WHERE THE UPDATE TOADY

WHERE THE UPDATE TOADY

WHERE THE NEW VERSION

WHERE THE VIDEOGAMES

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/zLG1N
bay12games.com/dwarves/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

When is this nigger going to focus on Fort and nothing else like he should be, adventure modes a shit.

You are what's wrong with the games industry .

But user-sama toady is the savior of gaming.

THEY ARE RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF YOU, YOU, YOU… DOUBLE NIGGER

Dubs of truth, but Fort Mode is getting a lot of goodies as well. Keep in mind he's revamping the way the very worldgen works.

But user, Dota 2 has been updating for the past two weeks

Toady is Deady
Sorry user.

Nice meme, fellow Redditor!

So what is he doing right now? I haven't followed DF in a long time. Downloaded the last version the other day and it suddenly had shit like astronomy and critical thinking skills?!

He's finishing up the next update. Last week he said he just has to fix some handling for the alias stuff, and fixing general issues such as "dwarves being stuck in trees and broken undead tissues."
Unless you mean in general, then he's been working on reworking worldgen to generate artifacts and the ability to send your dwarves off the site to gather artifacts from other places. This is in preparation for the myths and magic work that will be started next.

I meant in general. Sounds pretty cool.

The magic release is what most people are looking forward to, but toady has said a few times it'll be something so big it'll need multiple releases.
archive.is/zLG1N

is he fixing the UI?
is he addressing performance?

I'm amazed people still give a shit about DF after he added homosexuality to it

So the ability to produce legendary artifacts without having to deal with an insane dwarf? I doubt you'll see the expedition, they'll likely disappear in the edge of the screen and arrive a few days later to report the result.
All it's gonna do is give large forts a place to dispatch their bored soldiers so they can artificially increase their wealth without actually creating anything.

So he hasn't even begun with this yet? Because I recall there being temples that you visit and talk with gods.
Although, what is even the fucking point? It seems everyone has their own personal god, the pantheon is as populated as the entire world for whatever reason.

Besides, the fans already did magic with mods, "crafting" fireballs and throwing it at people, even playing with a race of wizards that uses wands instead. It's still shit.

But user! The convuluted AI is a feature, not a bug! Dwarf therapist is for faggots anyway.
What do you want anyway? The ability to see the jobs assigned to every dwarf at the same time on the same screen and being able to toggle them so you can monitor how many you have working in a certain field? That's crazy!

What's wrong with this, it's a part of the world and life in general? It happens every now and then, you might as well be mad that there's hunger and thirst as well.

Only issue there was with that crap was the ratio where he made 30% or so of the world gay, including the animals, when realistically it should be much much lower. 3% or so I think, last I checked.

Is there any way to identify gay dwarves? Does it show up in their description, at least? I'm tempted to get back into the game just to make a torture pit for them. If anything, adding gays has given me an actual goal to work towards; eliminate them all.

YOU BOLT BRAINED BUFFOON
Checked

You can find them with Dwarf Therapist, don't know if you can in the base game though. Faggot dwarves always go on punitive expeditions to fight giant cave spiders with their bare hands in my fort.

What the fuck, do you people flip flip just to go against the grain or what? DF dev has been working on DF for how long now, and suddenly "he ain't to be trusted." Why, cause he added homosexuality to the game?

What the fuck does it matter that they added it? I honestly don't see the issue. A good part of the population of a fort wouldn't breed anyway, all that's changed is that now they IDENTIFY as being gay. It may have been part of the game all along, but never displayed, for the purposes of subtle plot. But are you really going to throw away a beloved game that you've sunk hundreds or even thousands of hours into just because they added a meaningless fluff feature? Homosexuality exists, including in nature, it's a real phenomena that doesn't just affect humans. So what's the problem?

Welcome to imageboards. Now go back.

Where's my mouse support and vector graphics? Until those arrive, i am not playing.

Hows rimworld for someone who already played DF vanilla to hell and back? I noticed you stop getting invaded after a certain number of years and it's boring as fuck.

Go back where? To other threads? This is the only website I've browsed for the past 3 years. Quit jumping at the [fill your current obsessive fear here] Bogeyman. It's a valid concern, that you instantly jump at "MAN FUCK THIS GAME" because of shit that you can safely ignore without issue.

It's a decent alternative. It doesn't come close to the amount of stuff in DF but I enjoy it.

to whereever you dont look like a giant bitch when you respond to a go back post

You sound like a right faggot, I hope a drawbridge falls on you.

