It will take 4,528 hours of gameplay (or $2100) to unlock all base-game content in star Wars: Battlefront 2

It will take 4,528 hours of gameplay (or $2100) to unlock all base-game content in star Wars: Battlefront 2

archive.is/J1StV
archive.fo/WXf08

Have microtransactions gone too far?

Other urls found in this thread:

forgeworld.co.uk/en-NO/Legio-Custodes-Army-2017
archive.fo/GUgJw
archive.fo/9eniY
nieuws.vtm.be/binnenland/onderzoek-naar-nieuw-star-wars-spel
gesetze-im-internet.de/juschg/__13.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes.

sounds like you are really getting your money's worth with this awesome EA title :^)

Please don't post trans-misogynistc hate websites here. smh

Dollarperhours is good nigger I don't see anything wrong with this

Do you have to unlock everything?

I don't know anything about this game but surely, it's just a matter of different options available to everyone, right? How has this game been structured such that everything has to be unlocked?

Once we have dealt with the Hollywood pedos and jews, the gaming industry should be next.

That's not to mention there is certain amount of work that goes into producing every single one of those things. This is why many simulator games don't even have any unlockable content, you straight up have to buy it.

Once Hollywood is down half of vidya's problems will go with it.

I feel no remorse for these retards. EA could shoot their mother and they would still by their games.

Think of the poor XBOX ONE X© and the PS4 PRO™.

The base game costs $60. Unlocking the additional heroes using lootcrates can range somewhere up to $100+. Crafting and upgrading Star Cards to max so you have a decent advantage may range up to $200+ depending on how many characters you are upgrading.

While the base game costs $60, the fun comes in a $300 DLC package. You could just buy the base game only, but you'd be at such a disadvantage compared to all the paying (or more-paying) players and losing so often as a result of not having the latest gear that there is zero enjoyment to be had out of the multiplayer unless you continue to 'support' the developers publishers for their good work. On top of those sixty bucks you forked over for the base game.

Holy shit that is like over 188 days.

Are you shitting me?
I COULD LEARN A LANGUAGE WITH THAT KIND OF TIME INVESTMENT!

That's not that much considering there are autistic faggots on this very board that still want to play vanilla WoW in ${CURRENT_YEAR}.

(checked)
We all know you'll just waste time on garbage.

Not even assfaggot players last that long

You can also make much more money than 2100$.
Seeing how gameplay is nowadays you might as well get much more fun at work.

I'm trying really hard to understand how I'm being mocked here. I know you have a snarky point, I just can't interpret it. I know nothing of simulator games.

Wow.

Did EA get away with it?

(Sage because I feel myself dropping the thread quality)

Fuck off.

You know what to do. You can learn Japanese

Well, yeah. But at least it's not this particular pile of garbage.

Why is it 20 vs 20 on PC?

Not japanese, that's for sure.

Because parity with consoles goy, can't have Battlefield 3 happening again, now can we?

No in fact 4k hours is about how much time would it take to become proficient in Japanese including kanji writing.

I don't have a problem with microtransactions. Real gamers (life me) don''t mind spending a little more money. I do it inbetween lifting weights, and fucking big booty bitches after drinking beers.

Jesus fucking Christ

I for one can't wait to purchase yet another fine ea product. I'll probably buy all the dlc day one as well. It's gonna be a lot of fun.

What?

You could buy an entire Custodes Army from forge world, twice.

It is now officially cheaper to play 40k with the most expensive models than to play an EA game.

forgeworld.co.uk/en-NO/Legio-Custodes-Army-2017

He's rolling.

So tired of the negativity about ea here tbh.

I know you've never owned a car but this is how cars work. You have to pay for extra things. You lazy fucking neet.

Your shilling manual is outdated and shit, to shill properly lurk for some time atleast.

I'll be getting the second it releases. I hope that maybe some of us can meet up online and play it. This shaping up to be a classic in the making.

There's no need to deride it. You really are getting your moneys worth on this game. I for one am ready for this bold new future.

JEW WARS
SHEKELFRONT II
EAMPIRE KIKES BACK!

(heiled)
10/10

My starwars bros get up in here. I'm pumped to play this. May the force be with you.

It just works.

cool

nice

yes but you dont pay 1000+ % of the original price of the car for them>>13801452

Yeah the problem is 99% of fatasses here will never invest time on anything but videogames.

A bird can learn Japanese but you will never learn Japanese

I think you're just projecting your own issues mate

I probably can't.
My mind was already ruined by my parents forcing me to learn Mandarin when I was a kid and I'm still fucking terrible at it.

Just give the dog a gun.

But will it include kitten?

Who would buy this except the fags at RLM.

Someone please Photoshop the boxart with this.

Who even gave the thumbs up to this idea? I know EA cares only about making money but did they not consider the consequences if people caught on?

akshually
it has Clone Wars era shit. Too bad it reuses maps, voicelines and objectives of the nuStarwars and OT shit. Additionally, you can have any hero in any period, meaning you'll have Kylyourself Ren fighting MaReySue while clankers and Clones fight in the back.

This is what it looks like when you claim to have mathmatically optimized a game for revenue. Every game mechanic tited to a cash purchase. Every reward tested to nag you to spend a bit of money to unlock it sooner. Every purchase will then have you in matches by playing against those who havent bought stuff in a while. Then you will loose because you havent been buying things in a while. So you will by things to start winning.

I'm surprised anyone managed to top duelyst's jewish tendencies. They had their game kickstarted.
Then made it free to play with microtransactions, and didn't even give their backers half of the existing content. And they didn't get any of the new content.
Congratulations on reaching {PLATINUM}! You have unlocked our {PLATINUM BOSS} loot crate! Buy a key now!
NOTE: your loot crate expires in 48 hours!

yes

(very nice)

That made me mad about Forza Horizon 3 aswell. Ads for their expansions fucking everywhere. I fucking paid for that game, don't give me fucking ads to spend even more money on it. If i wanted to buy more of your shit i would look it up.

