Controller Thread

Thinking between the 360 or Xbone controller, which one has the best build quality and general feel for the PC? At what price are they worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

us.hardware.info/reviews/5518/gamepads-review-7-models-for-pc
focusattack.com/hori-fighting-commander-ps3-ps4-pc-wired-joypad/
focusattack.com/hori-fighting-commander-xbox-one-xbox-360-pc-wired-joypad/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There are better options.
us.hardware.info/reviews/5518/gamepads-review-7-models-for-pc

If you want wireless, I'd go with a newer Xbone controller with bluetooth.

Otherwise, I'd almost always pick the wired 360 controller. Outside of the usual "dpad = trash" complaints, its just a solid controller.

I hate the stick placement on the PS4 controllers. I never had a problem with it on PS2, but I cannot play action games with it now. It's alright for games like Persona, but anything that requires precision aim and I'm forced to play like a Polygon writer.

I've heard there are 3rd party ones that mimic the 260 stick layout… Anyone know if they are any good?

Xbone
It has some issues but its legit the best gamepad of all of them.

DS4 is absolute trash aside from the Dpad

No.

This. FFS I was an idiot and bought a steam "controller" recently. Even WINDOWS thinks this POS is a keyboard/mouse HID and not an actual controller

I legit want one just for the novelty
How is it?

Show them, please

Fair enough.
Wut? Isn't it only the left sticks on different positions? Don't you usually have to aim with the right one?
Also
There's your problem, mate. You need a mouse for that.

>buttons aren't Nintendo's but inverted
What is better about the Xbox controller?

Those are memes.
Battery lasts about a day if you turn off the light and play without vibration. If I'm not mistaken, it fully charges in about two hours, too.
I never had problems with latency too and I play using a random Bluetooth dongle I bought on some random store.

fucking casual!

Any controller designed like the Wii U Pro Controller where the sticks are on top? I'd like to have a DS4, Xbox, and Wii U style controller to cover all my bases.

Although I couldn't find one in a quick search, it looks like there's at least a way to use a real one on PC if I have to.

What the fuck, there's no way stick placement can make that big of a difference.

This. Xbox One controller is dogshit for large hands, which I assume you have OP unless you're some low-test cunt.

Its a great gamepad

Garbage. Seriously still pissed off about this "controller". To be fair, I haven't tested it yet with something like Civ 4 or Shogun 2, where it is supposed to "shine", but I don't plan on using this controller to play those from the couch or some shit anyways. I wanted a quality USB controller for emulation (WHY THE FUCK ARE ALL USB SNES CONTROLLERS SHIT?!)
>does nothing without Steam running
I guess the only thing going for it is a novel design (the haptic feedback touchpad is…ok, really needs an on-the-fly DPI adjuster) and the customizability, although this is also a bad thing. Sifting through dozens of configs, hoping the community isn't idiotic (they are) and/or spending precious vidya time setting up the fucking controller to work as expected really isn't a value-add to me.

What is the best platform or console for someone who wants to avoid and do not want to play anything that is PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo, Android, IOS, and the shit that Steam?

The 360 one has an exceptionally bad Dpad.

stopped reading there

All it needs is a software that allows it to be perceived as other devices such as an actual Dinput or Xinput device, then all the compatibility problems are gone.

Just read all of that and did some research on deadzones as well which was semi-interesting. The DS4 buttons doesn't give a good feedback like the Xbone or better yet like the 360 controller, plus, I've seen plenty of pictures and read plenty that the controller build quality feels cheap, the left thumbstick rubber also loosens up after a while.

So far build quality wise the 360 seems to be the winner except for the garbage rubber in the thumbsticks which fades after a while and of course the horrible-what-were-they-thinking D-Pad. If these two things can be fixed then 360 would be the great controller. I've seen people drop that shit hundreds of time and haven't seen a scratch.

Xbone controller buttons doesn't have the feedback the 360 does, the D-pad is greatly improved as well ad the thumbstick rubber. The controller however feels cheap as fuck and not worth it's full price.

I've heard Nintendo controllers are the cheapest and most overpriced, a full skip.

Any yall niggys know any good third party Ps3 controllers?

Most of my old 360 controllers had the bumpers go to shit after a while, but I'v been using my xbone controller since a little after launch and it still works perfectly, I just had to get a nice and sturdy usb cable for a few bucks to replace the one I lost and it's been good to me.

Not personally a fan of the Dualshock. I prefer the controller layout of the Xbox's.

