Holla Forums makes an RPG maker game Try #2: The More organized edition

Seeing that last thread derailed into a complete mess of posting different ideas and didn't come to any conclusion, Mostly because of me being a faggot and not setting any more cohesive rules I decided to follow one user's advice and remake the thread but this time with better organization. Let's try again.

Rules
>You cannot tamper with the location of other anons unless you need to change something small so that the character can get into your location. Like putting in a teleport
>You have to put the "credits" sequence at the exit of your location with your location added in into the credits. You can change the music if you want

The basics
>The main character is user We need a sprite for him
The rest is completely up to you.

Here is a link to the base of the game:
mega.nz/#!Va4jXDrZ!2nwFudPAjjrbL0Ml9k9bIj5sDr6hkrQVDmcA_vDF_uw

And here is a magnet of RPG VX Ace:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:a05eb6eae518c41363aa7ed55dc1409469bfd1eb&dn=RPG+Maker+VX+ACE+1.01a+%28Already+Cracked%29&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969

Other urls found in this thread:

rpgmaker.pl/rpgmaker/rpgvxace/rpgvxace-rtp100.rar
expirebox.com/download/2043ecc307c407ddac723fabbbd13025.html
mega.nz/#!82RCwBwA!67aPXkRjE4mW8Ibcq0ODRyWFzuD3xYAsgQZK8qi8DtY
mega.nz/#!1axSVTiD!Is38OKObISVQDOR2A4-D7KaNhf3tD0RTcmu_9Bt5KZI
abobosbigadventure.com/
mega.nz/#!oopEkYaA!grchxkM3SGE9RHGKs1agLdGlwqtk_PSDAX3eEIRibpE
mega.nz/#!wGoBTJCS!2naoFiPsoGduK4NPHPgM2R9_Ykmn2j7UpbiGL6J-N6M
mega.nz/#!zcQAlZCB!39Wxol9ZrU6S2dGzhAXHCShbNSXqjwKn1iYu0_A9zRg
mega.nz/#!idpH2ZDQ!_MWKd6ViMJlxHzpZEEssRhxwcCqBGxIQIgubUJBmo9I
mega.nz/#!Ri4FBQyZ!WDp6MWnSRZb9lBzN6zrpkq9wUjQlr24_Rk8lacDohFY
mega.nz/#!5qQDRbgS!BbpjcD3REykX3BBjNPpJAKwBF7uduahUO3m1Gqw4ico
mega.nz/#!xkJXjQbJ!qG6vaE6_9I1RMR-VO8S7_bxmB0CtKBoYP7V_DVlQdnk
mega.nz/#!R8RmWSqa!-ylYsXZtY1BwYASdAeGUvGhEB1XZGJOYcmmbpbhSB4M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

sounds fun. If this thread is alive tomorrow I will probably give it a swing.

Holla Forums is too lazy to do anything

I'll give it a shot once I'm done torrenting. Do I just export the entire file or do I have to do something special?

Also I'm just going to say that the version of the base game is not the same as the one I posted in the previous thread. Seeing that we somehow managed to agree on a basic premise I decided to remake it so that it fits more.

That's why this involves anons making one location at a time. If you don't feel up to a challenge of creating a big place like a city location, don't do it, you can just create a small house instead and link it to something someone else made.

You export the file and then use RPG maker VX ace to open in in a editor. I do not actually know whether or not this torrent involves the RTP files so if you have problem running the program, try installing this: rpgmaker.pl/rpgmaker/rpgvxace/rpgvxace-rtp100.rar

Yeah but I'm asking what I do when I finish my changes.

You save the files and then export it, then you put them up on some trusted sharing website and put them there so other anons can check it out. That's it.

Just check it by running the game through it's exe once you're done with it before you export it.

Sounds fun, but I'm curious to know how you expect to tie all these unrelated dungeons and town together even semi-coherently.

can you add sprites and shit?

Yes that's why I was asking for the sprite of an user, because right now his sprite is a completely generic RTP asset.

That's the fun part

Someone, namely OP, will have to do a QA pass and tie it all together. Then slap it up on Steam for $9.99 and call it his own.

Actually I have a few more questions. Say for instance I wanna create Fuck-Ass Mountain, do I have to declare it here or can I just go? Do I have to make my own enemy mobs? Assuming I add my own content, how are you gonna add it to the base game?

can someone pls send rpg maker vx ace in a zip or something similiar?

Nigger you need a license to do that and I'm not paying for that shit. It's too fucking expensive and we're building this on pirated copies.

>There are base enemy mobs but my version was in Japanese so it probably won't help the RTP assets and rules mostly suck so it's more favorable to make your own skills, enemy mobs, status conditions etc. You can add whatever you want just don't delete other people's stuff
>You are expected to work on the files we've sent you and send them here, but you can start making your own stuff right now if you want because you can copy most stuff in between projects. For example if you create a new mob or class you can copy it from one project to another by copy paste, you can do the same stuff with maps and other things

You are the saviour of men user, this is the official sprite we will be using.

