Nioh thread

Last one on page 13.

Other urls found in this thread:

cpubenchmark.net/compare.php?cmp[]=804&cmp[]=825
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I keep getting raped hard, even with the Fire Guardian Spirit

I haven't really looked into the twilight missions as of yet. What's the gist?

Just harder versions of normal missions, with different enemies/placement. They give special rewards too.

no mouse support

How is damage calculated in this game? Even normal enemies seem to deal huge amounts of damage, I took an arrow and it chopped at least 1/6th of my health bar. I went to fight that blob monster boss at the ruined temple/port village/whatever and it does some mega laser attack that could kill me in a single blow. What the fuck.

Depends on the damage type, but defense matters a ton

I like this meme.

Not even the menus support mouse, it's no meme, it's a disgrace.

That meg laser is suppose to kill you in a single blow. You can't tank it or block it, you have to dodge.

Enjoying those built in microtransactions for your "cinematic" experiences?

You could stack elemental resist and bath in it like a boss.

It's a PC game, not a DOS game. This characteristic demands mouse support. Even the shitty port of Dark Souls supported mouse, however badly.

Probably not when you first encounter that boss though, unless you've been grinding and reforging at nigh autistic levels.
I sort of wish they had added a giant Mudman and giant blood umibozu as a boss for a bonus stage.

The moment you start the game you can safely pick up your gamepad and keep it in your hands until you close it. Anything outside of that is unnecessary.

Not for anyone wanting to play with a keyboard and mouse. No, a controller isn't mandatory for these games.

fuck off retard

Still the best meme.

Are you also of the opinion that NFS payback not supporting steering wheels is the way to go because it works with a controller?

Tell that to all the people who beat dark souls with mouse and keyboard. They may be limited with controllers in mind, but that does not impede you to play them with more buttons.

How is the multiplayer community for Nioh doing? Has it blossomed yet?

Shit son, I can't wait.

im of the opinion that you should fuck off with your annoying whining already

I yo ho ho'd my copy but it looks like the Nips cant into matching and are still patching/fixing that stuff.

No. This game's PC port does not support MOUSE and it's EA tiers of retarded.

You're going to love them. They're one of the tougher foes in the game and they have a big moveset too.

If multi ever takes off I'm going to get this again for my PC. I really wanted to to try co-op and pvp but I flat out refuse to buy a PS+ membership.

WOAH WOAH WHOA user. That's pretty strong words. Have you seen the latest EA thread?

Tell that to all the people who beat dark souls with a guitar hero controller. They may be limited with controllers in mind, but that does not impede you to play them with less buttons.

Like pottery

Do you think I have a problem with that? It sounds like a cool feat.

Being so lazy with your port that you can't even bother to program basic mouse input and then selling your game at full price, one year after it has been on consoles, is EA tier. That is not even mentioning the glaring performance issues the port has, it runs like shit.

The point is "people beat X game with Y extremely suboptimal peripheral, therefore Y should be supported!" is a meme-tier argument.

this is how you sound

jew

poorfag is mad his 2012 laptop can't handle a new game

Granted it's old, but an overclocked 2500k is not a laptop CPU by any means. Protip from someone who actually knows his shit, CPU bottlenecks for games are usually a bad sign if you're not running realistic simulations.

Post your gear and your spirits or whoever you transformed William into.

you have a 4c4t cpu in a game designed for 8 cores. Get your 2012 laptop out of here, poorfag. Even consoles have better specs than your shit.

In what way exactly, genius? Do explain. What about SHITTY PORT is hard to understand? This CPU runs GTAV like a charm and that game has way more shit going on at any one time than a dark souls clone.

kid, stop.

In my experience, it actually runs pretty well. Main issue is that I can't get past the fucking tutorial because it crashes every time I shoot something.

Boy, Nioh stutters idling on the main menu.

time to upgrade.

No, and also the minimum requirements is a 4C4T CPU.

haven't been accurate since the 90s.

Your CPU doesn't even meet the minimum requirements. cpubenchmark.net/compare.php?cmp[]=804&cmp[]=825

Isnt the tutorial optional? I'd be worried if the main game still gives you those crashes.

The graves in this game are just the best.

It tends to crash a ton whenever I kill an enemy that's at a different elevation than me. Or when quickly changing elevation. The spiral staircase in The Demon King Revealed has my top spot for hardest boss in the game.

They released a patch a few hours ago that claims to have fixed shit with the matchmaking. I haven't tried co-op at all, so I have no idea if it actually did or not.

Truly a console audience.

kill yourself faggot

Call me when you meet the minimum requirements and we'll talk. Until then, just stop, you're embarrassing the fuck out of yourself.

It supports Keyboard, it just doesn't support mouse. Who plays these games without camera control? Do you really think they weren't being lazy with this? Why are you defending this shitty port? Are you at least receiving a wage?

more than you considering my PC doesn't have hardware from 2010 in it

Since your PC is 7 years old, I have to assume that you're not in the best financial situation. My recommendation would be to eat beans, beef, and rice for a month, and scrimp and save until you can buy a nice ~$40 gamepad.

Ah yes, all those NFS payback poorfags that can't afford a controller and are shit out of luck because their wheels that cost hundreds of dollars don't fucking work.

kill yourself any time

How is it shifting goalposts? PC game doesn't support MOUSE = driving game doesn't support WHEEL.