You forgot to call everyone "nay-sayers" and "contrarian".
Fuck off shill.

Reminder that in response to the backlash, EA reduced the amount of credits you need by 75%.
Reminder that they also reduced the number of credits you EARN per battle by 75%.

Degenerate.

Top Kek you could go from not being able to output "hello world" to being an advanced programmer in that amount of time.

Trips confirm.

(Heil'd)

No, the money of the filthy casual must be drained until it dies of hunger.

Moreover EA has given us so many hours of quality gameplay over the years they deserve to fuck our wives right in front of us and they're entitled to us supporting and raising the resulting children. My meta Jamal has already given me two beautiful sons: lil' Tyrone and lil' Mohammed.

,.へ    /::::::::::::\         /ヽ.  /:::::::::::::::::::::\      /:::::::|  |::::::::::::\:::::;::->──<::;;;_::::::|  × ノ::::::::::;:-/´  ,. -─-、    `ヽヽ.  × ヽ、:/:::/  /          ヽ.´`ヽ.   /:::::/   /  /   /|     〉   ',  ./::::::,'  ノ  /  /|`メ、 |  /|  ハ  i  ', /:::,.イ イ /  | ./-─‐-、レ' | /_ | ハ  iく::::::::ノ   レヽレ'| "      レ'___ `/ |  ,ゝ `/    |.  |           `|  ハ ハ  〈. /    |.  ',   /´ ̄`ヽ.  "|Yノ レ'   )ヘ  /  ',  '、  |    /  ,.イ ',       人___    レ、    ヽ.  |>ゝ.,__/,.イ ノ  〉      ,.、  ('\    )--ヽハV、 \_/ヽレ|/`ヽ(     ノ i  ⌒  \/   `ヽ::::ヽ.\/ヽハ、         ./  'ァ- 、  、/      ';::::::', (ハ) |:::Y`ヽ.     /  ノ、二{─-〈       〉::::::|___ハ__|:::::|  ',    /   ィ{___,ノ   ゝ、_、r‐`'"ヾ::::::::::::::::::i::::::::::::i   〉 /   ァ‐''"

Essentially, yes. They got a shit ton of bad PR but will still turn a profit.

Doesn't sound too bad if you've got nothing better to do and actually have the money to spare.

Its in Reddits nature to consume.

You could be a commercial jet pilot with that many hours invested.
You could learn several languages to an advanced level.
You could become an expert musician.
You could work minimum wage and come out with enough to buy a small house during that time.
You could meet several hundred thousand women on speed dates during that time, and bed a significant proportion of them.
You could become a competitive athelete.

Studying 35 hours a week, for 44 weeks a year for 3 years would be 4,620 hours - enough time to complete a standard degree course.
Yes you could obtain a degree in the same time.

It just shows how fucking useless video games are - and how much we could do if we didn't ever touch them.
At least consider putting half the amount of time into them, and half into something constructive. Your future self will thank you.

Amazing.

The only game i've ever managed to reach that play time on were the Monster Hunter games, I don't see anyone even reaching 1,000 hours on some garbage cash grab FPS.

Pic related.

Glorious

NICE

And the skill to paint

You just need a good reason to learn it.
Move to china for a year, find a pretty chinese girlfriend.
You'll be speaking like a local afterwards.

Its almost as if video games are massive wastes of time.

HEIL DIGITS

Thank you for gracing our board with your presence Hitler.

I don't believe it. Take it with a grain of salt, as always.
archive.fo/GUgJw
archive.fo/9eniY

You've never bought a new car in the current year have you?
A Volkswagen GOLF has a multi-entertainment systems pre-installed(the one that links to your phone), but will need you to pay extra to get a USB stick to unlock it if you didnt get that paid for on day 1.

You're way overpaid for your job nigger.

Kewl, please leave this place forever

I miss you Hitler.

Looks like EA's blatant gamble on tarnishing the Star Wars IP is going to fail. All eyes are on them now.

I'm thinking of picking up italian actually.

WEW

thin yer paints

They need to get in line after Disney then.

BUY ALL OF MY DLC, GOYIM. $2,100 IS THE SAME AS $60 IN THE 1980'S ADJUSTED FOR INFLATION. YOU'RE ALREADY USED TO SPENDING THIS KIND OF MONEY.

2017 is a really fucking weird year.

I genuinely fucking do. At least Lucas had enough autism to try and make something good.

Eh, sort of. I don't think anything can make up for the prequels. They're probably the greatest disappointments in US cinematic history. But at least he didn't ban hammer the extended universe.

Nobody needs a one trick pony that can't do shit on his own

(checked)
ebin :—–DDD

cyka blyat!

Checked.

I love reading this story. But your filename is wrong, user. Chinese are the original kikes. They've been gouging each other even before Yahweh became a thing.

the fuck? Either EA saw the victim card doesn't work or someone unrelated just used sjw tricks to get attention.
But more important how is the fat fuck e-celeb boogie reacting to this new headline?

Globalist.

Lucas was and is a businessman first, and a director 1075th. You're delusional if you think he would be an improvement.

Lucas was autistic first, then businessman second.

you think people are going to buy this after EAfront 1? I don't think it'll be successful.

It's gonna be one of those "oy vey we only made tens of millions please pity us and issue our fucking grants already" kind of dealies.

