Are there any good supernatural games where its military vs ghosts?

Are there any good supernatural games where its military vs ghosts?

Watching random bullshit on Netflix while playing vidya and i caught the film "Spectral" some corny Netflix original film about a DARPA guy getting called into an eastern europe warzone where his new multi spectrum night vision goggles on the delta force squads have been picking up some strange images near the sites of killings they assume is with a strange new weapon.
Turns out its straight up ghosts, these goggles have been picking up poltergheists that turned violent upon being spotted and the wars riled them up. So they try and come up with ways to fight them.

Not an amazing film but enjoyable enough. Seemed kind of influenced by The Spirits Within in regard to visible only by goggles ghostly enemies but also made me wonder how many games exist that do this blend of armed forces and spooks? there was something neat about the idea of the most lethally armed people grounded i hard science tech running into shit right out of ghost stories.

The most obvious one would be F.E.A.R of course. A squad is sent into an office building with terrorists and don't know theres also a J horror style spooky girl on a murder spree.
But to a lesser extent theres games like Condemned where a CSI guy is stranded in condemned locations like a subway station, a shopping mall or high school with serial killers and ghosts and Ghost Hunter where a beat cop gets pulled into a journey across various haunted locations fighting ghosts with energy based weapons like grimdark ghostbusters.

But beyond that i draw a blank. Are there any other games that blend /k/ and /x/?

Other urls found in this thread:

scp-wiki.net/scp-1983
hooktube.com/watch?v=baXQOr93Sbg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ghosthunter for the PS2, sort off.

Well, in Vagrant Story Ashley is part of a paramilitary elite force and there's quite a lot of ghosts, but I realize you mean modern military.

metro sort of did it, but they're not straight up ghosts.
there are lots of things like this that people would love but it's not considered safe enough to make. personally i want dinosaur hunting games like turok.

Bullets dont kill ghosts

/thread

Geist for GCN, you play as a ghost and fight the military

There was this one game by the same devs who made Primal for the PS2 where you play a cop who has to catch ghost monsters. The name escapes me right now.
Other than that Geist as this user said.

Ye of little imagination.

Bullets are shaped like micro dicks.
Ghosts are actually lingering spirits of super lusty sluts who want to take a dick or two one last time before moving on.

You've got Ark silly

Arx? I love Arx Fatalis!

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

Isn't that the cock sleeve elf?

We got an unlive one

Shadow of Chernobyl is actually a really obvious choice. Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat sort of forget about the whole concept, though.

You'll have to be more specific.

it appears to literally be called Ghosthunter. And doesn't look half bad!

Well played.

MGS3 if you count The Sorrow

You sure about that, m8?

Legendary lets you shoot up mythological creatures, but from what I've seen the game is really quite shit.
Fear: Extraction Point lets you shoot apparitions with guns, but they're not that common. They are more so than in the base game, though.
I know I've seen more games of this kind, but for the life of me I can't remember their names.

I wish there was an X-COM inspired game with you in charge of a paranormal agency. You get to recruit rank and file humans but might get the chance to gain more exotic agents if you play your cards right. You would have to neutralize emerging threats, ranging from the supernatural to the mundane (some human agency sticking their fingers where they shouldn't), collect potent and dangerous artifacts and creatures that can't otherwise be destroyed and hide them, sometimes attack other government(s) and agencies if they try to mess with shit they shouldn't. The only problem would be how to handle the investigative part in a way that wouldn't end up being a budget slider.

whats the second guy going to be able to shoot if his barrel is stuffed with pebbles?

Closest thing I can think of is F.E.A.R and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
I'd really like more /k/ versus the supernatural games. Even if it's just medieval fantasy shit. Having to get all tactical(™) against elves, ogres, gelatinous cubes and dragons sounds like a fun concept.

Not everyone has access to fancy polymer muzzle covers. Those pebbles would get shot out easily.

you were shooting ghosts in the end of call of juarez gunslinger

There's always Spellcross, which is basically a turn-based GATE clone released way before GATE. It's about some evil fantasy races invading modern day Earth and fighting against modern armies.