You send dwarves on a mission and they'll try to complete it and come back with the report, yeah. If you take artifacts from another civilization they'll get pissed so it's a way to force invasions as well.
I'm not sure how the new system will handle stuff like that but the myth stuff will be reworked to involve creation myths and such, I actually haven't been paying much attention to the myth stuff toady is planning on doing, since it's pretty uninteresting compared to magic.
Magic, he plans on allowing players to set the magic level on world generation and magic proficiencies should differ between each world gen as well. For example, some worlds will be better at teleport than others, and this is something toady wants to affect stuff like economy when he finally gets back to that. Magic isn't just going to be crafting fireballs, but I'm not really sure what he meant when he described it as an entity that you interact with that has moods.

next you'll say mods will fix it

honestly, I feel sorry for you faggots. It must suck having one of your favorite games get compromised

I hope a Beast God invades your fort and corrupts all of your master dwarfs.

reminded me of pic related

Toady just needs to admit to himself that this game is too much for one man to make.
He should sell it to a company that has good track record and can throw a whole team on it.
A company like Microsoft or EA.

Actually, hypothetically speaking, what game company could we actually trust with Dwarf Fortress?

You're right, cause he's already got (you).

Only game company I "trust" is FromSoftware, and they kinda been letting me down with how their adoption of DLC goes. There are no heroes left in vidya, don't trust a company.

paradox

The autism god calls me and i heed his call, how do i get into this game?

I have been outkiked

Watch tutorial plathroughs and binge-read the wiki.

Basically it's a real fall down and get back up again type of game, the "fun" has to be conquered, you need to be brutal and unapologetic. It's got a steep learning curve and a very high skill ceiling, and even a "master player" can lose a fort in a bad situation. But if you're willing to put in the time, and can get behind the lackluster interface using just a keyboard, the game will yield silly stories to tell people for years.

Google Boatmurdered for an example.

Download the Total Newb Pack. Ironically, mods actually make this game easier.

How is that ironic?

Will do, thanks

Probably compared to modern games such as Skyrim and Nu-COM where the only way to be challenged was to mod the game.

Ah, I tend to avoid thinking about *those* games.

I don't even think of DF as a game anymore, Toady is a mad scientist/artist creating something outside the scope of video games. It will never be 'complete' because that isn't its purpose, it exists for Toady to continue creating. Hell, isn't Dwarf Fort in some ~video game museum~ now for its autistic detail?

It's fun. The scope far smaller, the AI by default only wanting you to have about a dozen colonists, but in exchange you have far more control over them and each is an individual in meaningful ways. If the best stories from Dorf fort come from the rise and fall of fortresses, the best of Rimworld is what happens to individuals. Even if it isn't your cup of tea, the ease of use and understandability make it a great way to bring people into the genre, then introduce DF as "like Rimworld but with x, y, z, and a trillion other things."

I had no issue with getting into DF and I never used any mods, and I play with text graphics.
Maybe it's because I'm a lego autist, but I think what strikes people is how it's normally their first ASCII game.

Not a single one. This is the kind of game that can ONLY be made by one person.

My personal favorite theory on Dwarf Fort is that Armok is actually Khorne and Tzeentch working on a side-project, which is blasting Squats back to the stone age on a planet surrounded by a Warp Storm. Give the Dorfs minimal resources, tell them to survive, and wipe the slate clean any time they all die, for the sole purpose of creating a planet-wide species of insane Squats that will eventually wipe out all other life, industrialize their own planet, develop Warp-Travel, and escape the warp as a force of chaos-worshipping Dorfs. Best 40k faction ever.

Same. The hardest part for me had nothing to do with the interface. It was more about resource management and getting my military to not act retarded. I unironically think the ASCII graphics are beautiful. I wish I could explain how, but you either get it or you don't.

I can play with the ascii comfortably, but it's still nice to spruce it up a little, you know?

You don't need a full tileset or graphics pack, but colored backgrounds, more color range on displayed tiles, maybe walls, etc

If it comes down to it, there's always Gnomoria, it's a real pale in comparison as a Dwarf clone. Anyway, that image aside, do NOT play the game on a green tone monitor, that shit's ugly.

None of them, that's the whole point. That's why only Toady and that one other autist ever worked on it. Toady is the only guy autistic enough to ensure the integrity of the game. I do wish he would get someone to redo the whole interface though. The military shit is a joke and a massive chore. Every time I restart a new DF game after seeing an update I have to re-figure out how it works. Not to mention you have to go to at least 3 or 4 different interface screens (burrows, scheduling, alerts, etc) to even get your military to do things.