It's a simple matter of principle, after you pay 60 dollars for a fucking video game you shouldn't have to deal with this shit. The fact of the matter is that EA wants a game model which will allow consumers to continuously come back and pay money, without the massive overhead induced by an MMO. If you have been paying attention to the incredibly Judaic shit coming out of their mouths for the past year or so, you will understand that this is their company initiative going forward for ALL FRANCHISES if possible. You should be able to, at minimum, pay a higher price to unlock all of the extra content, but EA will never allow it because it goes against their initiative.
They just want more money for less effort. That's all it boils down to.
And who asked for that? Not I. All of the best video games I've ever played were not productions worth tens of millions in development. These companies made the decision to put tens of millions of dollars into their game budgets at the same time they decided to try to emulate Hollywood as much as possible, and guess what? Hollywood's business model is finally fucking dying, and not just because of the pedowood shit – that's merely the fallout of business relations going to shit. It also does not change the fact that it costs less people less effort to make a Darth Vader hero unlock and sell it for however many GoyBucks than it does to make an expansion pack and sell it for $30-40.
What you are seeing right now are these companies struggling to maintain a market which, had the industry stayed on course the way it was up until roughly the year 2005 or so, would never have existed. The people who play the newest release of Call of Duty every year would simply not be interested in Quake 3, or Counter Strike, or Unreal Tournament. And now they are realizing much more quickly that the attention of the 90-95% of people who are insufferably retarded and have awful taste is ephemeral at best.

Aw I came here just to shitpost that

>>>/neofag/

Dont ask how far have they gone

ASK HOW MUCH FURTHER THEY CAN GET

Lucas did have some creative ideas and imagination, but the money got to him. If he'd had the technology back when they were making the originals, he would have used CGI for all the backgrounds and effects, and it's only because they were limited by what was possible at the time that all the iconic practical effects were used. If you're not convinced, watch the Mr Plinkett reviews.

Meanwhile, at Capcom, they're all "Shit! Take notes. We got a winning formula here!"

I've seen this image hundreds of times, one day I will be able to read it. Is the google translation accurate at all?

saved

Let me just enjoy the Haggening without reminding me about MHW, user.

joke's on you, I have nothing left

Post it to Reddit for le sweet, sweet karma. XDDDD
Seriously though, good job.

Can mod ban this kid?

>inb4 boogie

You can learn Japanese twice with that. You need 2,2k hours to learn it.

そうですよ!

HIGH-QUALITY AAA SINGLEPLAYER ACTION

Who ever wrote that into google, has no idea. That sentence is basically meaningless. "だいぶつほんとラにならだつた" だいぶつ(大仏) Big budda statueほんと(本当)ラ(I can only think he meant ほんとら which is a an incorrect way to say ほんと in plural)に(grammar. this is fine)ならだつた(This part is really wrong), なら, if so/if that's the case; and then there is だつた they meant だった which is past tense. だつた is a mistake gaijin make as つ and っ looks similar, but it's pretty obvious in speaking that it isn't the same at all.
So the correct translation of that sentence would be " The big budda reallys did tehtsa.?" The spelling mistakes are intention. The sentence doesn't make sense, the translation doesn't make sense, who ever made this was to make fun of you , or actually has a very low level of understanding of the language.

Imagine what your everyday life must be like caring so little about your work. It's not like these people get paid well to make this shit either.

Ah, so it's just nonsense? Mystery solved then, hopefully I'll learn nip before someone completes shekelfront 2.

Hi ResetERA

Hmm, interesting.

Reddit, Imgur, all the normalfag shitholes are full of "CANCELLING MY PREORDER" or the like. It's finally happening, here's hoping they stick with it.

wtf, i love eu now

Look what Jim's pigs have just brought in!

I wonder if crowbcat will do a video on this?

And unlocking nothing will take 0 hours and $0. Plus you don't have to play a shit game.

Also doesn't help that their CFO has essentially outright admitted that their goal is to make people spend multiple paychecks on a single game. And he wishes they did it to Battlefield 4.

If only irony were cyanide gas.

inb4 E;R

And the suckers will jump at the chance to give EA their shekels. Goes to show eugenics should have become standard policy in Western countries.

post more bird

nieuws.vtm.be/binnenland/onderzoek-naar-nieuw-star-wars-spel

Vertaald:

The Gambling Commission is opening investigations into the new Star Wars-videogame: Battlefront 2. In that game you can pay to improve your character or vehicle. However, that mechanism is based on chance: you don't know beforehand what you will obtain. Another game, Overwatch, is also being investigated.

The game 'Battlefront 2' will be available next Friday in the stores and is being seen as one of the greatest videogames of the year. In the game you can grow as player and keep improving your character. For example, you can obtain new weapons or upgrade your vehicle.

But for those who don't have the time or patience to improve their characters by playing, can also buy those improvements using so-called 'Loot Crates'. These are virtual boxes you can buy without knowing what's inside them beforehand.

Investigation started
And that's where the problem lies, says the Gambling Commission. Because you want to have certain things but don't know what you're buying, you're basically gambling. "If there's a gamble in question, then that's not allowed without permission of the Gambling Commission", says Naessens, director of the Gambling Commission, to VTM NIEUWS.

The investigation of the Gambling Commission can in the worst case lead to EA having to pay hundreds of thousands of euro's in fines or pulling the game out of stores. Electronic Arts, the maker of 'Battlefront 2', refuses to respond.

So all this for BigSean66 stolen EA valor or is this a long troll of some kind or even an alt account for an EA employee or shill to push narratives in a favorable direction?

Since when has that guy talked about vidya?

This could be the point at which lootboxes start being treated as gambling in the EU. Then again, it is the (((EU))).

Part of me hates that over use of this clip. Ya we get it, south park points out everything wrong with freemium system but something can't we get some verity? But then i can make a recommendation as a temporary replacement. So basically post on. .