Okay, I get it now. I can only assume this is gonna be a fucking disaster, but it should be good for a laugh.
I'm gonna make a Water dungeon with the music from Dire Dire Docks.

Fuck that, I'm never working with that shit again unless it's some dinky rpgmaker2k3 project I can easily port to EasyRPG.

Actually, no one really clearly declared themselves as for who will be the first one who will add the next location in.
Who will be creating the location outside of user's room? You can also declare other locations you want to create, just say that they won't be locations outside of user's room

Also the person who declares themselves should add this as the main character's sprite As he will be the one who will post the next base of the game

I'm retarded, please help.

I was going in with the idea that it's going to be a disaster of a game… but that's what makes it fun

This means that everything around his face is transparent. It's good, exactly how it should be.

i try making character sprite look more bearable, and added red hands

I wonder whether it wouldn't be a good idea to delete the eyes completely.

OK, so claiming the first town.

Will it be outside user's house?

Since I own RPG maker licenses I'll be the one to put it up on Steam and steal all of your sheckles. :^^^))

>Implying that anyone would buy it

Yep.

no eyes! also, a hastily recoloured green version if someone needs one.
btw, can someone send rpg maker in a zip or rar?

So what theme are we going for, if noone responds, I'm going to make a shopping mall with plenty of potential autistic moments.

Why would you want it in zip or rar? You have a perfectly working magnet in the OP. And this sprite looks far better.

I mean the plot involves user losing his PC and console, so shopping mal would probably fit.

i dont know how to pirate

A shopping mall where you can have autistic encounters with security if you bring your katana.
Or you can go to the Mcdonalds for some Reddit and Memey tendy sauce
Or you could go to the gamestop and spill spaghetti there

It already installs itself, it's not rocket science.
Also, for someone who never touched RPG maker outside some tile mapping, you can learn the most important stuff in less than three hours, right?

Yes, it's really fucking easy.

hm it not work for me. i should be able to learn it quick

God damn, I forgot how tedious making tilesets was.

good thing we're doing this from scratch anyway

inb4 broquest
int4 tumblr/reddit project wanking
inb4 people give up early
inb4 dev hell

why are people such massive faggots about this? what are they trying to change by posting shit like this?

Pretty much finished. How do I add credits?

I thought I finished my room, but apparently you can walk straight through my custom wall tiles. Fuck.

Create an event, and copy the credits from the previous location to the exit of your location, adding your area to the credits, copy the music as well if you have no other.

Also did you link user's house with the city?

I'm about to.

improved green user's suit colour

Give us the file once it's ready.

If Holla Forumsirgin quest ended up working out, this could.
Just have to not get particularly autistic about the game actually being good, since that isn't going to happen.

i'm willing to toss my tism prism into the ring, but have no solid idea of what is needed

Okay, I fixed the passing though walls shit, but do I have to wait for townAnon to upload his level so I can link it to my level, or is OP gonna do it himself?

Just give me a minute, just gotta update the walksprite then I'll upload it.

i mean i think that's kind of a big problem with making an rpg as a group. the vip series got away with it by everyone being told 'ok make a level' and then someone put the levels in ascending difficulty order. no coordination or planning was needed, it was basically just a pack of levels made independently that got complied together. that worked for asmt/a2xt/etc, too. having only one person able to work on it at a time seems like a recipe for failure

expirebox.com/download/2043ecc307c407ddac723fabbbd13025.html
Sorry, I don't have a MEGA account. Feel free to do whatever with the house I didn't mark with a sign.

Neat, I'm getting on this right away.

Yeah, I can already see how this project become a disaster. If too many people work on a level at the same time, the OP better figure out how to naturally integrate everything into the game.

Don't treat this like your serious project, we mainly do this for the sake of fun and shitposting to see what people will come up with.

Question. Has there ever been a good RPG maker game? Can Holla Forums's game have Moonman and Sam Hyde as NPC's in a resistance movement similar to Avalanche from FF7? Can the first mission be blowing up a Negro Reactor owned by the Sheeny Electric Power Company?

So what's the policy on repeat mapmakers? Do they have to wait until other anons have made more maps or what?

Plently
Logomancer, OFF, etc

There's no problem here, just wait for someone else to update the game with their own map to give other people a turn too before making another one.

C-can I j-join?

Just wait for your turn and tell us what you want to do Also holy shit mate

is anyone working on a woods level?
let me know when, I'm working on one myself
I made the exit first, that one could lead into a town later as well
I was going to go for an /x/ themed forest/woods level later as well

holy mother of autism

spriteanon here, tell me what you need, give me dimensions, and I will do what I can.
I'd pirate it myself but I'm still in college and with my parents, don't want them getting any letters from our internet provider.

oh boy

A-austin?

Dude, that's nearly four months of RPG Maker.

Can Mark be the minor boss enemy who ends up becoming a (completely useless) party member after you defeat him?

Okay, my room's almost ready, I've just gotta upload it.

mega.nz/#!82RCwBwA!67aPXkRjE4mW8Ibcq0ODRyWFzuD3xYAsgQZK8qi8DtY

Not sure if the level is beatable without running away.

How about a dimension shift mechanic then?

