Naval combat is literally just who has better CIWS guns

What the fuck is wrong with this game's naval combat? How do you fuck up such a simple concept?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/845524479
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I think the question you need to ask yourself is what is wrong with Wargame in general?

That it tries to balance units that would stand no chance against each other in real life? Like making a Merkava III equal to a T-90 or depicting an SU-27 fighting on equal terms with an F-15?

The only strategy game that does naval combat good is Advance Wars: Days of Ruin.
This is now a naval vidya thread.

Like fuck it is this is now an Advanced Wars thread

Do you know any good AW clones with a multiplayer community that is not dead?

I wish I did.

Well I found out about Tom Clancy's Endwar for the PSP, but the multi is obviously dead and it uses a hexagonal grid.

Hey dude, found something you might like.
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/845524479

I am surprised they haven't been sued.

They said they are just inspired. I hope they add naval warfare, because they haven't shown any yet.

Wew and yeah Naval warfare would be fun.

I tried to get in their webpage but I get 403 forbidden.
It's fucked, right?

To be fair, isn't that what real naval combat is like, with the sole correction of "and also who has more aircraft carriers"

Likely.

You know jack shit about naval warfare.

I just wanted to say there was some space boat game that came out not too long ago, and the boats were just visual. There was no broadsides or positioning. It was just an ordinary shooter with themed character models.

What a fucking shame. The Pacific would work perfectly with Wargame's land+sea+air operations.

Seems unlikely.

you could still try harpoon 3, its pretty realistic
t. ex navy

so is wargame any good? MP alive and fun?

its a good game, small player base

Not

It's exactly like it. OP just doesn't like that the huge NATO fleets are basically a useless money pit when depicted in modern warfare.

Red Dragon is the worst Wargame and even the best one is inferior to World in Conflict.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Bump.

holy shit why did no one tell me how crazy this bitch is

Gunboats existing at all fuck it up, but it's sure as hell better than the other games in the series.

This ain't the 60's anymore Vlad

What if I shoot a laser beam to your sattelite? Burgers got those Big boys mounted on warships already.

As much as it pains me to admit it, DoR has the best naval combat. Problem with naval combat in general is that 1) it's too expensive 2) it's too static and 3) it relies on there being a large body of water. They could've fixed this by making river crossing with smaller boats and with limiting the range of battleships if shooting while moving.

AWDS is a game about styling on your opponent. AW2 is the true patrician's game, but DoR is the competitive balance patch the series desperately needed.

Super Famicom Wars lets you put ships through rivers.
A little detail I loved about DoR was that naval units could go under bridges. In 1, 2 and DS they where reskinned roads, but the fact that you could block a bridge with a simple gunboat arouses me.

Bump.

RTS tend to scale things down for the sake of gameplay; some more than others. With land combat, Wargame is fairly close to reality, but that goes out the window entirely with the naval combat.
In reality, naval engagements take place far beyond visual range, but I guess people don't think that would translate well to gameplay, mostly because of its slow speed. Most people aren't willing to spend half an hour searching with radar only to be rewarded by thirty seconds of engagement. Naval combat has been handled well in some games, but for the most part these are fairly niche.
It seems like something that is far easier to fuck up than to get right.

Play Command you plebs.

Better than an expensive ass rocket, you dumb nigger. With the laser, you can easily blind the camera.

Eugen Systems have always had a hardon for trying to get into Naval warfare. They shoehorned it into Act of War, ran out of time to add it to R.U.S.E. and shoved it into Wargame without thinking it through.

Bump