Can you guys suggest me a game/mod with atposhpere of Darkest Dungeon, you know stress, dark, grimmy and loony stuff?

Can you guys suggest me a game/mod with atposhpere of Darkest Dungeon, you know stress, dark, grimmy and loony stuff?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5mQEhl6GXvM>>13789201
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=132860971
sites.google.com/site/infraarcana/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There's "Pitch black dungeon" mod.

Dungeon of the Endless

I suggest you get better taste.

You mean like full sadness and helplessness?
Yomawari.

Real life.

Rengoku
Baroque

Dwarf Fortress

Yeah I know the mod, its pretty hard though

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try it

Yeah you're right

Thanks man, I'll try that too

These are for playstation I suppose

Thanks for the suggestion, but I dont think I can play it.

The Dark Spire
Infra Arcana

Ice-Pick Lodge games, like Pathologic, The Void or Knock-Knock.

The game is already bullshitty enough.

I got mods to fix that shit (trinkets that are worth a damn, armor that offers protection and not HP boosts, re-balanced building with special events, etc..), not make it worse.

Betrayer is kind of in the same ballpark.

dark souls 1
grim dawn

So I'm sure that is cool for the Apprentice missions, what're you going to do for the other 80% of the game when this flat out sucks?

If you don't mind an adventure game/walking sim, Year Walk sorta fits.

Bloodborne(PS4), if you enjoy Darkest Dungeon stress you'll love the Frenzy mechanic. Eternal Darkness(GC)/Amnesia(PC)/Call of Cthulhu(PC) have sanity mechanics to keep you going. Silent Hill 1/2/3/4(PSX) may find ways to get in your head. Darkwood(PC) has some stressful nights and a fun wedding party to attend. And I'd also like to categorize Vagrant Story(PS1) as pretty dark.

Darkwood

youtube.com/watch?v=5mQEhl6GXvM>>13789201

It hasn't been tainted has it?

Metroid?

Every time
Fuck off

I wouldn't say tainted, there are no memes or anything, the script is treated with the gravity it needs, it's just sorta dry. Too many english terms where nip terms would have worked better. But so's the case with Nioh to a lesser extent and no one's complaining about that.

wait, what the fuck happened to my reply?

anyway, what I've said was, that lots of the games mentioned here are to my liking, so I want to know how is OP's game afterall

Examples?

The main ones that come to mind is "Sis" in the first one when it should be onee-chan, as well as "spirits" to refer to the enemies when in the japanese script it's apparently obake. I know this because you can switch languages and it's all in kana.
You know, not a bad translation in and on itself, just committed to americanize every term (except Jizo statue, that one survived).
Also Night Alone is pretty bare dialogue-wise so it's not all that relevant. Midnight Shadows is more dialogue-heavy due to the much more complex and brutal nature of its plot. I'm not fluent enough to say if that's all on the translation but a few sentences seemed a bit too mature to come out of very little kids.
Overall it's a bit iffy but I can't say I sensed any disrespect in the source material like fucking FE:Fates could have.

You know nothing, John Snow!

These arent pc games right?

Thanks man they look awesome

Thanks buddy, I was thinking about trying it

It's just a bit hard man, all you need is getting used to defeats

I'm already playing Grim Dawn, awesome game
Tried Dark Souls, but I couldnt play it, looks cool but combat mechanic is a bit hard to understand. Dont make that stupid joke git gud dont be that autist guy

Thanks for the suggestion, but I dont really like walking sims

Thank you very much man, these are nice games, I saw darkwood and call of cthulhu(its last game) and I was thinking about giving it a try. Can I find silent hill games to pc?

Oh by the way if you guys like madness stuff, I suggest you to check Sanitorium

What's so hard to understand at simple rolling and attacking?

Only time I'll spoon-feed you
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=132860971

Dark Souls was the clusterfucked because they went "oh shit we lost the IP rights to Demon's Souls so lets make a sequel to Demon's Souls but not the same Demon's Souls but kinda but also not". Dark Souls is a game that's basically trying to sneakily reference Demon's Souls all the time, sometimes not so sneakily.

My point is you should play Demon's Souls. It's much more coherent and is easier to understand than Dark Souls.

Happy you like my suggestions.

sites.google.com/site/infraarcana/

I'll throw in Sunless Sea (and SS - Zubmariner) too, assuming you like victorian/steampunk vibes.

And you might also like The Suffering. It has a legally free version floating around the Internet too.

Fucking how? Dodge when you can, block when you can't and hit shit until it dies when you get the opportunity - and if you're having trouble, apply buffs to your weapon and/or summon a friendly phantom. You can even get some of the best weapons in the game before getting to the Gargoyles.

Nigger, what?

I have a pack of level 6 crusaders with hero rings/ancestral statue + holy crusade orders. It's fucking ridiculous.
Can deal massive damage even from the back (holy lance), everyone heals, almost roll virtuous instead of panic.
It's the boss killing team.

Diablo 1 has a pretty grim and overall very dark atmosphere. I don't know how but the team for it really nailed down that gritty aesthetic that gave the game even a horror aspect in a sense.

JERUSALEM

Bitter Black Isle in Dragons Dogma

Everything you need to know about ARPG players encapsulated in two lines.

Kill yourself.

Pathologic, The Void, the Drakengard series, the Thief duology. STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl probably deserves an honorary mention for being this rare case of a game set in the pre-apocalypse, too.

"Fear and Hunger" maybe, its very roguelike and grim for the sake of grim, also, you will die alot for shitty reasons.
Also, its still in demo stages

Lemme quickly just recommend Drakengard once more. Embed related.

STALKER SoC is fucking amazing, especially playing on the Master difficulty. If anyone hasn't played it already, you're in for a fucking treat. You basically start out as a hobo running from mutants, goverment goons, and bandits in Chernobyl while chilling in comfy loner villages.

ermmm..

lel its installed, thanks for the guide man, I guess I'll give it a try.

Demon souls dark souls, arent they same?

Ofc man, I really like sunless sea though, I play it sometimes

Oh, good old times. I remember when I was scared of that game, thanks man

I only managed to get out of asylum

I played diablo 2 and grimdawn similar to diablo 1

Thanks man, I've heard of dragons dogma it looks pretty cool though

Thank you very much man, how about the latest thief game?

Looks really nice man thanks

Don’t play Thief 4. Play Thief 1 and 2 first. There are a couple bugfixin mods. One is called tafferpatchet and I forgot the other. There are also some higher quality texture packs if you’d prefer a nicer looking game. After you’ve played thief 1/2 try the third game. It’s not as good as the first two but worth a try. There is also a fan made project called The Dark Mod. Definitely check that out. Thief 4 however is pretty much irredeemable in my eyes, relative to the first two games.

Tafferpatcher is the fix for Thief 2. The fix for Thief 1 is called TFix.

Thanks, I added them on my wishlist, and thanks again for the mods

It's not on steam right, because I couldnt find it

honestly you should just pirate them both. I’m pretty sure that the people who actually deserve to be making money from the game are no longer being payed for each sale. someone correct me if i’m wrong though.

yeah, its not on steam

DEUS VULT!

EYE

DEUS VULT!

I played that game, it was good.

Okay then, you're probably right