I think of Armok as the player.

You're underestimating Tzeentch user. The moment he would teach dwarves sorcery Khorne would fly into a rage and they would be using the dwarves to fight each other at that point. Assuming Tzeentch didn't just completely subvert Khorne first. Tzeentch is the biggest asshole of all the Chaos gods. Khorne is bloodthirsty but he is also predictable and even has a savage sort of honor code.

Same here. What kind of cruel asshole makes his people go dig for adamantine when he knows demons are there? Oh, the God of Blood, that's who.

When is toady gonna add disabilities, I mean, besides sexual deviancy?

I mean can't your dwarfs technically have their arms cut off and shit? Is that not deformity?

No, I don't think so.

by the most abstract, semantic definition of deformity, yes.
But I'm referring to 'genetic deformities, which you should've been able to realize from the context of what I was saying

But I don't see why you would really care about that. Do you want all of your asses to be lame? What if your cat has scholiosis and can't breed with the other cat and your cat population dies at the onset?

Procedural generation and random generation can fuck you over in so many ways.

I'd love for a lack of genetic diversity in remote civilizations to lead to inbreeding-related physical deformities.

You're a lame ass.

Just use a probability distribution
But anyways the point is that disabilities/deformities would be interesting in terms of genetics, like for example what if eventually in your world every dwarf has a mutation that causes them to grow slightly bigger or have a certain mental disability that reduces their tolerance to stress

Get on my level, n00b.

Okay, maybe it would be an interesting feature.

They are even among text games, most of them are really bad with conveying images with text but DF does it beautifully.
Even if it's not really a text game because it uses a bunch of text characters and a few custom textures (see: ores, dwarves).

It best he does not do that until he is finished with other stuff.

There's nothing wrong with that as long as he didn't add it for the purposes of forcing it down your throat. It can lead to some interesting story developments in the worldgen if he does it right sex scandals and stuff would be interesting to read about from the Legends perspective.

Also this gives you the ability of persecuting homosexuals in so that's also a plus.

YOU SAID THERE WOULD BE AN UPDATE

It would be an unpozzed mechanic if fags spread GRIDs and had bouts of insanity.

Aren't infections and symptoms transmitted on contact anyways?

Dwarves are just fat midgets. This whole game is about disabled communes.

No, Dwarves are Alcoholic Scottish Jew-midgets. Get your labels right.

If they died from an illness before I could launch them into a beast pit, then what would I do with my beast pit?

What's the difference between a fag dwarf and an elf?
besides height

Well shit, I forgot about knife ears.

heehhhhh

Holy shit, just imagine having a mayor making demands like that.

I can see it now

There is now.

All Dorfs are alcohol powered walking deformities.
At least he could add electricity with homos.

Considering how long it took him to add half of the shit in the game I'd say somewhere between now and 2050.

Homosexuality is pointless as long as reproduction still happens via spores.

Nu-Holla Forums desperately tries to be edgy and doesn't shy away from historical revisionism.

Whoa, that soon?

I'm an optimist.

Please die in a fire.

Is there a mod that lets you buy soap off trading caravans? Making it at home is such tedious bullshit.

Toady talking about debugging and "manifesting" as a god got me thinking.
Toady should make worldgen more RP-oriented, or atleast allow the player to interact in some basic ways as a "god" during.
Maybe add the ability to play as specific characters from the legends, including gods.
pic unrelated, just posted it because i know you faggots read posts with pics more often

still, 90% of the time they're born with anything overly significant will probably just make them an an unnecessary liability, especially if some dorfs emotionally rely on them, so you can't really *just* kill them off. Besides, they'll most likely fall into a friggin lava pit before they even grow up

You've got no imagination, man.

Shaking my head to be honest. There is no biological case for homosexuality to exist, there are many psychological ones.

You can one shot the hardest enemies in the game on lolgendary difficulty using crafting and be almost immune to damage while you do it. Not even exploity crafting mind, the normal ceiling of quality for craftable gear within the enchanting/alchemy/smithing system. Fuck off Todd.

every single update it's the same thing. everyone complains that toady won't release the update. then he releases and it's full of bugs and everyone complains about the bugs and the fact that he should have waited for a few months to fix these bugs

I read a Sci-fi short story from 2012 where the gay gene exists, and faggot scientist and his South American husband find a way to cure it using gene therapy in order to keep gays free, but the plot twist is that Gay Anal lining is like a super-ovary that's extra fertile and getting a baby in your ass has a high chance of giving birth to twins, triplets, or higher, and the rapidity of the gay birth rate leads to an end that the fag and his 17 children are going to out-breed the straight population.
Does that count?

how do you guys explain homosexuality in mammals other than humans?

