"Oh, you like video games? Me too! What do you play, Call of Duty?"

Do I hate video games, Holla Forums?

Yes, Skyrim is the shit bruh.

At least they said Call of Duty and not Shadow of War.
It's like speaking to a living advertisement.

And they never speak to me about video games again, thank God.

I want to play videogames with you, anons

There's good games that came out recently.
There's also older games you can always play too.
For example I've been playing in the past two-three months
Just to name a few, go find some favourites that you enjoy, find new ways to play older games that you thought you'd had your fill of or never had a chance to play because you were poor and always read about it in gaming magazines with longing.

Binding of isaac is a really good game though, but it did mongrolize the "Rogue like" term.

Metroidvania.

oh it is fun, but it's barely a roguelike and yet everyone insists on lumping it and similar games (enter the gungeon, nuclear throne) into that category where they don't belong.

I don't think so. Most of the time it just relied on RNG for if you won or not.
I like me some randomness, but when the entire game boils down to RNG it bugs me.

Darkest dungeon here is one that grates me. I definitely got a bad first impression as one of my first runs had almost every attack from the enemy being a crit and me rolling minimum damage. Its good to a point but sometimes that game just kicks you teeth in for no good reason.

Is Nuclear Throne considered a roguelike now?

according to several people I've tried to talk games with, yes.

They came up with a new term "rogue-lite", still pretty dumb

You need to find a game you can sink your autism into. For me it's Thief 2 FMs and TDM.
Even if you're taking a break from playing it, you can still say you play it because it's something you'll always come back to.

At least theres a distinction now. I'm not really opposed to the idea since its a pretty good basic idea for a game.

they're still fun games but they gotta call them something more distinct

I honestly thought it was a pretty mainstream game.

"Procedural Arcade games"
Like arcade games, you play in short bursts and tend to die a lot.

This is what's good about liking Doom. Doesn't matter that no normalfag plays it, it has enough status that it won't make you the weird guy (I guess). ALso people might think you're talking about Nu-Doom.

Nah, you're just being a bunch of autistic faggots.

The whole point is that the sub-genre sprang from games using gameplay mechanics from roguelikes. Roguelite is a fine term for distinguishing the games from more traditional roguelikes but really I wouldn't crucify someone for using the term roguelike either. Same way I wouldn't crucify someone for using the term RPG to describe Deus Ex.

And procedural arcade games is a shit genre name. Practically half of arcade games I can think of already had procedural gameplay mechanics since it makes it easier to milk people for their money.

name 3