ITT: Games you are sad you missed out on

ITT: Games you are sad you missed out on

I was a poorfag growing up and didnt get a home console till a dreamcast in like 2004. I had an amazing time with games like crazy Taxi and House of the Dead 2, but we didn't have home internet so i never had any experience with the online. I played Quake III locally with friends along with Soul Calibre and Power Stone. As well as losing dozens of hours into Skies of Arcadia, Shenmue and Evolution the World of Sacred Device.

But one thing i could never try was Phantasy Star online but it fascinated me. The idea of a virtual online world to play with friends with that SEGA home arcade style charm seemed so rad.

Eventually i left school, got a job in college and never lived the life of the hand me down poorfag again. But even after playing far more complex mmo's i was always haunted by the game i could never try. I loved games like FFXI and to a lesser extent Vanille WoW but hearing about my friends experiences in PSO always remain something i could emulate at best but never experience like they did. The ship simply sailed.

What game has that feel for you?

I never played Unreal Tournament III

It was fun and sanic speed.

My brain was forcibly rewired at a young age by PSO to only truly enjoy third person action games with some kind of RPG level mechanic and loot system. It's a strange kind of suffering, but also without regrets.

I didn't miss out on it but I didn't spend enough time in Guild Wars before they executed player interaction with Heroes. I didn't know what a good thing we had until it was gone.

I understand. I have Monster Hunter XX on the Nintendo Switch because i have a similar need that even moonrunes cannot dissuade.

CITY OF HEROES/VILLAINS

I missed out on Dark Souls pvp when it was new because I was working on a research project for 5yrs in the middle of nowhere.

90% of it was havelfags that turned off their internet when they even had a chance at their opponent surviving.

PSO is still around friend. Private servers keep the game alive and well.

-Ephenia for a totally free to play experience with vanilla flavoring to it with the main goal being quality of life changes. Also is currently the most populated server. 100+ or so people play it usually during the busy hours.

-Ultima for a pay to win style to it that adds a bunch of items and breaks shit.

Schthack is still around as well but will never hit 3-400 some odd people again. And there are a few other servers around as well. Eden is dead sadly.

You can still play PSO on private servers.

Fug i remember

I enjoyed PSO via dialup up until we got cable. Then i had a fancy home made phone jack with a 9volt that i connected to my computers modem while the computer ran some pirated version of phone software. You had to connect wait for a couple seconds then connect the to the software but It was better than not being able to play anymore. Then 2.0 came out and tried to make everyone buy 2.0 and then also pay to play.

The Zelda, Starfox and Metroid series.
well actually any major Nintendo series
I was a SEGA kid back then, and after that i got a Playstation, so i didn't have the chance to play some of those games that are now considered all-time classics.
I am still able to appreciate old games today, but playing those older games now as opposed to playing them the time they came out it's just not the same.

But you can still play it iirc, there are still lots of people even playing the Dreamcast version. I don't know how you would get arounnd the PC version however.

Always been an Idort, but I went full PCfag around 2003. Missed the entire cancer-generation (thank fuck) but I'd have liked to have played Red Dead Redemption.

Some other shit I've not played:

I'm fully aware that the above games are shit, but I'd still have liked to have played them for the sake of context of memes and shit.

RPCS3 is getting there if you want rdr on pc

Never played Diablo 1 or 2
or WoW for that matter

Dark Souls did this to me, so I guess japs do this on purpose.

You dodged a bullet by not playing WOW. It was an endless time sink and far too addictive.