Nioh - Sudoku edition

Still enjoying the game?

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/yungestbae/selfish-high-heels
docs.google.com/document/d/1Oi5_WMfnKEOljZbvv8nMVyaFJC63wpTeeJCYI_RxMA0/edit
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This game is amazingly boring. Its like playing dark souls again. Repeating over and over same segment gets me annoyed.

this is great

It really could have used less reused assets, but the combat mechanics themselves are tops.

Isn't that one of the first ones? Haven't played in a while. Am about to pick it back up.

brain problems?

What exactly is the meaning of 大一大万大吉?
My translaor-fu gives me "Great Million Luck" but I'm not sure that's accurate or if it has some deeper meaning via different readings of it or something.

Anyway it looks like I'm reaching the end of the base game, just went through a gauntlet together with Okatsu and Hattori. I disliked the Sekigahara levels and the ruined castle just went on and on, but otherwise I just really love this game. Hits all the right cords for me, even fucking around in early levels is fun.
Also all the historical figures involved are pretty fairly portrayed, even Nobunaga has a good streak to him even though they're doing the whole Demon King spiel.

I just started playing. Had it crash on me, then when I went to retrieve my souls (sorry, "amrita"), I walked to the edge of the cliff to see if my stuff was down there, and then when I pulled back on the stick fucking William took half a step forward so he could turn around for some reason and fell off the goddamn cliff. Must have clipped some geometry or something. Either way I fucking rage quit.
Anyway, I'm having a bit of trouble finding my groove with this game. I started with the Odachi, but it's a bit boring. I tried the tonfa, but they're weak.
What I really want is a weapon that allows for good counters and parries. There seems to be some good counters and guard crush in the tonfa tree, but having shit locked behind skill trees that have quest requirements bothers me. You can't even fucking backstab until you get taught how.
Since it's a Team Ninja game I'm desperately hoping there are some hot fucking ninja girls soon.

/r/ing quick rundown for brainlets on how to into proper offense.
Didn't have much trouble for the first couple of bosses, but Muneshige was a pain in the ass to deal with.
All I could do was dodge and block till he ran out of juice and hope to finally get some hits in.
I was using spear and tonfas. Currently putting points into sword and axe.

I chalk that up to the development ups and downs this game went through to release as this form.

Daiichi Daiman Daikichi ? It was Mitsunari's motto, his idea of what valor is. I think it means something like "work for everyone's well being", but absolutely don't quote me on this. Pretty sure it was explained in Samurai Warriors 3's Mitsunari campaign.

I hate the loot system. It's annoying as fuck that enemies drop weapons and armor like candy, but I only have 500 slots that get constantly filled with new things, and I have to waste time wading through my inventory and deciding on whether or not I should get rid of item X, Y, or Z. It's a pain. Not only is it a pain, I also don't know which items are worth keep and which items aren't, so I just tend to sell or disassemble lower level duplicates. For all I know, I could be getting rid of the wrong items by doing things this way. Not to mention that I feel like I should be constantly switching weapons because I don't want to get stuck using a level 10 uchigatana when I've got a level 60 pair of tonfa in my inventory, which itself seems counter intuitive when you consider that the game tries to reward you for sticking with a weapon to build it's familiarity.

At the very least, it'd be nice to have an infinite inventory, or maybe just have a charm that prevents enemies from dropping anything but money. Maybe you don't like these suggestions; they're not the point. Maybe you can think of some better solutions. The point is, the loot system + inventory management is bullshit and a pain and I hate it.

The combat is great, though.

The game actually has an infinite storage, you just can't access it during missions.

SW3Z translation/localization never.

How do you access the infinite storage? The shrine?

I just sell everything that isnt my top 5 sets of gear for each category. I then use the spare amrita I got to level up. I only had to do that about 3 or 4 times though, the amrita boost was a good bit of help too.

Odachis cannot parry. They are more for doing big damage with good range.
You need to buy Water Shadow and Leaf Glide in Katana tree to be able to actually "parry"
The parry stat refers to how effective blocking is.

Yes, on the world map go to your base and look for the storehouse option.

Dont just store everything user, thats a waste of time, either sell it for money or amrita.

Don't bother keeping anything that isn't purple.
You can press select and sell/offer/disassemble anything that isn't purple rarity.

Everything you pick up after reaching your inventory limit is put in storage. The stuff you find in the Tower of London at the start of the game is in there too, since you don't wash up on the beach with it. So it's not like the extra loot disappears, you've just got a separate storage to also clean out.
I just sort by type, and then get rid of anything that isn't at least blue. I'm also sticking with light armour for the speed and stamina buffs, so any other types of armour get sold off or broken down.

Thanks user. I guess I'll try katanas next. Is the respec book reusable?

What if he REALLY needs 99 dungs?

You can buy a new one for a lot of cash but don't bother early in the game.
You'll get more than enough Samurai points.

i feel very conflicted the sengoku basara thing might've of been because capcom but come on

Alright, solid advice. I probably would've ended up doing that anyway. Out of curiosity, how do you get the best weapons in the game? There is a forge, so I would imagine that you have to disassemble gear and use it to create even better gear, and that's how you end up becoming ridiculously powerful.

Team Ninja did most of the heavy lifting for Nioh. Also
u wot

The quality of items in his inventory is going to get alot less shitty no doubt.

Keep using whatever you want with the abilities you want and soul match it with any higher level weapons you find.

Different weapons for different people will be the best. You can soul match and reforge a weapon to have different abilities but I wouldn't really soul match until NG+ since it becomes quite expensive to soul match the same item after a while.

The cost of soul matching is based on level difference between the target and the material.
Also its not like money has any other uses.

we at least got a date masamune that looks alot like the one from basara inb4 but thats how historically accurate he look'd like duhhh

but thats how historically accurate he look'd like duhhh

I forgot to mention in the last thread about soul matching. There is a text in the abyss for a weapon called the Swordsmith’s Hammer that lets you reset your soul matching cost on weapons. It's Tome's hammer.