Were you erect throughout reading this?

Nah, I was tired and it had been a long day, and I wasn't too interested in the story anyway, so I was lying down, not standing when I was reading it.

Oh, this is a case where Mormonism actually makes sense for once. Homosexuality, degeneracy, etc, are part of what Mormons call "The Natural Man." Basically it takes the highest form of man's potential and intellect to forego the base desires of the world, an uphold true ideals and values, such as loyalty and dedication to one's spouse, foregoing addictions and deviant urges, and becoming the ideal self.(contrary to popular belief, Mormons are monogamous nearly to the point of celibacy)

Toady is still around. Are you sure you're not thinking of Frogger?

The problem is the lack of a complimentary mechanic by which the other dwarves organize to hunt, catch, torture, kill, and display the remains of such undesirables.

I wish Toady added the ability to take one of your dwarves and use him in adventure mode as well as the ability to start a fortress with an adventure Which would mean gathering a team of initial fortress dwellers. Shit would make the Adventure mode and Fotress mode more related to each other in a very good way.

ow the edge

They're probably bored, horny and no-one is fucking them just like human faggots.

Sex is a choice, you choose to fuck women or men (or whatever), you choose to make the effort to fuck them or not, it's not forced on you to go stick your dick in anyone and being a freak doesn't mean you have to act on it.

Remember that fag who filmed his hick parents chewing him out when he told them he was a faggot then they disowned him? What did he expect? What fucking business is it of theirs anyway? Why did that faggot tell them he likes manass/dick? It's got nothing to do with them, it's his choice, they never needed to know. Gays/Bi/Trannies have a bizarre impulse to shove their sexuality down everyone else's throat when they'd be far happier and more accepted if they kept that disgusting shit to themselves.

Ludeon Studios, so we can get Rimfort

just put the fags in your army as fodder like everyone else.

Plus if you start having a hard time, use conjuration. The difficulty slider only affects the player and their summons still work fine.

Ah, the wonders of Dwarf Fortress…

Did you sing it for the Queen in the King's presence?

Never, he's said himself that he cares muc hmore about the interactive storytelling and worldbuilding than the gameplay.

The update is out now.
bay12games.com/dwarves/

I wish I could unread your post.

HALLELUJAH

He's right though. Fuck you can also use chain magic to kill just about anything with no effort.

Does he have to adapt every release so it runs on loonix or something?

he needs a linux computer to compile the newest version, ncurses is easier to compile on linux than windows so he probably doesn't adapt anything

That's kind of a meme. It's easy unless you go out of your way to make it difficult by being careless. All you really have to do is be nice to the other races and kill some goblins sometimes, get fishing and farming, don't go very deep until you have some legendary warriors, and get a decked out dinning room. And you're essentially set for life.

Boatmurdered is funny, but it's not how the game usually goes.

you only play on calm woodlands don't you?

It depends on where you want your fortress to be user. You put it in a calm place, you are generally safe, put it in a dangerous area, you have more shit to take care of.

It doesn't run in a console, does it?
I remember trying it out and thinking it was retarded to have a text game like this that doesn't run on a console.

Actually no
It's always easy enough to bunker down even if things are looking bad

The only thing that can really fuck you up is if you are near necromancers.
But even then the worst that usually happens is they fuck up migrants.
There are few sizable threats to the actual stability of the fortress.

If you go slow and take your time you should have enough decent warriors to face bigger problems with ease when they finally get triggered to show up.

So do gay dwarves rape children and turn them gay like irl?

can someone report this bug on the forums? i don't have a account. i barely started my fort and elfs keep visiting every second, it doesn't seem to be stopping any time soon

it's a known bug. Those elves are all spies sent to gather info on artifacts.

what can i do for this to stop? or i just have to accept the inevitable

murder them
murder them all

Kill them

nice

i'm planning on making a simple drowning room. is there a way for me to make them go to a room? i could make a tavern on the room but my dorfs are also going there

easiest way would be to set up a bridge that raises over where the elves are congregating. Mass a haul job to keep dwarves occupied and pull the lever

agreed

they are congregating outside my fortress, i'm going to make a tavern and hope that they all go there

IT'S SHOWER TIME, MY ELF FRIENDS

aftermath

What the fuck is this nerd shit?

