Fucking fonts

What the fuck is up with developers using shitty fonts for ants with colors that cause eye fatigue nowadays? A better example is REmake on Gamecube vs the remaster. In the GC version, the font was nice, big and clear. In the remaster they made it small as fuck, although it's not too bad because it's all white.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serif
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

"Simplistic" UI is the new trend in Media, oftentimes use to hide simplistic devs.

Looks fine to me get your eyes checked.

Gee it's almost as if games made for consoles with lower non-HD resolutions had a lot of trouble with people reading their texts and were forced to always default to white on black with big characters.
What a surprise, I really didn't know this before.

TNO's reading interface is fine, there's nothing wrong with having the image on the left and the text is far from unreadable.

I don't see the problem? Maybe you need to get some glasses, user.

Why did they rewrite it when the newspaper scrap is clearly legible?

Have I been rused?

Pretty obvious that they show that for any media scraps and the legibility isn't always guaranteed.

And there was no reason to stop either. This new trend of making everything small and low-contrast is bullshit and you know it. Also, Morrowind had more legible fonts than nu-wolfenstein and it was smaller as well.

Bright white on gray is better as it creates better contrast. Although as shitty as IW was, it was more legible.

You can increase the HUD/font size though.

I was going to bring this up, does this wolfenstein game not even include the ability for font size or HUD modifications? Seems like a pretty easy edition to a game's options especially if even boring indie titles like Sunless Sea have it.

deus ex is a shit pc port

Wasn't that possible only with mods though?

It does not. There is a way to decrypt and edit the fonts but it's quite the process.

Hold on, let's enhance.
As we can see, the devs are so lazy they can't even read the paper they are copying from.

I'm worried about the quality of your eyesight OP.

iirc, most of the text was in German and so needed a translation. That was honestly the best thing about the game

one looks good on LCD. One looks good on CRT. Guess which and you get a prize.

Jhonson you cracked the case!
That's so sloppy it's pathetic, though

Nigger have you even played Morrowind on an old monitor in non-HD resolutions?

Well, that's impressive.

And how could I possibly not notice the headlines are different.

How is this even possible? Wouldn't they just use the same text?

Date also changes from 25->15 lol

I did not play Wokenstein. But is this a mistake or some stupid plot not conveyed well by the game.

Woops, my mistake I thought it was the latest wolfenstein, New Order was before it. Fucking too many wolfenstein.

That they'd make the 'original document' so stained and sucffed up that you can't read it without subtitles in the first place is retarded. Unless the game was set decades later the text would be perfectly legible too.

I think you cracked the plot of the whole Wolfenstein series. They are going use time machines to alter the course of events by sending a Big Guy back in time to masquerade as a Spitfire pilot, crash his plane deliberately on the shores of Dunkirk and then be taken prisoner, where he will then proceed to crash the Reich with no survivors.

user, New Order takes place in the 60s. That clipping is indeed over a decade old, and likely scavenged.

nah
You have inferior subhuman genetics and can't see. Doesn't mean everyone else has to deal with shit in their mouth just because you enjoy it. Fag.

Fake news.

i'm gonna kick your ass so hard you'll be tasting shoepolish for a week you fucking faggot

Eat your shit and enjoy it faggot.

Clearly you're reading the news 10 days after the original article. You just misremember the date when you read it back to yourself.

Both fonts are fucking massive, user.
8pt is the largest you ever need to go unless you're blind.

Time to get some glasses, grandpa.

At least the godawful Morrowind font can be replaced with MORRA BUF, you haven't experienced terrible fonts until you played this.

They can't get anything right. What a bunch of amateurs. It's baffling how people like this can even get a job.

I don´t see what´s the problem there. I can read it just fine.

The Morrowind font has always been horrible, thank god for mods.

Most of the text is legible enough and with the nip voices I understand most of what they say anyhow. But in the lore and character info pages the text becomes pure hell to read.

Then again, maybe I shouldn't be playing a hentai game for the lore.

Do tell more.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serif
Most newspapers use serif fonts. The newspaper article in OP uses sans-serif font. They tried to make the article look authentic but they used wrong font. Newspapers in 1945 used serif font. The text also isn't justified.

Now why do devs do this?

Page arrangement is a dying art. Thanks to E-fucking-books, pdf (yes, piratefags are also to blame not just normalfags), and "Graphic Design" major student knowing jack shit about using "space" in "design".

it's like people enjoy making their own life difficult