Went back to SW4 to try and see if he had this in his biography, but it's locked behind the chronicle mode so I didn't have it. Thankfully the koei wikia has it.

Thanks I figured it had some deeper meaning.

Anhedomia is gay.

Sengoku Basara is okay gameplay wise and I really liked Oichi in it, but it's also a goddamn cartoon. Sure, Nioh has spirits and shit, but it also goes for an accurate portrayal of historical figures, so it has no business referencing Basara of all things.

The side quest where you fight him or the sorry mission? In the side quest just keep him attacking and he'll run out of stamina, then do your finisher on him. Just keep that up til he dies.

There are some other factors that go into soul matching too, like the soul matching reduction and reset skill that are on weapons. I'm pretty sure matching two different pieces of equipment raises the price as well but that could be from the level and stat differences.
KT should have added more hair and beard types, that would have been another place to throw gold other than reforging and matching.

Was it dropped by a boss? Around what floor were you?

I haven't got that far but according to what I've heard you get it for clearing the 50th floor.

Hopefully that mode has stuff scattered every 20 floors or so, at floor 25 I've found two neat things but I don't know if I have the will to go down to floor 999.

So anyone who's into real lategame, is the game slowly developing into a dps race to handle group fights? Playing defensively seems to be less and less effective as I'm approaching NG+++.

I think the Frolicking Cats is the last reward at floor 108. Of course fighting Hanzo where ever you find him is a great way for getting all sorts of texts.

I'm having a hard time moving away from the Yatagarasu set overall though, this shit is excellent.
Oh and also I dropped the odachi in pic related from a revenant, where do you normally drop that crazy skin?

Money is always in short supply and more valuable than amerita. Reforging especially is hugely expensive and absolutely necessary to get anything worth a damn. For some reason i never find revenants with competant gear.

who /no samurai/ here

There are revenant exclusive equips.

I did that for a while but now I have a fucked up mmo tier combination of random stuff.

Has anyone ever figured out what the fuck this actually does?

Somewhere in Osaka summer.

that sword is ugly as fuck

you can refashion armor to any other set. weapons are restricted by their class, but it's still nice.

I really want to refashion an odachi into some kind of western weapon like a zweihander. Are there only 3 western weapons or can you find more later?

Whats the point of doing that when I dump my current armor after finding a better set after one mission? Id rather stay looking all mixed and matched.

Can't even get mad. Also I see his set has "sword of meditation fast skill activation". How much damage does this skill actually do for such a long wind-up?

Can I only choose stuff I've already found?

A cute little dance.

Yes.

Research indicates it's similar to the Kodama bowl headgear in that it provides an additional bonus to whatever Kodama blessing you've chosen.

How do I know which item modifiers need multiple slots of reforging to appear? Is it based on the color? 3 for purple and 2 for yellow or something?

It's pretty good if you pick your times to use it. It's great against blockfags.

Does it stack I wonder?

Can you add permanent elemental damage to weapons?
I figured out Soul matching and Reforging won't do the trick which is fucking bullshit

Is it just me, or was Tadakatsu kind of a pussy? He never blocked my swings and I just comboed him to death.

You can reforge elemental damage on to a weapon.

Yes provided it doesn't already have an innate elemental or status effect.
Try using magic charcoal if you have any.

Aren't the special skills by reforge completely random though?

Yeah. That's why I suggested for you to use Temper instead of reforge. But you have to have that special charcoal to spend on tempering though.

Aye thankd

Tempering is kind of iffy. Certain attributes seem to only go into certain slots when you temper a weapon. I went through a couple hundred attempts and had change attribute to attack dozens of times in slot one and four, change element in two and four, but neither of those EVER showed up in slot 3. That's probably weapon specific and they probably roll a table of affixes for each slot.

Something similar might apply to straight reforging too, so some combination of the two is your best bet to get the affixes you need. Honestly I recommend save scumming, and so it seems does a lot of the community from ps4.

I think I stuck with level 60 armor right up until I was able to forge level 150 divines. I especially love having +20% item/equipment find on my chest, now I actually have +25% of both on there.

Oh, and I'm pretty confident that you cannot get the +20% item find rolls from reforging. Maybe with divine fragments or tempering, but I never rolled either one with normal reforge.

I've noticed the list of skills you can temper to refreshes when you reforge it with the exception of the slot you reforged. So if you've got a nice exotic or something you want to have elemental damage, you can reforge one slot, then take it into the temper menu to see what's available. If you can't temper it to anything you want, reforge again. You can make some silly strong weapons like this. My current kusarigama does almost as much damage as my Axe I got off of some twink that was over leveled and my Dex is not that much more than my Str.

Reforge material is cheap enough. Only temper when you get a roll you like.

Had an interesting coop run last night. Summoned into "Demon King Revealed" with an actual competent summoner and we did the whole thing without much issue. The only time I triggered my Quick Change was vs the Nue, which I still think is one of the most bullshit individual "bosses" in the game. Against Kelly we actually backed him into a corner and both reapered him to death at the same time, it was kind of neat to see.

That's what I do most of the time. I still end up burning through hundreds if not thousands of reforges and what would be tens of millions of gold

I stopped playing for a while shortly after being the game and some Way of the Strong levels. Is it safe to just pawn off the massive amounts of non-divine equipment I get?
Is it really worth it? Is it really nearly half the game's content in DLC?

High stance for all weapons doesn't bounce off when guarded, and lower stance dodges are fast with a faster attack so you can weave between attacks and counter yourself. He has some hyper armour attacks but not all of them and it's always the same ones. The most important things to keep in mind are stance selection, Ki Pulse, mobility and making use of the Ki you get rather than hanging back because you think you have to, because you very rarely do.

