Outcast - Second Contact

So… is this worth playing? I missed the original game back in the day.

Other urls found in this thread:

igg-games.com/outcast-second-contact-free-download.html
goodolddownloads.com/?game=1207658853
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

igg-games.com/outcast-second-contact-free-download.html

the only correct answer

1. Unity
2. Not as graphically breaking as original Outcast
3. Even original Outcast had shit gameplay

Yeah, apart from the graphics there wasn't much to the original outcast it seems. This seems like nostalgia bait(like so many kickstarter projects).

(Nice)
There goes my mild interest.

wut? is it out already?
kind of went under the radar

nigger, besides graphics it had an original stargate setting
the world is beautiful and unique and felt alive, incredibly open for its time

we need a new logical fallacy added to the list - the Unity Fallacy

we need a new faggot added to the list - you

I'd just play 1.1 first if I were you then maybe this. It was a respectable job of getting the original compatible on modern systems. It was a real pain in the ass for a long while.

I think the only good unity game I've ever played was Cuphead. Seriously can't think of anything else.

Its pretty good, give 1.1 a try first though.
Hopefully Pathologic 2 turns out good as well.
goodolddownloads.com/?game=1207658853

-Endless
-Strike Suit Zero
-Ori
-Sunless Sea
-Furi
-Subnautica

Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun
Cities: Skylines
Might & Magic X: Legacy

OWTHEEDGE.jpg

Unity as an engine is ass, but there are plenty good games that fell for their bait

I think Furi and Sunless Sea are pretty mediocre and honestly had no idea those other games were made in unity. I played the fuck out of shadow tactics and Cities: Skylines and don't remember seeing anything about unity on them. Maybe my brain suppressed the information because of the usual bad experiences I have with unity.

How old are you?

But apart from Cuphead, Endless, Strike Suit Zero, Ori, Sunless Sea, Furi, Subnautica, Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun, Cities: Skylines, Might & Magic X: Legacy, Rimworld, Kerbal Space Program and Dreadout what has Unity ever done for us?

Give easy acess to dev tools one way or the other.

add Hollow Knight to that list

its a meme game son, and fyi I'm about as old enough to have played Outcast originally

also,

Is it being a meme game really that big of a deal?
I mean it's not this angelic creation a lot of people would lead you to believe but it's enjoyable enough.

Kill yourself cuckchan

Notice how the majority of those are 2D?

Sure thing

What's going on?

Am I still on Holla Forums? When did this happen?

its a meme game because it spread like cancer
the only point to the game was memberries and difficulty for the sake of it

What did he mean by this?

How much of a faggot without an opinion of his own can one be?

>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/resetera/

that is not what I've said, but faggot mentioned cuphead as the only good unity game
you kids need to stop spouting stuff you read on the internet without even giving it a thought a first, go back to school

Not just those:

but also the games mentioned in
and and

Unity works fine for shit that isn't hardware intensive, i.e. 2D or semi-2D games. Anything that requires optimization is out of the question, for example Wasteland 2 (Which ran AND looked like shit) or Empyrion.

this tbh, unity can't produce a game that looks good.

The majority of those are still 3D you absolute fucking retard.
Actually inform yourself about those games instead of spreading misinfo like a meme addict cuckchan redditor.

Pillars is semi-2D, for one. Blades of the Shogun is too. Kerbal is graphically so undemanding it could probably run on a phone.

Holy shit you're retarded

Holy fucking shit, you are legit fuckimg retarded.
Are you a literal nigger?

Blades of the Shogun is fully 3D.

That's not jedi outcast.

Of course not, EA holds the exclusive license to Star Wars.
Are you enjoying Battlefront 2 though?

Aw sith spit.

Which one?

I never went past the first city, i hate games that have weird names for everything, thats just a lazy way to be try to be different

NuFront

I mean wasn't there some outrage about p2w microtransactions? Is it even out yet?
If it either bombs or awake uneducated masses to cancer that is modern AAA games I sure could enjoy witnessing it. Maybe.

Is that Ghost of a Tail(Tale?)? Is it any good?

What do you think?

I don't know shit about the game besides you get to be a cute mouse in heavy armor.