Reminds me of this SCP entry.
scp-wiki.net/scp-1983

SCP management sim when? Imagine sending a task force to check out an anomalous activity report and then playing the mission yourself, SWAT style. Or having to manage the information blackout after an unknown creature slaughers half of a small town before you could contain it. You could even play out investigations with dialogue boxes and stuff, kind of like King of Dragon Pass does events. All this in addition to managing a base and trying to keep everything contained.

I think is a good question to ask, where can I find themes of different government organizations fighting with each other to decide fate of humanity through paranormal means. You know for example fighting to establish what will happen during apocalypse. I want to see military and scientists trying to control lovecraftian abominations with science when it's clear that they really shouldn't.

So basically the themes of Evangelion but showcased differently.

Something like "Lobotomy Corp" ?

Of all things, Stargate SG-1 approaches that dynamic. It's not quite "lovecraftian", but it is "opposing government agency is toying with very dangerous aliens and putting everyone in danger even though they ultimately have noble goals".

While it's got pozzed elements and some general cringeworthiness, The Salvation War series.handled that a bit in the later parts, although the third book that never got written was supposed to focus on that stuff.

Did you ever see Cabin in the Woods? It's a mediocre horror B-movie where the protagonists become unwitting sacrifices in a carefully controlled ritual to keep the Old Ones locked away. The entire situation is controlled by the government. The titular cabin has hidden cameras, microphones, and even pheromone dispensers so that everything goes according to plan. Of course, it doesn't.
It's not a good movie by any stretch but I found it reasonably entertaining. If you like seeing the supernatural mixed with government conspiracies and cheesy horror it's worth a watch.

I like when the villain is an average man with sufficient charm in charge of an organization who figures out how to weaponize the supernatural upon discovering it.

Parasite Eve 3 in a sense.

How satisfying would it be to see that kind of villain over the course of a long drawn out conspiracy suspensefully ultimately outwit a fish out of water chosen heroine and her goddess companion both with bouncy curves then rape the shit out of them into evil until they acknowledge him as the superior being and supreme mortal?

I don't think this combination is possible in video game. Cool concept, tho. Even in FEAR the protagonist fought against clone soldier because, well, bullet can't hit ghosts.
Maybe the concept work well in more past timeset, with sword or something. Just like Army of the dead from lord of the rings.

well i dont know about ghosts, but if you like sci fi and rts give dawn of war a whirl. youll definitely get your military vs supernatural fix there.

I know its not exactly a soldier, but by the story player later becomes an alien mercenary anyway.

You fight those transparent thing with red glowing eyes in both expansions and technically the floating things you fight after the vault is opened could qualitfy as ghost.

Magically enhanced bullets? Bullets with ectoplasma in them?

Bullets with semen in them.

ah, because life counters undeath?

Exactly.
All those stories of anons dicking ghosts into peace? Fact.

I just want a game where I can pour salt in front of a door to keep the spooks out, man

No, because ghosts are weak against gay, and touching a dude's cum is super gay

There aren't any ghosts in STALKER.

To expand on what this user mentioned, Geist also has a multiplayer mode (can be played with human/bot players) which is literally humans vs ghosts called Hunt.
Hunt is a hosts versus ghosts mode. The hosts, armed with anti-ghost weapons, try to kill the ghosts, while the ghosts try to get the hosts to commit suicide by possessing the hosts and letting them walk into one of the various deathtraps. Hosts can attempt to free themselves from the ghosts' grasp. The first team to get rid of all their opponents' lives wins

hooktube.com/watch?v=baXQOr93Sbg
Vid related (skip to 1:21) with the developer talking about the Geist's multiplayer modes.

I would love to play this game if a GCN VC existed, I know it's not the best game, but at a cheap price it looks like you get some fun out of it.

I wish parasite eve 2 actually got a sequel.

What if the ghost is a girl?

Sperm dies really fast. You have to cum and prepare the bullets, then shoot them within a few minutes.

It's really odd, how few there are like that.

But what if you're fighting semen demons?

Geist?

Marcille a QT and pure.