Chris Avellone Hints Towards Fallout With Obsidian Management

So during a twitter convo Avellone hinted at the burnt bridges between him and his fellow founding members of Obsidian Entertainment. How long before he breaks his NDA and lets something big slip?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/UoiiM
facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155272035373579&set=a.429919713578.215215.660898578&type=3
archive.is/iDRhK
archive.is/yaIzL
twitter.com/AnonBabble

And the rest.

Mandatory trannies confirmed?

HATE LEGION
For real though I wouldn't hold my breath on this being any good.

New vegas was just a tech demo for the faction system.

Agreed. It seems like there's some serious bad blood between them and hurts any prospects for the original creators of fallout ever getting together again to make a sequel to New Vegas.

At least nepotism if nothing else.

You were just a tech demo for the faggot system.

as if that's anything new for Fallout

The original creator is Chris Taylor who wandered off to work on entirely different things. Obshitian fucks worked only on FO2's writing and they fucked it up so badly that Taylor said they completely butchered the series.

The faggots couldn't contain themselves shoehorning every pop cult reference possible in, may about as well be proto-memelands.

Too bad they turned into SJWs

No thanks

You know it.

you have to be 18+ to post here underagefag

(checked)

This is all very vague, OP. What could it actually mean regarding vidya? Obsidian hasn't done anything really good in a while, and we know they aren't going to get another shot at a Fallout game; so what?

This has been obvious since the moment Bethesda Softworks (or was it Zenimax?) cut development time for New Vegas. Bethesda owns the Fallout copyright now, meaning that the only way another group of people could make a sequel is by contracting, as was the case with New Vegas. However, since New Vegas' release, the number of contracted developers Bethesda has published for has come to a big fat zero. It seems apparent that the management at Bethesda/Zenimax desired to in-house all of their projects, effectively monopolising on various franchises and even large chunks of certain genres in the Western market. In effect, this means that if there is a Fallout 5 (God forbid) it will come from the people at Bethesda Game Studios; not those who understand RPGs or the essence of the Fallout franchise, only the uncreative drones who have been modding the same engine and game since 2002.

I hope not, it's not like they'd make a good game.
Avellone is asshurt about humanity not being niggers after 200 years since the war, and won't be allowed a prequel.
As evidenced by Tranny and Pillars of Eternity Obsidian doesn't really have much talent left on the team.

They have gone too far and built entire game out of it. Just compare the Glow and Sierra Army Depot. The lead designer of FO2 is Feargus Urquhart, the CEO of Obshitian. Just look what he claims to be his biggest accomplishment in FO1, pure memes:

archive.is/UoiiM

What happened to this?
facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155272035373579&set=a.429919713578.215215.660898578&type=3

What if the conflict was because Avellone is going to Bethesda?

Also fuck obsidian games, the last good one they made was NV and that was only because they already had the foundation and wore limited by voice acting so they couldn't cram in their pointless, boring walls of text into it. I quit PoE near the end because I was fuckig sick of reading, and I uninstalled Numanuma within the first hour after I spent 40 minutes standing in one room talking to two NPC about background lore. It's a fucking video game, not a book, show me don't tell me

Why are you playing isometric rpgs if you don't like them? Go play diablolikes.

Absolutely none of this contains even the shadow of a hint about anything regarding Fallout. Kill yourself.

Also, Avellone isn't at Obsidian anymore, and hasn't been for a while.

Got to leave before those sex allegations start coming in.

would be pottery if true

Fallout New Orleans confirmed?

Try reading the statement again and this time attempt to not read it as what you want it to be but rather what it is. I'll give you a hint, the fallout OP mentioned in the title isn't a franchise.

Go back to the Codex.

Yeah, fuck that.

Go back to neofag. oh wait

Daily reminder that most devs behind New Vegas already left long ago.

And the ones who didn't leave probably got fired since then for being white fucking males.

Super Mutants don't have dicks

Nah

they do have dicks, user, and they can impregnate girls.

Just looked it up your right. They do lose their secondary sexual characteristics not sex organs

They cannot, they become sterile; but they can still have fun… if they still WANT to have fun.

Isn't obsidian developing the new world of darkness game, the werewolf one?

Their gametes are regenerated by the FEV because having half their DNA is considered damage. They still tried to have sex. Have none of you played Fallout 1?

Good point. That's definitely possible. Though the argument was in reference to on the spot NDAs if he wanted the money they owed him.

I dont care if its filled with trannies i just want it to be loved more than fallout 4 so todd will blow his shitty brains out

Taylor still works with Obsidian I think. I know he was involved in Pillars of Eternity.

Fucking flag

So the absolutely worst things? Who wanted this?

That is deader than dead, stop living under a rock.

Avellone should kill himself

Are they still mad that if you're female in fo3 and tell amara you were dreaming of her she says "gross"

Whats wrong with codex?

me, everything would be better than fallout with Bethesda management

They called him a casual.

*upvotes brofists this post*

He left after FO1, worked on Tactics and sometime later he joined the reformed Black Isle to work on Fallout MMO until they got shafted by Beth. In 2012-13 they supposedly rebooted the MMO as project V13. The Pillars of Eternity he worked on is a tabletop version, he's the system and mechanics type of guy. He's not credited in the PC game, not even in special thanks section. The whole split between Obshitian and Inxile/Black Isle happened precisely because Taylor and Boyarsky couldn't stand the future Obshitian chucklefucks.