If he doesn't exist anymore then he can't be mishandled

redittor fuck off

Yes, it's worth playing. It's the previous game with a massive graphic overhaul and a much better HUD to boot.
The first game was already pretty fun but the blurry textures and the gruesome HUD were it's major flaws. With that solved, you get a pretty great game.

It's not some incredibly amazing mind boggling experience, rather it's a game with a few original ideas of it's own and it's worth playing it just to try them.

For instance, I loved how the teleporters worked, where you had to drop some stones that you could teleport to later, each one having it's own symbol and you needing to remenber what you dropped where and picking them up if you wanted to re-use them.
There were also bombs and other devices you could use to set up traps with a remote detonator or shooting at it and there was a simple crafting system to give you ammo by exploring the world and interacting with the natives.

It's a game that kinda demands you to learn it's world, the names and their meaning, which is pretty weird at first but it kinda clicks or you just ignore most of it later.
I mean, you don't have to know what a Shamaz is, only that there's Healing Dudes around and you don't need to know the name of every city, just that there's Swamp Town, Desert Town, Water Town, etc.

That said, I think they kept 2 things from the first game: the voices and dialogue are exactly the same (thankfully) but your character is also imbued with the mythical power of strafing, something that allows you to avoid every single shot going your way (your enemies don't lead their shots ever) while allowing you to aim carefully and actually hit people.

It's a fun game. Nothing too amazing, but it's certainly original and unlike a lot of other shit in the market, both then and now.

Why would I play this when I'm already an outcast?

Thanks, I'll probably buy it to support the devs.

just fired up the game to test it out
besides the 2d flash intro sequence, everything is beautifully done
the game features a wonderful soundtrack, and apparently all lowqal original audio remains the same
the main character is also a non-pozz stereotypical badass from those days
and the game has some funny meta, like the gammsavv stone

it apparently also works well with gamepads, I'm testing it now as it I think it will fit the scheme

I really enjoyed 1.1, even if this just a graphical overhaul I might give this a try. It wasn't a masterpiece but there was plenty of stuff that I thought were really neat ideas and there isn't a lot of games like that on PC.

anyway unity has failed me again… apparently they have shit gamepad support and if you deviate from the x360 standard you're boned,
and not only that, x360ce can't save you because they don't use xinput

Cracked me up

Oh wow 1999 is flooding back.

Unity isn't bad. Never blame the tech instead of the devs.

yeah shit, support on anything besides the x360 is pretty shit, normally you could try to emulate it for generic gamepads, but unity3d shit
what I meant though is that the game would work very well with it, it has radial dialog, very few keys to worry about, easy navigation, aim assist
and its exactly the same as the old one, even though it had nothing related with gamepads at the time

unity3d is shit indeed, but there are good games made despite it being shit

after playing what? a few hours
whoa man, memories rush down pretty fast and I start slowly remembering how this game was such a big ground breaker

- for one, it has an amazing big open world, comparable stuff to like skyrim and the witcher of the likes, not as big though but for the time what was possible
- you even have a mountable to ride about, and unlike recent games of the same comparison, you need to take good care of it since it can't magically reappear near you
- again open world point, but a lot of characters to talk and side quest with, but without obvious quest trackers and markers, you got pay attention to what is going on, since there isn't much hand holding
- the enemy AI here isn't shit, it actually always try to find cover from you, and you can creative using stealth or a bunch of tools and traps to ambush enemies
- reputation system both for regions and individuals, best not to go killing everything, seems like there isn't just one path to go with and ultimately you just have to complete your mission

You take that back, faggot.

Outcast had among the best atmospeheres of any video game and had good gameplay.

Alright, alright!

Apart from Cuphead, Endless, Strike Suit Zero, Ori, Sunless Sea, Furi, Subnautica, Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun, Cities: Skylines, Might & Magic X: Legacy, Rimworld, Kerbal Space Program and Dreadout AND Hollow Knight, what has Unity ever done for us?

Strike Suit Zero was absolute garbage.

Strike suit Infinity was less garbage. I actually really liked it.

Outcast is pretty great.