What's the size/color limit of the portrait?

The size is fine but there's transparency issues.

OP here don't know whether my IP carried on, switched devices. I must to to sleep I'll check the thread tomorrow.

I'm asking because I want to try one myself.

The portrait was 97 x 96.

Ah, this'll be fun.

Also just before I go, I'll remind you that next person should declare that they want to add a Level in, there were a few People that wanted to do that so you should tell us if you want to go first now.

user, honestly not trying to be rude but the shit quality of these games is honestly depressing. If that is the best of the best then I am heartbroken. Is there any GOOD RPG maker games? Like at least the quality of Breath of Fire 1? You know something that stand on its own, is fun to play and is not trying to be artsy fartsy? As in not that trash Yume Nikki? Meme hipster indie pixel shits give me the runs.

OFF is pretty good, shut your asshole. But have you played LISA the Painful RPG?

holly shit kill yourself you pretentious hipster faggot. Next thing you know you are going to be trying to say Undertale is good.

I actually don't like Undertale (which is not even an RPGM game) and i'm far from being pretentious or a hipster. Nice google reaction picture newfag.

hhheeehhhhh There ARE no good RPGmaker games. The ones user just listed for you are the only ones even remotely popular.

I think he was trying to be ironic, irony is kind of pretentious though.

I'll upload my shitty rpg tomorrow.
How are we planning on putting them all together?

The idea that we're supposed to go one at a time, then once someone uploads their level, the next person adds on to it. It's bound to get confusing if too many people work on their levels at once, but it's pretty easy to port content from one project into another.

Just link the maps together.

Is there money involved?

Yes, get on your knees, close your eyes and open your mouth.

git would make this a lot easier, wouldn't it?

I can't wait to make a side quest for user to steal hd texture packs for Cornell from the fur fortress of sotamusara.

Here's an extremely rough version of user's portrait I'm working on.

Whoops

I actually have a copy of this on Steam, but never actually got around to using it. Is there a vague idea of a deadline for this?

Not if I beat you to it.

Also meant to ask if having a different version will affect it in anyway

Not in MV?

main character is a nigger, make it happen

can we add a black guy who only use's spears

An user game? I would play it ironically. If you really wanted more interest, you would add cute 2D girls doing moeblob things.

It was decided in a poll.

Do it yourselves.

Sorry OP, but I'm already making a RPG maker pr0n game.
I ain't got time fo dis.

Let's wait for this man to upload his level, in the meanwhile how is everyone's progress doing?

That looks great!

Weird, the music in user's water level doesn't seem to work as it's supposed to.

Is spriteanon still here? Could he make a sprite of a tv and a console if he's able to? Also I will create Halfchan's tent and seeing how it's a side location, not connected anyhow to the next part, I will add it in immediately.

Do we get Gondola as a party member??

Worked a bit more on it. Had to start tracing FE sprites since I'm shit at clothing

What size do you need them to be?

holy shit those armpits are worse than I thought

The same in which you did user character.

I rate a 0% chance of this working out

t. optimist

Got no knowledge of how to work RPG Maker, and this kind of self indulgent thing is usually a cringe fest, but I'll be pretty disappointed if I don't get to romance cute girls in this.

I rate it 1%

yes

wrong file

Yume puking is very apropos. You see I don't hate RPGmaker games on on principle. In fact I love old JRPG's and it wouldn't be too hard to at least make something comparable to Dragons Quest 3-4. I hate them because they are all trash. In fact I am hopping that Holla Forums RPG maker game bucks this trend and is actually fun.

That is the sad part. Popularity seem to be a corollary with repulsiveness.

I tweaked your design a bit

Nice

Got it, give me a couple hours though.

Logomancer seemed really fun to me though OP, it had an interesting world as well as an interesting battle system.

*user, don't know why I said OP

The console is sort of a placeholder for now. I'll come back to it if we need to.
But a real question I've had has been, what about the writing?

Can you make a controller too ?

hmmm, there is something 4th wall breaking about the aesthetic. I screams rape, futa, BBC & nasty cocksluts.:^)

I actually meant the character sprites, but this will come in handy too. Sorry for confusing you user.

Not that these are bad, but can we do something less pudgy?

Dr. Pavel, I’m CIA

Holla Forums made this though, someone posted a thread about it a while back.

What was about ?

Do other boards get referenced in this game, like /a/, Holla Forums, /monster/, etc? Or is it a tale of Holla Forumsanon reclaiming his vidyas?

I'm also wondering this, what's going to happen with the writing? Are we just going to dogpile shit on?

That depends completely on you guys! If you want to add references to another board, do it! If not, then don't.

mega.nz/#!1axSVTiD!Is38OKObISVQDOR2A4-D7KaNhf3tD0RTcmu_9Bt5KZI

Here is the new version with Halfchan's user house added as a location.

I think it'd be a better idea to just keep this as an Holla Forums only thing. I don't really see why we'd need to have a cuckchan locale besides the off reference to them loving cock or something.

We should keep it just on Holla Forums

or that yeah

that's fine
isn't that a bit boring?