It's mildly gay but likes have existed since forever on forums.

wew

What is it about game development that attracts such talentless hacks to the medium?

two words:
namefag forum

i agree, forums are cancerous.
But i would say that codex is one of the least cancerous forums about vidya/rpgs

Just in case anyone starts defending that faggot.

The prospect of getting paid for shitting out weak memes and becoming famous in the process. These days it's easier, they no longer need to find a studio and prebaked franchise to ruin, they can just become youtubers.

I like namefagging because it allows me to hide the shitposters who never contribute anything to threads outside of their weeb circlejerk. Your name will also have some sort of reputation of being a good or bad poster, which means it has a lot less shitposting, generally.

To be fair he played the game again on stream a while back and he had a lot more positive opinions.

Not only is Razorfist jewish, but he's in a homosexual relationship with etalyx.

I don't even know how that site entered the conversation when I got these from twitter.

I thought that was dead as well after adblock and youtube's changes to the way they monitise videos.

then you're most definitely posting in the wrong place
>>>/reddit/
>>>/anywherebuthere/

Hes already said the game is one of his favorites after seeing how much of a shit taste faggot he was and after ditching consoles completely.

There's actually only around 100 or so of us that actually post. The rest are just lurkers. Be careful of what you meme user, mark is impressionable.

>>>/cuckchan/

100 is a bit generous,more liek the same 10 people :^)

ftfy

>>>Holla Forums

In fallout 2 you can become a super mutants gimp.

I think forums and imageboards occupy different portions my internet usage and from the years I've been here + formerly halfchan there's just too much shitposting which especially saw an increase with the election and the Holla Forums and Holla Forums "war" leaking into other boards, this included. I also hate how short thread lifespans are since less discussed games can't live long enough to see any reasonable amount of discussion, and how general threads + not vidya garbage like learning jap are here instead of their own board or /vg/

Go away

You mean he backpedaled after people called him a shit-taste faggot.

*tip*

He still is one

He has some above average taste though

Fair enough

Are we finally going to get Fallout: Anchorage or Fallout: Canada?

Tides of Numenera was made by inXile, not Obsidian.

He likes Thief and Splinter Cell, that's about all he has going for him. He still liked DAI, I know that much.

He bases his reviews on the fanbase of the games/devs rather the games themselves. It is easy trick to feign having taste.

He didn't play FO:NV enough to know that you can talk to NPCs.

Nah.

I remember being annoyed he didn't know about the obvious signs warning you of dangerous deathclaws and other critters several people tell you about. Makes me wonder if he even bothered talking to the people in goodsprings his first time playing. And he claims none of the npcs say goodbyes despite the majority seeming to have unique dialogue for goodbyes.

He probably tried to talk to Doc Mitchell directly after the character creation and assume that conversations were a event exclusive thing. Or he didn't play the fucking game like Catherine.

Isn't Avellone the talented but blue pilled guy who went back and edited out some crude humor and little bits of dialogue in the Planescape Torment Enhanced Edition under the guise of fixes?

I don't think Avellone was involved in the Enhanced edition of anything. He wrote Fallout New Vegas and all of the good stuff in Pillars of Eternity even though most of it got cut out for not being PC enough

He has some blue pill personal beliefs, but for the most part he's never let it color his writing and is generally considered one of the better RPG writers/designers in the industry.

No dialogue was changed. Only typo's got fixed.

dude what the fuck is with this NDAs that get you fucked so hard? if something is against your rights it doesn't matter if you sign it or you don't, it's a null deal non binding. Sign it, get your money, rip it apart and give no fucks, if they own you they own you, there's no bargain to be had. He should disclose the whole deal instead of vaguely being passive aggressive, say something or don't say anything, fucking twitter.

Yeah I'm good.

Assuming those are hours played, wouldn't 30 hours or 20 hours be an acceptable amount of time to accurately review a game, especially something like blackops which campaign can be beaten in 7-8 hours?
He does seem like a bit of a normalfag.

IIRC he is pretty bluepilled but he makes sure not to let it color his writing. I think he's also the one who wrote that kreia got raped by scion.

Right, then all his future employers know "this guy doesn't respect NDAs, and badmouths his employers". A bit of a dangerous decision as a writer/dev in the vidya industry.

Those aren't hours played, they're total points earned from achievements. If you put twenty/thirty hours into a game you're bound to have more than three/four achievements unlocked/thirty points total. He plays them for an hour or two, maybe, and then quits.

I get you but hear me out
If you're acting according to law to ditch an invalid NDA then it's your right to not respect that specific document (not saying "fuck every single NDA").
He's already badmouthing someone, albeit very vaguely. That personally pisses me off, either do it or don't.

Writers in video games don't have a syndicate do they?

I read somewhere not long after release that some dialogue with Morte was different in the Enhanced Edition, but I didn't want to buy the game to find out for sure since I'm perfectly fine with my modded copy of the game (and Beamdog doesn't deserve our money).

Dr. House would make an interesting concept for a video game character, but there aren't any devs out there talented enough to not fuck it up.

From my experience the company or party that makes you enter into to any signed agreement especially and NDA is in the right to sue you if you disclose any information that does or could do damage to the company. In effect when you sign the agreement you are waving any rights you may have otherwise. But Chris is right in that they have control over what you say in regards to whatever agreement you have. My own experience with translating, I had a project picked up by a well known localizer and they paid us, took our work and effectively shut us up with an NDA and then they not only own the rights to our work but also effectively put a gag on us, keeping us from ever discussing the details publicly.

