I'm going to buy a bunch of consoles to be able to play games on hardware

I'm going to buy a bunch of consoles to be able to play games on hardware.
What consoles should I get to cover the largest possible range?

The Xbox and Xbox 360 would have to be on their own as they don't offer the ability for backward compat.

The Wii can play N64 (through VC injects) and Gamecube, while the Wii U would be only for Wii U games.

The PlayStation 2 would be able to play almost the entire library of the PS2 and PSX, apart from the handful (like 20) of PSX games that won't work, which would be addressed later.

Not really familiar with SEGA systems, so how would I go about getting Genesis, Saturn and Master systems playable to the best extent? I know there's that custom-built SEGA machine by some third-party called the Terminator or similar, so that might be worth a look.

As for handhelds, the PSP would handle the PSX games unplayable on the PS2 as well as it's own library, the Vita would be it's own thing and the 3DS would be able to play the 3DS library. On top of that, the 3DS can be used to play GB, GBC, NES, SNES, GBA and DS libraries natively. The PSP also has a metric shit ton of other emulators for earlier systems.

Other than that, what consoles should I look at? I think that covers the main 3 manufacturers at the moment, plus SEGA. I'm not too fussed about original hardware for pre-5th gen as they're much easier to emulate either on a computer or another console.

I suppose if nothing else, console/hardware thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

se7ensins.com/forums/threads/tutorial-how-to-play-ps2-games-on-all-ps3-slim-models.1159103/
hooktube.com/watch?v=AvjUmcoqMQo
xboxdrives.x-pec.com/?p=list
hooktube.com/watch?v=3WdstTRnINk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

At that point just invest in a high end PC.

PS2, Wii, Xbox, 360, 3DS, Vita, and probably some other consoles don't have amazing emulation prospects.
I'm just going to buy they second-hand as cheap as possible with flashcarts/modchips, plus I already own some of the listed consoles, so the total cost shouldn't be too stupid.

How about we just check some numbers to save this trash thread.

You should probably do more research before you spend money on anything.

Then why are you making a thread about it, retard. Fuck, you newfaggots are dumb as shit.

rollan

sega dreamcast

same question as OP
the last console I've owned on its time was N64, and since I've lost basically an entire generation of consoles,
considering they're getting pretty cheaper where I live now, I was wondering if its worth a buy

two main questions though, between Xbox 360 or PS 2~3
1- how easy are is to pirate on them? oldie console where pretty easy to unlock, but given that nowadays they use digital delivery and are essentially spyboxes I'd wonder which ones can pirate or not

2- aren't xbox basically windows clones, nearly most games could be much easier to get on the PC in which case could also run better?

3- is the PS portability also applied to 3 and 4?

A few Xbox games are still exclusives - Gunvalkyrie, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Steel Battalion and its giant controller - and emulation is still preliminary.

nice thumbnail, faggot

The Xbox One has Xbox 360 and OG Xbox backwards compatibility now, but only for limited games at the moment and it bumps up the graphics too, so it's a cheap way to play their games.

No and no. Xbox still has many exclusives plus some PC ports of the time were pretty shit.

Besides the few long-term ones, most of these can be done in a single day, many over only a few hours. Fuck, most of these are things most people do already.

A softmodded Xbox with a sufficiently massive hard drive emulates almost everything. Though 3DO games run at like 1fps. You WILL have to replace the DVD drive, but thankfully those pieces of shit are cross-compatible across the line, unlike the fucking 360's drives. I had to use my 360 to format a memory card to XFAT because my Xbox kept choking on it, but after that, the softmodding process was relatively smooth sailing.

Get a Vita with henkaku. PSP/PS1 emulation and all emulators for PSP.

I don't know if vid related still works because I don't actually own a Wii U, but it's a start. You'll need to mod your Wii U AND your vWii, but it looks doable. I'm told a modded vWii can do just about anything hardware can, so N64 games will probably work too.

There are certain models of the PS3 that can play PS2 games, but those are prohibitively priced. Again, I haven't done this, but it looks like even slim PS3s can play PS2 games if they're softmodded.

se7ensins.com/forums/threads/tutorial-how-to-play-ps2-games-on-all-ps3-slim-models.1159103/

You'll want to mod that too for getting around region lock and making digital backups of all your old games before they fall apart. A 4gb flash drive, USB-to-XBOX cord and black label copy of Splinter Cell/MechAssault/Agent Under Fire will run you about $20 on eBay or Amazon.
hooktube.com/watch?v=AvjUmcoqMQo

Once you've modded it, install a sizable HDD that supports locking.
xboxdrives.x-pec.com/?p=list
hooktube.com/watch?v=3WdstTRnINk

Wii

Instead of getting both a Wii and a WiiU, you should just get a WiiU, since it has complete Wii backwards compatibility and you can play GameCube/Triforce games with Nintendont (if you want to argue that you don't want to use 'emulation', don't it's a VM, not emulation).

I've never had any trouble with using a USB loader in my vWii, though to be fair, I use one with SD support because I have a huge SD card that I otherwise don't take advantage of in my WiiU.

The Wii can also do triforce games. By usb loader I was referring to playing Wii U games from USB which from what I remember can't be done, it has to be SD cards.

I own a modded Wii and dont see any reason to own a modded Wii U. For one the exploit has been patched so you have to find one with a lower firmware, likewise one has to have an SD card and a USB which can be pricey (or a bigass SD card, which again has issues of price and longevity. The only reason I see for buying a Wii U to mod would be the aformentioned DS emulation and perhaps the Wii U library (which I find to be shit)

No fucking shit, that was implied by the fact I mentioned Nintendont, a program for the Wii.
But that's completely wrong, I have a 60GB HDD plugged in via USB to my WiiU and I just install games to that when I use the app installer, then I launch them the same way I would any other game. I understand not wanting to get a WiiU if you already have a Wii, I was just saying the WiiU offers all the same and then some, so for people who are considering one or the other, they might want to look into getting a WiiU.

roll

How did the 360 luck out with Dreamcast emulation? Was it just the right dev or something?

rollan