How many lvl 100 characters do you have over how many games and tell me how it is to be a fat NEET without a past.

Its the EU. This means its Germany and some other countries they lord over. Reminder that their Gambling laws have effectively destroyed Arcades there in the 80s.

do we have any reliable data on how well Electronic Aids did with the last BF?
I did hear rumors about Disneykikes getting pissed at them, not sure how much is true

I'd wager it was somewhere between "not enough" and "give me more".

Well, I mean, it's a pretty decent summary. If there was something that also pointed out how it's even more evil to charge $60 to even have a game with gameplay-affecting loot crates (and $2100 worth of "content" locked away, with more to be added), then that would probably be used for this situation.

no,fuck you

For fuck's sake don't ask for government intervention.

Whos gonna be able to game a system like this? Clean Honest devs or manipulative mega tripple A's?

The Tripple A's of course! Whos gonna have the cash to lobby and get exceptions or place limitations? Tripple As.

How are they going to drag Overwatch into this? There are only cosmetics in the lootboxes for that, right?

money is involved, i guess thats enough,because its not clear whatu rly pay for

let me guess you're american

I think Overwatch will come out clean in that regard, if the commission decides to pull through and regulate lootboxes in general that is.

I don't think EA is big enough to exert any influence over the EU.

I can honestly recommend it user, it's a beautiful language, very melodic and passionate. also italian women are top-tier waifu material
But be warned, like all language you need a lot of dedication autism over a long period of time. In general italian is easy to get into but ramps up in difficulty later. like a good video game
In ogni caso, credo che farai bene a provare

Or take some refugees. The new faces of coding.
Fairly certain that's all those shitheads at Brussels talk about. Fishing gets brought up and Juncker's like "Yes but Poland doesn't have enough niggers."

It will be probably like the bullshit you see with internet/phone/cable service providers where it's pretty obvious the legislators were working in tandem with the lobbies because these companies are always left with loopholes to fuck people raw.

And some Farming company isn't big enough to Influence the United States Government, and the Telephone companies are all obedient to your officials as well.

Idiot who do you think will take the most interest in this? You will have rows upon rows of bean counter lawyers just digging into the law until they can bend it to their whim.
Who will back political campaigns, ask for favors, selectively enforce laws?

Like when your bottom line will be influenced by this stuff, so spending millions on bending them won't just become necessary, it will become PROFITABLE.

Overwatch isn't innocent.
And fucking Hearthstone is: Lootboxes, the game.

Blizzard mastered many of these practices, its just got WAY better PR. Its just as corrupt as EA it just shanks you when your back is turned whilst EA goes on a machine gun rampage.

Trust me, nothing would please me more to wake up to the news that Hearthstone has been shut down. But trading card games have existed for decades, and Hearthstone is really just the virtual version of that. I doubt there's anything legally shaky about selling virtual cards.

You could make the argument that digital cards can't be traded, but I'm not sure if the game lets you do that or not.

So do you want to get the government involved in those as well?
This will open the floodgates.

Quality shitpost.

italian women are huge sluts and their language sounds horrid

I don't know, buying loot crates in video games is pretty much the same as buying randomised booster packs in trading card games (eg. Magic: the Gathering) which have been around for decades. Either the Gambling Commission suddenly realizes that it "wasn't doing its job" all this time and concludes that keeping on doing that is the way to go, or it has to retroactively regulate TCGs with the new anti-lootbox rules and wake up some long-sleeping dogs. I'd say it's going to be the former, if it's the latter, prepare for years of court dueling between legal teams before any semblance of a decision is being reached.

The only reason I'd even consider it would be literature, but then there are so many languages I could learn.

Could they really not find any other photo for Zeno's Conscience? Somebody scribbled all over it.

How many hours does it take to unlock everything in Team Fortress 2? I have 2,000 hours in it already and don't even have any rare items…

Well, for booster packs you know that you are getting some random cards. You're not necessarily hoping for the highest possible rewards or a card in particular, but you're buying it to get a certain amount of cards. You know what you get, and even the most useless cards can be made useful in some way. And if you want a specific one you can always buy them off a market. Same thing with cosmetics in TF2.

For SWBF2 your progression is largely tied to RNG because of the lootboxes. It's no longer about cosmetics, and the content you can get isn't entirely deterministic anymore either. While crafting points are certain, all of the other contents aren't. Whereas you knew with other lootboxes or boosters that you'd be getting a skin or at least seven cards, the lootboxes here are much more random in their content.

But you can sell cards from TCG booster packs. Most lootboxes don't have a secondary economy.

The more I look at it the better it gets

I played TF2 daily since December of the year it was released.
Played, past tense. I only got to 1.5k hours.
At 800 hours, every flaw became apparent.
At 1k I got sick of Valve not properly balancing the classes.
I took a break, then came back for the last 500. By then the communities were almost completely dissolved and I couldn't shit talk while wrecking faggots with stupid builds.

Full unlocks in any multiplayer game should be no more than 100 hours.
Full unlocks in any single player game shouldn't be more than 40 hours.

Most of what you listed is bullshit.
Most card traders are addicts, defending their addiction.
Just about every "Difference" in card packs apply to Digital games as well. You may be gambling to make Han Solo better or whatever.

It's all bullshit. Either kick the habit or admit that you can't stop. But don't defend your FAVORED crack dealer because you like his coat.

We're talking about gambling, not addiction.

Not only the progression, the whole meta is fucked up because of the RNG shit.
Each class has 4 weapons, only one is unlocked but the weapon isn't customizable, while the 3 others are customizable (3 different attachment) but locked behind the RNG loot (or the in-game crafting but let's face it, it will take ages to get the required number of crafting parts).
Each class has a set of 3 cards and each card has a different set of levels, giving the player a better shield, faster cooldown for the grenades etc. It's insane. The UI doesn't help either, it's really hard to understand the level of the player and what set of cards he's holding.