I am loving the weapons/stances though, god damn

It rhymes

you can go too

user I…

Is it just me or did cryptoprimate fuck up big time?

What do you mean.

Just hit nick her health when she flies with ranged and tries to combo you with legs/umbrella
Save up Spirit Guardian till shes at half and you're game, just be sure to avoid her grabbing attack.

I don't get the relevance of the screenshots

Take the skill that lets you ki burst while dodging, it unlocks for all weapons for the specified stance and it's especially a lifesaver against Hino-Enma.

I'm loving the game so far but fuck me if it isnt annoying that I can't quit the game and come back to where I left off like in DS. Being restricted to autosaves and shrines seems oddly restrictive when I just want to close the goddam game.

here (you) go champ,back to >>>/4chan/ now

Its the same guy
Any PC port, anything Steam, anything exclusive to PC, he'll be there derailing the thread.
It won't even surprise me if this is him falseflagging again

Theres an item for that

So this game is on the PC and doesn't support mouse?

it's funny, I usually see those screenshots along with that shitposter you're talking about. Fairly convinced you're the same person just ID hopping.

How does that make even a lick of sense?

yeah, you're a platform war nigger.

Ironically it seem both of you are the same person.

So there are a bunch of steam reviews complaining about lack of mouse support, does it really not work with mouse? I need to know before I waste my money.

ebin

Are you mentally ill?

No mouse support
The port is barebones but still decent
Game is good

Ok then, I'll pass. Controllers and cameras are not for me, unless it has a locked camera function.

What are all the effects of the onmyo magic power stat ? I'm really liking this power but I'd like to know how worth it it is to fully invest.

all of those give special items right? I got pic from fighting the revenant from your first screenshot, it was actually stupid easy I guess they are half a joke by the devs

I'm just saying, platform wars always shitpost with these same pictures:

might want to change your MO if you don't want to be caught.

Sadly you can't get their six shooters.

From what I played seems to only be Damage if you use an attack spell and Duration if you imbue your sword/yourself for elemental damage/defense.
There are also stat caps on the Dojo training mission which you'll have to complete to get better skills.

Feels good
Stay triggered by Mount & Blade and S.T.A.L.K.E.R lad.

Guy, at the same time the guy fucked off the thread got spammed by anti PC console war shit just like the laptop nigger does.
You see those images in the threads I spot his blatant shitposting, sometimes days later nothing else.

sounds like it conveniently follows you around. yeah, you're the same person.

The magic power also determines how much the healing talismans heal and the amount the steel talisman gives as a buff. I assume that it increases the time of debuffs as well but I can't be sure.

That isn't me, I am a legitimate user who was intereated in a good console game but ended up being served by the mandatory shitty console port of the year. Looks like Koei cannot be trusted with PC game developmwnt.

Yeah, I went 15 magic to unlock everything and found that a summon guardian talisman kinda wrecked shit with the sabertooth tiger, so I'm considering maining this.

Yeah, I'm totally contributing to this thread so I can console war post and derail

You deserve a permanban, especially for shitting up the Meta thread

Aren't those rare as fuck and heal all your health though?
Or are you talking about the Elixirs?

Nice, still at 12 magic but I'll catch up after I beat this fucking blob

(checked)
Not at all, look up the oasis and rejuvenation talismans in the omnyo magic tab, they do cost a decent amount of skill points to unlock.

Fuck, well that's a shame, are there any interesting items to get from these revenants? besides the skins I mean

(checked)

What? Stop being paranoid.

Healing Omnyo
The fact that the skill window is so small and you have to scroll countless times down makes it a pain to catch skills like that.
Thanks

I heard you can play online with a pirated version of this, is that true?

What do wind, water and earth effects do?

Where'd you get that mask, fam? I want a cool mask to go along with my ninja build too. The jutsu spirit attack is poop but the bat has good ninja focused stats. Otherwise the pikachu doggos are my favourite.

Wind lowers attack, water defense, earth I don't know.

This is the first game I've played on console first which later came to PC, it's weird to see pretty much 1-1 discussion on this.

Speed?

Fox masks drop from the omnyo mage enemies wearing the masks, they are definitely in the DLC areas but I can't remember if the early omnyo mages have them. Also earth causes someone to take double ki and lightning lowers attack speed and movement speed.

yeah I'm pretty lost on that one too, even if you are a retard who wants to run a 2017 game on 2010 hardware.

double ki damage*

Japan no good with computers.

No, that's lightning.

I guess, it did take them 3 dark souls games to finally make one that could be considered a decent port.

PC was the objective best version of 2 though. Not that it meant much.

Why?

The third one was objectively the best version from a technical standpoint, it was just more graphically intensive. It had zero performance issues outside Firelink (but I bet that problem existed in the consoles as well) and the PC controls were as good as it can get. Meanwhile in DaS2 they made the weird decision to delay attacks from mouse clicks.

For responses from easily baited niggers.
Filter and report the mouse faggots.

Don't start this argument again.

Because the range of motion in my entire arm is greater than the range of motion in my least articulated finger regardless of how the game is designed.

port apologist fags are the worst

But nioh was designed around two graphics options and variable frame rates even on console.

Butthurt. Gotcha.

None of that is the case, Mouse support false flagging derailers need to fuckoff just like the
Faggots need to fuckoff

>mfw Demon Dance for tonfas
WHAT DOES IT DO?

yep, targets 60 in one mode, 30 and below in another.

