This is the future you chose

Ubishit microstransactions made more money than digital game sales.

archive.is/xCSSQ

I hope you like those lootboxes goyim, because shit's about to get a lot worse.

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=kJV7JTDFhTc
hooktube.com/watch?v=MBgI76zBIGo
archive.is/XMGww
archive.is/QYbGJ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ha ha ha u-u-ubishit gtf-fo

What fucking games does ubi have that people actually buy lootboxes from? I thought steam kinda monopolized that. on PC at least.

I guess that kinda makes up for it but still.

People here still don't realize how many people on consoles buy digital games, DLC and microtransactions on fully paid games.
Its only growing bigger
So big that Sony and Xbox no longer consider their shitboxes consoles or multi media devices, but a "service".

It looks like this is never going to stop unless we do what the Japanese do. Hunt the whales

But what games have lootboxes that ubisoft owns? I seriously don't know of any. Siege has boxes but you can't buy even buy them with real money if you wanted. Is there so much DLC now that it is eclipsing the entry price of the game?

I know you're simply making a joke, but thing is it's probably just as bad in japan.

This shit needs to be clamped down on. I want these vices to leave my video games alone.

Siege has a shitload of cosmetic shit you can buy, that's mainly it I think. I don't know anything about the Division and Wildlands, couldn't have been For Honor.

Oh yeah, I forgot about those fucking 15 dollar skins. I wonder how many people buy the season pass too.

All Asscreeds since 3
Siege
For Honor
Wildlands
The Division

All of them have microtransactions

looks like a great success.

Unless you raise an army of commando assassins and systematically execute every top executive at Micro$oft, $ony, Electronic Art$, Ubi$oft, $team, Jewtendo, $quare Enix, Crapcom, and Craptivision while also physically destroying their infrastructure, I don't see any of this stopping any time soon my dude.

You faggots are unbelievable, how can you not be happy with the way things are going I've seen so many cancerous companies go the way of the dodo and reap what they've sown.

Ubisoft's time is coming.

So like what, the uplay store shit? No one used that.

It would seem not though, considering they are gov subsidized and and apparently can shit out a half baked game and all the goyim rush to buy the DLC.

This is what anti-eugenics people wanted.

I don't see why they would count games sold on steam as physical game sales.

Good
Let them delude themselves into thinking that microtransactions are more important than making a good game.
They will double their efforts in making shit games which will accelerate the inevitable downfall of ubicuck.

Canada isn't self sustainable.
China is basically buying and owning their country and soon government handouts are going to end.

I'm positive for the future, most of the companies that destroyed franchises I love for diversity or shekels are dying, and I dig a small hole in their grave site and fuck this hole.

Nigger have you seen the culture wars, political distabilization and shit completely going out of status quo going on right now?
FUCKING DONALD TRUMP IS PRESIDENT IT MIGHT SOUND LESS RIDICULOUS NOW THAT IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED BUT DONALD TRUMP A GUY WHO WENT TO WWE MATCHES AS A GUEST IS THE US PRESIDENT!!!
WE LIVE IN AN AGE WHERE BIN LADEN WATCHED ANIME AND PLAYED NARUTO GAMES YOU FUCK NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE NO MATTER WHAT CONFORMIST KIKES WANT TO MAKE YOU BELIEVE!!!!

So is the compulsion of a selected few who spends small fortunate to collect all items or does the average goy spend about $10 on loot crates plus season passes.

How does it go again? 10% of people who drink are alcoholics who make up 80% of the money spent on booze?

Its great being addicted to vidya
I can't get addicted to anything else, if I'm in front of a screen I don't even pick up the tobacco jew, its amazing really.

Fucking plebs are ruining video games.

Oh well, we even have plenty of faggots here defending siege so this fucking cancer will never go away.

Siege is shit and anyone who defends it needs to be kicked repeatedly in the dick.

We have a general about that cancer and everyone who posts there is fucking awful.
Everyone
Its CSGO mixed with TF2 and that cancerous community was drawn right in.