True. From what I've heard you can't even customize your character unless he/she is a hero.

So they applied mobile game monetization design philosophy to a full scale AAA game. And then they wonder why it's not received well. Blithering oblivious imbeciles.

No, they get it completely. They just gotta keep shoving it until its normalized.

I know I'm a fool for saying it, but I still believe there is a point past which even the normalfags will balk.

If you're trying to translate more than one Japanese word at a time, the answer to this question is "No," more than 80% of the time.

You're not a fool. Normalfag havens are almost universally against EA. I have not seen a single thing defending them anywhere.

No your not a fool EA is just smarter then you.

It's playing both the generation game and influence game. This current generation does not remember a time before cosmetic DLC. Horse armor is a blip in the past.

Normalfags NOW maybe won't eat it up, but wait 5 more years, watch it spread to Activision, then every other publisher, and now its the new normal.

Im also seeing that they can position P2W and Hardcore morons against each other. Minnows resent the Whales, the Whales resent the minnows.

But neither realise that they are only in this system to begin with because the Aquarium keeper likes it this way.

Now if they would all just stop complaining and simply stop buying EA games, the issue they're whining about would dissolve in a historic bankruptcy.

But no, cry, whine, piss and moan all the way into the gas chamber.

I don't think this could seriously get any better. TFW YOU REALISE THEY ARE DOING THIS ON PURPOSE SO THAT THEY CAN BE BOUGHT OUT. BY DISNEY?

I'm in disagreement. I actually want too government to get involved. This is a gambling piece of software and their selling this to minors. This is unregulated, and i wish better. In a optimal system, if we as a society agree that anyone under the age of 18 can't gamble, then we should be able to regulate the game on the basis of gambling. Now lets be clear, this is going to fuck over small business, mostly in the mobile market, and most likely using unity, but it's still fucking them over. This also brings us closer the system CA tried to impose. Here is the set of regulations i'm thinking of in the US.

If by "Normalfag havens" you mean normalfag gaming enthusiast sites like /r/gaming, GameFAQs, and so on, you're missing that even they are a level removed from complete normalfaggotry. The number of people who don't give a shit about video games as a medium, and just participate in them on the same level as blockbuster action flicks, is tremendous. The normalfaggiest of normalfags. They're never even going to know that anyone hates EA, because they have absolutely no reason to think about it, and will never be exposed to any who cares about video games enough that it would come up in normal conversation.

I mean places like Imgur, Facebook, and twitter. I can't personally attest, but from family, this mess has spread very far.

So are Trading Cards. How about we put the responsibility on parents? I mean whats gonna happen? They put a "You must be at least 18 to gamble sticker?"
Kids already need their parent's cards to get involved, and PCs and games systems already have child lock systems inbuilt.
This is just shitty fucking Parenting. That's all it is.
Steam Also fucking created its OWN Lootbox gambling system and enjoyed it for many years. Im saying that if your best case scenario is "Censorship", then that's a shitty plan.
You can't ever save stupid people from themselves. Either stupid people stop eating paste or whatever protection plan will fuck everybody over.

Banning Alchohol didn't stop drunk driving. Better education did.

Fine, ok.

A booster pack is functionally equivalent to a loot box. In a loot box, you know that you are getting some random loot, its quality dependent on the way the designers distributed it (and I believe they should at the very least be obligated by law to disclose these distributions and their probabilities). In the case of paper TCGs, you're going to end up with a lot of useless cardboard in bulk binders. True, the cards which are tradable can fuel a secondary market to recoup costs, but much depends on how popular/successful the TCG is.
In the end however, you're still doing the same thing: opening loot crates/booster packs in the hope that you hit the good stuff. Give your brain a high. Just like working a lottery scratch ticket. In that sense, the Gambling Commission may be able to build a case but again, I don't think they will get very far.

By the way, digitally, you can control or quash any secondary market outright. What do you think corporations prefer? For example, in the case of Magic: the Gathering, Wizards of the Coast are now gearing up to launch Mtg: Arena online, which very likely will have a card system like Hearthstone. You will no longer be able to trade your MtG: Arena cards, but you can craft the cards you want with some kind of "dust" you get from converting bulk. That's what Wizards prefers: sell MtG cards but without that pesky secondary market.

What disgusts me, is that you have people/"""influencers""" out there who tell you it's okay to buy a game with loot boxes. Just ignore the loot boxes, you'll still have a great time. These are the morons who facilitate the acceptance of loot boxes because after a while they'll say, "oh, I bought a few, it was fun, no biggie". A little later, they'll go, "loot boxes, why weren't you here sooner"? And then, AAA will bring us new AAA nightmares such as "dynamic pricing" (Scientific Revenue) and "intelligent matchmaking" (Activision Blizzard).

If there's no regulation and/or if people aren't well informed before purchase, it's up to each of us to be wary of what can happen and jump off the ride when it goes too far. For the time being, games I like are still being released, they're just not AAA anymore.

Didn't you say you wanted games with more hours of content?
With Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II you can start playing today and still be unlocking things over half a year later!
Isn't that fun?
Please buy my game

You know that's actually a pretty conservative, lowball cap. You have to remember their target. Their target isn't you or me. Their target isn't even really normalfags. Their target is WHALES. To a typical whale, $2100 is a fucking cheap. These kinds of degenerates probably spend closer to $10000 on average. EA probably tallied up their micro-transactions and thought

Great. Awesome. More ways to deflect criticism for the journos. You just can't fucking help yourself can you.

