love that picture

It's too late for that. Reddit and cuckchan infest every corner of this site, slowly spreading outwards into our homes. The time to declare war has long since passed.

The girl is a camwhore, though, she probably had an orgy after that. I'm trying to find the pictures, but I can't.

I said I'd have unsatisfying penetrative anal sex with you but you're not allowed to complain, neogaf. What's homophobic about that?

Defending anti-consumer practices just because you didn't pay is the goyest kind of apologist. You're the type of faggot that defends lootboxes because jeez just ignore them you guys they don't force you to buy them. I gave three reasons why people are hostile to Chucklefish, only one of which you could even manage any kind of argument against and your argument was 'i-it's not a big deal'. They took money promising to developer features within a timely manner and they didn't.

What's with retards and food analogies? You don't need a fucking analogy for "they sold a thing promising X, Y and Z and delivered part of X" you fat fuck.

Lurk a few more years before embarrassing yourself constantly through a thread again but have another anime picture to get upset about before you go.

Pointing out how braindead you are for your "it's incomplete therefore it's bad!" argument isn't defending anything. Starbound is a shit game that pales in the face of Terraria, but it was STILL FUN for the couple-dozen hours I played it while it was still in early access. What happened after that is none of my concern because it was made worse by the later changes, as pointed out by when they did a 180 on the thing.

Why do you fuckers insist that every game should have a set price depending on how "complete" it is, that only big-budget games should be "worth" money? Games are worth exactly how much enjoyment you get out of them, whether they are complete or not, whether the developers are assholes or not, whether it cost $50 or $50 million to make. To imply it should be otherwise is some bizarre communist bullshit where the price is fixed based on arbitrary and meaningless factors like how much you LIKE the person who made it.

Now you're just being a childish contrarian bitch. Not that one could expect anything else from someone who determines value based on muh feelings.

I thought it would be fun to develop a game that took place on a pitch black desert planet, there's no apparent source of lights at all and you're stranded. You never see the player under their wide brimmed hat and the third rate pixel graphics.

You explore and find various shanties and damaged buildings with bits of technology here and there, you remember nothing of the past and are trying to piece together some semblance of what happened here. It's presented in a classic leddit 5deep10u fashion with a lot of shitty symbolism and quotes from the first results I'd find on a search for "inspirational quotes", pic related.

After the player manages to collect all of the components for survival, hydroponic food sources and generators to produce energy, security turrets to shoot shadowy invading humanoids which rush at you or your structures and explode, you finally construct the giant spotlight on the tower that will allow you to scan your surroundings and find out what this world truly is.

I'd leave the game with a bug right at the end so you can't finish it, though I'll have the entire game peppered with stuff about how it's not the destination that matters, it's the journey, and my rabid fanbase will endlessly defend my apparent incompetence in having a broken game until, a couple months after release, well past any refund period, I 'fix' the bug and patch the ending in.

As the light pans around the world in this final cutscene you see that the shacks you've been killing the denizens of are rusted out old roach coaches and stucco and tile haciendas. The people you've been killing are other mexicans and jihadis, you finally see that you've been wearing a sombrero this entire time and hiding the biggest Pancho Villa mustache you've ever seen and the planet isn't dark, it's just the shadow cast on the south side of Trump's border wall.

You're a fucking retard, so I'll spell it out one last time in the hopes you glance up from your dick sucking long enough to understand: selling games on promises is a shitty practice done by money hungry fucks. I'm not dictating what price it should be or comparing it to AAA or whatever other bullshit you want to make up in the hopes you obfuscate the point. I'm saying they're cunts because they took money promising something and not only didn't deliver it, they took years to deliver something else. If you're unable to understand why that would make people hostile to Chucklefish as a company you need to see a fucking doctor because all that extensive foreskin gobbling has starved your brain of oxygen.

I'm not disagreeing with that. I never fucking did. You're just ranting and raving and constantly going back to some other issue because you're incapable of mustering the brainpower to counter the actual argument. All I ever said was that

is a flawed nonsense claim. That's it! I never said Chucklefish are nice people, I never said anti-consumer practices are good. This is nothing more than your retard impulse to constantly believe that someone who disagrees with you on one point must disagree with you on everything and be a bad person. You're playing party politics when discussing fucking video games!

For someone who apparently thinks sucking dicks is a bad thing, you sure have put a lot of thought into sucking dicks. Gobbling so much foreskin it starves your brain of oxygen. Wow! How many dicks did YOU have to suck to even come up with that??

They hired a slav to do everything for them, then refused to pay him.

i don't understand how you people like those kind of games
can't you see they will only add shit to the pile just to give the illusion of being a game?
case in point, minecraft: they can add billions of types of blocks for redstone autists, but the game doesn't have a reason to go full autist. There's no good AI, no real threat, you just get bigger for the sake of getting bigger.
and when you become OP by unlocking the last tier of buildings what? dead game, until they add a new tier, then you will play for a day or two, get it, and then forget the game again

They're not competent. They tried to do a procedural game without understanding how to do proper procedural so it was inevitable for it all to go to shit once they realized they were too stupid to pull it off.

Just skip straight to gold brushes.

Second pic girl is a clear example of how desperate women are for validation in *ANY* social group, any sane anti-social male would keep away from those retards like they're the human cancer they are but Ms Velma there can't lone wolf so this is her sweaty, fat, hairy, bald world.

Totally obviously isn't.

i want to fuck that loli salad

It's even more nonsensical because I'm pretty sure an actual porn artist worked on Skullgirls (noill).

What? But Terraria is a way better game than Starbound. If they had successfully copied Terraria it would be a vast improvement. They missed the part where you didn't have to grind for pointless fucking spaceship garbage though

That game was complete waste of my bandwidth.
It's five times larger than terraria in disk space and it doesn't have many things to do.
Fuck that grind for spaceship parts.
If I would know that before, I would pirate Sengoku Rance instead.
I have Terraria already.

Didn't the faggot who made Chucklefuck make it after leaving Re-Logic with a grudge against Redigit, and make Starbound out of spite, with stolen assets from Terraria, no less?

I like the Worms style rope mechanics. If the universe of Starbound had more creature variety, the only real issues are the lack of thematic changes between biomes in terms of the music.
Lastly there's the fucking loot system.
Why?
Just why?

i don't get how Don't Starve ever gets admirers on Holla Forums, it's not a good game. ugly, tedious, and empty.