Got up to the horse chariot boss of devil may cry 3 and decided to stop playing for today...

Got up to the horse chariot boss of devil may cry 3 and decided to stop playing for today. Selected exit when I died to the boss thinking it'd take me back to the mission select so I could save
I don't think I have the heart to replay all of that.

It ain't gonna play itself, OP. Suck it up, fag.

Best of luck user. Keep trying until you can do it.

How much of the game is there left? I don't want to replay all of that if there's only an hour and a half of gameplay left anyway.

You're half way into the game.

What style are you using?

He said he thought it would let him save before the boss then quit to take a break, he literally did not complain about no shitty autosave.

Oh, it felt like I was getting close to the climax of the story for some raisin. I've been doing trickster since the mobility is really fun, but I think I'll replay it with royalguard, I haven't tried that style yet.

How does liftoff work? It always triggers if I use it right after coming down, but otherwise it seems sporadic whether it triggers or just does a normal launcher.

There's twenty mission total

If you get decently into the game you'll play it multiple times anyway, I could sit down and burn through the whole thing tonight in a single sitting without batting an eye

What, High Time? When you follow an enemy into the air after launching? You just hold the attack button.

How much does DMC4 spoil you before playing 3? I was just going to stick to Swordmaster since it seems the most fun to just flashily jump and smack everything around with the blade on your back.

If I'm new to DMC, can I skip 1, 2 and the shitty reboot and just play 3 and 4?

yes

Why the first game? I want to try it eventually.

Only if you want to be a faggot, DMC1 is great.

With quality-of-life gameplay improvements? If you get used to style-switching during combos it might be difficult to go back to vanilla DMC3. Otherwise 3 has a lot more weapon variety and slightly expanded individual movesets compared to 4, so it's not like it's unilaterally a step backwards.

To be clear I wouldn't really recommend playing DMC3 with the style-switcher mod to make up for it, it makes the game too easy and it's pretty bug-prone.

DMC 1 is perfectly fine and it's defiantly worth playing, it's just DMC3 and 4's gameplay are so good it can be hard for people to go back to not having styles, but DMC1 makes up for it by having the best Devil Trigger.

for story DMC4 spoils practically nothing every DMC game is fairly self contained, for gameplay i never had trouble going from 4 to 3 and having only one style at a time but you can also just get the Style Switcher mod on PC now.

Since it's a DMC thread i may as well post these.

I keep seeing this recently but I don't remember anything special about it myself, what made DMC 1's devil trigger so good?

Movesets were limited, so high-level play (on Dante Must Die) is almost entirely based around DT management, I think you need to go back and replay DMC1 on DMD to really appreciate it. It also opened up special moves on weapons in a way that later games didn't, not to that extent anyway. Nevan's DT form imitated some of Alastor's DT moves, and Beowulf gets some of Ifrit's DT moves in Swordmaster style, but I don't think it's exactly the same. If every single weapon in DMC3 got new moves during DT the way it did in 1, it would be a very different game.

DMC 1 has the most Devil Trigger exclusive moves, and they are very satisfying to use.
Air raid was also in DMC3 but it's no where near as good as it is in DMC1, Vortex is only in DMC1. using Ifrit when DT's just destroys everything. Super Kick 13 is far better then it is in DMC4 IMO. the Meteor fire ball is Far better then Beowulf equivalent in DMC3. There is no other move like Inferno in any DMC game, you punch into the ground and pillars of fire/lava spawn out of the ground all around you, it's bad ass.
Because of all this DT in DMC1 just feels more powerful then in DMC 3 or 4.

Vortex is in DMC3 as a Nevan exclusive move, unfortunately it's garbage. I hope that if there's a DMC5 Air Raid and Vortex become as powerful as they used to be and Dante gets the ability to do drive-bys from downed opponents back. That shit was downright sick.

Well, sure there is, Beowulf has a move like that. Can't remember the name for it, and it isn't as powerful, but it's there. They probably nerfed it because of how OP it was, you could take out a whole mob of Frosts or Plasmas with one Inferno in DMC1. Same reason DTE got removed after DMC3.

both Beowulf and Gilgamesh have a move were you Punch into the ground to cause an area effect but I didn't really consider that to be the same as spawning pillars of lava everywhere.

Same reason DTE got removed after DMC3.
Yeah and then were got distortion instead.

I was talking only about gameplay wise since 4 was the first game I ever got to play.

It just happened one day my brother was so bored he wanted to watch me play a game, any game, any console, for once and I took the opportunity to try it. Understood immediately what everyone was talking about with the shitty rehash of areas, but the bosses, stealth learning curve and combos were great, so I could live with it.

Yeah DMC4 was the first one I play as well. The reuse of areas and bosses is a very valid complaint, but it never really bothered me personal, since I enjoy the gameplay that much even after 9 years.

I don't know if Distorted Real Impact is really a fair comparison, you at least need to know the timing to do that. DTE lets you wipe out mobs of enemies just for holding down a button long enough.

Well there both OP in their own rights. I mean shit they gave Vergil Judgment Cut End for no reason, other then a "I don't feel like fighting these dudes anymore" attack

I actually played the entirety in one sitting minus meals out of stubbornness. Very satisfying, like marathoning an entire anime and just experiencing it all right there.

There actually is a 12 episode DMC anime if your interested. It seems to be hit or miss with people since it's not all out crazy like the games are, it's mostly about Dante's average day to day life and what is job at Devil May Cry is actually like
I still really enjoyed it though.

Speaking of the DMC and anime it's not quite there yet but Garo Vanishing Line seems to be heading for that direction. Basically you have a big guy who likes pizza steak and big tiddies go around horrors with his bare hands and a sword and he has his own devil trigger.
Granted the action is not yet there(and I'm sure the first episode alone will turn people off because it's so far unique in having excessive camera shake) but it's pretty cool.

Was DMC2 the Dark Souls 2 of character action games?

You could make that comparison with any disappointing sequel.
For a game that basically didn't have a director for most of it's production at least DMC 2 had some neat ideas and some of them were actually improved upon in DMC3. I'd like for Lucia to be given another chance since I really like her look but then they will need to deal with DMC2's existence.

I don't think FromSoft formally apologized for DaS2, so no, it was worse.

That's the way to do it

I hate nero so much

Yeah well I like him fine.

Nah

Definitely not interested.

Use cheat engine to give yourself some upgrades you already had imo, otherwise it would be boring as hell

you are fucking retarded

What trainer should i use for dmc4se? The Super Trainer?

Finished DMC3, starting DMC4SE.
The repack just said it comes with a bunch of DLC,. But when I started a new game it gave me a bunch of red orbs and all the extra characters right off the bat, that's not normal is it?

That's the DLC.

Playing as the Extra character off the bat is normal. The Red orbs and Proud souls are from the microtransaction DLC that comes with the Devil hunter bundle.

my first tip for you is on Nero change your gun button to a trigger. That way you can charge your gun while comboing
then when you get the skill to charge weapon every time you swing you want to tap it each time
You might not get the timing, you probably won't but it does help