At least we have Fallout 1.5, Fallout of Nevada. New Vegas and the Frontier look good as well, though they're made by Westerners so there is always a chance they'll fuck it up.

They were always SJWs retard, they live in California for fucks sake

there's always Theme Hospital

you're a special kind of retard

But user, Chris Avellone puts SJW shit in everything he writes for. It can't have been Obsidian who made him do that if he keeps doing it everywhere else on his own accord. It wasn't more than a few months ago he was on Reddit telling people that he plans to make the new Pathfinder game as gay and trans inclusive as possible.

The Pathfinder game is going to reach such heights of pozz that even BioWare never could.

Agreed and those are respectable terms, however this is not the same case
They owe him money, and want to make him sign an NDA to get it, right? Now, i'm not that familiar with common law but, following comparative law, if this is a legit case of coerce (he could be telling half the story) then that contract is null and nonbinding, you can't force someone who already earned a right to have something to do something else to get it.

Maybe i'm reading those tweets wrong and i'm a dumbfuck

Good job, user.

He likes X-Wing, Tribes and Battletech nigger

H-hes better now even if still a faggot

Sometimes a little purple prose is good if you really want to paint a picture, and that particular instance isn't too egregious.

Still, if you're making a videogame, it'd be much more effective to just have that be a little cutscene rather than a blurb of text.

Obsidian does it on its own. They don't need to make anyone do it either.

There was this certain brilliant game called Doom. You are a spess mehreen, you shoot demons from hell with guns. The End.

Also another game called Resident Evil. You are shit out of luck cops trapped in mansion with zombies, found secret lab owned by shady pharmacy company, you blow up the mansion and survive. The End.

If want to talk story-rich genres like RPG. There is a game series called Final Fantasy. Generally it is you have something to do and got roped into saving the world, make some new friends, adventure with them while enjoying the camaraderie and grow as a person. The End.

Remember Fallout? Remember how the game was about your choices in a strange land? Remember how the villain wasn't a shitty caricature but a misguided idealist trying to fix a broken world? I fucking despise leftists and liberals with every fiber of my being. I want them dead just so they can finally shut the fuck up.

Or an actually interactive environment rather than a backdrop filled with bipedal wikipedia articles.

A genuinely despicable and evil villain would be a legitimate breath of fresh air. Most attempts to make the bad guy relateable come off as shitty attempts at literary depth that are, in actuality, just them slapping on some stock excuses for their actions.

Clearly a commentary on the capitalist war machine, when MEN run out of other MEN to take their aggression out on, they will instead turn their destructive wills to things that do not exist HA HA LIKE HELL IS REAL FUCKING ATHEISM + IS THE WAY OF THE FUTURE

Clearly a commentary on capitalist uprisings, how the zombified masses of consumerists will one day rise up and literally devour the proletariat power structure.

Truly a masterwork of communist ideals. Banding together with a group of misfits to violently overthrow a metaphorical creation of the monster/villain of capitalism, or religious corruption.

I laugh at your ignorance, sir. Truly you know nothing of the arts.

*Tips fedora and walks away, scoffing at you*

House's charming traits and how someone could fuck it up in a game
They would make him into a school ground bully who spews a random joke or two
They could either turn him into a "le ecksdhee im so raaaaaandom" faggot or straight neurotic
Insert pandering heartthrob political reference or fedora tipping niceguy

You, me, everybody; even the normalfags are starting to getting pissed.

Make the villain Marx. The real, historical Marx, not the whitewashed creature Holla Forums likes to parade around. He was disgusting even by Jewish standards.

You might be right, but it's probably more of them trying to cover their asses and get him in their pocket so it doesn't effect their ability to make money than anything else.

I hate liberals as much as anybody else here, but if someone makes good art I'm not to disregard talent or beauty because I can't seperate the art from political opinions.

Why should i care about this cucked out sjw hack that hasn't been relevant in decades and is a meme among hipsters?

For the left there is no separation. Art is just another method to push their ideology. That's why all leftists need to be exterminated.

Sauce?

The problem is when their politics get shoved into their art, turning it into fucking shit.

Literally fucking this.

The problem is, the increasingly cultish turn of the left has made said shoving inevitable. They must declare to the skies their fervor for their Blue Church, in all their deeds. Avellone, unfortunately, has fallen into the allure of such public preaching. I used to respect his work, and I still like the old stuff, but shows that his head is full of buzzwords now.

Basically he wants a perpetual state of apocalypse and some kind of disaster resetting any progress the various human factions could make: archive.is/iDRhK

It's a shitty approach. Why continue writing fanfic about what happens 250-300 years after the war when they could simply switch over to another region and deal with the first few decades after nukes fell. Mexicali and its Nevada extension are overused.

They should depict a midwest struggling to survive in the snowy, irradiated enviroments tbh

Because when I think of the words "post-apocalypse" I think "more apocalypses".

Hence the inclusion of the Tunnelers in Lonesome Road.

Bethesda/Zenimax are not going to get my money until they change their abhorrent business practices. I don't care who they chain in to develop whatever game. This company is a no-buy.

O-oh. That's bad.

Dunno how his mini meltdown will effect future employment opportunities as even that seemed a risk to do, but he's definitely salty about it. It sounds like they really fucked him over. Probably made worse because he was one of the founding members. I don't think devs of any kind have anything near a syndicate or union

Just remember to call him a faggot when he acts like one, that's all.