I just finished my weapon recently. Slightly disappointed by the element (it's a low-ish roll and I'm not sure if Wind is worth it) but otherwise it's pretty good

Each DLC adds a new region equal or greater than the old regions with all the stuff that comes with it, a new difficulty mode, new item levels and tiers, and new levels of the abyss

I smell faggotry.

Is this something you unlock after completing Way of the Strong?

Each difficulty level (including way of the samurai) unlocks a certain number of levels. Once you complete way of the nioh it unlocks down to level 999 and maybe more.

Well fuck. I'd been holding off on those last few way of the samurai levels because I'm too shit at the game to fight multiple bosses at once competently.

Wew, that's like half the complete edition on PC.

It really is. Base game has 6 regions, DLC adds 3 new regions. The DLC is basically half a sequel.

Those are optional missions. To unlock the next difficulty level you only need to complete the main missions from the base game.

It's always the people who have no idea how to manage loot that hate on the system. There's multiple sorting options, the very next one after Newest (the default one) sorts by strength with each weapon class being in order, between that and the rarity you have everything you need to cut down how many things you have to check to a handful. Inheritables are the only thing that takes slightly more time, but they're only important later on and are stronger the rarer the weapon anyway so the same thing applies. Beyond that, you can just go and offer/sell/disassemble/donate everything in a matter of seconds between every level. This problem you're running into is one that's entirely self-created.

Why did they have to place the Nigger Bear at the end of the game? That shit is fucking amazing if you have the Spirit talismans, it just fucking bear crushes through any human's defense and you also get a free downstab and also swats youkai like the bitches they are.

Show me his stat page

You'll be meeting more spirits after the base game ends along with being able to have two at once

Yeah, I know, I meant his Guardian Spirit talisman skill is insanely good.

It had better be, because everything else about him is fucking awful.

Personally I'll probably stick with Tengen Kujaku (nobunaga's peacock)

So it's optimal to disassemble anything that isn't a level 150(+x) divine, right? From there, just use what I like and pay attention to inheritables?
Holyshit.

Of the Abyss? I must of missed it somewhere then.

Well, obviously you don't put the best shit at the beginning of the game. But yeah Atlas Bear looks damn good.

Try it out against anyone block happy and you'll see how easy it punishes them

Abyss is difficulty-independent. Doesn't matter if you play it on Samurai or Nioh, it's the same either way and only gets harder with more floors. The option for it is right above the two twilight missions as soon as you complete Samurai, requires a cracked ochoko to enter

Also to summon inside you require while ochoko cups and you can summon two people. I haven't summoned two, but when I summoned another person it caused a second boss to appear in the arena. If that's the case summoning a second person may force you to face 3 bosses on a floor.

This, at what level am I supposed to start caring about conserving equip?
In the early game my policy was to disassemble everything that I didnt use but at some point I just started ignoring it and just stuffing everything into the storehouse once I realited you can soul match. Now I also realized that soul matching is way too expensive so am I safe to just disassemble fucking everything for forge fodder? Level 45 here by the way.

Honestly I shove off every spare shit into Hisahide's teahouse for glory. I rely on random drops for upgrades and it works just fine.

Maybe if you want to be gimped to hell and back. Crafted gear tends to be MUCH better, especially if you are careful to reforge it into something good. Some revenant drops are good because that's other players gear, but most players seem to have your same brand of mental deficiency and don't have gear worth a damn.

so the correct approach would be to resume disassembling fucking everything since the set shit is craftable anyway? gotcha

also whats the best utility spirit and set? Im running around with the green birb since the beginning of the game and the maphack set and only ever change to exploit elemental weaknesses in specific levels

WHAT A BUNCH OF FUCKING HORSE SHIT HOLY FUCK I'M MAD!!!

Look faggot, I like varying my gear as loot comes and goes to keep shit fresh and enjoy all the movesets. I know damn well I'm sub-optimized but I'm managing just fucking fine up to Nobunaga so far, so I'm not going to apologize for it. If you so desperately need to optimize your shit before hitting the level caps then maybe you should just git gud.

Split the shit you don't need between disassembly for reforge material for the wonderful game of rolling for new skills on your equipment/using umbracite, and giving them to the shrine for more amrita to level up.

Iga Ninja 2-piece set bonus is a must-have. Every time you use (and end) living weapon it regenerates about 30% of your Ninjutsu uses (percent depends on item level), rounded up. This is especially good for the Quick Change scroll which lasts about 5 minutes and gives you basically an extra life, but only has one use. You can Living Weapon to regen the 1 charge every time.

As for Guardian Spirits, I stuck with the starter bird too because I love loot. I only finally switched when I got Nobunagas Peacock from literally the last level of the main campaign, and occasionally the spider for item instead of gear drops. Everything the peacock grants passively is amazing. It has maphacks for literally everything (beware, they are disabled if you lose the spirit or if it's on cooldown), temporary buffs for absorbing amerita (damage in high stance, defense in mid, ki regen in low), and a nice bit of damage, damage reduction, and it even improves your elemental debuffs.

Never worth giving gear to the shrine. Amrita is EASY to come by. Glory is fairly easy as well, especially if you go bridge farming.

I recommend splitting between disassemble and sell. Gold is always hard to get in enough quantity. You ESPECIALLY want to sell about half of your Divine gear when you start getting it. Divine fragments are very nice, but you can quickly get more than you need and not have the gold to use them.

At least at the end of NG and beginning of NG+, when divine-revenant farming becomes a thing, farming and selling Divine gear becomes the fastest way to get money. I have no idea how one gets the money they would need in later difficulties.

If he goes gold then he should max out the sell price request to really get the most out of it.

That's what I did. Although personally reforge cost reduction first, then sell, then soul match.

Not to confuse forge with reforge. Forging is cheap

That was weird. Spend a lot of time on WotS and had a lot of trouble with doing enough damage. Barely spend any time upgrading my gear which isn't even 200 and skip main missions to go to orochi to see what item level drops there. End up doing more damage and beating heads in almost one phase instead of 3 like my WotS run.
Did anyone else think NG++ was a lot easier?

