GAMES TO MOVIES

What does Holla Forums think of movie adaptations of game?

youtube.com/watch?v=coOKvrsmQiI

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_based_on_video_games
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You're a big ape

For you.

It looks terrible. They're not even as big as the buildings
What is with directors and producers making movies that are unfaithful to games?

See i thought that this was a good idea but they have to do it right,If they fuck this up im gonna be pissed i loved rampage.

who got em?

It might be a good movie. It just won't be a good movie about rampage.
Same as how some people think silent hill was a good movie. In some respects, it is. But it's just not about the video game and thats why its bad.

If you told me that was a joke trailer made solely to make a joke about generic movies i would believe you

>Pixels 2

I hope the can pull a Mortal Kombat off,ith this one i do plan to see it when i get the chance i loved rampage also there was a giant rat too right at least i remember one

That's in the gameboy/ps1 game, world tour i think it was called.
That gameboy port was a piece of shit

I'd watch a tapper cartoon

Hollywood never ceases to amaze me, and executives probably discussed all that completely unironically

How the fuck is this like Rampage at all? Where is the goofy cartoony monsters beating each other up? The butt rock soundtrack?

They went the Battleship route. Using a brand to sell a generic movie. They already have Dwayne Johnson, which seems like the obligatory hot black actor that Hollywood is pushing now. He's also in another disaster waiting to happen in Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, which I swore came out already but it doesn't until December 20. They also put in Negan's actor because he was on Walking Dead.

I just think Hollywood just spins a wheel or picks random IPs and actors out of hat and puts them together because they can't think of anything to do with their money. We've also got that Hulu Hitman tv series to look forward too.

They should really pick the more interesting video game IPs to make into movies, like Shadow of the Colossus. There's less for that to be a blunder since it doesn't even have to use a real language and more about emoting. I'm sure they'll fuck it up somehow. I'm sure there have been some good video game movies out by now, but all I can really think of is the first Mortal Kombat movie. Were there any good ones out since that was released or has it all been bad?

Not much. I remember when I saw Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within in theaters. It was the weirdest movie I have ever seen and not just because it had nothing at all in common with the video games. I don't even remember what happened in that movie (something about people, animals, and even inanimate objects like some guy's backpack being "spirits" and Steve Buscemi said "Mumbo Jumbo" at one point) except the only part I liked was the moment when the protagonist saved a recording of her dream into a memory card to study later: I couldn't tell you how much I'd love to have one of those machines because I have dreams that would get me centillions of views if I posted them to youtube and assloads of cash if I monetized them.

That's definitely a much more interesting premise than a meteor coming down and mutating animals that were already animals. It's like this was a deliberate step taken to make the movie more bland.

It concerns me that the imbecile who was involved with both the movies will have a say in it.
I hope John Wick director can pull it off.

They are cash grabs.
See, that fucker has been some of the shittiest movies lately. You know if he is in it, they are making one bad movie.

If I wanted to watch a 3gun I'd just do it on youtube.
just pretending to be retarded, I enjoyed both JW films

Main problem with Hitman as a movie/tv series is that you'd need to direct it like a slasher/thriller kill from Victim's PoV without showing 47 until the target dies or just having a bald guy pass by in the background.

Could pull a se7en and have 47 constantly in view but in disguises.

Why didn't they go the whole way with how people became monsters? Also the A-10 sound is botched so dropped.

I really don't see why this couldn't just be a new intellectual property. Honestly, how many people remember Rampage? I could understand if they did this with Donkey Kong or something, but Rampage?

WHY THE FUCK DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING

That's the point. If nobody remembers the IP, then it's that much easier to make up whatever you want and say it's based off an old video game. It's bait for fake nerds and ill-informed aunts with nephews.

Forgot to mention that it could just be Hollywood scraping the bottom of the barrel, but I can't imagine they'd be desperate enough at this point to dig up something like Rampage.

He's certainly not white either

Where's the pozzed Narc movie that promotes being a stoner faggot?

It would be even easier to make up whatever you want with a new ip. The film's marketing doesn't seem to bring up the fact that it's based some old game.

That would require actually coming up with a new idea. It's easier to copy Rampage's characters and premise than to start from scratch. It's like making a shed with pre-built walls.

This is most of what's pissing me off about this trailer. They could easily make a goofy comedy with some fun CGI that's closer to the plot of the game. But instead, what does Hollywood do? They try to make a generic blockbuster and play the plot almost completely straight. Ironically, the movie would probably be a lot more memorable and might even warrant a sequel if they made the movie more tongue-in-cheek, but they're acting like they're making fucking King Kong.

Samoan…

I'm half feeling what happened here is that they had an idea for another movie and just slapped Rampage's name on it after changing around some names.

You are right, they could have easily done some comedy or parody movie with a B-list actor and it would've been fine. It may not have made a killing but it probably would have had more soul put into it. This just reeks of 'pocket change project' to them where it won't make back it's budget but someone did this shit as a deal.