He has a point about the 200+ years timeline being too civilized though. The moment the major factions already sorted out their internal struggles and turned to expansionism and multi-state merchant monopolies, you know it goes beyond post-apocalypse. The solution to this is simply dropping their sims tier writing that cashes in on FO2 nostalgia and moving on. Avellone admitted that they just keep on writing more FO2 fanfic because it offers them a premade setting and endless possibilities in terms of ebin references to previous game places and people: archive.is/yaIzL

who don't pose any tangible threat because they're afraid of loud noises and flashes
Now what is vegas and Mojave famous for…
3 Major power plants, house's private reactor, Helios One, and Hoover Dam
all of them can be assumed to be operating at sufficient level with a surplus large enough to turn every foot of sewer system into a 24 hour disco with loud bangs and seizure-inducing flashing lights
RIP tunneler threat.

that will only happen in 30 years' time, when Skyrim Enhanced GOTY Special Edition Full Sensory VR is ported to the new nintendo kashograbu xxxl, and he'll do it with the Official Skyrim Dwemer Crossbow and have tthe Official Skyrim Nord Funeral Boat Pyre

I actually managed to get a response from him in his comments section, and I can confirm that he's still asshurt to this day.

All they need to do is pick a different part of the world. Could be before, after, or during Fallout 2 depending on how they wanna go with it. It's not like anybody wants them to do some bullshit like become 'evolved writers' and 'explore the depths of fallouts world'.

Bethesda doesn't allow prequels, their fanbase struggles with comprehending the concept.

A prequel would mean earlier point in established regional story. Setting the game in any place that Beth doesn't plan on touching and around the same time as FO1 is just a spinoff. But Beth dug themselves into the ground with this, by forcing FO2 references in FO3-4. Every game could be perfectly self-contained, much like Morrowind and Oblivion which are focused entirely on their respective provinces and happen in 5 years span or so; they're practically parallel stories.

At least now bethesda redoes every IP they cannibalize like Wolfenstein or Prey (^:

Could do a tongue-in-cheek game set in Australia. It practically writes itself, those vehicle sections.

But we already have that Mad Max game.

From what I've read, heard and seen, plus my own emails with Avellone, Obsidian is utterly fucked.
He was their best writer, and the best one in the industry.
Apart from the stuff that is mentioned in the tweets (incompetent/irrational management, owed money, attempts to silence him with NDAs, HR being married to the owner and fucking everything up) they were also fucking him creatively.

In Pillars of Eternity he wrote the only two interesting characters (Durance, and Grieving Mother, the latter was cut to shit) and had a large amount of writing done for them. But the other writers and their characters had much less stuff writing, so Avellone's stuff got cut to shit.
He either tweeted or posted to facebook something like "at some point, you become sick and tired seeing everything you do sabotaged" which was a few months before he left.

From my own emails with him he was very reasonable, also said that other larger names jumped Obsidian's ship over a year ago.

The guy is apolitical and has shown no sign of being a SJW at all.

Well, lately he's been bouncing between the Divinity guys and inXile. Hopefully, inXile actually pulls through with that Van Buren game, seeing as Wasteland 2 was great for the first half, and not completely awful for the second half.

How fucking clueless can you be?

Wasteland 2 was shit, the sequel will be even worse. Also, did you forget these are the hacks that gave us Torment? No matter how shit PoE and Tyranny were, they pale in comparison to the utter shitshow Torment is. I'm going to replay Fallout Tactics, fuck inXile.

There was a split between inXile and Black Isle. Black Isle is where Chris Taylor and Mark O'Green went to work on project V13 (it's not Van Buren, it has nothing to do with Sawyer's cringeworthy fanfic). inXile is Brian Fargo's attempt at creating another publishing company, he managed to get Mark Morgan and Avellone to work with them. Fargo wasn't on the dev team of original Fallout, he's just the publishing jew. He's what Altman is to Bethesda.

When will this lie die? Avellone wrote two characters in New Vegas. He was not the lead writer or even one of the main writers.

Technically that is still only 2 Characters in the base game. And if he actually wrote everyone in Dead Money then he's lost even more credibility

Yes, he wrote the add-ons, not the damn main game.

Dead Money dialogue was great, faggot

You can say it's not as great as the other DLC's, that's fine, up to personal taste.
But you can't fucking say it was bad.

Dead Money actually uses one of the very thematic cores of Fallout: what happens when people won't let go of the past.
All 3 characters that join you have shit they don't want to let go off and it nearly kills them.
In fact, it straight up kills them if you get the bad ending, because they DON'T let go.
On the good ending, they realize that what's gone is gone, can't change, gotta look ahead and they survive.
Elijah is a fucking idiot who refuses to let go of the past and dies a pathetic death.
And there's even a spot for the player. Those gold bars aren't there for show, the devs knew people would hover their mouse on them, see the caps value and immediately spend 30 seconds trying to cram them all on their inventories before being blown up. Or, you could let go of it. And survive.
Yeah, you can glitch it and keep them, but that's not the intended way to play.

The whole world in Fallout revisits this concept a lot. The worst parts of the Brotherhood are the fact that they can't let go of past glories.
The Enclave can't let go of the old government, Vault raiders can't let go of the amazing tech they'd find in there.
The Legion can't let go.
NCR can't let go.
House technically can, and does, it makes him a very weird character.

There's more core themes for fallout, I'm not gonna write up an autistic wall of text, but consider the other DLC's:
Joshua Graham couldn't let go of his revenge.
Big Mountain couldn't let go of the past.
Ulysses couldn't let go of his grudges and the nukes.