What the fuck is up with the servers? I get lost connection 9 times out of 10.

Nips still can't into netcode

Those fucking wheelmonks can go and fuck themselves
Also, the boss of this area was disappointingly easy what the hell man.

Wheelmonks are niggers however consider that Tengu exist.

Tengu are tough but fair. Wheelmonks can just run you over at 80mph over and over again if they feel like it.

Yeah but consider this:
Oni-bi

meanwhile
Ive died maybe twice to wheelmonks reaching lvl 50, meanwhile tengu are fucking showstoppers especially on twilight missions

Tengus arent that hard, I usually just combo them once or twice with a fire weapon or charm and watch them burn while I circle around them, wheelmonks can see you from 10 miles away and rush to you like they're on cocaine

They are literally made of bullshit, but they don't actually do any damage

Their dangerous attack is the one where they just randomly roll into you without doing an actual attack. To easily beat Tengu all you have to do is stay close and bait the claw swipe into 360 combo then punish them.

source for the song?

not the one that posted the webm but I recognized the song, have the original youtube related gives the remixes

much love man appreciated.

I dont know the song name but the artist is Marcross 82-99

How the fuck do sets work? I'm wearing a full iga ninja set, but only receiving the bonus from my weapons.

Wait I thought I had to beat all main missions to get the next NG. It's actually just the last normal boss.

I actually remember the remix used in the video I think is this one
soundcloud.com/yungestbae/selfish-high-heels
Polite sage for out of topic

You have to have the attributes to gain any bonuses from armor, I think iga ninja requires 12 body, 13 skill. Crafted armor has reduced requirements though, crafted iga is only 6/7.

tonfa master race. reminds of ninja gaidens 2 tonfas. so goddamn satisfying dashing everywhere and pulling crazy combos.

how the fuck people manage to play these games to the end, are they braindead?

Because every single enemy is alone and doesn't have a 360 degree attack that can hit you before you recover from your attack animation

cant webm gameplay vids at the moment but this is close to how i play nioh

I played dork souls without armor and without using the lock on until that retarded white dragon boss, got sick of it and dropped it, but the game forces you to use it on boss fights. And 99% of you casual faggots play like this, dont even try to deny it.

i forgot this game had lock-on and neglected to use it until people started bitching about it

why would you not use a feature of the game?

Wow user, ur so hard core. tell me more.

I'm starting to just get burnt out and mad at it after 24 hours.

Fighting a Tengu for the first time and it's literally just

be a ninja for easy modo. You can just throw kunai at everything til it dies.

why do i wanna fuck the kodamas so bad

Just block and watch his pitiful amounts of stamina go down.
You did buy grapple did you not?

Wait what? I'm on WotW and I didn't know you could grapple them.

I'll admit I do usually blast Tengu with Sloth. That, or I try to set lightning status on them with a single combo even if I have to get roundhouse kicked to the face to make it happen.

That's gay and boring though, no point of even playing the game if you're gonna do that.

Blocking one of those three hit combos was enough to deplete all my Ki though. I got in a groove with them now though, all because I remembered I have a sword and not just tonfas.

They're weak to lightning?

You can see all enemy information in Amrita Memories on the map screen.

So is this game worth an actual
PURCHASE
Or should I pirate it first?

Are you blocking in high stance or something?

Always try before you buy.

Do your self a favor and put some points into ninja so you can get kunai to throw at little annoying shits like them. They also do wonders for wheelmonks and make it easier to fight just about everything since if you get something low but run out of ki to smack the shit out of them before the smack the shit out of you, you can just throw a fucking knife at them and make their head fall off.

Well they aren't immune to it. Lightning effect is basically mini-sloth. It's not as strong a slow and I don't think it reduces regular move speed, but it does reduce attack/dodge speed enough to get comboes in reliably afterward. Plus it stays up permanently as long as you can hit

Roger that, I figured as much. is the fitgirl 21 gig torrent good to go?

Always pirate first. The game's pretty good, although it sure as hell ain't gonna be everybody's cup of tea.The port is decent although lacking in proper M+KB support because the game's control scheme is entirely reliant on how a controler is laid out.

Should be, though it's gonna unpack to about double that if not more.

Yes, but also get the 1.21.02 patch. Makes the game run better.

I mean, I know what I am going into, I have a controller and everything and my computer is up to date. Just wonder if the 56$ price tag is worth the port. Ill get started on the pirate for now.

Port's okay. Runs pretty well on my machine, seems to have a good amount of content and it has all the DLC so that 56 is all you're gonna have to put down.

Well it is the port and all the DLC for 56$ so you're already better off then people who bought it for PS4.

You get the base game which is pretty big and the three DLCs which basically double the content. You get a lot of bang for your buck with those 60 bucks.

"Glorious nippon" indeed.

Have a (you) for the effort.

It wouldn't be too hard for the developers to make a good layout for the game. There would need to be some code modifications to split out controls that are normally handled by the same button, but the game could be totally playable

WASD move
Mouse Camera
Space dodge/run
Shift stance/ki burst button
LMB light attack
RMB heavy attack
MMB lock on
Mousewheel change lockon, or alternatively hold MMB and move the mouse
Numbers 1-4 items (would do 1-8 for two sets if possible).
Q Switches item sets
Shift+F switches weapons
Shift+R switches ranged weapons
Shift+Q switches guardian spirit
E maps to Circle/B button (use objects, sheathe weapon/buffs/iai attacks)
CTRL ready ranged weapon
Left mouse switch/fire ranged standard ammo
Right mouse switch/fire ranged alternate ammo

I'm not sure about stances. Probably shift+123E but that sounds a little hard to learn because of the E. Maybe make it shift+1234 with E as an alternate key

Is there anything I missed, because I think all of this works pretty well in standard "FPS style" controls. Maybe there's some combination of buttons that would be hard to do? This is basically a first-draft that would be put through development testing.