Much much worse. Nips are ultra mega hyper consummers.

Yes, keep saying that as there is literally no blood being shed and you keep browsing /r/the_donald

Oh look, I was right again, and a few angry spergs shitting up the user review section on metacritic was absolutely meaningless and would have no impact on Ubisoft at all. Truly shocking.

Not yet you retard
Trump being elected doesn't mean 1488 and true reform like the redditors think.
But it means ridiculous shit is happening and keeps happening and society is slowly changing and the Western world keeps declining.

Enjoy your lootboxes while playing CS with classes/heroes you nigger

This is a a pretty common MO for vidya game companies now.

I know that for Jagex, the main revenue for their game doesn't come from the monthly memberships but from the microtransactions in RS3.

Expect it to get a whole lot worse before it gets any better. Conole companies saw the absolute killing that mobile """"games"""" were making off microtransactions and now they want in.

Expect "You have died. But if you buy 500 Gamecoins, you can kill the boss now." Coming soon.

You got BTFO last time you tried to argue this, would you like to go again?

No it's not, I haven't purchased a single microtransaction. Others chose this future. A bit of guilty projection there perhaps OP?

Shouldn't you be buying more lootboxes along with the next Season and give Ubikike your hard earned shekels?
Your game is shit tier, either you want to admit it or not besides the fact that its owned by one of the worst gayman companies out there.

You can't buy the lootboxes though, and it's not my fault the game is owned by ubishit. And again, the game is good, but keep dancing around the point please.

Every "gaming company" is shit. Stop deifying genuinely malicious kikes, and while you're at it, stop playing those shitty multiplayer games and pirate fucking everything you subhuman paypig.

Joke’s on them; I pirate everything and use trainers to unlock everything else.

They're still making money user, thats the problem.

You can buy skins and Heroes or waste 25 hours of your life playing this garbage per Hero.

The fuck are you talking about?

There is no such thing as a "good gaming company", so claiming "x game is shit because it's owned by a bad company :(" is dumb as fuck and you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Almost as if piracy doesn't affect sales.

What a tragedy.
Someone call the cops.

I was expecting a more defeatist response behind that spoiler: seuppuku

I never said there was, some are better than others either you want to admit it or not.
Fuckoff back to >>>/cuckchan/

Wrong.

Thats until after I finish my backlog.

It is actually, you seem new
Siege faggots are almost as delusional as the Blizzcuck and Gachashitters that infested this board.

meant to post this

sounds like a plan

Where are the lanes? Or minions? Or gear? Or leveling?

There's a total of about five skins you can buy with money, the rest you cannot. And you can't even trade shit, so the skins hold no value aside from how you personally think they look.
really fag? Which DLC op counters which base op?

If only ren poster didn't bitch out and followed through with his ramblings

Triple A Studios are going to start releasing games for free or at very low cost then just nickle and dime you throughout the game.

You have to be retarded if you think game sales earns more money than MT's

Get ready for pay to win - causal game play.

I think you'd have to be retarded to think their 30% cut of every sale on Steam is somehow less than CS:GO, TF2, DOTA microtransactions. Now if you were to say that the money they're making from MTs is more than what they're making off of their own game sales, I think that's a reasonable statement.

Siege is a shit game homo. That's the end. That's it. Siege is for faggots. Get raped in the mouth. You can keep arguing but everyone already knows you get raped in the mouth by cocks because you play Siege.

Assassination politics and autonomous warfare are right on the horizon. I wouldn't count anything out.

Jesus fuck OP can you stop sucking presstitutes cocks and rent a fucking brain?

Who the fuck buy it's games on Uplay?
Answer: no-one.
Global sales. Probably R6 Siege passes/chars/skins and Asscreed DLCs.

Why are you propagating obvious clickbait you fucking retard?

Thats what I said you autistic nigger

Ubisoft sells their digital games on more than just Uplay. They made 168M € from digital sales. That's more than they made from physical sales. It's like you're deliberately trying to be wrong.