I'm always amused by the fucking DS4 shills on these threads. They're so incredibly stupid, they've probably never held a decent controller in their life. It's leagues worse than the DS3 in almost every way, and nobody should ever buy it.

Because you're looking for an imitation SNES instead of a quality controller that shares the layout. Get yourself a Hori fighting commander, and use it for all your 2D games and emulation. I've been using one for a while and have had 0 problems with it, outside it lacking xinput support. They seem to have an xbone variant that probably uses xinput, so I'd recommend that

Buy yourself a Dreamcast and a Saturn, and sacrifice your firstborn son to get ODEs for both of them. Also, the Saturn and DC both have very good controllers, so you won't be needing these threads either

Nigger, you know he's talking about the xbone controller, right? Its d-pad is very tactile and is comfortable for 2D games, but it's a little hard to do diagonals. Great for platformers and maybe shmups, not very good for fighting games.

good.

And there are more alternatives to part of the sega consoles?

I'm looking for a console that is totally different from everything Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Android, IOS, and Steam.

I also look for the console to have games that are totally exclusive to that console and that are not in any way in console Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo. and on systems like Android, IOS, or Steam shit.

I still don't understand why people keep claiming the DS4 thumbsticks wear down quickly. I've had two that I've used pretty regularly for years now, and the thumbsticks haven't worn at all on either one. Either people are pressing down on those things way too fucking hard, or it's consolewar bait.

Personally, I think DS4s are good for PC. I've seen that it's possible to map gestures onto the touchpad for additional input options, it's lightweight but sturdy, and it fits well in my hands, much better than DS3s did. 360 would be my second pick, and I think Xbone controllers feel weird.

After using every controller under the fucking sun, third and first party. I settled on some Chinese piece of shit that is actually really good. Never really use controllers anymore though. Just for Nioh recently, worked perfectly. I find these threads hilarious in how anons get ass blasted over personal preferences.

The problem is baked into the hardware, mate. The haptic touchpad automatically makes this a mouse HID device and it will never, ever be a simple controller. Windows itself doesn't allow for any hybrid controller/keyboard/mouse because MS is constantly chasing everyone else's good ideas instead of having any of its own.

True, and spot on.
focusattack.com/hori-fighting-commander-ps3-ps4-pc-wired-joypad/
focusattack.com/hori-fighting-commander-xbox-one-xbox-360-pc-wired-joypad/
The Fighting Commander is compatible with current-gen Sony Playstation 4, previous-gen PS3, and PC via XInput
Interesting.

Oh right, also have one of these for older 2d stuff. Same deal, never had a problem with it.

I didnt' know it changed the d-pad so drastically.
I'll have to trust you that it's good, never used one.

I've already tried DS3, Xbox and DS4 though. DS4 felt the best, and I was never a fan of X-box's buttons and stick positioning, then I bought one.

If stuff like joytokey and inputmapper works with other controllers, there shouldn't be a problem.
DS4Windows makes the computer think the DS4 is an Xbox controller, then allows for full customization of mappings and even mouse support for it's touchscreen.

PC Engine has some unique titles, as well as recognizable series and quality arcade ports
Neo Geo has games exclusively by SNK, so nearly the entire library is exclusives running at arcade perfect accuracy
Games on Commodore's computers like the C64 and Amiga were vastly different from DOS games of the time, though the quality wasn't always high
Also you type like an underage and/or idiot

Usually I'd say you get what you pay for, but when the expensive controllers are also loaded with problems, this isn't too bad of an idea. Just be ready to replace that thing in ~3 months of use

So my FC is an old model. I'm not sure about the changes between the two versions, then

Yeah, Microsoft fixed all the problems of the 360 controller's pad but didn't do it perfectly. It reminds me of the d-pad on the original fat DS, with slightly longer travel distance. I prefer it over the 360 pad, but the texture of the analog sticks is unusual and I'm not sure if it's better. The dog-nose texture of the DS3 sticks are far more comfortable to me

Oh yeah dude, and if you want the first party controller do it. I just have this thing or autism whatever that I like to play what is designed for the actual console, but when it comes to PC I like to use a third party controller knock off cause it feels wrong to use a console controller on a PC? Does that make sense? I also try and not play to many ports and stick to original hardware when I can, besides Nioh so far. I have had this controller for almost 6 months and it still works in and broke in very nicely, the rubber is still good and responsive. It actually has a really good build quality. It is miles better then that logitech controller, which I used for awhile as well.

Why don't you just get a usb adapter for an actual SNES controller? I bought mine off of RetroUSB for only 15 dollars and it works flawlessly.

since this thread exists… is the hori controller for switch a good idea for a pc controller?