Quality bait.

You forgot blocking. Also it would be impossible to move and switch weapons/stances at the same time without shifting all of your fingers on your left hand, and I'm not really sure how I could be done without making things even more awkward.

Why do the japs look more realistic than the westerners in this game?

You already can't move and switch weapons because dpad/left stick is incompatable to begin with Shift +123 is done with pinky and middle finger, leaving your index free for WSD. You can't use A easily, but it's more than you get when switching weapons on a controller and more than enough for the brief instant you would be switching stances.

You are right about block though. I'd probably shift Stances to MB4 and put block on Shift, but "officially" developers can't use MB4 because not everybody has one.

I fucking hate those wheels. Close range roll is not telegraphed and just breaks through your guard like it's not there.

I read a few threads ago that everyone should have 20 dex and skill to unlock some missions. Would a sword user need/want to do those missions?

Yes.

20 dex is primarily required to unlock the master ninja training mission "A true ninja" at the dojo, which in turn unlocks the two Ninjutsu Mystic Artes. One of those arts allows you to instantly use ninjutsu items such as Power Pills and Quick Change (extra life) scrolls. Both are immensely useful.

Not only does it unlock the Mystic Artes, but completing that mission also allows you to purchase Okatsu's skin for your character. She is of course the most expensive (and objective best) skin option at 100k glory.

Completing the mission A True Ninja is also necessary to unlock at least one other side mission outside of the dojo.

Worth noting though you can always respec after you've done the mission (and or when you want to do it) with a book of reincarnation. They are pretty cheap to start with and they cap at a low enough cost to be affordable in NG+ anytime.

I tried asking this last thread, but how good is the "Ki Pulse" stat? I've been stacking skill because it's the common attribute between my two weapons and I've got A+ skill on both of them now as well, so I get a lot of damage out of it. I just want to know what I'm getting besides damage.

Then start playing again.

nigga dey all chinese

The stat improves the amount of "recoverable" ki that can be obtained when you hit an enemy which will allow you to get the pulse bonus sooner by partially filling more of the red section of ki.

I explained it rather vaguely but the best explanation is to hit empty air and look at the ki bar, then compare it to when you hit an enemy.

The real question is "by how much".

I like the fact that when you first meet him he basically goes "psh, nothing personal kid" and then spends the rest of the fight trying to teleport behind you with a katana. Apparently Hinoenma is his waifu too.

I have more issue with him spamming bombs and shit. That boss doesn't really give you any chance to recover

I can't take the game very seriously like this.
Sometimes long, transitioning cutscenes crash, if it's right after a boss fight I have to fight it again. Happened after defeating that villain guy posing as samurai dude with a little doggy spirit

Not to mention when you do the GS while in living weapon mode it lets you cycle through all of the elemental effects so you can apply discord very easily.

just got this to drop from the ogress, know what i'm refashioning to

I personally find it easier to apply status OUT of living weapon, LW just doesn't have enough buildup

Use any thrown object while he is airborn. Then just give him a final blow and wait for him to reteleport and do it again. As long as you stay locked on to him and keep the rhythm up he practically can't touch you.

Ninjutsu and Omyo spells are actually pretty useful. I would recommend getting those no matter what.
Don't play this like memesouls by just pumping up a single stat hoping to one shot enemies.

Im pirating it. I'm way cooler if I beat it solo right?

Eh. It's pretty doable solo, at least as far as the first difficulty.

But surely it's more cool that beating it with help.

That I couldn't say for certain, it seems to be percent-based but I don't know the calculation for it.

I guess so, just have fun?

The hardest fights in the game don't allow summons anyway.

I've noticed my sloth magic being applied for far shorter periods than before, Do enemies start getting resistances to it later of does adding more talismans reduce the time the magic is active.
I know I can get items and spec into increasing magic duration but I'm a big stronk strength build not magic or ninjitsu

I dislike the Diablo loot drops, I spend way more time managing all the worthless loot crap.

Equipment grade and parameters should be entirely done by the blacksmith.

They might as well be. It's not even worth looking at parameters on equipment drops other than transferrables. Just craft the best level gear you can and then reforge/temper every slot until it has what you want.

Random tip: Umbricite drops primarily in coop

Some of the newer yokai typically seen in the final three regions of the game that were added as DLC will laugh at the sloth talisman since it will basically last for a second or two. The talisman used to be a lot stronger and journalists and players would talk about how broken it was.

The DLCs added new enemies to old regions? Like what?

it really was broken, to the point of why even bother with it. Kind of like perma-invincibility suzaku

Anyway if you use sloth at all you're a shitter so really you deserve whatever you get

The way I see it, you are the shitter for not using every tool you have available to you. If you aren't doing everything you can to win (whether you technically need to or not) you are failing.

I meant the Osaka siege regions and Oshu for the final three regions since the PC version just has the DLC prepacked. in the higher NG+ though I've sworn I've seen those fox demons and Rokurokubi added to the other regions in missions.

The game should have given enemies the torpor ability earlier through mages or on hit for some bosses and enemies rather than just nerfing the talisman.

damn now I see, by not playing the easiest most braindead way, you become the shitter.

Same here i played through half the game without knowing you could lock on.

should've beaten the game with a mouse and a keyboard then

Yeah, play every game on easy mode, it's in the game it doesn't mean I'm bad!
Do you write for kotaku or something

I mean the real best part is I can call you a shitter who hasn't beaten way of the nioh because bosses start getting massive defense buffs when debuffed in that mode making sloth talismans literally useless. You saw plenty of shitters complain about their crutch being taken away on that difficulty

Gee I shouldn't be using those elixirs after all

A mage build is actually really enjoyable and rewarding. Versatile too.

