Has anyone else played this pile of utter shit?

Has anyone else played this pile of utter shit?

I cannot for the life of me comprehend why this game is liked outside of its setting. Trying to play the game IIRC on the hardest difficulty setting (might be second hardest if the hardest requires beating the game first) and no auto-aim, it's piss easy outside of the shitty controls. The gunplay is UNBELIEVABLY bad, it's literally just pointing and clicking with an analog stick, it's shockingly bad because this is one of the things people praise the most about the game. It's so boring, as a matter of fact, that I've gotten through maybe 20% of the game if that and I just gave up because it's a snoozefest. Outside of the shitty gunplay the game is also pretty boring and the horse controls are some of the worst controls of anything in gaming ever. Majorly disappointed with this shit, if you've never played this before because you only have a PC you aren't missing anything good.

No, cause i never owned ps3.

Popular opinion is retarded, news at 11

I like the horses and the guns and the story. Are you sure you aren't just suffering from chronic shit taste?

yes, I have played this utter pile of shit. my experience was the same as yours -
terrible controls and a wonderfully soporific story that I often just skipped because it was so overly melodramatic. it was well into R*'s post-SA slump of churning out godawful 'muh realism' games, so I can't say I'm surprised

Same. I did enjoy some of writing though but it ruined it for me you play as his pussy ass looking son when you finish the game.

That why I played RDR through chronusmax by mouse or gyro. And the standalone addon is complete bugged if you update it.

hello reddit, being contrarian still doesnt make you fit here, sorry!

/thread

what the fuck is with all the Rockstar Games Shills today?

sage negated, you faggot

Same reason GTA is liked

NO COMPETITION

What.

It's repetitive. it's liked for its story which is good. Should've been a movie rather than a video game

Actually I take that back. The story as a whole about a man's family being held hostage by the government to hunt down his old gang members is a great idea. Red Dead Redemption falls apart in the specifics. The story has potential and needs lots of work

never said I like the thing, but the op of this is utter garbage. He doesnt have to enjoy it but if he honestly doesnt see why so many people like it and where it strenghts are he is just being a faggot with shit taste.

Which can be said about a lot of games.

Yeah
Well some of the bandit hideouts are fun to complete, but that's only in multiplayer mode where each camp has like four times the amount of enemies who can swarm you from every direction and who seem to deal more damage. Fortunately, you can just skip the single player all together and go into a local LAN private lobby and complete all the bandit hideouts yourself. To be clear, I am not suggesting that the mechanics are deep or engaging, just that it can be fun to kill some of the enemies. However, the appeal of this quickly vanishes as it becomes apparent just how repetitive it is, and what you're left with is another empty, albeit beautiful, open world with collect-a-thon objectives and some side-missions that do a decent job of creating some atmosphere.
Yeah, well it's your basic third person cover-based shooter with bullet time and-shoot-at-whack-a-mole-esque enemy patterns, what'd you expect?
Yeah, well, it's pretty shit in the sense that the guns are not realistic, but then again the game is more of an arcade styled shooter, it wasn't meant to be a simulator. Whoever you talked to misled you if you expected this game to feature an in-depth and extensive firearm combat subsystem.
Eh, they're not that bad, though I guess it can be annoying to force your horse to gallop by constantly tapping the X/A button over and over again. It's not like you're really expected to do anything else while on horseback

Anyway, yeah, it's a pretty par-for-the-course AAA third person shooter. The gameplay is merely a vehicle that facilitates the setting, story and atmosphere. This is yet another 'cinematic' game that wants to be deep and mature and artsy and all that bullshit. The game manages to deliver on this front to some extent, so I have to ask again, "What the fuck were you expecting?"

fugg, meant for

So, like 2% of the game ruined 98% of the game for you?

Please elaborate on these strengths you speak of, because the gameplay is complete dogshit. See

Cry more faggot. If you don't like it then don't fucking play it you miserable contrarian cunt.

Later in CY+3…

Cry more faggot. If you don't like this thread then don't fucking post in it you miserable mongoloid child.

It's got a bit of a learning curve to it. I put it down the day I bought it and didn't come back to it for over a year. Once I got going, however, I enjoyed it immensely. I still have to finish the final chapter, then I can allow myself to finally start playing Undead Nightmare.

I'll take Saint's Row over GTA any day of the week. It's more fun, and funnier, too, with customization of your character. Plus SR4 proved that there is no longer any excuse for not making a decent sandbox superhero game.

I miss the feel of Saints Row 2. It was the perfect balance of serious and silly.

Did you read the OP, dipshit? I'm not playing it. God forbid someone criticize your shitfest on an imageboard designed for discussion of video games. Pretty sure you're the same guy as before with a VPN though, considering your habit of using the word contrarian for when someone criticizes a shitty video game.

Shame though, because SR2 also has shitty gameplay. Shooting and driving both feel terrible.

I know what you mean. My dream game is a proper sequel to Saints Row 2 with the driving and customization of Saints Row 4.

If it had a PC port you would be singing nothing but praises for it.

Yeah the setting was what made it, they did a solid job on that aspect of it.

check em

Put in nearly 50 hours of liars dice and card games, never got past the first town.

It's been a while since i played it but i remember liking the way the enemies react to being shot

*OP is a faggot*

It wasn't a bad game, just a mediocre one in a landscape of awful games, at least for PS3 owners.
The characters and plot failed to be interesting to the point where I lost interest in the game not long after entering Mexico.
The gunplay was typical third person shooter through and through, enough to keep things going I guess, but not really achieving anything of note.
The multiplayer was basically a goofing off sandbox much like GTA4 just without the racing to keep me entertained, even with friends my interest died quickly.

I never much liked the idea of the setting of the wild west, the only time I've ever enjoyed that scenario was watching django unchained. So maybe that has something to do with it, but the game just never tickled my fancy and made me quite relieved I bought it second hand on the cheap a few years after release.

Yep, ended up playing horseshoe and poker for 20 minutes until i realised it stunk and i was bored. The Zombie-expansion is better done.

This is some high quality reverse psychology shilling tbh

you are fucking retarded