Have you ever considered people just want to play games the way hey are used to?

Special hats.
One of these days I'm going to have to make a guide featuring all of them and where to get them. It's been on my to do list.

It has i-frames and sets you up for a new combo or a special move if you unlock it.

Oh also glory itself can be spent on emotes and on a weapon/armor lottery at the teahouse.
Which reminds me. At some point you will get two or three paintings as mission rewards for a certain sub mission. These can be consumed for amrita but DON'T do that. As long as they are in your inventory Danjo will ask you if you want to hang them in the teahouse to change the decor. Just a little easter egg.

That was a pretty good level, shame the boss was a double team.

This is my favorite sub level, it just narrowly squeezes out the three gods' shrine level and fox town.

reminder Kusarigama is singlehandedly the best weapon

reminder you're correct

Just beat Magoichi Saika. Pretty good boss, especially considering he has fire pits.
But this is shit like this that makes me pity the user who plays Nioh without knowing shit about the Sengoku era.

this area gives me 31 fps on an i5 2500k, 970 gtx
its fucking static lighting what the fuck are they doing? pls fix

You're below the minimum requirements, user. You should be happy you can even play at 30fps on minimum settings.

you're missing half of the cpu cores you should have. don't cry when your framerate halves the target.

are you faggots blind? who gives a fuck about requirements? look at the damn picture. it looks like pubg and runs just as bad. why would this shit require 8 cores?

fucking end your life

im running it at 1080p 60fps on an AMD FX8120, sucks to be you user

Because its not just rendering what you can see and your CPU is outdated to all hell
i5 3570K here, 60 locked

The hell are you talking about?

I think you replied to the wrong person. We have IDs here.

W O R S E T H A N C O N S O L E

maybe you shouldn't have fell for the fucking intel meme. this nigger: at least has an appropriate CPU.

Apparently you can make Nurikabe leave by whistling.

Good to know, thanks.

I'm running it on an X4 850 and getting 60 fps in all but a few select areas (that temple room full of statues just after the first fight with Nue drops me to around 40).

Ironic
Also, my 3570K has quad cores and the game runs fine.
Performance per core is more important than core number.

I think it changes, I've gotten them to leave by threatening and taunting, but it doesn't work sometimes.

Nurikabe can be made to leave by performing yellow, red or blue gestures. Each one has a preferred color of gesture and you get two shots at it, so you've a 2/3 chance of getting it right.

(checked)
depends on the game. most console ports are optimized and targeting 4 cores. If you don't have 4c8t at least, your IPC is going to have to keep up. Your 3570k is going to start being a blemish in 2 years. If anyone buys a quad core for future builds at this point, they are an idiot, just like if anyone bought a dual core in 2012.

It depends on the nurikabe. Some respond well to blue gestures, others to yellow, and others to red.

Well yeah, you exceed the minimum requirements. I don't see anything ironic about that.

Not just whistling they vary taunts
Still, I've only fought a single one since I've gone around them countless times either by forgetting or not seeing them.
We really need an FOV mod or Koei to add a slider.

Where did all these nu male faggots who accept shitty ports and shit on kb+m come from? Back to cuckchan/reddit.

Well they weren't so autistic in the previous thread so take that as you will.

if you are expecting console ports to embrace pc standards, especially ports from japan, you need to go back to never because there was never a point where ports from console to PC didn't have some sort of issue.

You're getting your bogeymen confused. Reddit, specifically PCMR, insist on M/KB controls for games specifically designed for gamepads. Cripple/v/ is perfectly happy using a gamepad for gamepad games, and m/kb for m/kb games.

Can you fight red revenants only once? Just fought this one and didn't get the helmet. Feels bad, man.

Nurikabe reacts to your emotes, usually, there is a clue nearby on which emote type you need to do to make nurikabe leave peacefully. Look for nearby Revenants and their "Cause of Death".

at this point I'm not so sure. A happy separation is required and faggots bleeding the lines, hanged.

So special hats, cant you get them again and better versions of them in NG+? Or are some things restricted to NG
Otherwise whats the point of autistically collecting them now

Not shitting on KB+M but Action RPGs, especially ones like this are better played on a controller, you're crippling yourself on purpose using KB+M exclusively for a game like this, however I would have liked mouse support for the ranged weapon aiming though

you should have a gamepad by now if you are a PC gamer. The excuses ran dry 5 years ago.

Funnily enough it was in 2012 that I upgraded my CPU to a Quad core after 5 years.
Still using it now

Go >>>/newfag/

Nobody is shitting on M+KB though
Its the bare minimum, not really shit

We've come full circle.

I haven't really found all of the special masks but if you want to increase the rarity of an item you can use the abyss, but that won't really be useful until the NG+ cycles.

You know who still sues the trem "cripplechan"?
Cuckchanners

Whats the best controller, I still use my old wired 360 since it always felt the nicest to used but i've never tried any PS controller on PC. I would use a switch pro controller if I could get it to sync with the PC unironically one of the best controllers i've ever used

He will always be in our hearts.

Who are you quoting?

So after testing it seems power pills scale with ninjutsu power. Looks like it makes chain and sickle too good. How do other builds compare to dex 99?

Did you light all 3 fires? It's easy without trash mobs.

ps4 pad. mayflash makes adapters for wii u pro and shit, so maybe switch pro will be supported eventually.