Some boards are MORE retarded, but I'm not the ruler. If everyone is ok to introduce all boards, that's okay; m'kay

Nice toilet room

what I was thinking was other board are the enemy's user.

Both replied are mine.

Ah sorry, I thought ye were talking about introducing other boards on the project. But, making other boards our enemies is a good idea. (still nice toilet room)

How about we keep things Holla Forums themed, but allow other boards to join?

yes I know

you don't. You make other boards into npc or enemies at best. Not literally other boards helping build the RPG. But honestly that is up to RPGmaker Dev.

how about we finish this first and then maybe expand from the final product of this project afterwards?

Why VX Ace and not MV?

Just reminding you to add to this version now in case someone hasn't noticed the link.

Because it was a poll and VX Ace won.

Can anyone do some sprites for Dylan and Eric? I'm doing a Columbine chapter.

There are two places you can add your location in as for now. At the end of user's water level, which will basically mean that your location is a continuation of the story and necessary location to visit, or the green house in Novidya Town.

Anyone wants to add their own location in one of those places?

Rip them out of Super Columbine Massacre RPG

Wrong Wrong Wrong, All Wrong

THIS is the Story

OP and all anons here, make sure to put something in this game that makes sharing it a bannable offense on halfchan, as it's already being infect from the get go. If I have time, I might do it. Loli would probably work.

Nigger, he meant that we can put a halfcuck character in our game if we want and he gave us a sprite to do so. One user used this sprite to create a minor antagonist in the second location.

Okay, I jumped the gun there, but my other two memetexts still stand.

I agree to this actually. Stick to the main vision and we can branch out to expand on other stuff afterwards.

I’m not in a place where I can check on these things at the moment, so can anyone tell me if the Holla Forumsanon MC has a solid class worked out yet? For that matter, has any thought been put into exp and level progression?

If we wanted to sidestep some of that, I’ve been reading through tutorials and it should be fairly simple to set user-kun up so that he doesn’t gain levels. That way, dungeon makers can just balance it all around the same base set of stats and skills. We could even give him a move set that changes depending on what he’s got equipped if we wanted to add in a little more variety, though that would actually take a little work.

Personally I'd wait with that once we have the levels in place.
After that we can make a chart that has the levels listed from start to finish so we can decide stuff like where which monsters appear and how strong they are and stuff.

I mean I wouldn't discourage anons from making up weapons/items/etc already, but I'd wait with putting numbers on them.

From my observation of RPG Maker games devs either scrap the actual RPG parts making an adventure/pseudo VN or they try to incorporate combat only for it to become horrendously grindy or otherwise dull and unremarkable.

Simple level design can work. I mean look at Tumblrtale. It's linear as heck.

This user knows what's up, this is a creativity project involving you guys building areas for a game. Just create what you deem would be fun or interesting for the game and we'll try balancing it later on.

Also we can always just change the numbers on the items so I wouldn't worry about that either.

(checked)
Haven't played it yet but apparently it was made in a month. The thread on it seems to have died but it was pretty interesting for rpgmaker.

So has anyone finished the next location?

Does somebody want add a sidequest to their area where you help cuphead and mughead bully a game journalist?

I'd do it myself but I'm shit at RPG maker and not interested in learning

No, they're our enemies too. We need to kill them. Everybody is Holla Forums's enemy

First we'll bully the journalist, then we'll kill him, and then we will kill Cuphead and Mugman.

Why not directly kill them ?

Please kill yourselves posthaste.

Then how will Holla Forums get allies on his magical adventure to retain his vidya?

Who are Holla Forums's allies??

Holla Forums

Make a map if you want to add shit you fucking niggers.

Hotwheels

I didn't want this to happen.
The problem that we have is that people are throwing around ideas that they could have EASILY inserted into the game itself. I mean fuck, that's the point of why we're working on RPG maker in the first place. Learning how to use it can be done in a hour or even less.

I mean it's not like I didn't expect this to happen but I'm still hoping that people will still make their own locations.

Maybe the problem is again with giving people too much freedom there? Maybe it was better to set up a simple plan like:
Maybe that way people would be less confused about what to do?

I like the idea of anons trying their hand at making a rpg maker game although i never touched it except for the games made by the engine. Here's some old nip rpgmaker parody translated a while back.

It's easy mate, the only thing that you have to really lear at all is the use of switches and variables and even then that takes mere moments. A toddler couldn't get confused at RPG maker. If you like the idea then torrent it and make a location, we already have two free spots where you can put the location you want As a side location in the first town in the one house which doesn't have an interior yet, or as the next big location after the first out-of town dungeon

pot calling the kettle black
it might've been shit but at least LISA had gameplay LUL

/kemono/, /monstergirls/, /cuteboys/

The problem is also that we have no idea what theme we are going for here.
Comedy? Light hearted or serious? Combat heavy or adventure?
For example, my Shopping mall idea would be a more adventure game focused comedy where user gets into many autistic situations with cashiers, security and redditors. Would that have fit the tone of the game though?

If we are going for anything other than a shitpost in game form this thread is a waste.