The other part is that minnows attract whales. They are counting on minnows to come. That's literally EAs marketing strategy.
Also don't even PIRATE these games. Because apparently, studies show that piracy still promotes the game enough to encourage purchase.

re-upload of my shoop with a few changes

Go back to shilling FIFA, Satan.

Keep in mind that the "free" DLC is also mostly more outright broken unlockables.

I would get the fuck out of here now if I were you.

Nice attempt, ignorant nigger. I clearly meant Germany. There are no Arcades in the sense of outher countries partly a very retarded and emotional discussion and the old version of this gem:
gesetze-im-internet.de/juschg/__13.html
That banished Arcade machines into casinos and gambling halls. Yes, its technically a youth protection regulation. Just punching your clock is technically just sperging out IRL. The argumentation for that amendment to the Youth Protection law was still all about Arcade machines being gambling 4 kids thus making it effectively a part of the Spielordnung that is bumming on Youth protection's couch. Now guess again, Spastie.

That's quite funny. In the past devs and producers, when confronted why the fuck single player games became shorter and shorter, used the excuse of 'muh effort/muh money on things that nobody will see'. Now they on purpose create content that will never be played; it's unlikely for someone to spend that much money and impossible to unlock through gameplay because the game won't be alive for long enough to do that.

If you only put it in hiragana and no kanji, it's never going to make sense. 奈良 is a city.

$2100? What do you need $4200 for?

Amazing. Daisy's xenomorph meme, pussy hat on the second-best best OT character, Imperial logo removed from the mulatto and replaced with EA's filth.
You're a good man, user.

POLICE! HELP! A MADMAN JUST STOLE $8400 FROM ME!

The problem lies in the defense. It can be argued from the defending standpoint that it's perfectly legal because you "can't lose", but instead just have varying degrees of winnings.

Even Jim "sjw shit bag" Sterling has been calling out EA and other bullshit in video games.

Shouldn't it be Star Shoahs Shekelfront Jew?

You don't have to test, balance, or quality control content that will never be seen until long after the game is relevant. :^)

They went too far with horse armor and just kept going.

Subarashii.

Games actually cost less to develop than they used to, inflation adjusted. It's just plain shekel grab.

Art assets have inflated massively though.

It is simple. You make pretty graphics, idiots run to them and won't touch what doesn't look as good creating this never ending money expanding cash expenditure arms race.

Even Indie Devs point out how much of a problem this is.

Make sure you guys boycott it just like Modern Warfare 2!

I feel like laying down.

INSHALLAH

Underneath all the bullshit, MW2 was a really good game, shill. How many people still play BF1

or Fallout 4

Yep, and in the meantime more interesting things such as good AI (cfr. FEAR, Halflife) has been dumbed down - streamlined - instead of improved (which should certainly be possible considering how long ago FEAR was released) because casuals and gaming """""journalists""""" don't like it when the enemy does smart(er) things than them. To the point where they are arguing for a goddamn boss skip button in Cuphead, or else these professional babies can't get their instant gratification. Heck, I read a Cuphead review in a newspaper where the journo didn't give it a rating because beating the first level was too hard. But man, AssCreed Origins was the bomb! 4 out of 5!

You have shit taste.

I'm genuinely shocked that the pinnacle of baby boomer normalfaggotry, PHYSICAL NEWSPAPERS, acknowledge video games at all, much less Cuphead.

Who here is going to buy this? Seriously, what kind of person that regularly visits an image board like this, permeated with such a heavily critical and real viewpoints on AAA releases, is going to spend their monies on this trash fire?

maybe when anime becomes real

The same faggots that bought Skyrim, the same faggots that bought Fallout 4, the same faggots that bought a Nintendo Switch

It's one of those free gazettes you pick up on the subway for a little distraction. They have a weekly vidya column. Generally pretty mainstream gaming "dzjurnalizm" with the usual platitudes. The Cuphead review was interesting in the sense that the reviewer for the first time hit a brick wall. And instead of finding someone else with better eye-hand coordination, they decided to not rate it at all.

Now THIS is shitposting.

A cosmetic upgrade, indeed.

polite sage for O/T shitpost

Nah. Publishers are doing things which should be regulated but are unregulated AND it's in my hobby(this is obviously the most important thing).I'm not even suggesting it be banned, just regulated like slot machines. As for trading cards being regulated… sure why not, i don't care. If i'm going to say EA and mobile shit needs to be regulated, i might as well also say cards do. Honestly i do think it's a bit silly since cards haven't had drama around their sale but i must be consistent. However what will be more likely to happen is Video games get regulated, and card games will be ignored until the manufactures do something scummy which bring the attention of media and/or politicians.

Your right, thank you for inspiring a regulation. It'd basically be following same rules as porn.
Any criticisms?

Fairly sure PC games don't. The best i can think of is Game4WindowsLive, which doesn't exist anymore. maybe Windows 8 or Windows 10 stores have this but their not that popular.. As for console, true. If you remember, CA case failed, partly because the companies were doing more than what the state was demanding. In this case, the state is demanding verification of someones age before using a product. This would be similar to what you would find in a casino, where the casino have to remove minors from the gambling floor. Think less video games cases, and think gambling cases.

That would save a lot of critics time and effort spent trying to save face if they just admitted they were bad. I'd love to see IGN just say that they went "fuck it" and dropped a game out of incompetence instead of lying about how much they played it.

If you play video games every day of the week, commit suicide. You're a normalfag.

Nice attempt right there. Have you cut yourself before posting that shit?

Lets divide that into work days

That is more than ONE AND A HALF YEARS

Think of how much shit you can do with something if you work on it 8 hours every day for 18 months.

Ebin

Whatever, bro.

Pussy hat makes it.

Of course he is. It's politically safe to do so. You want to know what would fucking impress me. If Extra Credits criticized EA. And not in a limp wrist kinda way.