I never realized how much I wanted this till now. Knowing Hollywood they'd probably try to make it some type of dramatic shitty story.

that works, however anything but

I like that they changed the Apes colour to white instead of black and brown so people don't get him confused with Dwayne Johnson.

This looks like a satire Hollywood trailer I watched years back. Why are people looking forward to this?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
IS NOTHING SACRED?!?

Because they're told to look forward to it. The Chosen can only sell what the Goyim choose to buy.

my percentage certainly is goy

So no Lizzie ENF then?

Why the fuck even make this if they're going to take out the best part from the games?

I don't really care about the monsters been too small or not being transformed humans, I even understand why the gorilla is white (to avoid being sued by King Kong's IP owners*) and why Godzilla is now a crocodile (same reasons).
What pisses me off is that they got two simple things wrong:
- The game was about controlling the villains. They were shown in an empathic light. You wanted the destruction, you wanted shit to go down. But in the movie the protagonists aren't the monsters but other people who I don't care for and who even want to stop the Rampage!
- Although most games had retarded plots, this one was one of those who didn't even tried to be taken seriously. I remember opening buildings walls only to find people in the tub or in the toilet. I liked how, when you lose all energy, to turn back into a human and another monster could grab you and eat you. But it was never in a hardcore note, but in an over-the-top ludicrous one.

* Didn't Nintendo demonstrated that King Kong was in the public domain?

You know what this makes me think of? This is one case where this freakin movie should be been animated.

Dude that is a really good idea i did not think about yet,Good call tho.

Practically all vidya film adaptions would be improved immensely if the film was animated. Vidya translates to animation far better than it does to live action. Hell one of the more entertaining vidya films made as of late was the Angry Birds one for crying out loud.

I swear one day vidya films will explode in success the same way capeshit films have and it'll be when the film industry finally gets this.

they're inevitably too stupid, or not stupid enough.
They also have a great talent for picking the wrong games. Why not an animated movie of Oddworld, or Grim Fandango? Those could work.

GENTLEMEN, WE HAVE A PROBLEM

Better version of plot:

Gonna agree here. Most games are high grade fantasy, so it fits the theme better when transitioned to animation. Mortal Kombat is mostly martial arts until you get to the special moves and finishing moves, so it transitioned to live action rather nicely. A good martial arts fight punctuated by one or two special effects driven moves and bam, mortal kombat.

But doing something where most of the world is so fantastic as not to be believed, and it would result in a handful of actors in tons of CG sets, is better suited to a CGI movie.

Rampage would do better as a CG movie, or at least with the stars BEING the monsters. I would be fine with the monsters being able to talk, being able to not eat everyone, having heartfelt moments with their family that they can't return to, then comedic moments of them trying not to destroy things before getting frustrated and going bananas.

They always been shit. I can't even think of a single good exception. And I lost all hope in them after sitting through that cringey, live action Phoenix Wright movie.

AHAHAHA, BURN HOLLYWOOD, BURN~!

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_based_on_video_games
Alright, peeps. Waste your time here if you want. ^
Tell me if you find anything worth watching.

These are the only one that have something going for them, even the ones that are so bad they are good.

Mortal Kombat 1 is the only good video game movie.

the only right answer
the first one is eh, the second one is downright garbage though, and seeing one of the only well done examples of a "strong female protagonist" get strung along like shes a 15 year old girl by hunky coolbro was just embarrassing
no, none of the resident evil movies are good, none of them
no again, but that whole skin ripping scene with pyramid head does make it at least worth one watch
don't think I ever saw that one actually so can't say
I'd hardly call those game adaptations since they were directly related to the anime
Angry Birds was surprisingly good, but being that its based off an app game it may as well have been made from the ground up as a stand alone title, so I'm not sure if it really counts

You might be projecting there. I just got Lara Croft with side characters. She always had a fucking mouth on her so seeing her give lip to others wasn't that out of character. Besides, the sequel might have been weaker but they did go into her backstory and made her more human feeling than the first movie. The DOA movie knows what it is and revels in it. That alone made it a decent flick if you knew what you are going into.
And from there the story takes a back seat to fighting and tossing girls through shit.

eh, I don't remember a whole lot about the second Tomb Raider film besides that it introduces some shitty anti-hero as an old flame that ends up double crossing Lara, thats about it
just felt like a sort of Other M Samus-Adam sort of shtick

The anti-hero was just there to tell Lara what happened to her dad and point her to the temple. He was a plot device at worst, but those types are VERY common in vidya so I didn't find it that offputting.
Spoilers if you want to bother seeing those Lara Croft movies because I would not be shocked if we get a NuLora movie that tries to memoryhole the old movies.