The Xbone one

Indeed
Without him none of us would be here

Fuckoff
>>>/cuckchan/

Dualshock 4 is shit
DS3 is a much better controller than it

this tbh
the game as is is solely designed around a controller button layout and playing it with m/kb would be awkward at best
I imagine dynamic stance combos being an absolute nightmare on m/kb without completely changing the control scheme

all in all playing an action adventures with m/kb is as retarded as playing FPS with a controller, not owning a controller in current year plus two is the equivalent of having a mouse without a scroll wheel in 2004

Im using a DS3 because muh analogue face buttons perfect for emulation

Oh you.

he's a well known thread derailer here.

Xbone gamepad is legit the best though, no joke
Aside from batteries of course, but rechargeable ones exist.

Stay a retard

Yes, I did light the 3 fires
But the limited elixirs and his second transformation now one hit killing me with his slam attack even before I can kill the other slimes is making it tricky

just plug it in to your computer.

Wait, people actually find the second form difficult? The laser on his first form I could understand, but his second form telegraphs so god damn hard.

I'll remind you that we have IDs here, friend.
This is some next level shit.

He telegraphs a million times harder in the 1st form. his second one takes up most of the arena and his moves hit everywhere.

99 body and the spear turns most spear players into charging bulls thanks to a certain skill.

ds3 is a good option, ds4 is also good, but anything microsoft is embarrassing. I'd get it if you're really scraping by and see a $20 pad or something, but it's a real you get what you pay for situation. Either spring the $40 on a good pad or accept your shit and don't try to pass your shit around to anyone else.

True, my 360 and DS3 are also wired

Laser is easy as fuck to dodge aside from that one thats done right after the Fishing Boat.
All his moves in this form are easy as hell to dodge, you just have to run in one direction for the most part.
Second form is much harder and you have to actively dodge unparriable moves.

You're so new it hurts, go fellate Sony somewhwere else, I'd rather buy a decent third party than the DS4

What the fuck are you even talking about?

I need that

aight I'll try to remember that, since I'm doing all the side missions before moving away from a region so far

All this people triggered about no kb/m support, I'm just glad that I can get 60 fps with no need for fixes, japan cant into pc

kill yourself

Is it an equipment skill? Can't find what you're talking about. Also does respec cap at some point? I'd like to try a few new things but I'm careful not to waste the books yet if costs get far higher than 1 million.

Not an argument

You can trade glory for skill books too, but they also increase in cost with each purchase.

Oh, I get it now, you meant to say that the Triggers on the bone Gamepad aren't analogs.
Well, thats wrong, the only one from the big three that doesn't have analog triggers is the Switch
/WiiU Pro

I kinda dislike how the skills are locked beyond certain missions, kinda kills the point of optional missions and points to unlock them.
Plus finding which ones were u locked is kind of a pain.

analogue FACE BUTTONS you stupid fucking nigger
kill yourself right now

Pretty sure the only missions that unlock skills are the dojo missions for each kind.

Not a single 8th Gen console gamepad has pressure sensitive face buttons.

Guess I should be paying more attention, thought secondary ones with the Red seal also unlocked skills.
The duels are fine, it was kinda boring doing the same basic Dojo tutorials to unlock skills though, even if hilarious since I already knew those systems hours before them.

How far have you gotten on the dojo missions? The ones after novice are actual fights and not tutorials.

There's a weapon skill in the spear category that is a charge that covers a decent distance, it can down humans similar to the tonfas ability.

nearly all duels are pretty easy if you master parrying, especially if you get a weapon that has parry counters

Adept, like I said the duels on those missions are fun and fine, Its just kind of shitty that they force you to play the novice missions which are the tutorials again.

Ah. I thought they also had some kind of quadratic scaling thing.

For anyone interested. Just bought a bunch of reincarnation books too see how expensive they get. Seems to cap at 1 million, which isn't that bad in post game.

Dont forget that all of the dojo masters drop damn good equipment and smithing texts.

speaking of that, can you repeat the missions? I want to get the full iga ninja set.

Yup.

naisu

I don't really know the scaling equation for spears or any of the weapons, other than what the menus tell you

So is this game like Souls in the seance that I need to delicate to leveling up a certainty way, or will I be good if I try and make every stat equal?
Is that a legitimate thing to do or is it a waste of time?

I wish you could repeat without having to reload the dojo. It's a good idea to get human item %+ for more chance on recipe I believe.

Ideally you should level up according to what type of weapons that you are using. But you do have respec books that give you back all your experience so you can be pretty flexible.
Really the only thing you need to remember is to to level Spirit up gradually as you go along so you can unlock all the abilities of your Guardian Spirits and to maximize your bond to enhance living weapon length and staying power.

Well so far i'v been switching out weapons types allot, but I think I like the Kusarigama and Axe combo right now.

I for got to mention that you will have to put a minimum amount of points all across the board in order to activate the special effects of your armor but beyond that it's pretty much just filling out you key stats for what you're using.
If you plan on using any magic or ninjutsu then you'll have to allocate some to those two stats in order to get their respective skill points. Of course if you're using a kusarigama then you'll already be putting levels into the ninja key stat.

your point?

I just lost 300k+ amrita

You didn't use a book and then forget to reallocate did you?

Nope, a brand new 300k. And I got killed by a regular hornless yokai.