This is the high fructose corn syrup of bait

WHAT THE FUCK TOADY

I just started a fort and my expedition leader and trader/marksdwarf are lesbian lovers.

Nice.

On linux you can run it with graphics mode set to curses.
I used that to play it on my phone over ssh.

This is one of the lesbians.

NICE.

I don't think you understand.

The queen is a short fatass, and her lover is built like a brick shithouse. Both of them have auburn hair and "dark peach" skin.

I knew a couple of gals from Fetlife like that once. Never let them use my toilet after that first time.

Steel throne, then. Gotcha.

Before Lesbo Axewound became queen, a goblin lasher survived a 25 Z-level drop unscathed onto solid rock. (Three others did not.)

On his way up the stairs, he killed a human swordswoman - the wife of a human bard who'd been performing in the fort for some time. They have seven children together, somewhere that isn't my fort.

I don't think he's ever performed anything about his wife's grisly death.

Asking here since the other thread is in autosage. Anyone got pictures of fort entrances? Because I've realized I'm getting complacent and carving out the entrances of my various forts the exact same way, and I want to vary it up a little.

This is why you build spike and/or weapon traps at the bottom of every pit, nigga.

I need to go bigger. If only liquids could work like water or magma. Then I could could have the vast unground lake of elf milk.

Do you have the edits to remove homosex? It's one of the reasons I have been away from DF.

That and the fact that I am waiting for the next release.

Seconding request.

How retarded does someone have to be to not know how to edit the raws? Do it yourself.

If all your dorfs don't look like this after a year, you failed

Why havn't we got draw threads on some of these descriptions?

Because drawfags avoid Holla Forums like it was a Malaysian.

REJECTED
REJECTED
REJECTED
REJECTED
WHAT THE FUCK

So when is the new version getting to gentoo's repositories?

Y'know, I think the way the term "autistic" gets used for anything and everything here is really autistic.

Confirmed for never playing it on a real difficulty instead of "this game is too fucking easy on very easy bethesda sucks ererereeeeeeeeeeeeeeee".

Does it crash the game or do you get a finished world eventually? If it's any consolation Toady said he's working on fixing the Linux version as a priority.

What is this thread even about?

The best sort of autism PC players can find.
I'm thinking of getting a 360 and hard-modding the drive to have a Linux Distro just so I can say that I played Dorf Fort on a console. It'd probably be shit. Should I go through with it?

Pick one or it will be extremely painful…

Fine, I'll just wait for someone to finally crack XBone software and make it handle standard Windows 10 programs. How much does an XBone go for these days? $25?

I… what… why….. I mean wait, if… but how would… you'd have to… would that even….

Finish your sentences you inbred nigger.

XBone runs on a modified Windows 10 kernel, and the 360 had a Linux hardmod.
PS2 has one too, and PS3 devs have an experimental Linux VM they can use. 3
Linux.nds is also a thing, and a modified distro for Linux is designed to work on Android Architecture, meaning the PS Vita can run it as well.
Wii-Linux is also a thing.
The rabbit hole goes very, very deep my friend.
As to what you can actually do with the of them… mostly play Doom, given the specs of each device, though an SSH/telnet relay for Dorf Fort is easily possible on most of them.

Anyone seen them? I am too lazy to do it myself just to see approximate date of bugfix release.

Uh, dude, for the first 4 years of its existence, there was this little, tiny thing called OtherOS that shipped on every single PS3, whose removal immediately caused the homebrew community to crack the fuck out of the previously unbroken PS3 like the wrath of god.

Oh, and while XBOne hasn't been cracked to this extent yet, PS4 has been cracked wide open to the extent of Linux running with full hardware access and device drivers for over a year now.

So you have never played the actual fucking game then? Eat shit you can combo chain just about any enemy to death in less than a few spells at most.

Trannies next update?
lack of kids is good though but I prefer limiting them in Masterwork UI

What would the difference even be?

These tree niggers keep finding new ways to disgust me.

You know the old saying.

it did finish eventually

These are too much fun to make

Now that brought back some memories. I miss doing those Xom game threads back then on old /tg/.

>Not wanting to find out your cute kobold boytoy cockslut is actually a disgusting whore of an elf

FUCKING SHIGGY

not everyones a shallow easily triggered stormnigger sorry

The bright side: She got married. I made her the champion so she can teach instead of fight.

The bad news: See image

You're doing Armok's work, user. Keep it up.

Thank you, have two more.

t. queer genderfluid redditors