Telltale Games has laid off 25% of its staff, or roughly 90 employees...

archive.is/HrI22
So Telltale dropped 1/4th of it's staff so it can do less but do it better.

Thoughts? Genuine attempt to improve quality or is the interest in Telltale's trash finally ending and they need to downscale if they're to survive the fading popularity. I've heard nothing good about their shit in years, all the good will from the first Walking Dead game they did has faded and people are aware of, and tired of, the formula.

"quality" games

NOOOOOOO I HAD FORGOTTEN THAT EXISTED WHYYYYYYYYYY

I'm guessing TWD season 3 didn't do so hot. Damn near the entirety of their popularity stems from the first one and I'm absolutely convinced that it was just a fluke. I don't think they have it in them to do it again.

Make movie games great again

360 people sounds like a lot, for the kinds of games they make. I could image 90 being a decent sized dev team for what's essentially a 3D visual novel. I'm guessing they just have a lot of artists and animators.

better ones have been made with less than 5 staff

They have never made a good game. If you played more than 30 minutes of TWD you have shit taste.

I dunno, I thought TWAU was alright, for the most part. It certainly could have been better, but if they threw in some actual detective work, it might turn out to be good.
they won't

This might be interesting.

I seriously wonder how this game is

It's shit.

Type "minecraft animation music video" into youtube and that's the jist.

You tell us.

That's how the headlines sounds, but in truth, they just fired all the white problematic male developers.

Must mean they want the last of us tier movies, because we know you cannot possibly lose in a telltale """""game"""""". So they won't be raising gameplay quality.

Good, fuck them and their shitty episodic visual novels that ride off of other ips, they can't die soon enough

Starring everybodies favourite comedian Oswald "the ladykiller" Patton.

That has to be satire.

You can literally do nothing for most of the events you have control over and the "game" will eventually do it for you.

To be fair Rueben the pig was the most interesting character, which is exactly why they kill him off. The other characters are so cliche and obnoxious, the audience would cheer their death.

Get in the shame cube and think about what you just wrote.

Well about time. The third season of the walking dead was shit. Also I had no idea they wore so huge, if 90 people is just 25%, that means they had 360 people working on their games which is amazing considering how poorly and slowly they are made.

ill give them a chance

GIVE ME FUCKING MORE HOMESTARRUNNER FUCKING EPISODES

Another one?

Man that takes me back.

glorified walking sims, they are doomed

The only good thing they ever did were the 3 Sam & Max Seasons (Who has the IP rights to those nowadays?) and the first TWD. After that it's been a steady downward spiral.

Sam & Max Season 3 is still fucking hilarious

Kino
Kino

Is that Bane in the OP pic

the pork chop gets me every time

For you, user.

Get a load of these high quality death animations anons.

Will they make something original now?

I never hear anyone mention Tales of Monkey Island or Wallace & Gromit in Telltale threads, not even to say it's shit. How were they?

Strong Bad was decent. Problem is the Chapmans made far more of it than Telltale.

I couldn't play past 5 minutes of Tales of Monkey Island so I wouldn't honestly know.

I only actually enjoyed the first The Walking Dead. Now they can die as a company for all I care. It's a one-pony trick.

Better stick your tits between her dicks.

Pretty much. The writing has gotten steadily worse and they completely failed to deliver on the choices and consequences. When they go under nothing of value will be lost.

It's a real shame, once they released that Jurassic Park trash it was obvious they were losing their shit.

I only play the TWD first one, once it became clear nothing mattered choice wise I never bought another of their products.

Good news altogether then

kek

For them, even a genuine attempt probably won't amount to much.

Greedy yids are cutting the fat to save their shekels. Come on, you should know that if you lurked more OP.

FUNNE JEOK XD

I mean…. I can say much because I don't play their games that much. I did play the first walking dead game they made and I have played twau, but that's it. I mean a lot of people called their first walking dead game goty material, so I guess they got excited and hired a lot of people to create new games? And now they want to kick people off so they can make a few but better games? That's my guess.

Because they surely read online comments about them, and they probably know that people think they are total cancer for making that minecraft game. They probably also noticed that people dislike them for not having a lot of impact in game. I hope they want to change this in their future games?

Snow was hot, but also a total piece of shit. I blame it on bad writing.

you know I bet they would make a killing if they made choose your own adventure games with ACTUAL choices instead of just making movies where sometimes you get to make a really insignificant choice.

Please tell me you don't actually get news from this website.

Something like Joe Dever's Lone Wolf but with less combat? I'd play it.

Naaaaa also in the comics she is a cunt so was pretty accurate

He just fired all the sjws in his company. They're learning.

If I recall Telltale is now SJW central with warning color hair everywhere

Nothing's going to change because they'll still make games that are formulaic and where your choices don't actually matter. I doubt this "push for quality" is gonna result in anything more than just a smaller number of shitty, half-baked animations appearing in their games.

I heard you can go back to neofag already, please do.

Please don't act like this isn't the kind of awful, childish writing you'd find on reddit or any site like it; it's also riddled with grammatical errors, which is especially shameful given he's ripping the story from GamesIndustry.

You know who you are, and what must be done.

Who the fuck is that?

That appears to be Jed Whittaker, a literally who game journo fired earlier this year. He wrote a bit twitter rant about how he worked for peanuts at Destructoid and other publications for a year ("without being paid" were his words, I believe) before he was laid off.

He now operates a Twitch channel where you can pay money to see him play Garden Warfare and make rape jokes while drinking Red Bull.

Please tell me there was banter directed at him.

Leave any time.

That's just it, he didn't complain. He happily toiled for free for over a year before he was laid off since the rag he worked for couldn't afford to keep him on. He got real mad on Twitter and everyone shit-talked him for it.

Not an argument. One Angry Memer is a shitty website and you should not use it.

I thought nowadays he made reviews of how amiibos felt inside his ass

You are aware that the fables and their ghetto are officially a reference to Jews and Israel?

You seriously think your shit will work here?

I'm simply telling you the truth: everything I've had the misfortune to read from that website is garbage, and the writing is obviously biased to the point it obscures information. It's the definition of bad reporting.

Seriously, it's not working here.

Feel free to explain what the fuck you mean any time. Sage for off-topic.

>>>/out/

It's good that they're trying to make something good assuming this is true, but they never even made a "game" that wasn't shit.

One would expect they were trying, and failing badly, to create something good all along.

Are we being raided? All thread have a shitposter clear as sky
Do you have any idea how many schlock had this idea of monster hiding between humans to survive? Izombie, Dylan dog movie, blade trilogy, Buffy
Go fellate a gun

just hide and ignore, user.

I can't, it piss me off this low effort shitposting of D&C trying to create another Holla Forums-Holla Forums bullshit bait
I've reported but fuck I'm pissed

Fucking why. They make the same game over and over again, and never change their technology. They need, at most, a few dozen artists, a handful of musicians, and maybe ten programmers script kiddies.

They deserved it.

That's his own fault and a bad decision. I worked at a place once where we had our paychecks bounce one period. It was fixed within half an hour when we made it known, but it was enough to make one of our graphics people quit right there, on the spot, with no notice or two week transition. The whole arrangement between company and employees hinges on the paycheck. Why was this guy working for free for a year, if he wasn't an intern, and how did he even manage to eat or keep the rent paid?