Maybe the other DLC's tacked on the issue better, but Dead Money was fucking great at what it did.
Now if we're talking about gameplay, agreed, the beeping speaker shit was awfull and saving Dean is so fucking counter intuitive.

That's expensive as fuck to do. It's why video games have bloated budgets now. Everyone wants to pull off some hollywood shit.

Sure I can. From a gameplay standpoint it is dogshit. The Dialogue is serviceable, but if Avellone was in charge of all of it, it's almost surprising how low quality it all ends up being.
Yeah, that's fine and all, but the delivery was underwhelming and ultimately poor. The overall concept can be amazing, but if it's poorly put together, it won't be worth spit. If anything, it bothers me more at how poorly put together it is given how good of a concept Avellone had to work with.

The gameplay was great too. Are you one of those retards that keeps dying to the radios? One of the few puzzle mechanics that I enjoy.

Todd isn't going to give a fuck. He's a glorified salesman at this point, and so long as it sells, he'll get paid. Though it could inspire Emil Fagliarulo to suck on a tailpipe

The Ghost People are supposed to be a constant threat on the streets. You're moving through their territory whenever you're outside.
Holograms have plenty of thought put into their placement. They're supposed to be inconvenient, so you have to think about how to move through the casino instead of just blasting on anything you see.

They are still retarded, and their placement also retarded. They are shitty, almost lazily made enemies, and their one gimmick of reviving unless you rip their limbs off is so easy to get around that it might as well not exist; it also makes Dog's perk pointless.
No they don't, it barely scratches the surface in terms of proper pathing. Their invulnerability,rather than their placement, forces you to sneak around, a shitty design choice since the consequences for not being able to sneak are so high that you have to make it so that even people who put almost no points into Sneak can still do so. And then they flip that around anyways when the Casino gets flooded with Ghost people, who are, again, shitty enemies that require no thought to fight and have nothing interesting about them. You could replace them, the main enemy, with feral ghouls and it'd really have no impact on the story or the gameplay.

Fuck off gundum

Ghost people move in an unusual way, use ranged and explosive attacks, are hard to pick off without taking on the whole group, are too slow to chase you if you know where you're going, are unique to Dead Money, have appearance and sounds that set the tone for the area, and are directly tied into the story of why the Sierra Madre is the way it is.

You can't be stupid enough to actually think feral ghouls could fill the same role. You're just throwing out whatever complaint you can think of.

Funny walk animation x d!
Just like most enemies in the game. How innovative.
Just like most enemies in the game. How innovative.
Just like most enemies in the game. How innovative. Then again there's no reason to run away since they are piss easy.
This has nothing to do with them being a good or shitty enemy; Tunnelers are a shitty enemy in design and concept, them being 'unique' to lonesome road does not make them good.
They just have unique animations and sounds, like a certain enemy I mentioned before. This does not help them stop being a shitty enemy regardless.
Not really. They're not very well explained, and while unexplained enemies can be done well, these aren't, at all. They're just filling the role of the standard enemy; or rather, the only enemy, and they do so poorly.
There is absolutely nothing stupid about it. If anything, Ghouls would fulfill the role and do even better, all you'd need to do is add a variety of ghoul that can chuck spears and gas bombs, and that's literally it. It'd probably end up being more challenging, possibly even necessitating that the player Git Gud at either fighting or fleeing, since the Ghouls have better stats.
And it's working since you've addressed less and less of what I've said with each new post.

Sierra Madre is basically a dungeon run and it's a nice break from the main game. I'm not quite sure what you mean by linear dialogue, there's a lot of skill checks in it. The Ghost people spawns are fine. Sometimes they guard loot spots and they even sometimes spawn to ambush you

Why would feral ghouls suddenly wield weapons? and what's a " good" enemy in New Vegas to you any way?

You don't know anything about the game, and you're just posting bullshit for attention. We get it, you hate Dead Money and you're angry at the world because you played a game you didn't like. Get over it.

No.

what is wrong with dead money? i liked it.

It's a bad dungeon run, though. I never complained about having an open world; I complained about linearity.
Haha, no. Ulysses and Lanius are examples of Avellone's writing skills shining through, Dean, Christine, and Elijah are not. And even then Ulysses is still a shoehorned character.
Except they don't ambush you, and all of their spawns are such that you can easily, thoughtlessly obliterate them. They set up no ambushes, lead you into no traps, they don't take advantage of the cover of the Cloud, or just natural terrain, and so on, they will always charge forward mindlessly so they can be blown away with ease. And that is because they are a shit, easy to defeat enemy, existing for no purpose other than being an enemy.

Prolonged Exposure The Cloud caused them to mutate; or they were a new breed of Ghoul; Like the Marked Men from Lonesome Road (Oh hey Avellone!).
Rather than name all of them I'll just tell you the two most iconic; Death Claws and Cazadors.

More than you, faggot.
Not an argument. I understand that someone criticizing your favorite DLC hurts your feelings user, but that doesn't make you right, it just makes you a faggot.

I could go on and on. Don't get me wrong, it's fine to dare I say, enjoy it, but it's really poorly put together compared to any of the other DLCs, and the potential it had makes that even worse.

Dean was a great character.

I'd argue this isn't a bad thing, but I can't prove it to you.
What I once did, both in F3 and NV was a "The Professional" run. I was inspired by the perk to play it like this:
Pretty much procurement-on-site stuff, a cross between Metal Gear and Hitman if you will.
I did it as challenge and it ended up being funny as fuck because you can't optimize yourself to deal a bajjillion damage at everything.
Dead Money puts you in a similar situation: start your character from scratch (temporarily) and procure gear to beat it.