Their the fuck that defended EA DLC practice, and had to get a second artist because their couldn't ethically support the episode. They also supported steams version of paid mods for skyrim.

The only fucking COD game i bought was WAW. No need to to act like i'm the problem

Missing one thing: Rated G for Goyim

my fucking sides

reddit won you dumb commie faggot.

i wish ea raised the cost by 75%. why? because im not a poor nigger. you think the ancient greeks cared about who could afford equipment in battle? no, that's why fighting was reserved for the upper classes. if you cant afford to win then dont play period. go get a job.

fuck off you neolib commie

Fantastic bait, user.

Responding to such low energy bait.

If you want a nagging bitch that will try to cut your balls and make you the lap dog yeah go for it

Says who? Regulation mostly doesn't help. Its a great way to get corporations involved in Lobbying. Monsanto, Railroads, Telephones, even the gambling industry uses regulation to keep competition out more then it stops their bad actions from happening.

This is so thoughtless and careless. "Well I don't drink much and I don't like drunks, let's ban all alcohol, let's prohibit it, what can possibly go wrong?".
Your logic is if its "Drama" or not? MTG keeps afloat many a hobby shop, and is a primary source of income for instance. You sink MTG, you sink those stores, you hurt the hobby industry in a massive way.

And those rules stop under 18s from looking at it?
There are tons of proprietary apps that can function as parental blocks if parents cared. And again the money is all being billed to the parents card. They just don't care.

And do an ace job at it. As we all know the state is the master of good parenting judgement, and foster care is usually so great, children love it.

No you pointed out how the regulation you're basing this on causing censorship and you look at that and say "man that's a GREAT idea".
….Yes, those are the stupid people.

I was referencing the prohibition. Its just statistics that awareness campaigns in the 1960s lowered drunk driving, then the bans.

Like, its the same paradox. But laws are set by the same flawed human beings that set up casinos and market alcohol. Your not gonna weaken them by giving them institutional power.

That fucker's work absolutely disgusts me, I have no idea why he was so popular on /gif/ back in the day.

L…LLewd. My word, user, I really question your motives for learning Italian. XD

Fucking nailed it

With regards to the whole lootboxes vs. trading cards problem, I personally wouldn't have a problem with random lootboxes if there was a secondary market (e.g. Valve's cosmetic system, Magic trading cards) or some other system such that the expected value of a lootcrate is higher than what you pay for it, as opposed to a standard gambling system where the expected value of e.g. a slot machine pull is less than what you put in. In the digital space, only Valve has this sort of system, mainly because they decided to hire an actual economist to set it up.
Magic trading cards are probably the better example, actually; when major retailers and resellers buy a pallet of cards, WotC provides guarantees on how many of each card will be provided in all the packs. If you manage to get your own pallet when Magic has a good season and sell cards at the right time, you can easily make tons on cardboard crack. I would do this, but WotC and Hasbro are pozzed beyond belief and I don't want to give them money.

(checked)
All of the images in the Kotaku archive are borked for me. Is there a way to fix them?

Hearthstone does not let you trade cards in any way; it's referred to in the marketing as a Collectible Card Game (CCG) instead of a Trading Card Game (TCG). Instead of trading the spare commons you get from packs with someone who doesn't have them, you have to destroy them for 1/8 the crafting cost.
That's not even the worst problem with Hearthstone. The game has become more and more casualized and imbalanced since the Standard rotation. And frankly, the game is incredibly feature-incomplete; it doesn't even have a game replay system, or a persistent game log.

She's a hag, fuck is wrong with you?

>a bit too skinnyface look like anoressic Jolie
If it wasn't for the dong it would be fine

I baited him with my own bait

Those tits look bolted on, her hair's a mess, she has awful posture, and she's wearing like 6-inch heels. You have shit-tier taste.

I regret posting this now.

No, I mean that's the name of the fetish, hags. She's meant to look like an ugly old woman.
Your taste is absolute garbage user.

lol faggot

I doubt it, they only thing Disney would probably want is the Sports licensing to prop up their struggling ESPN brand

lol no

Only just seen this.. What the fuck are you talking about?

Just seems strange to me.. They've made so many shitty decisions that it seems like they literally think they can get away with anything or they don't care, or even that they want to be destroyed, so the remnants can be amalgamated by something (((larger)))

That's a monster in search thing I think plus with those testicle surely can't stand up walking normally which taking the benis out solve the problem
Naaa they are big cow tits but is made correct
Still monster situation being in the dark and shitty place

Hag for me is a fat ugly witch with crooked nose and moles something a la darkest dungeon. She is not that ugly
although I'm searching for hag fetish and can't find it

Fuck you codemonkey

1.133,00 of her magesty's golden bongs is equal to $860 zog petrobux

bruvna, I think you've put the number the wrong way round through the exchange rate calculator.

Reminder that it was going to take 4,528 hours of gameplay before
Or your options was to pay ~$8400

Oh wow, better delete all these pictures of EA being greedy, wouldn't want anyone to think I love microtransactions.

I'm not suprised if EA wan't to be bought out, but I doubt Disney would buy anything but the EA Sports licencing

Bonus
The year and a half time to go through the game was probably calculated for the time for them to shit out a sequel that will knock you back down to square one

Yea Disney probably wouldn't be that interested except for the sheer amount of licenses available, I just couldn't really think of (((anybody else))) that would want to buy out EA.

Kinda want her to rape me so there is that. She's not a looker though, that's for sure.

I take it you haven't seen gif_author's work before, because if she were any closer it'd be a lot more obvious how ugly she really is.

I could see a piece by piece deal done ala thq

You mean there are more? Can I ask for some gravy?

with benis or without?