Which is why you should go for electrified or muddied or if you really like slow use makibishi balls.

Dont you know shitter, real hardcore players like 216db3 and me only play with the default katana and nothing else, you some cheap scrub?

I've been considering the makibishi balls, I've have paralyze powder but I haven't been using it as much like I used to.

pathethic

Makibishi balls are fucking amazing. Every individual makibishi inflicts or reapplies sloth and and they cause a momentary stun effect to humans every time one is stepped on. Plus being a ninjutsu they can be restored mid battle using the Iga 2 piece bonus.

I did summon some randoms for coop recently and had to send them back with the item each time. Isnt there a limit where the summons are close to your level? because everyone I summoned seemed to 1/2 ko everything

fuck these cunts

They try to balance coop by lowering the stats on visitors who are too high level but since most of your damage comes from gear and stacking multipliers it doesn't really help.

Something that I noticed is that you can knock him down before he actually goes into the air, which makes his fight stupid easy and that's why I was so confused.
I was thinking something like that after the bathouse side mission where you fight her and he's hiding tactically waiting in the back

Wait until you get to the third act where 9 out of 10 people wear red demon armor. The other guy will either be wearing warrior of the west still or just be wearing random pieces of gear. I swear there must be a guide somewhere that all these people are following because it's a genuine surprise whenever I get to fight a ninja or something other than red faggots anymore.

Could you imagine a Bird Man and Bat Bitch dual fight?

If you throw kunai at him while he's flying he falls on his ass and then you just giggle like a madman while you stab him on the ground.

It's called the claw grip, faggot.

>Grace of Tsukuyomi
7PC Recover Onmyo Items (Finished Using Living Weapon) 30%
My dick is an iron kanabo right now.

These are the same faggots that will use the wallhacks and auto headshots in stealth games because they are there. Its pointless arguing with these casuals.

The scythe and weighted chain are the funniest weapon in game.

now do a crit build

I hope you have the high stance skill that pulls people toward you because that skill is the fucking best.

I wish we had pawns in this game. I want to have a little hitotsumi kozo familiar like Fuku does.

can someone explain to me why the big one eyed oni randomly become the small one eyed ones if you kite them long enough?

Maybe runs out of amrita?

Those are counterfeit oni. They're just transformed one eyed imps. You can tell because their eyes are glowing. If they exhaust the amrita that they stole from you they return to their original forms.

wew
aight, next question, how do I prime the crystal oni to detonate, because Im pretty sure Ive seen one explode before

Match the element of the oni with the element you're attacking with.

What said.
Usually a single elemental shot of the appropriate element is enough to make them explode. They're great for taking out groups of enemies.

The sword never fucking drops and their shit's all +0. At least the glory's good.

I'm only on the second mission but I keep hearing and seeing about all these cool looking sets so I'm curious about how to get them. Do you have grind missions for drops from certain enemies for them to show up or are they guaranteed drops from bosses or in chests or something?

You grind materials to make them and then make a million copies until you get one that's good.

A lot of unique helmets drop from certain enemies you summon in different levels. Then most armors and weapons from bosses will start dropping a lot more later in the game.

Grind. They drop from bosses, enemies have a chance of dropping them and bosses have a very, very low chance of dropping smithing texts for them.

Did I get good or did she get nerfed? I remember her being a bastard to kill in the demo.

These are the things you want too because later you can start making divine equipment with and 80% chance so basically just wear what ever you fell like until you beat the base game and then get the smithing text to what you want and make it.

Tonfas are the best weapon in the game ki depletion wise. So you probably stunlocked the shit out of her.

Oh right, I forgot she has shit Ki. Still, tonfas are great and a load of fun.

Not to mention kunai in general fuck her up good.

Has anyone come up with a good high Spirit build?
I know that there are quite a few peices of armor and weapons with spirit scaling but how good can you make it?

Just put heavy armor on and put a bunch of levels into health to become the most annoying fucking revenent that ever lived.

thanks, I'll keep this in mind and I guess check the wikis on who drops what, and how to smith the shit I want

He's also still considered airborn when his feet already landed on the ground. He's such a pushover it's ridiculous. A lot of bosses have this thing where they are almost useless if just hug them. They way some attacks track you makes playing it safe by keeping the distance to learn the patterns actually the most dangerous.

The wiki is so empty. Didn't even see a mention of any difficulty beyond WotS.

Can you make divine sets at the blacksmiths or is that locked until later?

why are these yokai designs so fucking cute

Once you unlock WotS. You gotta change materials and invest some divine fragments to increase the chance for divines.

10 fragments will give will give you a 96% chance of forging a divine. Once you get to NG+ you can also get divines from the Teahouse lottery.

docs.google.com/document/d/1Oi5_WMfnKEOljZbvv8nMVyaFJC63wpTeeJCYI_RxMA0/edit
Has the locations of everything except DLC3 stuff.

That sounds an awful lot like head smashing talk user.

Recorded this shit.
Sorry for low quality image and audio.
Had to film it externally since the PC was already shitting itself just to run the game and I don't know shit about encoding.

How hard would it have been to put in Momiji's ancestor?

Wait, you can't get thw qt blacksmith girl as a skin?

I bought a game pad just for this game. It's pretty good, but holy shit, gaming without a kb+mouse is so fucking bad, console people really are plebs

oh man, thats rough. Is the entire game choppy too or is it just pronounced during movies? Do you have everything on low that you can? I remember someone saying that low shadows are more intensive than just having them on medium…

Running it on a Core 2 Duo. I know that feel. Slow motion fights would be easier if it didn't add input delay like crazy.

I think for Nioh at least it worked nicely due to the stance changing system, can't imagine it being enjoyable on kbm.

I have them turned off. Everything on lowest. Changing fps limit doesn't seem double the game speed.

The game runs smoothly, then when it needs to load assets it hiccups way worse than that. sometimes it needs a good minute when reaching a new area whithin a level.
Already set everything to lowest possbile, even disabled shadows, doesn't help so much when the game tries to load in particles and special effects.