FUCK YOU, NO ONE WANTED THIS GARBAGE YOU GOD DAMN KIKES

holy fucking shit that looks awful
also
HOW THE FUCK DO YOU MAKE A TOMB RAIDER MOVIE AND CAST AN ACTRESS FOR LARA THATS FLAT AS A FUCKING BOARD???
fuck, nu-lara was shit, but even she had a decent sized rack
are there busty women even in hollywood these days? or does that make them look too old for the pedo higher ups? it seems like any "attractive" role in a film these days gets taken up by some pseudo-prepubescent ellen page tier tartlet

You already know the answer, you just don't want to say it.

SJWs are just the strawman they propped up for this. If every SJW was killed today we would still have to deal with this sort of garbage simply because of who is in charge.

I think you could still make the movie live action just keep it faithful to the source material and do it in an over the top cheesy as hell style like Godzilla Final wars
Problem is most Hollywood directors aren't self aware enough to do it right

On the note of "women in roles that don't fit them", why haven't they made an action movie starring lena dunham yet?

Because no one wants to see 2 hours of incest.

Are you seriously implying that some flat-is-justice faggot or (((Hollywood))) pedophile is behind this move? It reeks of virtue signaling and it's the same kind of move you see from those disgusting fags who think that localization is their chance to "fix" problematic games.
It's far more likely it's some cuck who wanted a flat Lara Croft so he could get backpats and maybe even laid(yes, they think like this) from his danger haired female co-workers.
(Nice)
Because most producers have said she's insufferable to work with. Basically, she burned bridges with most of the people who could get her such a role.

WHY?ARE YOU PREJUDICE?

With any luck Hollywood won't even exist in 2030. One way or the other.

Im fine with that if it means we get a CarnEvil movie

at least include a webm, op

It's fucking coming out Earth Day. It's going to be filled with horrible eco-commentary and lectures about how "we did this to ourselves", with the animals becoming a stupid hamfisted metaphor for human self-destruction and human offsetting of nature.
It's going to be The Day After Tomorrow but animals.

Rampage has always been self aware. It required no big plot.

Can't wait Rampage The Movie: The game™

It always happens. Would be nice if it was some decent company who was in charge of it, but I'm unsure as to who owns the rights since the Midway buyout.

Allegedly it's WB, but if so, NRS possibly might have people on the team who were invovled with the series somewhere, since Noobus was a hidden character in Universal tour.

so that is where this girl is from.

postal was bretty good

Actually this makes me think, most fantasy media in general translates better into animation than live action. There are a few exceptions to the rule, but live action is far better when it sticks to mostly realistic stuff with paranormal themes at best. Live action TV is far better off trying to recreate reality changing only small details without trying to create their own world. It can work obviously but it's significantly harder to do than with animation and requires far much more money and effort for the illusion to not be broken.

I agree with you but I still feel like posting the exception to the rule.

Coming to think of it, what about SRR: Dragonfall? I think that might actually produce a semi-okayish script for a movie, even if you probably have to cut 70% of all missions because you can't have a twelve hour movie.

Tolkien translates well into anything to be honest, just because of how quality it is.

Not for much longer, it won't.

>>>/tg/343510

Is Postal actually worth a watch?

Angry Birds. I've heard good things about Postal as well.

Nope, Peter Jackson is a fucking faggot and a hack who contributed to the peak Judaic Film Genre: exploitation films. The cartoons were better and were more faithful to Tolkien's books.

Actor for the upcoming pokemon live action movie revealed
You'll love this

This, even a army of 2 movie that's not fuckin drama and gay shit would be nice

Nice

Nah, that would be Postal. Literally a flawless adaptation of Postal 2.

I ain't paying for that. No Devitochu, No Money.

all i've read about is how shit that movie is, all i've heard from friends is how great it is. then i watched it, it's okay but i would say its more shitting on postal 2 and just using postal things to spice a up a mediocre movie

Speaking of mark wahlberg who elsehad the displeasure of seeing the max payne movie? I mean holy shit dude prime example of a great game being made into a garbage movie

I heard the Director said he'll make it like Ghostbusters and Independence Day. Saying that will make it a classic at all, which it won't

It will flop, nobody will pay attention to it and i'll make the fake-news complain like clockworks

King Kong is public domain. Nintendo had this lawsuit over Donkey Kong and won because of this.

The likeness of King Kong is public domain, not the name itself, which shouldn't matter here, but I guess they want to be safe.

It's gonna be forgettable. The ONLY way this movie could do something right is if they gear it up so that Dwayne is newGeorge for a sequel, the injured soldier is newRalph, and some bitch injured by the crock is newLizzie.

They already made a game of it in 2005

People are suggesting that Rampage was film in the off hours of the Jumanji reboot. That's a sign of quality I tell you h'what.

considering how slapped together nujumanji looks, I'm willing to bet nujumanji was the off-hours movie.

I refuse to give money to the movie industry.

I've seen a regional dub of the movie. It's absolutely terrible but it's so much in the same spirit of a casual playthrough of the game that it becomes enjoyable.

what the hell is this?

Ultra Madam. English translation never ever.