Honest Hearts did it too in a more lightweight way since you could bring some stuff with you and you had to pick what (and even got some dialogue options to increase that limit).

Yes, but no.
He has the makings of a great character, he's got the traits of it, but Avellone for some reason wrote him like a fucking moron, what with Dean's first encounter having him threaten to blow your head off, despite him knowing that your Collar and his are linked together and that your death will be his death. You'd think someone who had waited over 200 years to pull off the Sierra Madre's heist would be a little more cautious, but nah. His character lacks consistency, but that seems to be common with alot of the shit Avellone does.

I'd agree in certain circumstances, but like alot of things that aren't innately bad or are even a cool idea on paper, Dead Money fucked it up.
Also

Too bad that procuring gear is easy. It's not hard to acquire all the shit you need to easily beat the Ghost People, and you start with plenty from the get-go. I think it might've worked better if you actually had no gear handed to you whatsoever and the map was designed so that weapons and ammo were extremely scarce, rather than extremely common. Honest Hearts's weight limit actually made some sense, and most importantly, let you choose what you were going to keep. It also had plenty of weapons in itself rather than a few shitty ones, unlike Dead Money, and the enemies weren't dogshit either.

You're misremembering things. Yes, Dean knew that the collar explodes but what he didn't know was that Elijah had linked the collars in such a way that if one of them dies they all die. Elijah got tired of his prisoners killing each other.

They are thematically tied to the Sierra Madre though the same way the marked men are thematically tied to lonesome road. Having just plain feral ghouls with guns there exhibits a distinct lack of imagination.
maybe the difference in our experience regarding the enemy difficulty is due to the player level and mods installed. I only ever played NV with Sawyer's mod which drastically limits the max level to 35 and I tend to hit Sierra Madre early.
I'll chalk up our difference in opinion on this and on the dialogue to us having wildly different tastes and preferences your taste is shit btw

It's also mentioned on one of the computers that the brotherhood girl killed anyone who tried to talk to her, Dean considered all previous "partners" morons and killed them and Dog/God just ripped them apart.
Eventually, each went their separate ways and accomplished nothing. Elijah changed the collars to explode together after your character enters the area.

Dean isn't as smart as he he thinks/appears to be. There's a few skill checks where, with enough skill ranks on your part, you can actually know MORE than he does.
And that actually upsets him. A lot.
I think it was 3 sucesfull skill checks and he decides to kill you in the end.
He was a great character because of that. He was flawed and they used the game's mechanics (skill checks) to characterize him.
The mute wasn't has interesting, though it fleshs out her character in Big Mountain.
Dog/God was kinda meh except for his bad ending where he strangles himself.

Also, the cloud, the suits and a lot of other crap are very neatly explained in Big Mountain along with a bunch of terminals in Sierra Madre.

Fallout Texas confirmed?

Ahh, I was wrong then. My bad, dean still does some stupid shit but my poor memory must have just amplified that.

Not really. Their uniforms aren't even related to sierra madre, how they came to be also isn't related to the sierra madre. It is vaguely explained as Big Mountain's fault and that's it. They are, and function as, the generic area enemy, and because of that they are shit.
That's 100% Irrelevant to me. With modifications you could make the Ghost People good enemies, much like how modifying the base game can fix weapon mods and how they function. But, purely from a vanilla standpoint, the Ghost people are incredibly weak, their gimmick doesn't matter, and their placement is thoughtless, which is saying alot considering the Sierra Madre is mostly just shitty corridors.
I won't, I'll maintain that it's shit because it's linear, the dialogue is mostly shit, the enemies are stupid easy/boring, and the loot is worthless.

Seems oddly coincidental, and more of an artifact of poor story telling, but I'll buy it, it's not that big of a deal.

Yeah, I know. If you trigger him even once he will decide to kill you at the end of the game. Not three times, but just once.
They didn't, though. You can hurt his ego by telling him a variety of things, and some of your skill checks won't cause him to get upset at all. I will agree that Christine was shit, especially since her entire existence is a shitty reference that ends up not mattering, same with Elijahs really. Dog/God was the best though, no idea what you mean. His endings are by far the best, with more than just 2 Outcomes, and to add on to that he is basically 2 characters in one. Best companion. Just sucks that his perk is useless

I'd say very poorly. Having to justify your shit is one thing, but the justifications for the Cloud and the suits the Ghost people wear are just fucking stupid. Avellone would've been better off leaving it completely unexplained, rather than half assing it.

You're actually wrong there. Big MT sent over some of those shitty hazmat suits to the Sierra Madre for testing, after they gassed a construction worker in another experiment. The cloud that mutated them itself is a bigMT experiment.

Yes, I'm aware, and that's a really stupid idea. It's shoehorned in for almost no reason after the fact to justify the design of the Ghost People. And for some reason every ghost nigger has one too. Like I said, rather than try to excuse and explain the way the generic enemy looked, they'd have really been better off replacing them entirely or just leaving it as a mystery, the same way they leave the true nature of the Ghost People and the Cloud a mystery.

Ghost People spears damages me for a quarter of my health and those damned gas tank wielding fuckfaces kills me outright with their grenades

We lost that prospect when Troika died and Bethesda won the bid for Fallout instead.

Chris Avellone being a faggot and Obsidian firing his stupid ass is nothing new

Is this bait?