Ironically enough TB was extremely voical against this shit.
Too bad he killed all his credibilty with his tranny friends.

No it's not. You said:
But game sales do make Valve more money than MTs.

TB had credibility?

oh fug

Sort of.

He was extremely pro-consumer advocating shit like high framerates and having a lot of options.
He also was and still is radically against reordering anything ever.
He also was snarky cunt telling everyone who he doesn't like to fuck off.
Then he slowly decent into literal and figurative cancer.
He was the single not-shit youtuber and then he became one of the the shittiest ones. He sort of died before his body did.

It's hip to hate him on Holla Forums because of his leftist behaviour now, but the true horror is how he wasn't always this shit.

Fuck I can't even recommend to go watch his old videos because that would financially support huge sack of liberal shit that he is now.

That's why I said "sort of" but you explained it nicely.

TF2, too, had shitload of cosmetic shit you could buy.

Dark Souls PC port review

You mean this?
Pro-tip: don't click if you don't want to give him any revenue.

yfw using cheat engine in a single player game will have you arrested for piracy.

not unless this is the one took down mere hours later deleted and then turned off the comments on his channel forever.I wish i had downloaded it back then just so i can perpetually upload it again and again and rub it in the face of his stupid fanboys on how much of a sellout he is

Those number are from the South park clip, so I've never really verified them.

hooktube.com/watch?v=kJV7JTDFhTc
Use hooktube next time.

His video on God Hand was good and he made a shill video for my favorite wings of liberty custom map of all time.
I haven't watched any of his shit for the past 2 and half years though, he really did turn to the ass cancer he possesses. Its ironic though, he turned into a literal aGGro. At least he never claimed to be pro-GG. He was always "neutral" because there was that inner faggotry in him waiting to metastasize

in fact i'll hooktube the vid so you can see how radical the change was. He went from "I love how offensive this game is" to banning people at paid fan conventions for making not-serious jokes about traps being gay.

hooktube.com/watch?v=MBgI76zBIGo

Here's the official statement, in case it wasn't already linked.

Which is fucking peanuts, they made 284M€ with The Division ALONE in FIVE DAYS.
archive.is/XMGww
Ubisoft revenues last year was 1.460 B€.

They didn't sold 1.2 B€ of rabbid plushies… So that's clearly only their own digital sale platform performance, which people mostly only use to buy micro-transaction in the first place.

Stop believing anything a journalist writes.
On any subject, from vidya to politics to mice birthrates in the Amazonian:
they're always wrong.

I wonder why

If Ubisoft was doing fine they wouldn't be in danger of getting bought out by Vivendi. Considering all their games underperformed (Origins sold as badly as Syndicate on the PC, and likely on consoles too) I think they are in deep shit. When Far Cry 5 bombs as well they're done.

I wish trannies killed themselves before they hit 40.

The vivendi threat has come and gone. They failed taking over and the last statement Vivendi made was basically "yeah we'll just watch for the next opportunity we guess".
t. guy who reported the vivendi takeover attempt to 8/v/ in the first place.

Ubisoft only got saved because the higher ups went and bought more shares to prevent Vivendi from taking over. Sure, they stopped them for now, but burned a shitload of money doing it. Do you think Far Cry 5 and Beyond Good and Evil 2 have it in them to be smash hits?

Wasn't there a more recent fuckery where he told laura to go fuck herself?

Keep in mind Ubisoft doesn't use GAAP accounting is is definitely lying their asses off about being profitable to get out of a buyout. This is like when Electronic arts was claiming to be profitable while loosing 200 million a year. Never trust these shady companies.

They aren't saved user, the buyout will happen it's just taking longer to happen because the owners bought a lot of stocks back and nuked the rest.

You know they don't and if Vivendi calls for an audit they could put the owners in jail for market fraud.

Yep, after she wrote an article/interview with TB about harassment (or some shit like that), the game journos got angry at LKD and was forced to disavow TB who told her to fuck off and then she started to play the victim card.

