Pirate Games

Any of you guys knows any good Pirate games? I really love Port Royale 2 but that game doesn't really let me be a pirate, as attacking merchant ships brings down my reputation with all countries and doesn't allow me to sell stuff in any city. Is there a game that gives me a choice between being a pirate, a trader or a soldier? Preferably also giving me the ability to have my own hideout.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ePYSqhCyqAM
gog.com/game/sea_dogs_city_of_abandoned_ships
rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5355789
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yes, it's called thepiratebay

Vendetta - Curse of Raven's Cry

AC4

This user isn't joking, if you can ignore all the asscreed shit and try to enjoy the naval stuff you'll have a good time. Also, you can collect shanties for your crew to sing while in land.
Story isn't too much shit, it starts off with you stealing an assassin's clothes and the protag just wants to get rich so he can have an easygoing life.

The naval combat is repetitive, you fags must've played a completely different game.

Sid Meier's Pirates!

Come on Holla Forums. Are we being casualized or the cuckchan and NeoFAG refugees taking over our place?
Modding community for sea dogs franchise and pirates of carribean is still alive. You should try. The most perfect and ideal pirate games still today. I hope the next Ubishit pirate game to be good. That would be my final purchase from Ubishit.

Naval warfare might be good but early access is shit so I havent played it yet

nigger to each his own is so broken and archaic i dont expect anybody to really enjoy it

But there is no substitude

Ass Creed 4 is a genuinely good pirate game.

i trust you, ubisoft

My nigger, better land gameplay than Asscreed 4 as well.

Sid Meier's Pirates, and Sea Dogs: City of Abandoned Ships are the only good pirate games from what I've heard. Haven't played either yet. Apparently all the Sea Dogs games except City of Abandoned Ships are dogshit.

Skies of Arcadia, if you don't mind the total lack of realism.

Objectively best pirate game

youtube.com/watch?v=ePYSqhCyqAM

Empire Total War with Darthmod and Casua Belli, surprisingly. Then play as either the literal Pirate faction or The Barbary States. Either way most of your fleet is going to be made up of captured ships and most of your income from raiding trade routes.

Don't forget muh metal/whatever grind and the ever retarded galley rams on frigates.

Eat shit and die.

They already took over.

Sid Meier's Pirates if you enjoy sailing to the left.

I will never understand the video game industry. Why are settings such as pirates and westerns so consistently ignored? It's not like it would be that difficult to make a great pirate game. Sid Meiers did it twice, why can't someone just take his ideas and refine them? How fucking hard is it to copy Black Flag but make it good?

This if you can find it.

All games are pirate games!

The upcoming Pirate-game Sea of Thieves fellow anons!

Pic not related.

Isn't that the first person, procedurally generated streamer bait?

Tortuga: pirates of the new world. It's basically port royale 1 or 2, but you play as a pirate, but if you become too good then the AI will send ships against you every minute.

Port Royale 3 has a DLC where you can play as a pirate.

You can play as a pirate in Naval Action.

Cutthroats: terror on the high seas. Has a lot of bugs and shitty AI pathfinding on land battles, but it's also a lot of fun

It's the new legendary first person co-op online experience go-guy! Made by the legendary studio of Rare! You ought to try it! Maybe even stream it?

All kidding aside, procedurally genererated maps can work, if there's some real content aswell. Like Daggerfall.

From what I watched during the E3 cringefest it looked like boring trash.

ideal thread at ideal time
have anyone checked Tempest pirate action?

pros:

cons:

overall like I've said, game is good but lacks a decent polish,
and the fact that is very little talked about and those that do talk about it seem retards, arises some suspicion
the controls are somewhat awkward, and a lot of stuff is no explained properly
but with it being only a few hundred mgs its worth a download at least, letme know if anyone plays it too, cause I want to discuss it
oh funny fact, the game doesn't officially support linux, but somehow I've found a linux version to pirate around…

I've played this, but forgot about it, basically Sid Meiers Pirate but worse, wasn't it?

it is indeed seems to be the best role playing one, you literally play as the captain, but I've tried to each his own, and played literally two hours on land solely without even barely leaving shore
so it would be quite a enterprise to really play through it, still seem like the best experience if its worth it
between all the game of that series, what would be the best?

way worse

YES!

Is there are game like Sid's Pirates but on steroids/with more naval battles n shiet?
I remember some demo of pirate RTS game back in the 90's but can't recall it's name.

Is blackwake any good?

I've kind of enjoyed it even though it's a bit lean, and whatever that DLC was seemed like it went poorly. I am glad they did something about boarding though, it was not a great system they had beforehand. Glad they went with a fantasy setting, seems fitting for all of the nautical legends.

same
how so? I haven't played enough to see the difference, but boarding still seems lacking to me

Blackwake is only combat, nothing else. Don't get me wrong, the combat ia great (as long as your team isn't a bunch of chucklefucks), but that's it. No trading, no raiding.

I've only ever heard it's shit.

man o war is a better sea dogs

it is. the naval aspect is shit so basically what you get is cramped boarding battles fought in m&b combat which is always just a clusterfuck with ai clipping and frustration

wow this actually looks like what i was looking for in pirate games but

its shit,
it was originally a mess that changed devs

got any download for that?
I heard good things about the warhammer one, albeit being in that fantasy setting

You tried the worst one. The best one is Sea Dogs: City of Abandoned Ships.
They made "to each his own" to milk money of the franchise.

I didn't even heard about it before, maybe because it goes by as Age of Pirates now
where to even find a download link for this anymore?

gog.com/game/sea_dogs_city_of_abandoned_ships
and pic related, controls do feel archaic too

Why would that be a bad thing?

rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5355789

not really but the point is that it feels like a hack game put together for quick bucks, like a chink game
the game is not really like that, it just feels that way because of the lack of polish and description of is indeed in the game
like the developer didn't have a proper game design to being with but just put it together as he went with it

another point is for Sea Dogs as well, if I'm not mistaken its also a slav developer
and while good it lacks polish, proper controls and all that stuff that just turns down most people who start playing it

How about shitty pirate games?