How come Doom 3's version of Hell looks better than the one in NuDoom? Doom 3's Hell is far more scary...

How come Doom 3's version of Hell looks better than the one in NuDoom? Doom 3's Hell is far more scary, atmospheric and well….."hellish" while NuDoom's Hell looks more like my old Castle Greyskull playset with a bucket of dry ice behind it. Did ID want to scale back the scariness for the normalfag pussies?

One was made by iD software. One was made by a bunch of losers that only shared the name.

Doom 3 was a horror game, and Doom 4 isn't. No matter how you feel about each game, there was obviously a difference in priorities. Doom 3 wants to scare you. Doom 4 wants the Brutal Doom audience.

doom3 is worse than d4. d4 has far better gameplay. i enjoyed playing it far more than all other doom games.

nope

it was a shooter with some jumpscares. thats like saying f.e.a.r. games are horror games.

sad, isn't it?

Can you reddit-space any more?

I didn't play doom4 long enough to reach hell because it was boring, and it seems like I didn't miss anything good. Why did they make hell green toxic land?

In the topic of hellscapes, I think Oblivion's Oblivion was one of the best.

Chaos gate did hell levels the best of all games

They are a different genre of games user.

I beat doom 3.
I dropped doom 4 like the fucking plague because the game was so garbage. The gameplay isn't better, it's all over he fucking place, definitely not good at all.
Not to mention the fact that shadow warrior 2 did everything d4 did (graphics included) better while also not being 75 fucking gigs.

Hey, shills.
Consider playing the old, tried and proven classic for once. There's no reason not to and the gameplay and soundtrack is infinitely better than the latest installments in the series.

It was a good game. You're just a faggot.

Sure

If you want

I guess.

The soundtrack is just a bunch of midi versions of 80s dadmetal songs. It's the worst part about Doom and Doom II.

I think it's due to the fact that doom3 has a coherent style going for it while nudoom is all over the place and mostly really saturated

They are both mediocre games at best.

Fucking fight me faggot, there's nothing wrong with Doom 1 and 2's soundtracks.

D4 was made by some of the guys behind CryEngine. There's definitely some talent there

Doom 3 is better than bethshit's nudoom.
they're both shit, but 3 is better

Jews have this really odd habit of misrepresenting evil by either making it look cool or nonthreatening. Not really sure what's up with that.

Bother games are average at best. If nuDoom wasn't 30-60 GBs 30 if you pirate a repack then it would probably be on the same exact level as Doom 3.

Cuz nudoom is shit?
??
???

No, it wouldn't have. 3 didn't suffer from bethshititis. Nudoom tries way too hard to be a real doom game and pretty much throws everything about the originals out the window. It feels even less like a doom game than 3 did. Typical fucking bethshit with paid reviews like cuckedout 4.

You're the one trying too hard m8. Doom 3 wasn't that good and the only reason it's superior to nuDoom is because it doesn't rape your hard disc space

First time I hear that a game's quality has anything to do with its size.

Guys, doom 4 was a fun game.

It's comming to the points where HDD space is becoming part of the games overall cost. It's like saying that one would never pay 30 dollars for a given game but would probably gladly pay 5 dollars. So the space a game takes up does fucking contribute to its quality

Doom 3 has enormously better art direction, music and atmosphere, and the out-of-the-box modding capability extends to being able to change core engine code.

I can't fucking wait for the EAX patents to expire so devs can use good shadows again.

And even then, price of a game has little to do with its quality.

D3s music and atmosphere are both average even for the time when we had older games like Half-Life 1 give you more or less the same thing but about 5 years earlier. I'll give you art directon though because although retards do criticize D3 for muh darkness it was definitely a bold move by the artists to try to give you realistic dynamic range for its environment which devs today can't even seem to be able to do. Also the nodding aspect is important but I don't recall it seeing much use with Doom 3. There are plenty of engine forks though

It doesn moreso than you think but I really don't want to get into market segmentation right now

NuDoom is ok it's not awful but I wouldn't pay more then 19 bucks for it.

Fuck off, Todd

You kidding? Perfected Doom 3, The Dark Mod, Dungeon Doom, Arx - End of the Sun, Last Man Standing Co-op, Pathways Into Darkness, Hexen: Edge of Chaos, a source port that adds VR support…

No way was it average! The game scared me shitless! Even the ads were creepy!

Notice the Jacob's Ladder face at the beginning,

You have to go back.

That's the idea goy!

seriously, where did this stupidity come from?

It's true.

When will Holla Forums finally admit that Doom was never good in the first place?

What are you talking about ? Doom 3 looks like a Mighty Max toy, NuDoom is full on Beksiński landscape.

Fuck off mini-Satan. Stop being such a cunt.

nu Holla Forums will eat any shit up

reddit

Neither of those look scary or atmospheric though, you're just biased. Pic related is what true hell is.

This. The only good Doom game ever made is Brutal Doom with regenerating health mod. Also, Doom 3 is objectively the worst Doom game.

Where is that image from? And how is it true Hell? Hell's supposed be a firey pit of despair filled with the screams of the damned and the demons torturing them (Or at least that's what the Christian version of Hell is supposed to be.)

The Beyond, classic horror movie. It's crazy and really atmospheric, you should watch it.

I can't think of any game past Quake 3 as a "real" id game.

its generic cheap trash, dont get suckered into watching this turd

yeah, hope you'll grow up one day, junior.

You sure showed me.

I have some Doom 3 + sikkmod screenshots but none of them featured Hell. nuDoom really did just make exteriors in Hell a hot wasteland with dead trees and a yellowish filter, however some interiors are red.

nuDoom could be better if you weren't stopping to do glory kills all the time. The speed is decent, despite that bait video showing the initial reveal wherein the player is walking very slowly which doesn't represent the gameplay speed at all.

It really doesn't look a whole lot different than being outdoors in not hell.

I rather partial to Jacob's Ladder hell.

Semites are fucked up. Once you learn that what you know as angelic forms are inspired whole-cloth from European traditions and found nowhere in the desert trilogy it starts making sense.
You want horror? Their holy books describe angels that are made of thousands of eyeballs cobbled together with magic powers, and fucking eyeless infants in transparent wombs surrounded by tentacle arms.

To expand on this, jews have a racial consciousness just like Europids. Their idea of demonic is conjured from our idea of angelic. The Faerie, the Landvaettir, Dryads, Maenads, even Succubi and other traditional 'demons' to an extent. Spirits and powers that in the old traditions have both helpful and harmful sides, because they are outgrowths and extensions of the harsh wildness and intense beauty we find in nature.

The jew doesn't have that view of nature. The jew feels himself apart from nature, above nature and what is natural. He views nature as evil, arrogantly attributing motive to processes that have gone on long before man and will continue after man has gone. The jew and the other semites are not born of forests and fields, not of rivers and fjords, not of mountains and glaciers but instead of lifeless desert and endless sands. That is why they hate and fear nature, and seek to destroy the environment wherever they go.