Your fault for not knowing how he was always a faggot and an ex goon from SA

What's the problem? That's actually one example of decent behaviour.

It's when he apologized for calling his viewers not-mattering I realized he went to shit.

Amiibos are big in japan, put it that way.

Imagine my shock!

No one likes to see good goyim in their hobbies.

I'm observing how figurines were huge in japan BEFORE amiibos. And how the market for amiibos is so big in japan exclusively because of a pre-existing condition completely unrelated to buying physical DLC.

You absolute autistic fuck

Like I said, no one likes to see good goyim in their hobby.

You don't fucking compare proper figurines' quality to trash that is amiibos you dumb fucking nintendrone.

Great argument guys

The argument that anyone who wants figures will pay for a proper figure and the only ones who buy amiibos, western or otherwise, are idiot fanboys? Yes, that IS a good argument!

Gee it's almost as if people will pay for the quality they get and not everyone wants to spend 200$ on a realistic figurine of a cartoon character.

He did indeed went into full on tranny ballsack sucking mode later, but you're trying too hard there.

that wasn't him being honest you dumb fuck,that was just him doing his best to delete all evidence and memory hole this shit

That's pretty normal in terms of accounting laws though

It honestly depends on the Amiibo, I'd say the Bowser one wasn't bad, but every single one I've seen after him was trash

I will concede that they can shit out a decent looking once in a blue moon but the majority are foxconn tier looking and the physical dlc attached to them are disgusting considering they are no more than a 512kb unlock code hidden beneath plastic. Cheap plastic at that, you can feel how cheap the plastic is in some cases.

In the end this becomes a problem of consumers being retarded sheep who buy the most stupid things a game can throw at them. We can all rail on these publishers, deservedly so, for using these practices, but in the end it's the consumers who need a kick in the ass.

If only there was an easy way to do this. Ostracizing hasn't been working that well and I feel that most of them are even somewhat smug about their whale 'status'. It's fucking ridiculous.

Of course they'll double down. The problem with that is that most developers -especially those who rely on said whales- will happily go along trying to stamp out 'toxicity' for fear of losing sales. Now you can say "well just don't play those games", but as you can see, these things spread if there's even a hint of being able to make profit from it and I really don't want the majority of future games to have these retarded lootboxes.

The only choice to fix this problem is to fix society and collectively raise it's IQ. Since that's too hard, let's just larp about a day of the rope!

I hope no one here is dumb enough to be excited for Redemption 2 because its going to be nickel and dimed so hard you'll likely see microtransactions in the singleplayer
archive.is/QYbGJ

Yeah thats what happens when only whales buy your trash now. Let them have their quarantine.

Remember ten years ago during the year of darkness when devs said 'niches can't support games?' a little ironic since their whale niche seems to do it just fine for them.

In the meantime Compile Heart is still doing good business

Would a company ever be honest about making a loss?
Would a company ever lie about how well they did?

I do believe- lying or not- there is a hard push for "games as a service" and lootboxes. Thankfully it helps throw up warning signs to not support those companies. It also gives (good) indies more chance to shine. AAA develop games around lootboxes indies can develop whatever they like. Indies become the go-to for variety of gameplay.
I also think Lootboxes should be treated as gambling, but it's the same exploitation of loopholes places like Japan use to get around their strict anti-gambling laws. So because the palms are so greased I don't expect it to change anytime soon.

If you want to kill Lootboxes- mock them.
People are more afraid of being mocked than they are enduring the thing they'd be mocked for. They're afraid of being discovered they bought a bad game, more than playing a bad game. So either they don't buy, or rabidly defend it to justify their purchase (hence fan-boys).
Make memes about how everyone who buys them is a tween who wants to make his e-boner bigger because he's shit at vidya and can't get good. Show humiliating videos of someone screaming with joy over a digital knife or getting mad and smashing up shit. Like that "It's not enough I won, it's showing everyone online I did" meme. Mock them for a lack of skill, and an obsession with attention.
Then folks will be less keen to buy out of shame. Even if they know no-one will ever know they're playing it, the risk of becoming that meme scares them. You can't stop morons and whales, but you can hinder normalfags boosting user numbers and giving free advertising. And all that'll be left are morons that act as bad PR against the game itself.