This is starting to sound like Abobo's big adventure.
In fact abobosbigadventure.com/

So, are we to only use RTP assets? Or can we use our own, provided we have them.

Also, am I to assume we all just make our own 'cells' and then they get incorperated into the game somehow?

I'm confused as to how this is organized.

all these boards hate Holla Forums.

And ん/ hates video games

Me too, I've never used rpgmaker before. Will I be able to make something in a new project and paste it into the collab without having to redo everything?

You have to redo everything since you can't import anything.

Read the thread people, the answer to your question is YES. We've already been through this. You can just paste a map into the project you want, same with any data you will change in options, you can copy and paste it into our project. You just have to add the location to a free spot in the project, the latest version of it is this: As for RTP assets, you can add whatever the fuck you want! One user made a custom tileset.

This user is bullshitting you, don't listen to him. You can copy things in between projects, I checked.

That's the point though, the atmosphere is supposed to range from location to location depending on what YOU want to put in. Want to put in an atmospheric section of the game with spooky moments? Do it! You want a location full of funny jokes and comedic appearances? You can do it as well! You want a shitpost meme location? Just add it the fuck in.

The whole point of this is that it's a simple concept with minimal plot to let you guys be creative with what you make. You are supposed to make things that you deem to be interesting with no thematic limits besides the fact that you have to add them in a free spot somewhere Like the free house in Novidya town or at the end of the last location.

As for now user made the first town into a shitpost shitting on halfchan.
I went with it and made halfchan's house with a similar shitposty theme.
But at the same time the introduction of the game is made in a serious atmosphere with maybe a bit of humor thrown around once the narrator starts insulting the thief.
The first water dungeon is actually a quite atmospheric place based on Dire Dire docks with the only real elements of humor being the last boss.

It's obvious that the game won't be too serious seeing that the story literally just involves user trying to find his video games, but at the same time NOBODY is stopping you from making a completely serious location. Fuck you can add a fucking haunted house location trying to make it as creepy as you want.and it would still fit seeing how minimal the plot is.

The theme of the game IS that it has different themes. Just make whatever the fuck you want people, the only restriction I'm thinking about doing is made from a purely gameplay standpoint, which is that we have to have some towns in between the areas, but I'm not even sure whether I should do that seeing that one user wanted to make a supermarket level, which could be used as such and also that we can just put INN and Merchant NPC at whatever location we want later on.

I didn't think copying the map file would just work, but still, if you want to use a global switch,variables, you need the master project. You should put the project files on gitgud.io or something.

They are here for everyone to download

Does anyone actually want to make/is currently working on the next idea?

God it's like herding cats with you people.

*area not idea.

I'm waiting for the next guy to go so I can have a turn.

I've already added a halfchanner's room
You're the user who made the first town right? Me and another user already added two new locations so I think you're completely alright with making another one.

Not touching this gay shit until I see some 1488 or GG references.

You can put in Vivian as a companion if you want user. Why don't you add them yourself?

Because this thread reeks of goons.

OK, I don't know what to add yet but I'll take a look.

Actually I think that Vivian (mage), Moonman (ranged) and some support character alongside with user (warrior called shitposter in this case) would be a nice team comp.

I'm waiting for my turn as I already added a location in.

meant for
He said that he wanted some GG and 1488 references so here's some ideas we might add.
Satisfied now faggot? Are you gonna join or just shitpost.

No, empty icons mean nothing. I want jews and the gaming industry in general being put on blast. Otherwise, this game isn't in 8ch spirit.

Then add a fucking Happy Merchant as a boss, put a location where you destroy games journalism by fighting feminists as enemies. Add a game dungeon based of Kotaku or some other shitty website. The whole point of this whole project is to be able to put shit like that in if you want. You want to make an in-game shitpost about kikes? Then just fucking do it. Be my fucking guest, nobody here is going to stop you from that.

do it yourself.

I've seen the tepid, 'look at me, I know chan parlance' dialogue so far. It reeks of goon bullshit. This whole thing is garbage.

Nigger if you're so displeased with the current state of the game why don't you add something better yourself instead of complaining?

Because the seed of the game, what you put forth, makes or breaks the rest of it. You already fucked it up. Make another thread again.

I've only made the first location making it a simple starting point for other's to add to. What do you even want me to change? The only things I was directly involved with so far were user's house and halfchan user's house.

Ok, where's the mention of jews?

Are you autistic user? That was a short throwaway joke constrained to one message box. You're telling me it's what makes the entire project fucked?

You're right, I should have added "kike" there, it would fit perfectly. Will update that with the next version.

Yeah buddy, we all know your playbook allows the use of the word kike now. You're fucked either way.

Faggot, I use sage here because I don't think this discussion is on topic you nigger.

Kike.

Aren't you taking that Hitler quote a bit too literary user? You don't think that you will uncover Jews among the populace by calling random people kikes, do you?

Which quote is that, Chaim?

*Goebbels
You know which one I'm referencing faggot.

