My HDD died while I was finishing Fallout 1, I was right after entering the Mariposa Military Base...

My HDD died while I was finishing Fallout 1, I was right after entering the Mariposa Military Base. I lost all my progress, and I'm quite pissed about it.

Just wondering if anyone here has a save file close to where I was and is willing to share it so that I don't need to start all over. I'd really appreciate that.

Also old Fallout thread I guess?

Other urls found in this thread:

fallout-speedrun.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_1_any%_Speedrun_Guide
mega.nz/#!st0QgKzC!PYhPowoAhkrDWs4ReJeEKA3mAVhaCBNDZQgLlI0fdnQ
archive.fo/B83Ov
howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The game takes like an hour to beat if you know where to go, surely you can just chug through it.

I'm really bad at it, I'm really bad at CRPGs in general and played Fallout 1 exclusively because I really like Fallout New Vegas

Took me like 10 hours to get there

user you can't be bad at CRPGs, there is no player skill involved. Just follow this step-by-step guide and you'll be right back where you were in no time. fallout-speedrun.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_1_any%_Speedrun_Guide

there's a save editor (use google), maybe you can use it and edit flags to get there

but I'm a proponent of replaying it again and using a different approach/different choices this time, it's a CRPG after all

HDDs don't just die, you either dropped the computer or you failed to notice it's deterioration.
Either way I sit here smugly at you.

The thing went from working to not working in one day. Never had problems, never dropped it.
HDDs just die.

It wouldn't be the same. Wait a couple of months and do it again.

Just play it again
You can rush to that point in a few hours at most

Play Fallout 2 then come back to 1 when it isn't so fresh in your mind. It will be less of a monotonous chug then.

burrrrr durrr

He's right though.

The closest I have is one that has just become an initiate at the brotherhood and has both the military base and the cathedral left.
Here it is if you want it anyways mega.nz/#!st0QgKzC!PYhPowoAhkrDWs4ReJeEKA3mAVhaCBNDZQgLlI0fdnQ

Its with fallout fixt installed.

topkek

Old Fallout games are extremely dependent on dice rolling. It's so fucked up tbh.

Did you put much effort into retriving stuff off it? Plug it into a working computer, etc?

You being bad at the game doesn't mean the game is at fault.

Fallout is a piss-easy game with severe lack of content. You'll get back there in no time, if you can tolerate the shitty controls, shallow mechanics, and excess of bugs again. Here, you can finish the game in about 15 minutes with this character.

Holy shit, OP, same here. I just got the water chip and went to the vault. Mid way my computer shat the bed and the HDD was fried like a chicken. This can't be a coincidence.

I tried plugging into another PC, I tried using recovery software, I even brought it to a repair shop once it didn't work.
I had some really important stuff on it and I got absolutely fucked because I didn't back it up.

I love you user

I don't think it was Fallout's fault, I'm just an unlucky bastard.
Should've played the Steam version with cloud saves, but noooo, had use the DRM free version because it's better

Well nevermind I guess fuck

First question; what is your make and model of HDD?

Second; have you tried placing it upside-down in a freezer for 24 hours, before plugging into a PC (still upside-down) and trying to extract the data?

I admit this sounds silly, but I've been able to recover data from no less than two failing HDDs with this method. It's not a miracle cure-all, I admit, but worth a try. A common cause of HDD failures is a head-crash, which this method attempts to circumvent.

Honestly this was a few months ago, I threw it away long ago.
From what the repair place told me, it seems like the thing didn't only break down, but it also formatted itself as if it were getting ready to install a completely different OS. Multiple times.

Shit.

A great mentor of mine once said, "Computers only do what you tell them to". Unfortunately, without knowing exactly what happened, I can't diagnose further than that. I have several theories, but they are, of course, useless at this point.

Good luck on your next playthrough!

Hello Holla Forums

As always, OP sucks the cock

someone makeapp this

Dunno Fallout 1 is alright, but there's not that many options for different outcomes outside of very few missions

archive.fo/B83Ov

I bet you have over 100 hours in Skyrim.

Just replay it you faggot

Just replay it with different story/dialog choices. Unless you decide to grind money for hours on caravans like me, you'll chug right through it.

Which family did you back in New Reno, Holla Forums?

BETHESDA MADE THE RADIATION SHOUTING MEME REAL
I was watching a Fallout 4 review that revealed that radiation gave one of the boss ghouls literal magic powers. Look out for radiation shouting in Fallout 5, it's happening.

You've never had the pleasure of using a Maxtor, I see

Not sure if it was found but linux is known for good deeds like this howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

Also try cheat engine for fallout, it's great

No, he's not.

We're discussing the old Fallouts in general, user, and I wanted to contribute to discussion.

But all you wanted to do was post shitty reaction images.

I was running Fallout 2 on Linux via WINE, with the Restoration Project Mod, and everything runs quite smoothly until I go to Klamath, where instead of the town, it's just a black void where your character just runs not being able to get out. Has anything like that happened to you, and if so, how did you fix it?

Vast improvement over many FO2 locations tbh

Uh weird user, I play it on my potato xp tower.

Never happened to me. Worst that happened to me at that town is the game crashed, but never happened when I don't max out stats with cheat engine

Lol the new creation club patch broke the game engine on xbox one