What does it say even when someone is a faggot like him or Jim- that they're still against all this shit. I'd probably still be watching TB if he wasn't so fucking vicious against his own audience (boiling down to "if I think you have these beliefs- leave").
Use him as the voice of reason RE: consumers when redpilling normalfags IMO. Though, mockery is just as good. Like the webm:

Comparing the screaming and attention whoring to that of women would probably put more men off lootboxes than a detailed explanation of how they're being fucked and fucking up an industry.

This is fucking awesome, thanks man.

Lel.

In the future: paid DLC that unlocks the right to open lotboxes

Rainbow six siege.

I knew him from WCRadio days. He was pretty chill when he was younger but once he met Genna(Landwhale wife turn SJW) he became egotistical as shit.
btw how he met "Eriyanna"/Genna was over WoW/WCRadio where she sent him fake pics of herself and lied about being pretty. This went on for a few years iirc until they met in RL and he found out she had lied and was a gigantic hambeast. He was to cucked to fuck her off so he just accepted her and her son, Orion. Not to mention he used to arrogantly claim he had the 'lionshare' of downloads/listens to his podcasts and when pushed to prove it another host revealed he was actually 3rd on the site. Not 1st.
He used to post personal emails on his forums for his fans to laugh at and didn't even hide the person's identity. 6 months before wow radio shut down he basically just dumped ownership/leadership and everything else into the hands of the rest of the hosts. Spent the rest of his time on building/preparing for "Cynical Brit" rebrand and website. He and Jesse basically walked away from it without a care and then competed over shit until getting together for TGS and other colabs. btw Jesse Cox and TB met while doing WoW Machinima voice acting. TB took him under his wing, gave him a show on wowradio.

Not to mention he was a colossal wanker and always has been. Go try find his "High intellect" post from the SA gaschambers. It's an essay on why he was better than some asshole on the forums. he got ripped apart by goons.

No user he has always been this shit he just hasn't had the audience or platform to be honest about it.

How do I know? I was there during most of WCRadio/WoWradio and knew most of the staff, moderators and hosts personally.

pic unrelated

The choir to preach to isn't around these parts, user.

I'm on Kronos atm and i'm not playing classic even if they don't fuck it up.

SJWs are a louder, smaller minority than retarded consumers.

Nice

Fixed.

Nah shit is going better, because what normal person is still so stupid to buy Ubisoft games? Just ignore them.
Also now that Ubisoft goes for whales aka gambling addicts, their consumer base is becoming even more niche and vulnerable to financial troubles.
And the more crazy they get, the more likely it is that some countries will include their practices into anti-gambling laws.

that won't work legally
what would work partially work, legally, is making lootboxes illegal by comparing it to gambling

Hmm. No?
You do know that Vivendi sold 67% of Acti-Bli to buy 25%+ of Ubisoft (and 60+% of gameloft).
(So far the only logical explanation to selling the N°1, by far, vidya publisher to buy the 10th is: Vivendi CEO was bullied by a Guillemot when he was little or something equally as grown up.)
If your company is publicly traded and someone comes in drops a gigantic stack of cash to buy enough parts… it has nothing to do on how you're company is doing.

This.
TB "pro-consumer" and "neutral" stance is market research, nothing else.

I wonder how big of a factor things like Rocksmith's music DLC are. they regularly release songs for the game to play along with.

More than likely this is all jst because their games were flops this year and the idiots buying them aee huge enough idiots to buy the dlc too.

The Squid Sisters amiibos are pretty decent figures for the price. They're definitely lower quality than proper figures or even nendoroids but they're also substantially cheaper (as long as you're not getting scalped).

Amiibo shitters need to be gassed

Why would you say that?