Sauce?

mega.nz/#!oopEkYaA!grchxkM3SGE9RHGKs1agLdGlwqtk_PSDAX3eEIRibpE
I can't do dungeons so sorry if you were looking forward to another dungeon. This is mostly just gondola related stuff like E.S. and gondola's recruitment quest. I also threw in a party management system because there's so many possible party candidates that otherwise the story could risk a chaotic amount of losing and gaining party members.

Get out neogaf.

The Gondola character place is a little bit too empty in my opinion, it would be nice if you added some trees or stuff in your next update, also we should probably change the "teleport crystal" so that it can't be used in the Party Room because otherwise you can get stuck forever there.

Not only that but the exit from the Party Room should be more visible. And maybe we would change the Party Room itself into a more fitting, joke location? Maybe an actual club where the party members sit around and drink with each other. Maybe even putting a merchant there would be interesting.

That gives me an another idea actually, if we can change party members now, maybe it would be good if some locations could be entered only with specific party members?

I'm going to create the second building in the Novidya town.

is virgin quest two not full of memes edition actually happening?

You're right, I was a bit lazy with the scenery and I'll fix that on my turn. Also I forgot that you could still use the crystal in the zone. You're on your own with most of those party room ideas though, I can't map for shit.

Okay, I'll think of main quest stuff to do in the meantime.

Nope.

fack, at least don't fucking put the purple pengiun empire in it

I think we have somebody who can make sprites, we'll try to squeeze it in.

fuck, please don't put in crab nicholson's extreme sleep over either

Now you're just being greedy.

I don't want these things

I know, I was messing with you.

not allowed tbh I'm a fragile neckbeard who's emotions aren't for playing with

How much do you use reverse psychology do not want those memes in?

I'm sorry.

exactly none percent

How do I get it so I can playtest my level?

You press the green "play" button.

Add an event in user's room to warp you directly to the location (make sure to delete before sending) and press the green triangle.

Maybe it would be nice to add a developer room from which we could warp to any location and get any item.

Delete System32.

I finished the new version, added a few development tools as well as adding a new location divided into two maps and giving players an option to finish the Gondola quest. Currently uploading.

Here you go:
mega.nz/#!wGoBTJCS!2naoFiPsoGduK4NPHPgM2R9_Ykmn2j7UpbiGL6J-N6M

My idea is for the interdimensional tavern to be a location filled with different characters that can give you side quests and maybe even join in on your travel as additional companions. So feel free to add any if you have ideas. The section near the left, with the steel tables is supposed to be a VIP room that you unlock later in the game. Near the piano I thought about making a merchant that would sell you high level gear once you unlock him.

Add that as a side plot or make a pirate companion if you want user. You're free to do so.

HELLO FRIEND DO YOU HAVE AN ZIP OF RPG MAKER VX EDITION YET?

2.5 hours of my life I'm never getting back
Consider this a shitty side-story :^)
mega.nz/#!zcQAlZCB!39Wxol9ZrU6S2dGzhAXHCShbNSXqjwKn1iYu0_A9zRg

Just download a torrent software and use the magnet man, it's not that hard.

What did you do user?

You fucked something up and I can't playtest it user.

user your file seems to be lacking files you've added into the game.

Oh fuck, Im making a gondola island, did anybody do that yet?

No, he only made a small location in which you meet a Gondola party member. Latest version is here take a look at it.

Fug, my bad.
It might have been one I got off of some nip site. I'm a wagecuck, so I'll fix it tomorrow.

hello freinds i have created the afro man

hmm i think game would beter as a single grant journey, having a locatin that progresses along you dont really fit, you know i mean?

it hm remove adventure, the danger of unknown? maybe that better to describe? havign a place like itnerdimensional bar which goes with you on your journey reduces quality of all places you travel through, because it's not like you really are in an unknown foreign county?

imagine trip from top of china to vietnam, and then imagine trip from top of china to vietnam except you can conviently teleport into the same bar every town.

It'd probably be easier to have one person on glue duty to stick all the shit together with an anchor post for submitted rooms, trying to read through this thread is a clusterfuck.

Fixed version right here, my goys
mega.nz/#!idpH2ZDQ!_MWKd6ViMJlxHzpZEEssRhxwcCqBGxIQIgubUJBmo9I

Is anyone putting the nigger in as a playable character, if so I'm gonna add him to my area recruit-able ala Yuffie style.

if not*

niggers

Here's a small problem with this:
This game is made with several anons with no set plan on where we put in town locationns. So having a tavern location that develops alongside you has the most sense because that means that we can always just add a door to a location . It also allows us for an easy way of traveling in between locations that you couldn't backtrack before. That way an user can update his location with a new quest that requires the player to get an item from one of the later locations and then come back to that initial location to finish the quest.

Some other user proposed a dimension hopping mechanic and I thought it was not a bad idea at all. But I don't know, what do you guys think?

Would someone be able to make a map? And have it lay out very simplistically like a pokemon reigon for example? Or we can just continue with the dimension hopping.

Or maybe like dragonquest i dunno

If we changed up a few things in this we could potentially make it into a side location in the game, or even a full blown continuation of some other location. We would just have to make (((Shekelberg))) work for someone else who wanted to steal the vidya and say that Half user joined him later on because of the grudge towards user that he has gained after fighting user in the first town, instead of being the culprit about vidya theft.