The original 360 controller is literally perfect and unmatched. Just get a couple of the wired ones and you'll be set. Takes about 5 years of heavy use before the rubberized shit on the thumbsticks starts to deteriorate and flake off.

Oh I forgot to mention, Microsoft pulled the fucking drivers to the Xbox One controller. They do not offer them for download through any official means besides bundled in ((( Windows Update ))). Further reason to stick with the 360 controller.

thinking of getting a 360 controller as well, since they're not so expensive, and they're basically the standard compatibility for PC vydia
but what about their overall quality, does stick sensitivity also suck balls? I need to upgrade my shitty quality generic brand one

Fuck off Microsoft.

ikr? but believe, even on linux it seems xbone360 controller works better

That would be a DS4., since it is effortless to use it with dinput games, xinput games, or even games that support neither with a profile bound to keyboard keys.
No, but you'll probably develop stick drift inside 6 months and need to widen the deadzone.

ms makes the best controllers. I bought a 360 controller in like 2009 and it still works. Would buy a xbox one controller too if it wasn't that expensive. Playstation controller can eat a dick. The only people that use it a faggots who grow up with a playstation.

Just buy a Logitech controller like a normal human being.

Bought this nigger on Ali for $12, will use for emulation on my phone and as wireless gaypad on my PC.

What kind of games do people play with these joysticks? Flight simulators? These shiters look sexy, but flight simulators sound boring as fuck.

were you born literally yesterday or some shit? you do realize combat sims and spess sims are a thing right?

Chinks are truly niggers when they are left to design things on their own.

What are you, having some weird idea that $300 flight sticks were created to play Ace Combat or some shit? You're gonna use those to "play" DCS, IL-2 and Elite, spending 20% of your time on the ground and another 70% hauling your aircraft to the objective.

At least it died before it could be infected by Disney.

Time to get my ass chewed out, I s'pose. How much of a pleb am I for getting one of these for my phone?

Speaking of simulator controllers. As far as racing wheels go, everything that's mass produced is garbage, going from $50 to $500 will only give you less dogshit plastic, bigger wheel travel, some shitty force feedback and an extra pedal. Can't vouch for things like ECCI and Fanatec, could be the same exact crap except glorified, can only say that these DIY direct drive wheels are what you actually want if you intend to get any kind of high quality experience.

maximum pleb

If you want the best xbox controller
Try to find a Gen 1 Xbox One S controller.

I've tried those. The d-pad is shit. Extremely loose, terrible precision. The added randomness of whether any move in MK would go through was pretty fun though. We'd always shake the controller after a round as if that would fix it.

Android has a ton of input lag, so playing anything other than turn-based games (which are fine with touch controls) on your phone makes you a shiteater. As for that controller in particular, for what fucking purpose? 8bitdo makes overpriced junk with QC issues that makes fucking Hori look good by comparison. Way to pick a controller with a dualshock layout that is worse than a DS3/4 in every way possible, while only being $2 cheaper than a DS4. You basically bought an even shittier F310 which is a joke of a controller.

this is a pretty good stick

Why not consider getting a good controller?

No they aren't. Glad you're enjoying your controller, though.

Wear it in and it's great.
Like most controllers. Don't use dirt-tier chink cables and you'll be fine. I've been using the same cable for 2 years and it's still tight as fuck. Eventually the cable will wear, and I'll get a new one, no big deal.
Wrong on both counts. When buttons are squeaking on a controller, 9/10 times it's because the user has disgusting greasy hands and you've got congealed hand grease and dust in your controller. Clean it and take up proper hygiene you filthy fuck.
Correct.
They don't. The only buttons that have potential breakage issues are R2/L2 for users that squeeze the fuck out of them when they get pissed and slam the controller. This is why the vast majority of users report no issues, while the retards that do have that problem, keep breaking their buttons no matter how many are replaced.
You can turn it off, and then tell it to flash when you have low battery life. This is a 5 second fix, I don't know what your problem is.
Because you slam them around and gorilla grip them like a shitskin when you get pissed. White people don't have that problem.

meh, no where as good as my saturn pad or the xbone tactile, I like dpad with tactile feedback
yeah that one was a nitpick, but I just hate how cheap those cables feel, even good one feel loose
nah, I bought white controllers and I know my webm is dark and low res, but ther're the cleanest controller you'll ever find, yet they still squeek, both are, how strange.
no, i'm pushing the buttons like normal.
I'll check for an option in ds4tool for that, the first time I checked I only saw a custom color thing
I take really good care of my controller and the DS4 is the only controller that really broke on me… twice. I dont get angry, I dont slam them around. I play a game for an hour or two and put the controller back on top of my PC for charge. that's it. I was much harder on my gamecube and ps2 controller growing up and both are still fully operational to this day. I stand by what I said, the DS4 is cheap and crappy.