That shit exploits a glitch in our systems so it's here to stay. Future games are destined to be half ftp and the full thing subscription based.

These people are victims of weaponized psychology. That is how you destroy the video game industry.

Friendly reminder that Valve was the major player in popularizing this bullshit in the west.

I like how you both conveniently seem to ignore that he permanently disabled comments after this incident.

Games as service its because physical Game copies arent selling anymore.

Clearly you haven't seen dead or alive 5

And that's why gambling laws were recently tightened in Nipland to make it less profitable, forcing many dead pachinko companies back into actual vidya. Unforunately, rather than a return to form, they simply brought their anti-consumer practices with them when they returned.

Isn't that literally just lootboxes. Or are you saying you pay for the right to be able to pay?

This fag makes some okay videos. Too bad he's a both sides r stupid faggot about GG who pretends he knows what he's talking about on the situation.

cant forget this gem. When he was going on about the guy being transphobic, he made this tweet a while ago

Is SJWism their way of trying to repent for their unpleasant past?

Probably, I noticed a lot of these nu-males SJW types turn out to be real pieces of shit to the women and trans they're supposedly "protecting." So it wouldn't surprise me when we find out later that total shitstain abused his wife or something. Apparently she got pretty pissed at him during his Trump shitfit. What I find funny is that the toaster tweet, after people started accusing him of being a hypocrite, he deleted the tweet to erase his past, but its on archives everywhere.

As for on-topic. Lootboxes is just gonna become more of a problem later down the road, and what aggravates me is that people agree that they're bad, but then turn around and say "but im so used to it by now." and not do anything about it. They're so used to getting raped up the ass they see it as a normal thing now

the fact that people play the game after this ameises me

SJWism is more of a symptom, I think. They want to be percieved as morally righteous, but they lack the backbone to stand up for their own beliefs or the willpower to actually adhere to them. So they erase their "wrong" opinions so that the rest of the cult supports them and makes them feel good about themselves. Notice how they don't even have the courage to admit that they made a mistake, they try to erase all evidence of their wrongdoing instead.

It is. I've head some SJW cunt I work with and know for years telling me

False.
The existance of this site is the physical proof to the contrary.
And besides, there is a fuckton of people like you everywhere, things are so fucking bad that the normalfags and outsiders browsing pol that are new and dumb enough to go to a public meetup are fucking black and mexican and asian, those are mainstream normalfags.
Whole of mainstream social internet is completely censored, it's pretty real.

To be fair, loads of people on both sides of the culture war are so caught up in their ideology they they don't accept apologies for anything, ever. One wrong move and you're done. This is more true on the left because of their cult mentality, but it's still a common occurrence on the right.
An apology doesn't fix anything in the eyes of these people, even though they themselves would want mercy if they made a mistake. To them it's a permanent admission of your "true colors," even if you specifically say that you don't agree with it anymore. Because obviously, people never change their minds about things and can't develop has human beings. It's really best if you can just prevent it from coming to light in the first place, no matter who or what you are. All those cringy posts you made in your teens are just waiting to be found.

They are the puritans of the modern era.

I love how the list of pozzed companies only keeps growing, during Gamergate everyone was shilling for Nintendo and japan gaming in general.

Honest people don't understand vice very well. You are naturally led to believe there is something haughty and puritanical, in socjus that bash the sins of others.

But in reality, people convert to cults in order to erase their crimes and make themselves clean. Those judging your sins are the worst scum, dressing clean robes.

his post election meltdown was something. also that convention safe space shit wasnt just because of one tranny there were more and he said he was scared that 4chan will fuck up with his con or something.

Why has he been trying to kill his career and alienate everyone who liked him?

How the fuck was I supposed to stop it, you fucking idiot? How is it the future I chose if it was done by a bunch of retarded normalfags and there was literally no way I could have prevented it?

Because he loves his audience so much he doesn't want them to be sad when he dies of asscancer :^)

Nobody ever really liked him

oh he got army of asslickers.