My luck is that only my RAM sucks, so it doesn't actually lag, just has severe hiccups frmo time to time.

It's the opposite for me. Have the game on an SSD and enough ram but it runs in slow motion on big stages, yet without hiccups.

Yeah you can get her. I'm not sure what you have to do to unlock her though.

I want to say you find her hammer at a certain point in The Abyss, which unlocks her skin.

Fuck I didn't even know about skins when I played it. It's somewhere in the Teahouse menus, isn't it?

Yeah.

You wouldnt have had these problems if you would have just played it on the ps4.
So much for the "master race".

Fug. I knew it. I skipped that whole "choose a clan" and "glory" shit because I thought it was some online bullshit.

Choose a clan, their bonuses can help.

A PS4 is a lot more expensive than a new cpu+mainboard and it doesn't allow me to drawfag.

It's sorta online bullshit, but it does grant passive boosts and a weekly reward based on clan performance.

The irony is that I'm playing the game on a PC but with with a DS4 controller.

Yeah, that works alright for the face buttons, but not at all for the dpad, ESPECIALLY on an xbox controller because there is no fucking way you are going to control the stick with the side of your index finger.

me too, its the best pc controller currently available

1 fragment is a 49% chance. Unless you really desperately need to conserve some rare mats, I wouldn't bother with 10.

A good graphics card and cpu always helps too!
Too bad that my toaster is absolute garbo when it comes to almost any game thats worth a damn.
I was just lucky that my brother bought a ps4 but never even plays it.

go away sonynigger

My gpu isn't the issue when the game uses over 80% of my cpu even when paused.

considering my default strategy for fights is 'run away and throw kunai' i'm gonna go ahead and say either 'you're wrong' or 'get a dualshock 3, faggot. they work fine for that.'

Shamesless primary low stance and secondary mid stance dual sword fag here. Never use debuffs and only use elemental attacks against enemies with high defense because it feels like cheating and I like fighting my enemies raw. How do I git gud?

That's exclusively an Xbox controller problem.

throw kunai and run/sloth talismans+lightning debuff

I think I'll stick to brute forcing shit.

also, stop using shit weapons. you deal like no damage, i can trade with dual sword users all day

I love wearing heavy armor vs dual sword users, feels like the patter of rain

I find myself preferring the claw to any other monster hunter controls just because it was my first and I got so used to it
PSP still best handheld of all time

Why choose?

I notice that Way of the Strong starts with 3 regions unlocked. Is it necessary to beat the story missions on the first two regions to get to the next difficulty?

No, you just have to beat some of the missions in order to progress. Koei Tecmo relaxed the number needed a while ago too.

I keep getting summoned to the same guy on Masamune on a higher difficulty and it's pretty clear neither of us are strong enough to do it.

5th time in a row, I guess that's it for coop

Honestly, I could PROBABLY handle him on my own, but most of my damage would need to come from knockdown comboes in the brief window between LWs where he is vulnerable. The host doesn't comprehend that though so he wails on him for his piddly 100ish damage per hit causing him to block my 15k combo.

Well that skeleton was as disappointing as it was bigly

What is the worst boss? The Skellyman or the Centipede?

You just have to know the right gang signs to make him bounce.

First time I fought him I thought I had to kill both feet to knock him down, then I attacked the hands which were on the ground next to me. Not sure how you are supposed to kill him once you've killed both hands and both feet

Centipede easily. Even if Gash isn't that great of a boss the presentation of the fight and his entire stage was impressive. And you don't spend half the fight getting poisoned.

Shoot him in the head or in the crotch.
What you're really suppose to do is to attack his head every time he falls down after defeating a limb. The fight expects you to use LW since the battlefield is littered with those infinite amrita gauge portals.

Yeah I killed him easy enough once I figured out to attack ONE foot and then the head. If you don't know that though you can end up with him at like 50%+ health and no way to really damage him

So how do the twilight missions work exactly? I've been ignoring them because the ones that have been unlocking were missions that I particularly hated, but if the mission goes away am I no longer able to do it?

Nah, they will cycle in again, 2 per day.

That's the only reason I consider him to not be a (mechanically) good boss fight. He's not actually terrible though. If they just patched in regenerating target points for his feet and hands he would be fine.
The game doesn't really do supersized bosses that well. The best two are Ninetails and Umibozu. Ninetails was great and Umi is only frustrating because you can fall in the water if you're not careful.

I didnt have any problems with centipede since I knew how to cheese him but gashadokuro was an absolute pain in the ass along with that entire mission to kill em, fuck em.

Is there still a point in forging when 22+ stuff starts dropping? Soulmatching it this much seems pointless.

What are you talking about, x+22 gear?

Yes.

I recall there's a wrong way to fight him, a boring cheese way to fight him, and a right way. But I can't remember the right way.

But I like to go fast.
Be honest, how underage are you?

How in the name of shit do you fuck up this hard?

im 12 and what is this
Regular katana hits harder and gets more attacks (though fewer hits) per unit of time.

Kusarigama
Katana

Spear
Odachi
Axe

Dual Swords
Tonfas

By what metric?

I agree with your "god tier" so far, since I run sword/gama myself, but it's axe/odachi I would put in shit tier.

Dual swords are MUCH better at applying element status than singles

Tonfas are brutal against humans, their strong suit is impact and mobility, but poor tracking if the enemy is mobile himself.

Poor TTK and crowd control. They are good at shutting down one enemy for a prolonged period, provided you don't get shit on yourself by something else and that one enemy is susceptible to being shut down in the first place.

Well, at least I never have to worry about finding another Kodama, I fucking hate those things

Situations where you need crowd control are either best avoided or cheap bullshit if they can't anyway. But yes, tonfas are build from the ground up to be purely duel weapons with a narrow range of attacks.