Sounds good.
What can I add/change?

I think there should be a world map. You could just slap anything on a map without worrying if it fits into one of the unused exits.

I think you should wait for a free spot to appear first.

Is it true beginners limit their imagination in order to match their low-programming experience?

Even more adept people limit themselves. Limits create creativity user. That's why writing competitions are quite fun because you have to think about how to turn a theme you often might dislike into something fun.

So if I need some of my own tiles should I make add a new tileset onto the list or should I add them to the default ones?
Also I think gondola looks better smiling and the square feet in the vertical walking tiles looked weird. I also thought the eyes looked too small, but then making them 2x2 looks too big. I think it's just that he's not wide enough. Does anyone else think this looks better?

You should add a new tileset, changing one of the default ones will change other people's map too.

Island user if you are still here would you mind updating us on your progress with the Gondola Island?

I have never used rpg maker before and it turns out I barely had any idea what I was doing when making Gondola island.
I have an idea of the storyline and the layout of the island along with the enemies and items.
's game was fucking amazing. He is currently my example of how to make an rpg maker game.
As I am currently on youtube learning how to use rpgmaker, gondola island may take a while to complete.

If I take too long I wouldnt mind for someone else who wants to do it too to finish it instead.

That's the spirit user! I'm exited to see what you'll make.

hello freidns

is there a zip yet?

This looks like the latest version
I have no idea how many other people are working on something or where any of it will fit in. Is anyone making a world map or planning to have their area lead to one?

One of the games should be held by a corporate executive and you get it back by fighting him with the help of a pirate

Finally, all my time dicking around in rpgmaker is going to produce and contribute to something of value.

I'm going to work on a map pack for anyone to use, no story just maps. I'll throw in a generic world map too for if anyone wants to use it. The maps can easily be copy an pasted into the project so others can keep working on what they are working on.

Kurrey?

To make it really unique, the boss attacks with microtransactions that literally drain your money. Once you run out of money, getting hit with microtransactions summons bankers who try to convince you to take loans. Taking these loans ensures that you take money damsge rather than HP damage and once the battle is over you need to pay them back.

I'm too lazy to read the thread, but I want to help out. I have a shitload of DLC from a thread posted a couple years ago. Pic related but it's not an exhaustive list. I'll compress them all and upload to the Holla Forums volafile (volafile.org/r/HF33Go).

I have some objects that damage the player, but they only start moving once they come into view, or at least within a few tiles of it. Is there any way to force them all to move when at least one of them is moving?

Added 2 new NPCs to Lakeside, improved the scenery a bit, added some more items and plot. Not going to claim a location yet though because I haven't started with it yet and I don't want to lock an user out of it if he wants to try it before I get at it.
also one of the NPCs is a jew demon so ed5ba1 won't be able to shitpost anymore :^)

I was the complaining user from the previous thread. This thread is a lot better.

Bar of Broken Feels.

You should still upload the updated version of the game so that we can work on it.

Usually events start moving at whenever once you set them a goal whether that is moving towards players or otherwise. Maybe the problem isn't that they're not moving until they come into view but that they're too slow for you to notice. Try changing the speed around.

Thanks user! This should be helpful whenever we don't feel like making our own shit and need to use other tilesets.

I'm pretty sure it's that they only activate once in view. I have a couple of them in a column that should be moving horizontally together but when I move up towards them the higher up ones lag behind. I kind of worked around it by only making them activate once in view, but now if I deactivate them again they continue moving in the same direction they were so if they get activated again they get stuck in places they aren't supposed to be. It's not a big deal though.

funfact: the toonami version removed the manji from his head

I didn't do the best job myself, but it's definitely better than yours

I added a small side area to novidya town.
mega.nz/#!Ri4FBQyZ!WDp6MWnSRZb9lBzN6zrpkq9wUjQlr24_Rk8lacDohFY

just let every section use different slightly less shitty portraits, it adds to the aesthetics of shitposting.

==Newest version==
Maybe you could add an item that you can get from reading that book which could be used for some side quest character later on. Maybe in the interdimensional tavern. This was surprisingly funny user, good job.

Shit, I feel stupid now.

Also user, you forgot to add your location in the credits.

Something like this?
I also added a self switch to it so you can't enter it twice.

also thanks for the heads up.

Yes like this, this gives your location some relevance. We could make a joke where it is used in a side quest somewhere.

Then here is the cancer upgrade with credits.
mega.nz/#!5qQDRbgS!BbpjcD3REykX3BBjNPpJAKwBF7uduahUO3m1Gqw4ico

Thanks for the input user, glad you liked it!

Wouldn't you want to add this location into the game user? Once there is a free fitting spot you could actually do that. You would only have to change the plot a bit so that halfanon in there would fit into halfanon from the original game as well just mentioning that Shekelberg works for someone else. And tweak gameplay a bit but that's about all.

Almost all the DLC packs are up on vola now. Only Pandora's Box (fuckhueg collection of usermade content) and a few miscellaneous packs remain. Type RPGVXA into the search if you can't find them.