My point is that the DS4 is fucking garbage

This is why you pick the Odachi right at the beginning.

youve gotta be the dumbest nigger on the block
you do realize that current gen consoles are not THE FIRST FUCKING CONSOLES TO EVER EXIST right? you do realize that other controllers exist that are not DS4 or the xbone abomination of a controller right?
fucking consolewarriors

god dammit i want to go back and play this again just because of the hyper-spergs. is this what marketing is now?
also is the addt'l content worth a damn? i want immersive too lazy to aesthetic text, here's some best gril

Use Hamaya arrows when she's up in the air or far away. Or if she does that grab attack, you have a small window to draw your bow and shoot her in the face.

Eventually you'll reach a point where 300k Amrita feels like nothing. Don't let it dash your hopes.

kunai shrek flying boss niggers

bait her into a melee attack and chip away her health from low stance
this is one of the bosses that you cant just cheese by divine weaponing their shit repeatedly

Thats why I mentioned the DS3
Whats your point?
You're the one trying to pretend the Xbone gamepad is bad.
What games use analog facebuttons anyway?
They weren't used in 7th gen and they aren't used now because devs are lazy to code properly and normalfags are too lazy to inform themselves.

true, but you can do the same with Guardian Spirit, should do about the same.

I don't doubt it but goddamn could I've used that amrita.

Fuck her right in the pussy.

There's so little fanart and porn of this game, it's kinda criminal.

Maybe japs don't really like to sexualize historical figures that are japanese. Looking at the fate series they seem just fine with the ones that are western.

You must have missed the several anime about historical Japanese figures that were all genderbent into woman with big ole tiddies.

Nah, it's probably because it's not as popular in Japan.

The Japanese figures in Fate are very sexualized by fans, and even the official art.

What's the most/fun gimmicky build for a second playthrough Holla Forums? Haven't played since release cuz sonygger.

nips have always been pioneers. the whole am i kawaii polandball/nuking meme is just that.

I mentioned last thread about how good reaper was. I found the video I was looking for.

I have. Only one I know of is that one with female Oda.

It's not? It seems like japs would love this kind of stuff. Are they all too busy playing gachashit?

holy fuck

It's a special setup that allows that guy to get that massive level of damage boost out of it but even when using it in a vanilla situation you can get some major damage out of it.
Reaper + Living Weapon + Extraction + Pleiades really fucks shit up. In fact [any high stamina consuming skill] + Living Weapon + Extraction + Pleiades will do magical things in battle.

I like this mission

Yesterday I was able to cancel out of looking for a match, which I did because any search greater than 4 seconds was a guaranteed connection fail. Now I cant, was there a patch?

They have no qualms about turning famous leaders into girls, especially nobunaga. Also the game sold decently when it came out in Japan and the Asian region. Its biggest problem was going against a DQ game when it released.

Whoever's idea kodama hunting was should be castrated, and if I find out you have to do it again in NG+ I'm going to go and kill him myself.

I like it

You don't have to do it in NG+

There are some helmets with the Kodama Sense skill.

Yes, even WITH kodama sense (I have it on an accessory) it still adds HOURS to every story mission.

Really? I didn't have much trouble with it once I had Kodama sense.

Only Sekigahara gave me some trouble.

There's always (at least) one that you have to retrace the entire map just to get it on radar, and of course you are going to die a couple times in the process. Just getting it on radar is only half the battle though because then you have to figure out how to actually get to it most of the time.

lol

The +elixers is too important, and you actually need them in all zones because of how twilight missions work

just getting a few +elixir ones kept me from ever running low, and what do they do in twilight missions?

Once I get two or three kodamas for the healer's blessing I stop actively looking for them, 10-15% of extra elixir drops are good enough for me

Twilight missions count based on your total kodama count. In order to get +5 elixers you would need to find every kodama in the game, and the same is true for each blessing.

Once you have all kodamas, assuming you don't buy that ninjutsu skill that raises your cap, elixers no longer come out of your stockpile at all. Until then it's the first ones you use that count against your stock, so you can burn through the extras incredibly quickly especially when you get stuck on a boss. It's pretty huge to never have to worry about it again

I'm really enjoying all the boss fights in this game.
Each of them is at least a bit challenging and its pretty rewarding after beating a boss. Still haven't beat the game yet, can't wait to see what I get to fight next. Spoilers just in case some user hasn't seen these bosses yet

Why do you need so much fucking elixir?

I just hate running out or risking running out.

so see
You're just making it more tedious of your own volition.

It felt really good when I got to the point where I could start beating bosses on my first try. I felt like a true Ni-Oh. Too bad ive never played the game in months, let alone afford the DLC.

I just realized how insane the defense debuff is. It also last a fucking long time. The slow debuff is like easy modo.

Try out the lifesteal talismans on human bosses sometime.

Slow debuff trivializes anything.

Damage debuff cuts enemy damage by about half, and stacks with both Wind element and weaken melee weapons. All three together and the enemy's base damage is reduced to just 12.5%, which is THEN further reduced by your armor.

I still prefer lightning element though. The effect is similar to a slow talisman though not quite as strong. I can apply it quickly though so basically everything gets slowed if it doesn't die in one combo

Just started the game with an odachi as primary and sword as secondary.
Will I cripple myself if I don't specialize into a specific style? I want to invest in a magic school, strength and maybe heart.

Odachi is kind of shit. Everything else is good though

Eh I like the high damage and bonking enemies from a distance.
Are odachis really so shit that they become useless or just less useful than the others?