NDA's often also usually have clauses that state you automatically will agree to anything they want in court. Like if a giant company is pissed enough to send their lawyers up your ass, it's no joke.

Yeah if you're a working artist they aren't optional. Unless you are the producers kid or something, you won't keep your job. Don't work for corporations if you don't like it.

The last NDA I signed stated I cannot make any
participating in any motion picture, television or other entertainment industry project in any
medium now known or hereafter devised which is based on the Confidential Information or is
substantially similar to the Confidential Information.
Dang there goes my tell all book contract lol

Was Obsidian ever good? The only good (average) games they ever made were NV and NWN2.

yup its bait

wrpgs are all dogshit

I thought it was alright. The lack of replay value was the main problem for me.
See I can pull the same shit faggot.

God I hope so, please be true.
Avellone is the only thing left in video games that is good.

I recognize some of those doujins. I question the heterosexuality of anyone who doesn't like that Nenemaru one. Or Amakuchi (sweet taste), creator of Foxy Rena.

it lacked replayability value, camera was shit, story was too cheesy and it didnt improve any of the NWN1 features except the party system which wasnt even an issue in NWN1, if they ever plan to make NWN3 i hope they just give modern graphics to NWN1 and fix some balancing issues, also clean up the editor so i dont have to waste 2 fucking hours by creating up a trading village outside the dungeon entrance.

I agree for the most part. Though I still enjoyed playing it with friends.

What am I looking at?

I'ts okay what nips do it

it is.

No.

Yes.

No.

Yes.

No.

Yes.

No.

Yes.

No.

Yes.

No.

Yes. If I get banned it'll be worth it

No

Yes.

No. I shall wear a ban for fighting the furry menace with pride

Yes.

No.

Yes.

No.

Yes.

No.

Yes.

Both of you fucking kill yourselves.

No.

Yes.

No.

No.

Why is it that no one can read OP's title. It's not that: Obsidian is managing a new Fallout™ title! It's that: Chris Avellone is starting to talk about his FALLING OUT with Obsidian management. For an English speaking board the reading comprehension here is terrible. My real question though is was the title intentionally worded to confuse people and get the post count higher than it would be otherwise?

Fucking reported.

Yes. I'm sorry friend, I must go, this was fun

No. Worthy adversary. For a furfag

JUST FUCK ALREADY

Maybe.

I don't know.

Can you repeat the question?

>>>/cuckchan/

YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME NOW!!!

>>>/neogaf/

First exodus, go fuck yourself.

>>>/cuckchan/

KOTOR II TSL, maybe? Once you mod back in the Christmas cuts.

Fuck this shit, give me the actual apocalypse, and none of that time-jump shit like in Failout 4. Start the game a few minutes before the bombs fall or whatever apocalyptic scenario you have planned, make me work to survive it, and then wander the fresh wreckage, looking for other survivors, for food and drink under the rubble, make me decide whether I should kill that smiling dude over there for his backpack. Show me first gangs forming when people realise that the law is gone and resources are limited.

of what? a nuclear explosion? If that's the case the game's gonna be shorter than Wolfenstein 2

Can someone spoon feed me what happened between Chris Avellone and Obsidian?
Also how did Josh Sawyer became the face of Obsidian/Fallout?
Recently I had a conversation with a friend and he actually believes Sawyer is some messiah that is going to save video games and Pillars of Eternity is the best game ever

Did he, uh, explain his case?

The summary would be:
>normalfags will learn to differentiate bad games from good games (because they will play good games aka Obsidian games)

Also:

To be fair to Sawyer, his mod for FNV is great and should be considered necessary for anyone playing it.

After FONV came out, he had some social media Q&A account (long gone now, I think) where he'd answer questions about the game and development. He also made video replies to some of the questions. It made him easier to reach than most of the other New Vegas devs, so he ended up answering a lot of questions on their behalf.

Technically the Frost mod for Fallout 4 does that, by deleting the story and adding in a bunch of new shit so it's set like immediately after the bombs fell. Unfortunately there's no dialogue or proper quests, but it's much more apocalypse hobo experience.

I wanted the play on words due to him working on fallout 2 with a lot of former black isle devs, as well as helping to write fallout: NV, I didn't expect so many anons to be retarded and not know how to read a post title and understand context though.

Obsidian played him like a fiddle.

New Vegasfags are children. Sad!

Go back to somalia.

I'll slap a redirect to >>>/suicide/ on your bait hook.

Cool virtue signaling bro.

wew

Sounds cultmarx.

Excluding the fact that you're an autist who decided to reply to 14 different anons in one spergpost, you realize this is a video game we're talking about right? You realize that in the lore of said game that radiation can turn people into mutants as well killing them, and that people survived the bombs falling without dying or mutating? A Fallout in that setting is not only feasible but would be a tad better than playing every game in the same time period after the bombs fell

technically not every nuclear blast produces fallout, high grade nuclear weapons tend to produce little to no fallout due to the sheer strength of the explosion alone not to mention the intensity of the gamma and ionizing radiation produced in the initial detonation. In that kind of a scenario the only people likely to die due to a nuclear blast would be those in the impact zone along with anyone in the path of the resulting concussive wave

Fug

Yeah, why wouldn't you want to max all skills and get every halfway useful perk in the game like in le Skyrim?

If you've got some good proofs I'll accept it.

Tell your fur fucker friends to stay out of my thread.

My only proof is that i've heard people mentain it in those streams hes had, and he always has that terrengel dude with him and no one else, and it seems like the dude lives with him, so I figured he's his boyfriend, especially with the makeup he wears and shit

You are 100% right! Divinity: Original Sin 2 did it way better!