Next thread will have the links to the DLC packs in the first post after the OP.

Thanks for taking care of that.

Nice quads.

i think the correct way to add gondola is as a collectable, let me explain, gondola is usually found in lonely places away from people, it would make sense to find gondola in isolated places of the map and when you get near it it just disappears, maybe with a "you found 1 of X hidden gondolas!" text popup

think hidden grafittis in GTA:SA

I mean, your vola link will be in the first post.

We've already added a Gondola and it's a party member and an user is making an island of them.

How about kusoge as a collectable?

>modern AAA games are included

So whats our script situation? Are we going vanilla? Because vanilla combat is kind of hard but possible to make fun, also lighting scripts help bring maps alive and can make dungeons dark and towns comfy.

As for now we're going vanilla, we'll see what happens later.

I'm waiting for the thread to hit page 13 and I'll make a new thread once it happens it might be a little later than that due to my timezone. so that hotpockets don't delete the new thread.

I'm a bit too lazy to do that. We could make it some kind of "alternate timeline" or side story like MGQ to fit in more games outside of the game's canon story.

fuck me. I can't believe I just got that joke

Make sure to save all the mega links and put them on a pastebin or something like that

Full Metal Jacket

Hey OP, before this entire project falls flat on its ass, would you consider making a git out of this?
I understand this might ruin the "integrity" of the entire game, and that some people surely won't want to set up whatever site we use to host the git, and that a lot of people won't bother learning how they work, but these threads are going to need much better organisation if you want it to work otherwise. A more strict system where it's easy to decide where one user's "turn" has ended. Plus, it'll save space.

Well I say that, but I'm not entirely sure how git works myself. I just think you'll need to consider revising this a little

I have no idea how it works myself, so it might be a problem but I'll think about it.

I will just save the user's side game, the newest version of the project, the DLC files as well as the magnet and for now put them in the first post. If it becomes to big of a hassle then I will put it in a pastebin.

If everyone would try to imitate my autism, this game will going to turn out great

What's in the notes folder user?

*File, not folder.

Summarising details like the second file, and the first thread being non-extant, basically

Finally claiming the area after Lakeside. Here's a link to the updates beforehand by request.
mega.nz/#!xkJXjQbJ!qG6vaE6_9I1RMR-VO8S7_bxmB0CtKBoYP7V_DVlQdnk
Now featuring the text adventure from and some new minor improvements, like letting you select which face just in case you still want to be world's best shitposter. I'm pretty sure I ported the text adventure correctly but if not then please tell me.

The done option on the merchant jumps back to the start, so you're stuck talking to him forever which makes sense I guess
Also every event that tries to get the worlds best shitposter face crashes, since you renamed it and the game is looking for the old file name.
Text adventure is working properly as god intended though.

You warp to the tavern when you die. In the tavern, you can recruit other Undead to assist you (the flow of time is distorted) you can buy items from the keeper, the Butler. The butler is the one who stole user's video games. They're his only joy for the after-life. The tavern is an infinitely large wooden tower extending into the sky, as per that one /x/ story. When you exit, you teleport to the last bed slept at. You can either die in combat, by taking damage in the overworld, or sleeping in locational savepoints around the world- beds. For some reason, user can not sleep without dying. Yes, this means the "sleep" debuff is actually more of a "death" instakill move. Except for any death that involves sleeping, you lose half of your gold. These "warp to the tavern" death events completely replace the native "game over" event.

Regardless of whether it's from sleeping or not, every death counts towards a counter. Special events happen to those who have never died, or those who have died a significant amount of times.

Well, those are mostly the ideas I had for an old unfinished RPG maker project of mine, but I don't think we could really implement any of that. Sorry if it's a little illegible, I copy-pasted points from old text files and tried to re-order it all

OK, on it.

If you don't want to go through every event you can just import an extra copy of the face with the original file name to the game.

Although it is a bit janky to have the same face twice, it fixes it and people going forward can use the properly labeled face rather than "4675a4…etc"

I don't think the OP, or any of the users here should mind too much if we change others' work to implement more clean solutions. Just put both faces on a single spritesheet, and update everything so they go to the faces the authors wanted to use

Went ahead and replaced all instances because I'm autistic about the filenames.
mega.nz/#!R8RmWSqa!-ylYsXZtY1BwYASdAeGUvGhEB1XZGJOYcmmbpbhSB4M
Pretty sure I got them all but you can check anyway if you want to.

You missed the drawer in halfanon's room but other than that it looks good.

Fug, I'll fix it after I'm done.

Fug, it's too late for me to change computers because I have the file with the post ready on a second computer but I'll save the Mega link and make the thread tommorow. It might apprear a little late as I have a few things to take care of but I'll definitely do it.

Please upload soon, I've got big plans

The final pack, Pandora's Box, should be finished in about ten minutes. This one's 3.7 gigs after 7-zipping it on Ultra with double dictionary size, so third worlders with bandwidth caps should stay away.

Finished Gondola Village. I can either post now or wait until next thread.