Perhaps. I wouldn't know.

It's basically a score attack Zero. You get dumped in space, get told to wreck mayhem per wave and that's about it. No cringey story or anything. Just you, unlocks and a really fun time in the later levels.

live

It's not bad support, it's a feature to remind you that you still have a mouse.

Everytime someone posts this they either don't give out any specific reason as to why, they mention shit that can be easily changed (the shaders) or they rant about points that don't affect anyone that isn't trying to make anything too esoteric.

And I'll always remind you that Ukrainian Ninja and Revolution 66 were made in Unreal Engine that so many faggots like to hail as a better alternative.
It's mostly the Dev at work and not the tools that dictate the quality of what you make.

You niggers need to find actual pics of your own. We can't keep spoonfeeding you refugees shit.

i've never played this game and have absolutely no nostalgic connection to it. is it worth playing? is it a genuinely fun game?

Yes

i dont believe you.

unity is shit because its a paid engine/devtool with questionable design decisions,
like that time when they were making the move from 32 to 64 bit and it was a shitfest to many games that updated it without giving a second thought
besides that is manages that get really bad performance, it tries to be multiplatform going for both opengl and directx it manages to not be optimal in either
the controller support is another point, it feeds off raw input on windows instead directplay (or whatever the name was), all because of multiplatform again, but eitherway input doesn't on linux as well
there can be many more points which I'm sure only the devs that actually work with it know about

and that is why I've said there manages to be good games despite the bad engine,
and indeed most of the shitty games comes from the free version of unity that allows any fucker to try and develop turds all around the globe
but if you want to know what else could they have done? there are opensource alternatives, and serious devs can branch off and customize to their needs,
plus making their own engine from ground up or paying for some actual decent third party

Pirate it and find out then you stupid fucking nigger, why did you even bother to ask?

do you actually think I've got that from whatever post you made in whatever shitty thread?
you're not the center of the world faggot, and plus points for originality

i wasn't asking YOU.

What's the issue here, that you have to pay money for something? That you have to pay royalties if you're using someone else's work for your own benefit?
You sound like a communist and not a very good one at that since Unity is free unless you're raking in enough profit it's price doesn't matter anymore.

Such as? Besides, the 32bit niggers need to be shot. They are the reason so many games currently run like shit.

Perhaps you're refering the garbage collecting, something that has been solved already? Or maybe you're referening to shit devs not understanding optimization and then blaming it in the tool?
I won't say it has that good performance, especially since Unity does hate notebooks, but it's nowhere near as bad as you make it sound like. It doesn't have to be optimal for OpenGL or DirectX, it only has to not be shit with them and it does so.

So it gets raw info instead of relying on Microsoft property and that's bad for some reason. Wew. Don't forget to buy your Xbox controllers since nothing else on their games anymore unless you use an emulator for the controller.

What a terrible thing, to want your games in more platforms than just Windows. Those Linux fags should just kill themselves, right?

Like I said, it's always complaints about esoteric shit like "garbage collection could be 1.5% faster!" that barely affect the average dev. Unless you're tapping directly into the engine itself using some API, you never encounter any of these problems and about 98% of their userbase fits this description.

Mixing things there, fam. Shit devs are not gonna invest time properly optimizing their game, why would they invest money in their tool?
Devs that bought it however get some neat tools to monitor performance and they often have in their interest to make sure their game runs the best possible in the most platforms to make their investment back at least.
But yet again, it's up to the devs how they use that tool, don't blame Unity for the amount of effort and money someone is or isn't willing to sink in it.

That all are either missing one feature or another, have no documentation or don't achieve the same things. Unity is a full package with just about everything you need to get started and what you make with it will always be better than what you can make with any of those tools without heavily customizing them.

Whenever a dev picks a tool to make a game, he isn't looking for ArchLinux, he is looking for something that works and he goes with Unity because he can jump straight to work on his game.

stopped right there

Moreover it's retarded as 'only' implies he has some INT, 1 would have been more on the nose that 0.

Strike suit zero is the worst piece of shit attempt at a freespace clone I have ever played. Every single faggot that calls that game acceptable should be shot.