Tell that to the double/triple boss fights

Are you implying they are not cheap challenges slapped together for easy endgame content?

It's still useful if you are trying to inherit something particular on a piece of equipment. And of course armor you forge from scratch has lower stat requirements.

Soulmatching gear at the same base level doesn't increase soul matching cost, and +levels carry over even as the base level increases. Forging something fresh from say 200+1 at the blacksmith up to 200+20 isn't really that bad.

Who could hate a kodama?

Someone who had to find 225 of the fuckers

yes but the guy using them is a tard scared of winning too much so he's relying on pure physical dps

Kodama sense exists for a reason user.

If I didn't have kodama sense I wouldn't have been ABLE to find them all. With it it was just incredibly tedious and frustrating.

Game had been running great with no crashes until just now when it crashed twice in a row on WotD Hundred Eyes. The real annoying part is that it didn't save my progress, so I have to kill the kellys for a third time now.

Versus mode is buggy and laggy as fuck

Got about a week before my refund window closes for a patch to come out because I've spent the last 2 days fucking with shit trying to get this game to not crash the moment I start it with no luck

I just won a couple of matches and gained dual swords I should not have gained yet. I think.
Are there pvp exclusive rewards?

I haven't actually tried the PVP, but I know that Anima stones are supposed to drop there. Otherwise they come from a few mission rewards. They are used to reforge your weapons with pvp-specific traits

Had to restart the mission, crash happened every time I got near the boss, either on the stairs up to him or at the start of the fight. Beat it on the restart, fortunately Hundred Eyes is one of the easiest bosses in the game, the 3x clone kelly before him is much harder.

Now onto way of the Wise. As it turns out, in order to unlock a difficulty level you only need to complete ANY 17 missions (including side missions) and then complete "the queens eyes". Alternatively, if you complete ALL the main missions on the previous difficulty, including the DLCs, then that will also count for your mission completion and you will just need to do "the queen's eyes" itself. I skipped Way of the Strong that way.

I'm guessing the people with 40m glory in the clan ranks cheated to get it? Unless there's some way to farm a crazy amount of it that only a few people know about/have access to, the next highest have under 1m.

God damn i love this game

So I tried the game and I like it.

Should I support this developer?
Is it only available thorough steam?

How the fuck am I even meant to choose?

Choose based on what bonuses you that will help you with what you are doing right now or that works with your equipment. You can change after 24 hours if you don t like what you have.

Good to know you can change it. Thanks, user.

Rate.

Damn these lion dual swords are ugly.

Need to use those locks/10

So it's gonna be like that, is it? Going to make it a pain in the ass to do what I want? Fine. I can play that game. You're not gonna stop me. You're just gonna slow me down.

Ok I beat Orochi and then the eyeball man

what now?

You can either complete the three DLCs or go to the next difficulty.

Finishing the 3 dlcs should automatically unlock eyeball man in the next difficulty, or else you need to beat 17 missions (not necessarily main ones) in that difficulty, and the process begins again.

how do I go into next difficulty?
is it just newgame+ where I gotta do all that shit again or can I just pick what I wanna do

I really dont wanna have to find all those little green men again

You just go to the country map and press the country map button again (press x/square twice). You start off being able to select from missions in the first 3 regions, and you can flip back and forth at any time.

Kodamas are once only

You don't. All shrines are already maxed.

I can't stress this enough. Main missions are long and tedious, and there are 5 difficulties to go through counting the start (samurai, strong, demon, wise, nioh). If you can handle it, you just do the easiest/fastest side-missions and then The Queen's Eyes to progress.

Its not all bad, you probably got some locks out of it too. Now that you realize it just do the missions that give locks of hair for your completion %.

Do you get locks from in-level loot in each difficulty, or only once? I haven't really looked.

In other news, the game used to be perfectly stable, now it's crashing fairly often ever since I ran into that glitch on Queen's Eyes WotD.

Only once, same as Kodamas.

Is there a limit to how many reset books you can get? I've reset about 3 times now to try different weapons.
I've mostly used sword and dual swords and now tonfas and kurasigama (plus ninjutsu). I'm thinking of trying something else or going back to dual swords though.

The price goes up each time you buy it, caps at 1m each

Why
At least pick a combination that isn't redundant m8

I reset every time I want a different jutsu, got to be optimized.

I'm Sword/Gama though

I have trouble settling on things.
Like what? I guess sword and dual sword is redunant, but tonfa and gama play different enough.

Yeah, I'm running tonfas for if they get close and gama while they're distant. They cover each other very well.

The stats which govern Tonfa and Kusarigama are not complementary. Both get nearly same defensive moveset focused on dodges despite Tonfa actually being better suited for blocking. The only place the Tonfa beats the Kusarigama is in terms of Ki damage which isn't that useful because you could just stunlock and kill enemies with the gama in the time it takes you to deplete the enemy's Ki assuming the enemy in question actually is affected by Ki depletion.

In the end its all min max bullshit because you can beat the game with no Samurai point investment and minimal stat investment but considering you respecced thrice already you care about minmax bullshit.

You do realize that the gamas are even better in close range right?

I built myself for gama first and tonfa as a backup, but found myself mostly using the tonfas. They're super fun for rushing down enemies and keeping a combo up, which is how I mostly played dual swords.
I'm wondering if axe or odachi are any good. Being able to combo into different stances with the odachi seems pretty interesting.

But I don't, I just wanted to try out different weapons and see what they're like. I'm still clueless as to which stat is best for what or which weapon combinations work well together.

If you could actually follow up the stance change attack with attacks from the new stance in the same string it would be amazing. As it is it's 100% pointless because you are forced to have dead time anyway and could just manually change stances then. In fact if you change during your ki burst you even get some bonus ki back that way, which doesn't happen when you use a stance changing move.

Which weapon are you talking about?
You can absolutely do that with the odachi. It even preserves your Ki pulse.