I remember hearing about a certain country doing that, or at least trying to due to the CSGO gambling fiasco.
That game and its shitty reskins of content that is already in the game having an actual value is a retarded thing and indeed should be removed.

surprise, normalfags ruined it for all of us. i don't see how this could be reversed, numbers don't lie and kikes like money.

I wonder how many years of pushing the envelope and paywalling stuff behind lootboxes and DLC does it take to break normalfags. I'm actually for the companies pushing microtransactions because they need to crash before we can rebuild.

look at casinos. nothing will get done until people start dying in droves

That doesn't say much since their shit like WE WUZ sells like crap.

What an insufferable fat cunt. Is he going to actually die from cancer? I hope so.

We can only pray.

You're probably right, gaming has become gambling and its legal.

THIS IS WHY NO HL3.

nobody cares about hl3 at this point, fam

Better people than him have died of less, fagola.

Still wishing people death is worse than feminism.

Yes, wishing something is terrible, that's almost wrong think.
What a faggot you are.

I guess you have a point. It's as bad as feminism then.

Stop being 12yo anytime now.

Stop being a low t retard any time.

You didn't even begin to produce t to talk like that kid.

No worries, I'm sure what you lack in t you make up in chromosomes.

Not an argument.

No it fucking isn't. It's simple, the immediate fate of gaming is stratification. We're going to see a split between big money triple A games that are full of microtransaction bullshit and smaller more traditional games without them.

The core audience should only be buying these smaller titles, the big triple A's aren't for us and haven't been for a long time. They are mediocre slop designed to milk the casuals of as much money as possible.

I cringe every time I see someone talking about buying the newest triple A game. There are plenty of games out there to play right now, why are you giving money to companies for absolute shit? Don't even pirate it, it's a waste of your time.

I feel like Ubisoft is essentially admitting their games aren't selling well enough on their own to the point they have to use DLC and lootboxes to actually make a profit. It isn't really surprising considering Ubisoft's recent offerings.

They want the whale audience.

what the hell did ubi even put out that had lots of microtransactions recently? who are these animals buying so much DLC

What a pathetic little weak bitch you are.

In an ideal world, yes, we'd have a situation like in the modern car industry where cars for the masses from Ford coexist with cars for people who love driving from Porsche. Things are different in the game industry, though., because any time a small dev gets a hit, it's immediately bought up by a huge publisher like EA, commercialized, and raped of everything that made it good. 1 or so thousand people here boycotting shit games isn't going to change that.

I did not choose it.

How is Kronos? Is it well coded, or buggy as hell. I still should have a character there.

Rainbow six siege has a tonne of them. You buy characters, guns, and skins with microtransactions, if I remember right.

it's not a question of whether or not these things are important or not they are ,it's the little matter of making a career bitching about these exact things only to simply overlook them just for that one game that lacked them and give the game a recommendation anyways because you are a sellout whore posing as a "consumer advocate"
read before responding next time

Also this thread and the direction it's going is the precise reason why threads dealing with e-celeb bullshit is a bannable offence in this place
AND THANK GOD FOR THAT

They seek justification for their prejudices against those they hate by fighting for groups they do not care about. Have them explain their irrational hatred of rural people sometime.

Wew.

A couple points that show why the OP is exaggerated somewhat:

1. While it says that digital sales increased 69%, it leaves out that physical sales increased 65% over last year. Plenty of Ubisoft’s releases last year bombed, and they’ve done much better this year.

2. The larger portion of digital sales being micro transactions is largely due to Rainbow Six, which is still growing at a good pace, but proportionally less of that will come from initial sales of the game because the game price is much lower now.

3. Even these micro transactions are no replacement for new game sales. About 20% of Ubisoft’s entire earnings in this report came from their Switch titles, which is just a rerelease of Rayman Legends and Mario + Rabbids. Those two titles alone made around as much money as all the micro transactions across all of Ubisoft’s games did.

Just a few skins and the DLC ops.

All that means is that Ubikike is basically fucked.