Nintendo has made it pretty clear that we are never getting another classic style paper mario game...

Nintendo has made it pretty clear that we are never getting another classic style paper mario game. Then at the very least can I get a sequel to Super Paper Mario which was still good despite barely being an RPG?

it's not even hard to change Colour Splash into a normal paper mario RPG mechanics wise. Literally give the option to gain exp and raise HP or the Paint bucket

ARE YOU HUNGRY FOR PAPER MARIO OR MARIO RPGS?

Paper Mario Pro mode
Super Mario RPG Armageddon

Have fun

No. The goggles are making you forget how the story was neat but the game was devoid of gameplay.

Aww boohoo. How will we ever recover from the loss of an extremely shallow successor to their only good Mario RPG?

Mario kart is alright.

Half chan defends sony's movies user. They hate good games.

It was almost all gameplay though

When everything is gameplay, nothing is gameplay.

Don't worry user. At least we have a successor to classic Paper Mario.

Why did you remake this thread? You already know the answer to your question.

>>>/tumblr/

I was gonna post this. Ironic that Mario RPG was suppose to be a sudo 3d game, and paper mario ended up being, paper. I still odd that Nintendo doesn't touch on any of the lore they made for LotSS though. Does Square hold the "rights" to Tadpole village or cloud village. Not that anyone really gave a shit about anything aside from Geno. Booster never ever.

super paper mario is absolute shit and I hope you are a coprophiliac to justify such shit taste

Fucking nigger be posting touhous, I thought for a sec that you were about to shill an old hidden gem by Square, which would have ended up being, to me, an experience similar to playing Mario RPG as a kid.

Here you go.

Sorry, last one was robotrek.

Reminds me that this apparently borrowed elements of Wild Arms. There's also apparently some upcoming indieshit tactical RPG claiming to draw inspiration from both Xenogears and Shadow Hearts.

Then at the very least can I get a sequel to Super Paper Mario which was still good despite barely being an RPG?
You should know by this point that the game's pretty divisive and has been for years. Probably would have been better received had it come out as a sidegame with an actual gameplay follow up to TTYD in development alongside it. But yeah, at least it still had fun writing (albeit I still cannot find crediting for who actually wrote it, even with the JP credits) and original characters, as opposed to toads and more toads.

From what I'm aware of, it's a licensing issue. Nintendo seems to have licensed Square to make a game with Mario characters, but I get the feeling Nintendo only holds the rights to those characters, while original-the-characters like Geno could well be owned by Square. With Nintendo and Square's falling out (to the point that it took until the Gamecube and GBA for them to return to working with Nintendo systems, though they still don't see any new main series Final Fantasy games, only ports, remakes, and sidegames), I would expect that the nature of the game and who owns what parts means its too hard to try to get an actual sequel to it even if using a team of ex-Square staff, thus Paper Mario and Mario and Luigi as successors.

Also, I think I heard that the remake of Superstar Saga culled the Geno cameo, so maybe Square got angry about AlphaDream having used him for that even back in the GBA era.

Did the apparent audio issues with the fan translation of Magical Vacation ever get resolved?

I would not know, I would have just attributed any audio issues to the gba being the gba, rom or not. I also don't remember.

What the fuck? What makes it 'postmodern'? The fact that it's completely nonsensical and all the art/gameplay elements are unrelated to each other?

Super Paper Mario is a tolerable/enjoyable game to me. But it's something that not everyone can tolerate, and with good reason.
It becomes better given the context of how worse the franchise became overtime, but without that context, it's hard to really care much for the actual gameplay at times.

The 3D mechanic just isn't done that interestingly to make it very interesting mechanically. Most of the time puzzles are just solved by flipping 3D and not much else comes from it. And it's a shame, because the idea itself isn't that bad, it's just not really executed well.

At least it wasn't devoid of charm, though I guess one could argue the most of the NPCs are rather generic.

super paper mario was the paper mario that sparked the beginning of the end for the entire franchise. why? because it was so shit that they knew that any other paper mario game, no matter how piss poor, would be better than it.

Also, here's something funny: supposedly (according to his own wikipedia page anyhow), they brought in Hiroki Kikuta (Secret of Mana, SD3, Koudelka, Sora no Iro, Mizu no Iro) to compose for it, which makes me wonder if it was a decision on Ackk Studio's part for the music to sound like shit. That said, the game's own wikipedia page lists one "Andrew Allanson" as the composer without Kikuta being mentioned, so maybe they dropped him along the way or something.

I feel kind of bad for Kikuta though. Seems like he gets more work with western indieshit than higher budget eastern games these days (the last non-indie title being either co-operative work on Atelier Escha & Logy in 2013, or Kakuriyo no Mon 2015, depending on how you count MMOs).

Just asking since I remember hearing that the patched rom had some soundtrack issues when played with an emulator, or at least certain emulators.

They fucked that as well.

It's also shame that they didn't go through with the concept. Seriously it would have been awesome to have a RPG built like an old Mario platformer, with scores acting like experience points. If they had the level designs like the older Mario platformers plus a more refined story I loved the starcrossed lovers backstory of this game it would have been one of my favorite games ever.