Not much to go on, but it might be a start. Doesn't the makeup thing fit with the Metal genre that his channel was originally associated with (Metal Mythos reviews). If the guy is living with him, it could still be a roommate situaiton (though, having him exclusively seems like it could be kinda gay). I want to err on the side of deep male freindship, but if it turns out to be faggotry, I won't defend it.

which website is best for me.jpg

as I understand, they learned from baldur's gate backlash and didn't change dialogue in this one. But I haven't played EE to check.

philotes, go drink bleach until you die you fucking furfag

Is he also a flower child?

His formspring is still alive and he still answers some question from time to time.

If you keep calling everyone philotes, no one will be able to tell when it really is him.

Oh my.

He's right. NDAs are cancer. You should never be stupid enough to sign a NDA just because they demanded you do it. Not even if they threaten to otherwise withhold the money that they owe you.

He's also right that you should read your employment contract before signing it. Some of the CYA clauses in there will tell you ahead of time just what kind of asshole company you are signing up for.

I think it was mostly Sawyer who was guilty of that Firedorn shit.

No one really gives a shit about brofists there. The whole point of brofists was to stop people from quoting a post just to say "This." or "I agree." Later on the giant ratings rainbow got implemented as a joke. I'm sure there are a few idiots who take their ratings very seriously, but that's just them being stupid.

Pretty sure the RPG Codex doles out ♥SAFE SPACE♥ tags to people who have a large ignore list. Seriously mate, if you like using ignore, you're probably a fag. And for a namefag board, I hope you realize that RPG Codex has a time-honored tradition of people abandoning their accounts and rolling alts simply to continue posting and disassociate themselves from their previous shit.

He directed the game. You sure do type a lot for a confused retard.

They're all like SJW to SJW-lite, Avellone included.

Whats does Fallout has to do with kemonoshit ?
Like furshit wasnt enough already.

….uhhhhhhhh user?

nether do Trannies.

Isn't Richardson the only important guy there?

Cuck Fagellone is a shitty over rated hack of a writer and the only reason he gets any credit in the video game industry is cause incidentally every other writer is some how shittier then him, not that the bar is set very high. Shout out to that one user in that one thread years ago who coined Cuck Fagellone, its legitimately my favorite thing ever, only problem is I never get a chance to use it.

Where the fuck were the hints toward fallout you fucking retard?

What I picked up from that shit is basically someone fondled his butt cheeks and they told him to sign an nda and keep quiet or he doesn't get paid, nothing at all about fallout.

Sage for double post and also for the fact that the first post was supposed to be sage and also contain this.

This fucking flag is garbage holy fucking shit.

Obsidian is liable to collapse without Avellone really. Without the writing, they're practically Bethesda. And that's worse for Obsidian because their fans tend not to be fans of Bethesda.

Lmfao. They actually sabotaged Avellone's work to bring him down to their level because they were afraid of their writers getting overshadowed and didn't want people complaining about why the other companions are so lackluster compared to Avellone's.

Is that why he was driven out? I mean I can't see a normal reason for why you would want to marginalize and drive away your best writer who is by all accounts a reasonable and passionate guy (no to mention famous enough his name alone has brand value), and Obsidian has had at least some SJW-lite shit going on before. It's usually SJWs who make a thing out of putting their own views ahead of quality and trying to oust anyone who doesn't agree/"fit in" with their "culture" or "values." At any rate some kind of crazy office politics had to happen there.

As far as I remember Avellone hasn't ever publicly shit on someone else for their personal / right leaning politics. I think he is sympathetic to a lot of SJW ideas but keeps that shit to himself. His "neutrality" could have been seen as some sort of "this guy is secretly a wolf in sheep's clothing, we have to get rid of him" type of scenario.

I agree. Avelone is part of the old school professionals, you know the ones who are actually good, do their job and don't try to virtue signal at every opportunity. Amy Henig is another example of someone who was too professional and so therefore not acceptable the cultural marxists that have taken over a lot of these studios.

Forget about Holla Forums for a sec. SJW shit isn't really about politics. It's about office politics. The holier-than-thou complex and being able to praise your own work because having the right messaging is now more important than actual quality of work. It's a breeding ground for narcissists and parasites and clique bullshit where bad/unskilled work is fully excused and no one is allowed to be better than you unless they do some kind of weird obeisance to you. You don't need to oppose transgender bathrooms or diversity or whatever to get on a SJW's shitlist. You just need to not be a part of their clique, and have your own standards for quality rather than following theirs.

At the end of the day while SJWs love to get angry about people who oppose their brand of politics, it's the guy who has a hard-working meritocratic attitude that really gets under their skins, because they can legit get fired if that attitude catches on.

Wrong characters buddy.
Richardson is literally insane when you talk to him, the other two are minor characters from Junktown in Fallout 1.

Main baddy of Fallout was The Master and he was pretty interesting and had genuine motivation if not a completely flawed plan.

Fallout 2 it's literally OMG IM SO FRICKIN EVIL I JUST WANT TO KILL EVERYBODY DURRR. Still though, Fallout 2 is fun as hell and the factions of each major city are pretty interesting.

As much as I love the first two Fallouts and can "enjoy" New Vegas because of the interesting lore and dialogue, I wouldn't even be excited for a new Fallout from Obisidian. Most of the original team is gone, and they would still be forced into creating some pile of shit using Betheseda scraps.