Fuck that would be awful.. That fucking sucked way back when it happened to, I remember thinking that it was so sudden and abrupt that it seemed like it could happen to anyone.

both

why the fuck did you have to post that gif user
look at what you've done now

Too late the thread is dead

But user, that's gay. i want to be raped too but without the dong. As I said she will hunt me down in the empty hospital till she find me and let herself pregnant

If I were Jewish, I'd be cumming so hard right now. It'd also probably be hanging from a rope around here, so I guess it would technically be considered autoerotic asphyxiation.

Very good point. I have no counter.on hand.

*sips coffee* nope. More like "Well if i'm going to put a restriction on liquor, and drugs are no more than dangerous, but we shouldn't start a war on them but treat them the same." Honestly doubt regulations would effect Card games since to my knowledge they aren't in the public eye.

Nah, the logic is to treat similar things in similar ways. You're the one that brought them up as a lootbox like item for a defense. You're like a jew that brings the ark of the covenant out to battle and then acts like a little bitch when philistines take it from you. If you don't think their the same, then make the argument. I think i could construct a weak argument while not being part of the hobby. As for sinking the stores… i already pointed out this will actively harm business before you came out with "mah card game". Are children and teens a significant enough part of the community to effect MTG if they can't take part? If hobby shops were making most of their profits from slotmachine, i'm not against restricting who can use those machine based on age.

Correction "Stop them from buying" and in most cases yes, i would say they do considering steam is currently cracking down on patches of all things because they don't want to deal with this issue. As for view, absolutely not. Law relating to porn and the Internet are way to lax for that. iirc on the viewer ship side, you just need to a button that says "Oh ya, i'm totally 18."

Correct, but would that effect legal case?
I don't give 2 shits of parents money getting wasted because they gave them a creditcard with no limit.
mmmkay?….

No comment since i'm bais and have nothing constructive to add.
Wait… you think those things are people?! HAHAHA! What next, legalized voting, ages 1 and up!

Yes, i know you were referencing prohibition. I was pointing out in a post prohibition and post 1960s world, i am still required, as a grown ass adult, to show my ID, and be above a certain age to get liquor. I was also pointing out how this would be no different. Also, i'm going to take a guess, and say the largest group of drunk drivers (per 1000 of course.) would be adults that would be unaffected by 21 or older rule. But hey, if you want to give me a citation on the number of children driving cars while intoxicated in prohibition i'll be impressed. ( i could believe 15+, 21- having a significant number.)

While i disagree, that doesn't mean i am educated enough on the topic to rebuttal but it's a reasonable counter argument all the same.

Again, thank you user.

Question for you. You seem to think if what i'm suggesting got placed into law, something like battle field wouldn't be possible. Is this because you think what is being suggested will prevent Battlefield game from being released because it has a gambling element. or because what i am suggest will go further than what is stated here (Which does seem to be a big concern of yours.)

What would you do with the dicc? It would be flopping around whilst she raped you

I don't, actually, because I don't need a bunch of (You)s to feel validated in my life.

Why does this woman have cream frosting all over her face?

This is the world the Allies won.

simple, I will let it rape me only if there is no benisif there is I'm killing a monster

Because she was fucking Gordon Ramsey.

Cunt I just spend my time here, I don't even play vidya that much these days

well good luck user.if you're inside her though, you might have more trouble getting away if things go wrong

you will never pay 37 times the original price of the car in factory options

he is just baiting user, nobody is that retarded…
That or he is an EA employee

I hope this thread is archived.

its not even the fact that its a good clip or not its about the level access that a normal fag has to the fucking truth and they still just sit there with their fucking slot machine never bothering to reflect on why the fuck they payed over 1000 USD on fucking league skins. its about how fucking god dam transparent this fucking practice is and how normalfags Just DON'T FUCKING GET IT.

You know anons…When jewbisoft made that fucking downgrade with Watchdogs i swore i would never buy any of their games again… And now EA don't fucking downgrade shit but is beginning to sell uber fremium games where you pay until you are done with the game, then some years later, they close the serves and say fuck you very much… This is so low i am not even mad… I am just feeling that playing or buying or even pirating games is just not worth my time anymore…

LMAO

Especially you dumb pretentious prick. Learn the language properly before you say it is gibberish.

大仏。本当に奈良だった。
Large Buddha statue 大仏. Truly 本当に, this is だった Nara (city) 奈良.

There.

Wh…Why is a still from Literally's Wu's shit game at the start of this webm?

I dunno user; what's your best guess?

Oh, I get it. The two are part of the same clip. I thought someone was being a smartass and trying to subliminally mindfuck us all.

The kanji 奈良 is right fucking there and you confused it with なら

If you played any video games past the age of 12, cut your throat.

black

black

black

black

black

black

black

black

black

*sips coffee*

THIS IS A FREEDOM WEBSITE, TORY
BACK TO BONGISTAN WITH YOU

Makes sense, thanks. So far I've only learned kana and now I'm doing some basic sentences - I could translate the latter sentence, but I didn't know the buddha kanji.

t. completely different user

That list is bad:
-Italo Calvino is listed 3 times
-the last book is a shitty novel written by a nobody
-they didn't pick the best books for Leopardi, Verga, Eco and Levi
-what the fuck is Captain Blood
-why would anyone read Michelangelo? He wasn't that good of a writer, Leonardo would make more sense since he was an all-around genius

t. pastaboy

Do the romans have any still existing written works

you are in your place

green black >green black.

Star Wars fans are a lower lifeform than even furries tbh

FREE TO WAIT MOTHER FUCKERS

Why is this thread bumplocked and then thee other anchored. Are mods that fucking retarded?

You can still post here about a shit game that everyone just wants to point and laugh. Stop crying faggot.

Rule 6.

no you can't, that shit takes years with a good wage