Their "high damage" is basically the same as a Swords damage

Everything weapon is usable, some are more broken than others.
Try and get 20 dex and 20 magic regardless of your build, you'll need it to unlock certain missions and having power pills/quick change ninjutsu and buff/debuff talismans make the game a lot easier no matter your build.

They seem to be doing double the damage of swords so far. Do they fall off later on?
What about axes?

Are those the only stats that lock missions?

Yes. 500k weapon proficiency per weapon is also needed to unlock their respective master dojo missions.

What is that first attack when he uses living weapon? The one where he spins the chain three times around him. It doesn't look like the normal attack or like whirlwind

Earning weapon proficiency also permanently grants samurai skill points. I really need to work on that myself

That pretty much negates all my botched build concerns tbh

While you're at it, grind the dual sword proficiency to 500k because that unlocks a mission needed for zone completion later on.

Sorry I meant to say the dual sword master mission does the unlocking, not achieving 500k proficiency.

Damn. I was pretty much gonna skip dual swords entirely

Good to see the rapefugees from cuckchan and neogaf have turned out to defend shitty unoptimized ports without the ability to rebind keys or use your mouse

Not even worth the (you)

Full respecs are also available, though they get more expensive the more you use them. The cap is at 1m each, which I think is probably affordable in late NG+ so you don't have to worry about being permanently unable to respec.

A bloo bloo
The game runs fine, the lack of keybindings is BS, but you should suspect a game like this to need a controller.
I get the feeling the people who are so upset are Sonyggers same with those so upset with MH world are nintendrones.

Its getting really frustrating having everything come to the PC isn't it?

The lack of mouse controls in basically all nip games is pretty annoying. It would be REALLY useful here for ranged weapons

I wouldn't want to play mouse even if it was supported any games with timed dodges and multiple key presses I would want a game pad.

Only time I prefer the mouse is in games like DF, strat, simulation or fps.
But action games I always will elect for gamepad.

That's you. Nioh would work fine with proper mouse controls, other than ranged weapons being overpowered due to mouse aim.

Everyone is upset with MH world.

I'm not I get a kick out of Tri-babies getting mad out of real and fabricated problems with the game, which largely come from it not being Nintendy exclusive.
I'm old enough to experience the same thing happen when it went from sony to nintendo.

I wouldn't try to play it with m/kb anymore than I'd try to change the settings with a controller
Giving rice niggers a pass for shoddy work I wouldn't waste the time, bandwidth and harddrive space on let alone $60 LOL over some perceived brand loyalty of strangers on the internet is pathetic

When do items over lvl 150 drop?

NG+?

I beat the standard game and the first DLC but 150 divines is still the highest stuff around.

In NG+ though?

I wanted to play the game when I saw the content on the PS4.
I lacking one wanted a port, but having the basic understanding of Action RPG's knew I would probably need a controller.

All the bitching comes from either poor fags or sonyponies pretending to be PC fags.
I just don't care either way nig, I'm enjoying it.

Because of all those action RPGs which can only be played with a controller like….

Good justification for your no standards I guess

that is sexy as a motherfucker

I figured it out. I need to beat NG+ to get to NG++. I didn't even know it existed.

How is Ninjutsu not absolutely terrible? Magic has a bunch of really nice buffs and debuffs, all Ninjutsu has is a couple of extremely slot-expensive thrown items that don't even do as much damage as a low attack

Good for you, keep enjoying it, it's still a shit port that deserves no defense

Wow, I hadn't even thought about it but that sounds like a completely retarded fight.

Magic doesn't improve any weapon scaling.

You have no idea what a shit port is. They fucked up controls, but the port is more stable and optimized than a majority of PC-exclusive games

Like DaS, 2, and 3
Like DmC, if you aren't a autistic jap
Like every PS2 game that has an emulator.
Of what I own a controller for PC, I've had the same one for 4+ years, your entire bitch fest is about not owning one.

You have no idea, you're just parroting words you heard from people who you consider more knowledgeable because you believe them to be 12+ years old.
Leave the site kiddo.

Directly anyway, throwing a defense debuff on the enemy does way more than any scaling will

I left all of my non-dexterity stats at base and am currently tearing the game a new asshole.

Shit game, but it actually played decently well with the mouse once you rebound a few things. I used side buttons for whatever they called their weapon stances, been a long time so I can't remember

These threads do a good job of quarantining the worst of Holla Forums.

That was Angel and Demon mode,

throwing shit is good at range, like shit its there and i"m getting points to spend anyway so why not use it

The nephilim meme is shit no matter what piece of fiction it's in honestly.

Yeah but it's still pretty bad in DmC since Donte's half angel side never have any relevance on the plot after the 2nd mission, he doesn't even get a retarded "Angel Trigger". them making him half angel is completely pointless.

I feel like Nephilim popped up a bunch of times in different games and media all around the same year. I'd never really heard it before, but DmC, D3 and others all used it at the same ttme

Well too bad. All aboard for 250 years of military dictatorship !
Also Yoshitsugu's guardian spirit flew away. When do we get her ?

I think at the end of the final DLC.

At the end of the third DLC. Biggest tease in the whole god damn game.

Man, what a cockblock.

Non-Basara Yoshitsugu is a faggot anyway. Basara Yoshitsugu is a faggot in this own way too.