Sure.
And here's where we part ways, because for someone where the majority of games they're playing use the dpad as the primary control method, the bone pad is completely unusable. It's acceptable for secondary functions like weapon swapping, nothing more.
The dpad has the same tactile feedback as every other membrane dpad.
Either you're the unluckiest motherfucker out there, or the problem is with you. I've got chairforce friends who had problems with their buttons squeaking and sticking in the down position on their 360 pads, and when I said they probably needed to clean them, they got all defensive and pissy. So I told them to bring them over and I'd fix them. Took them apart, and surprise surprise, they were absolutely caked with grease in the button channels. A shitload of cotton swapping and rubbing alcohol later, and they were good as new besides their floppy analog sticks. Point being, you may think your controllers are clean, but they probably aren't. Even if you do a surface wipe down every now and then, you need to clean out the channels as well. This goes for every controller.
I have absolutely no idea why you would use that instead of Ryochan's DS4Windows fork.
Take care of it, and it'll last. Treat your peripherals like shit, and they won't. Regardless of how well you claim to take care of it, the results speak for themselves when you're having all of these mysterious problems. Even a shitty 360 pad will last several years if you treat it right, and the build quality on those is much worse than a DS4.

I would disagree, but I guess it's just preference at this point
I Probably am
I take my controller apart about once every 2 months to clean and the trigger still squeek (last time I did I replaced the battery with a 2000ma one) I didn't try any of the solution I found on the internet, a lot of em seemed stupid, like using graphite from a pencil. But, that's the only controller in my collection that need that dumb special snowflake treatment. all the other need a bit of rubbing alcohol and they work like new.

Don't know how people can unironically consider crap like the Xbox and PS defaults for PC game controllers, and it really does blow my mind that manufacturers like Logitech constantly seek to ape the dominant console controllers rather than attempt to actually design something original. Do they really think people are so inured to the garbage they're forced to use by Microsoft and Sony that they wouldn't like to try something better?

so I'm of screwed, I wanted to get one x360 controllers (because its the PC standard and whatever, and they doens't seem like shit built)
and I was under the impression that they got cheaper, but it was only these shitty chink clones
how good are the generic copies of the x360?
the price difference in my country can add up to being 2x~4x bigger
what I meant is stick sensitivity and handle

Literally any joystick worth using already exists and there's adapters for every gamepad under the sun.

If you get an xbone controller, just make sure you're getting one of the new models with bluetooth and the 3.5mm headset jack. The old models have defective bumpers that will break in a couple months.

Oh? Can you tell me where I can find the joystick with an octagonally-gated analog stick and a microswitch D-pad in an ergonomic position? Additionally I would like one with more than 2 backside inputs so I can use my fingers more like I would on a keyboard or arcade top.

They suck
HARD
I was about to buy one on a flea market and as soon i pushed the triggers i knew it was shit. Bite the bullet and buy the original one.

Nope. At the very least the battery is trash, even with all the gimmicks turned off.

Hori fighting commander is great, even better than the Pokken controller for 2D.

Alright, well I am going down a road that I thought I never would go down. I am taking apparent a Ps3 controller and putting the China controller board in side of it with all the outside hard ware being the Ps3 controller (buttons, sticks, triggers, rubber). I will post my results tomorrow. I am really fucking bored.

help me out Holla Forums

I'm not really wanting to buy the generic one but literally not seeing any options, its either the original wireless one or the generic wired
now I would prefer to steer way from the wireless one, not only because of battery problems, but also the fucking receiver seems to be even more rare than the controller

and I'm not kidding when I say its hard to find, its like my country is a literal gaming wasteland,
I went to the mall today and I swear to you I couldn't find it, anywhere
there was only one "gaming" store, and only one controller, but it was attached to a used console, and I kid you not, it was a chink controller

You want custom hardware you gotta make it boopy.
It basically is a non-argument for something that specific/niche.

Well that was depressing.
Is the Ps4 controller better then the dual shock 2 and 3?

When I tested both at the store for feel I ended up choosing the 360 for Windows controller.

Better ergos, overall lower build quality, no analog buttons.
Better ergos, better L2/R2, better sticks, no analog buttons.

But logitech is crap

No, it's not. Hasn't been since GC.
If you're emulating or playing things using D-pad, 360 controller, is not really designed with D-pad in mind.

What it is is basic superior hardware that everyone neglects so they can lazily ape the fucking predominant console controllers.

Xbone is comfy as fuck. But I prefer this combo for multiplayer, only until valve release their knuckle controllers which I will shower in cash.

My professional review is that it's ok. Dpad is an improvement but only partially and the bumpers and triggers are ass. Not to mention the software needed to install on your PC constantly fucks up with emulators and the like. Also
lol

so fuck me, I took the bait and brought one of these generic x360 clones
I was looking for the original, and literally there weren't any wired ones, and the wireless was more expensive plus needed the receiver as well, (and possible compatibility problems)
so I went with the generic

it was fine at first and worked alright, but as soon as a couple of hours of gaming and the left stick was already drifting forwards
opened it up and saw if there was anything to be done, no way to calibrate besides using a wrapper, so I ended up using x360ce anyway

There is no possible way you could have foreseen this outcome.

ikr, but its not like I had much alternative
was either that, buying the overpriced wireless one, or not buying anything at all
its working alright still

What country do you live in?

Only the best

The human thumb can only move in eight directions anyway.

I hate how sensitive the plastic is to wear.

I let maybe two other people besides me get a session in on my switch and now my the back looks like a worn Gamecube controller.

Are you telling me they made it out of such garbage plastic that it's already wearing down so soon after release? Actually fuck, now I remember when those companies that made stickers and skins were complaining because the switch got destroyed by the simple adhesive.

The joycons are a matte rubbery texture and it wears down to glossy in the places you touch the most.

Reminder that DS4 faggots only defend the DS4 because they're PC/PS4 shitters.
The DS4 is a piece of shit and either the Ninty Pros or the Xboner one are better options.

We have IDs here. Everyone can see where you admitted to being a microshiteater.

People who defend Dualshock almost exclusively rely on the position of the analog sticks as an argument, and they only like that position because they grew up with it on other Sony consoles. 360 arrangement (movement stick in top left, face buttons in top right) is elder god tier.

Zero self awareness.

I recently had to replace my 360 controller because after something like 7 years the rubbery coating on the thumbsticks had actually broken down so much that it was getting all over my thumbs and shit. I imagine such a fate lies in store for similar materials on the switch. I'm just surprised that it's happening so quickly. Like I said, YEARS is the usual timescale, not months.

Not as good as the RAP3 if ya catch my drift.

You know how I know you're 12? Because you think that was "my entire argument" and not just tearing apart sonyfags' only argument.

The 360 pad (and xbone, and switch pro) also have superior ergonomics and triggers, and the 360 pad works with basically every game ever created to be playable on PC, without any 3rd party software bullshit as long as you're running windows.
Sonyfags' ONLY argument is their stick layout, which is full-retard to begin with and they only like it because they're used to it. D-pad as the primary directional input? in CURRENT YEAR? Get the fuck out.

Shit son, you just lost the argument. Didn't bother reading the rest of your drivel.

I remember a few threads ago an user recommended the Wii U controller. Looks breddy good, my 360 pad is getting old. That hori pad looks pretty good too, but goes for double than the Wii U one and doesn't have analog sticks.

AW NOOOOO, HE CALLED MY POST DRIVEL!
LOOK OUT EVERYONE, THIS GUY'S GOT A THESAURUS AND HE KNOWS HOW TO USE IT PROBABLY! HE'S SO FUCKING CULTURED JESUS CHRIST, DRIVEL! PEOPLE HAVEN'T SERIOUSLY USED THAT IN CONVERSATION SINCE THE 1920'S BUT HE'S BRINGING IT RIGHT THE FUCK BACK! BECAUSE I INSULTED HIS PRECIOUS ABOMINATION THAT IS TWO ANALOG STICKS SO CLOSE TOGETHER THAT YOUR THUMBS COLLIDE IF YOU WALK RIGHT AND LOOK LEFT SIMULTANEOUSLY!

What the fuck?

You can get that shit working on PC for general use?

FUCK ME CHECKMATE EVERYONE, HE CALLED ME AUTISTIC SO CLEARLY NOTHING I SAY HAS ANY WEIGHT AS AN ARGUMENT. JESUS CHRIST I'VE BEEN ABSOLUTELY DEVASTATED ON THE DEBATE FIELD TODAY.

You can get an Xpadder style program to configure it called WiinUPro.