You know what they say about having more than one waifu

Literally everyone in Basara is either a robot or a faggot so that's a wash.

Fair enough.

They said that about dark souls and guess what we managed just fine. Why do you faggots insist on assuming you know better than people who have been playing games on the pc for decades?

You managed like a trannies vagina manages

Wow, this is actually cuckchan tier banter.

You want cockblocks? All of the female transformations are from DLC3. Until then, you couldn't play as a female NPC because according to an offhand comment from one of the NPCs, you can't transform into the opposite sex if you're still a virgin, kek

i want to stick my dick in hinoenma

Its not banter, youre just an idiot who would fuck a tranny

I'm really glad the PC release cut the bullshit and went straight to complete edition though.

I may work on completition on NG+ or later, for now I'm enjoying the fact that I have to learn the fights to minimize my elixir usage
Speaking of that

Pic related, I think he's into /monster/

William didn't need no 3DPD.

So she literally is his waifu

Why else would he go on a rampage through fucked up demon Japan to get her back?

Proof you just don't mess with a man's waifu.

It's like nips are going out of their way to avoid it

wait, what? which NPC says that?

Matsunaga.

That's Blade Spin.

What? I thought they came with the first one, which was Dragon of the North?

I wanna say at least Gynchiyo was available in the base game.

Nope, I know none of them were. I think they all (sans Maria) came with the first DLC. Maria's with the last DLC.

Yeah, just looked it up and I was misremembering. Sorry.

Does soul matching get more expensive every time you do it?

no, it's the difference of the soul matched weapon compared to the original level of the weapon.
There are items later that reset the "base" level to the level it's currently at

Is there something I'm not getting about the red demon set?
I'm wondering because I would have to put a couple of points into Skill (or farm the smithing texts) to swap from my Legendary Strategist set where I already have all the texts and the maphack is nice as well.

It's a meme set for an older age where suzaku would make you near invincible. It carries on as the shitter set still for whatever reason

That's not so bad then.

Pair it with Kato and your natural Ki regen fills up the whole bar in 3 seconds. I imagine newbies who don't know how to ki pulse consistently would love it.

So I can just keep running around with my strategist set and feel like a hipster at the same time?
Also those sets are kinda ruining the whole loot system in a way

Sets eventually sort of die off unless you're hooking for very specific ones.
Usually mixing+matching once you hit way of the wise/nioh is the way to go (mainly because normal gear starts getting different set bonuses if it's high enough rarity)

It a nice fast light armor set for spears (I think the only one in the game) that you can set relatively early and it gets a bonus for part of being in the correct clan.
Also once you get this spear you can swap it out for the set spear for some additional punishment.
It's too bad that Hozoin doesn't drop an armor set along with his spear.

Nah just hold on to the good ones for later soul matching and sell, offer, or deconstruct the shitty versions.

More like you get that one accessory with -1 set requirement, then you stack the 2 piece (maybe 4) of a bunch of sets

that's sort of

Just when I thought there was an end to it it goes deeper.
So there's not only NG+ or NG++ there's also NG+++ and NG++++?

yup and each one adds more shit, so it's actually pretty fun

So is Saoirse speaking Gaelic? It's definitely not Japanese or English

I really like how Nioh does languages

Yes.
I just wish they made her a little more powerful. When they nerfed LW to prevent infinite Suzaku they should have left her with the ability to maintain infinite LW.

A fitting way to conclude these grueling Sekigahara maps.

How is that even possible

Do you mean the running part or the damage part? You get insane damage later.

The damage isn't even a problem, how are you supposed to traverse the entire level in a minute

There's a running speed item modifier.

Some levels also have huge shortcuts if you just run through the fire. They are even designed to be taken advantage of with water buckets making you immune for a time.

I watched speedruns, they use some sort of dash abuse to go faster than the running, but there aren't a great many skips. It's just that when you know exactly where to go, you can get to the bosses pretty fast. One notable exception is honnô-ji, which seems to be the run killer - long run-up, dangerous boss.

Dash abuse? Do you mean abusing how fast low stance dash is or is there some bug?

I think it's the low stance thing.

who best girl?
Pic related is the thinking man's choice, next to moth waifu

I just caught that, do you mean this one?

I don't know about the Moth Waifu, but Saiorse and Okatsu are like… the default choices. I like both though.

I quite like Fuku. And apparently a lot of people love her delicious thighs.

Yuki Onna and Ginchiyo are great, though. They're both incredibly loyal and loving to a fault.

So I've been using the one handed sword and odachi for most of the game, is switching to a different weapon class like spear or something a bad thing to do in the later parts of the game? Should I just make a new character for when i want to use different weapons?

trying out all the weapons is useful since you get samurai skill points for proficiency in all weapons

just throw on a spear if you want and go practice the movesets on some early missions until you feel comfortable. You may even find a weapon you like better than the two main

Isn't this game basically just Dark Souls 3 without the suck?

No, it's like if you took the level design of Dark Souls, and gave it the gameplay of the bastard child between Onimusha and Ninja Gaiden, then threw in Diablo itemization for good measure.

Nioh is clearly influenced by Dark souls in many ways, but it plays more like Ninja Gaiden only with allot more commitment in your attacks since there's stamina. weapons are more like Diablo, as in you get weapons with the same move list but different properties.

some fag posted a pic with all the set bonuses in the last thread, anyone has it?

More like diablo loot pinata + dmc mission structure + souls game.

the dmc part is a bit unclear. I mean instanced missions full of mooks + boss at the end. Levels are a bit more open than the dmc series.

Yes, the mighty maphack set.

Combat is some kind of hybrid between dmc and DaS. Way faster and with more special moves and alternate comboes than DaS, but you can still do a lot of bait and punish stuff too

Yes, that's kinda why I mentioned it. It has a bit more of a style fighting feel than Dark Souls.

So what is the hardest bossfight in the game? I'm betting the double fight in the mission "The Two Kings: Nioh"

I'd wager there's something in The Abyss that's bullshit, but that's more luck based.

I think on WotD or above adds on Lady Noh to the final fight of Return of the Gourd.
Also Ninetails and Sunboy dual boss fight was was a massive pain in the ass.

You win, return of the gourd is fucking stupid

You know I have never thought about using this set but now that I think about it if you were add a different weapon from one of the other sets with a yakasani you would have a very versatile set. I'm going to have to think about trying it.

I'd like to point out how good the Iga Ninja 2 piece bonus is. It automatically restores a % of your Ninjutsu item uses, rounded up, when Living Weapon ends. As a result it will ALWAYS (no random chance) restore single-use items such as the incredibly powerful Quick-Change scroll which allows you to escape death once per use with an extremely long duration.

Can an item with 7 attributes (full page) get one more from soul match, or is that the hard cap?

Almost to NG++. Just the last boss left.

I found Orochi much harder than either, but maybe that's because I couldn't effectively sloth him

Orochi is a lot harder, but not in a fun way. Wish the Oda fight had more phases.

The hardest story boss is still 3 Kelleys

Do you think summoning visitors on farming runs is a good idea or not? On the one hand, I definitely don't need their help and have no intention of helping them out of a fight either, on the other I just want to be nice and let them have the free stuff and glory for "helping"

are item drops serverside or clientside? if its the former, then farming modifiers should stack for all players, if its the latter, literally no reason whatsoever

Probably clientside because everyone gets their own drops. I'm farming spider nest castle for spider legs btw. I just figure some people might appreciate a really quick win for Glory

and there I just contemplated shelling out cash for the multiplayer functionality

Why is that a problem? You would rather fight over loot in a game with dark souls-tier communication?

I would rather everyone getting a copy of the same shit everyone else gets where loot modifiers actually stack

Really? I found Orochi really easy to dodge and tank.

I just did it after uncountable times. Shouldn't have entered the mission with bad damage. My strategy was 2 hits into spearfall then ground attack in the order they pop out. Got them down to about 20 percent that way and then just activated guardian to finish all 3 of them. Died once because my attack bounced off a wall on the finish blow for the last guy. Doesn't help that change scroll almost always gets you killed regardless with their attacks.

I just managed to forge this

Are there quest reward exclusive items or can you craft/find everything eventually?

Daily reminder to check your home for ceiling niggers

I don't know from which universe you come from, buddy.

is there any point in hoarding low tier ingots/materials?

No, turn them into the next tier of materials immediately.

How do you do that?

Via the blacksmith under forge I think, I assume you're talking about materials that are not purple tier?

Ok what the shit
I finally tried sloth and that is just fucking broken

Im not gonna use it anymore

All of the debuffs are like that. There are three different damage reduction debuffs (wind, weaken melee/ranged weapons, and devigorate) that all reduce damage by half and stack. That's half damage before it gets reduced by armor, so you end up taking like 20% damage from most attacks. There's also one that completely nullifies stamina regen.

Basically that's how the game was intended and going without those things is what's broken.

They nerfed the hell out of shortly after release. Previously it'd completely trivialise any boss. Nowadays for most bosses it'll last less than 10 seconds. Still enough to wreck just about anything if you're good, but not an automatic victory.

Don't un-learn it though, you'll need it for the late game gangbangs.

Speed buff, damage buff and extra lifes.

Why is speed buff particularly useful? I assume that only covers walk/run speed

I also like improvised projectile, if only because ammo doesn't restock mid-mission

We have such sights to show you

Guess they just settled on a date for DW9 for America?

That's most likely it to be honest, the american branch announcing a new project doesn't make much sense. But a man can dream.

No kidding. I ran around with an Onikaba for so long that I forgot that there were other kusarigama.

Never forghetti.

Thats some shocking voice acting and generic sword man combat

With the right setup you can kill bosses with nothing but kunai.
This will turn you into an animu ninja.

It's a shame because just about all the other characters new to Warriors All Stars besides the furries have interestingly fun movesets.

It's better than the damage buff. It buffs dashes as well as run speed and the increase in regular movement speed makes it easier to position your dashes. It's useful.

Is the Ki Pulse stat (from Skill Attribute) actually any good? I know what it does, but I'm not sure if it does enough to matter.

Skill is the common attribute between my two main weapon (gama+sword). I figure I put a Skill A+ damage on each one so I can double up on the effect and stack the hell out of it for maximum damage from both weapons. The alternative would be stacking Dexterity and having a much weaker sword for a slightly stronger kusarigama and an absolutely insane amount of Ninjutsu power that I never really make use of.

Man that fight with Pepe got me real mad last night, until I keep throwing myself at it with no living weapon out of pure frustration, turns out, that works for me.
You can see me almost choking a couple of time but that's most due to being 3 am and me being salty