Could you stop being so butthurt? you're scaring the children.

Why can't we go back to the good old days of dualshock 1 and 2s L2 and R2?
Dualshock 3 has these two located on the edge and you can't hold them because your fingers slip off of them. Plus there's travel time.
Xbox had a slightly better solution, but there's even more travel time.
Now I don't know about official gamecube controllers, but the knockoff I had was garbage and the travel time was even longer. AND the shoulder buttons/triggers would get stuck often.
Why can't these just be regular buttons like L1 and R1 / LB and RB?

Because

I got mine for 20.

You can stop acting like a teenager fresh from 4chan any minute now.

Easier precision throttle control over analog buttons that have minimal travel, I guess. I certainly wouldn't mind a return to DS2-esque L2/R2, but given that my most recent console purchase was about 16 years ago, and the only thing I use a gamepad for is emulation and the odd gamepad focused port, I'm not exactly the target audience for these modern gamepads.

Underrated comment.

Alright, so answer me this anons, I am semi ranting here. I took appart a snes controller, ps3 controller and this ZD-V Chinese controller. The build quailty of the snes pretty much mimics the ZD-V, good dpad, good rubbers, really responsive analog sticks, no dead zones, very easy plug and play (Acts as a xbox360 controller). Then I took apart the ps3 controller to compare. What kinda build crap is this? It is like dissembling a laptop. I don't understand why the fuck Sony went so damn complicated with its build.

the newer dualshocks 4s are a lot more solid than their release counterparts and I think they're great for PC use, since you can actually map the share button to stuff which you can't fucking do on the ps4

Logitech F310

Game like an adult, OP.

Probably has something to do with the wireless connectivity, pressure sensitive face buttons and haptic feedback bullshit.

Like a broke adult if it's an f310

I might check one out during black friday week sale.

The logitech f310 is garbage, I used for a week or so and now its sitting in my cloest for a back up. This ZD-V controller is a million times better.

Logitech F310

Game like an adult, OP.>>13821988
I spend the extra cash on condoms, so I can cum inside of your mother without worrying about creating another abomination like yourself.

Let me know how well your shit tier controller is supported across every platform while I am enjoying my universal support from Logitech.

Nigger are you trying to drive that user into the poor house? Both those systems libraries been kiked to shit thanks to the scalper market.

Not even OP deserves that piece of shits mushy floating dpad and cheap as dirt cord.

I have been considering the best ZD controller for android since all the ones i ve had, cheap and expensive, have a shit tier d pad, and until now i finally heard that it's just better to get a DS4 as an android pad, million times better than anything not thoroughly tested, xbone controllers just don't fucking work well in android while DS4 apparently just does fine via bluetooth, there are phone clips for the DS4 for like $10

Only things I'd warn against are that the triggers are digital instead of analog, and the shape is really awkward for anything except a six-finger grip.

Regardless of what controller you use, the dirty little secret is that android has a ton of input lag, so it's still a pretty terrible option for anything that isn't turn-based, and if you're doing turn-based, you can get away with any dirt cheap shitty controller. If you're going to be using the DS4 with your PC was well, go for it, it's a top-tier choice for emulation, but it's somewhat of a waste if you're just planning on using it with android.

yeah i ve noticed i make lots of mistakes in the games i normally beat when i emulate on other devices, and i ve noticed the input lag, but i think it also depends a lot on the device, the phone i currently own has the worst of all i have owned, sometimes i get double inputs or even no input at all, it's fucking frustrating, and it did not happen as bad in a Samsung S4 i used to won before, but i fell for the chinese "flagship" tier phone meme and it's clear they cut corners here and there, Bluetooth input and compatibility through OTG being some of them.

Kys

Might as well ask here. I'm stuck using a Cirka PS3 controller for the time being since a PS3 I picked up was supposed to be bundled with a controller, the seller tried to weasel out of sending anything but the system itself, but eventually sent this third party one as the "bundled" item. It works well enough with PS3 games, aside from the controller having an inbuilt sleep-mode that kicks in after X amount of time with no input, but in trying to play PS2 games on the system (this formerly being a 60GB backwards compatible model I've upgraded the HDD for) it seems the controller fails to read the system as being on, and thus I can't do shit with it in that mode. I'd wager that the same thing is liable to happen with PS1 games, though I haven't tried just yet. I'm guessing that getting an actual DS3 would be the best remedy, but I figured I might ask if anyone else has used Cirka PS3 controllers before, if they've also had this issue, and if there might be a workaround without having to get another controller.