Let's play

How did this cancer start?

goons/

Seriously goons started the LP shit, how new are you?

sure is cancerous in here.

any source? I would really like to know more mr.TripleAnon.

Trips confirm.

Walkthroughs were the beginning of the end.

Interesting fact - speedruns were before letsplays.

Once again proving that 2007 was the year that ruined everything.

yep goes back to doom. blame id

Something Awful

Yeah, before that there were only speedruns, vods of multipalyer games and walkthrough guides. I used to watch speedruns and starcraft/warcraft vods on cds that came with video game journals way before 2006. And then came letsplayers, eg - faggots that need a mic to speak durring the gameplay.

Well, it began with unimportant twats not being taught by their parents that what other people do is their business.

Then those self important little shits went to the internet and found out that people were doing things and they decided they didn't like.

Then those same faggots created original postings dragging out that content to people who didn't want or care about said content, trying to frame it as if either third party wanted to be involved with the other.

Does that sum it up for you OP?

How new are you?

SA has much to answer for.

It's not called Something Awful for anything, you know?

SEETHING

you have no idea

Understatement of the century.

holy shit.

Next up is: Let's Watch.

Let's Watch someone Let's Play.

(don't forget to like, subscribe and leave a comment)

At least now I have someone to clearly blame for this.

I didn't mind it when HellFireComms were the biggest there was

People likes it, edgy retards cry about it wich creates drama and makes it even better

Wasn't it popularized by that one faggot who streamed his every waking moment? Or was that just twitch?

good god

Its the year that heralded when everything went to shit. Its been a steady decline since then, but after a decade I think there's finally hope once more

LPs by themselves are not cancer. The people who play games for money are.

Also this.

That's called Retsuprae and slowbeef was in on that too

I wonder if slowbeef regrets his elitism in trying to gatekeep LPs. He had these stupid rules and was just always an anti-fun grouch whenever he LPed or criticised other people lping. Eventually falling into obscurity instead of capitalizing on it.

SA goons don't consider anything outside their bubble to be "real" so…

They bullied some poor clearly slow autists who enjoyed playing NES games.

Paying $10 to use a forum

Everyone gets bullied online. But if a watching let's plays ever takes off like one user mentioned then it would just be another sin for SA to answer for.

The absolute clusterfuck of those thumbnails is sickening.
I'm going to find one of these videos and upload them if I can make them fit within the limit.

please don't

Be careful user. I hovered over one of the thumbnails to get a soundless little preview for a measly 3 seconds and I could feel the brain tumors growing.

And that was pretty funny, but then they started getting soft, starting dialing up the Political Correctness, until one day they stopped making fun of retards fucking up video games and just went for bad flash/turbografx games, and produced shit like vid related.

I think he brings his wife to his retsupuraes these days

People have always been playing games online. Goons appropriated the term like all the niggers of the internet that they are and ran the concept into the toilet until it was an unrecognizable, politically correct and economically sound medium and then started acting snide about it like they've never been part of it. That's kind of their MO for everything. including imageboards.

I still have to see if any of the videos are short enough.
But first, this guy's house holy fuck.

Is that Hello Neighbour game actually any game? I honestly get intrigued whenever I hear developers talk about their AI having learning.

For that matter, are there any streamer/lp bait games which are actually good?

Wait a minute, that nose…

The AI doesn't learn. It's literally just a yes or no thing, but not only that, you're eventually forced to play the game in a certain way. As an example; did you bust open x window? If yes then next night the window will be boarded up. And after a bit, no matter what you do or if you're caught or not, he'll start placing bear-traps and the like, kinda forcing you on a linear path.
It's nothing like the devs try to make it sound like, don't fall for it. If you absolutely must, pirate it, but don't buy it.

It's complete bullshit, the game basically has check marks to see what you did the last time and stops you from being able to do it.

BillyMC got what was coming for him, and managed to turn it upside down to make himself a celebrity of sorts, since he's not a faggot or negative about everything like the rest of RP.
Also user's right, the moment they got soft is the moment SA lost their only actual good contribution to the world.

I've noticed all e-celeb follow a path like this and the only two people I've ever seen live it up without getting their careers destroyed, reputation tarnished or patreonbux removed are Pewdiepie by virtue of having more followers than some religions and Jerma985 by starting off as a casual and staying like one all throughout.
Usually it goes like this:

Technically this man started it before everybody

Difference is retsupurae always had this bitch, it used to be another goon named voidburger, voidrak, void-whatever the fuck. She added nothing to the videos she was in and was overall forgotten pretty quickly.

is that real? it kinda looks like green screen

as you can see this is 200% real

With the likes of youtube and streaming and shit, why hasn't anyone copied ((Howard Stern)) yet?

And why is Let's Players so shitty on games? I'm not a good player myself but i wouldn't dare filming myself being stupid. I saw some dude playing the new Mario game that i was curious to see how it looked like. He missed so many obvious things laying around all over the place, clues to puzzles were responded to like "what the hell is that?!" it got to the point of me just shutting the computer down in frustration of seeing that guy being so utterly dumb.

not all LPers are shit, best thing to do is look for people who specialize in specific genres or game series
I learned a lot from watching total war LP's

>With the likes of youtube and streaming and shit, why hasn't anyone copied (((Howard Stern))) yet?
Because if you did youtube will cut off the shekels and or ban you. Especially if, god forbid, a goyim did it, hoo boy.

Don't give credit to goons for such a simple idea which is clearly beyond them. People have been watching other people play video games since video games were invented.

What exactly did Howard do?

I believe this jew is exploiting kids for youtube dosh.

YTP makes this shit better.

I got banned from a forum for calling this shit out lol

There's few ways you can be successful but infinite ways to suck. People in general just prefer to feel smug about someone failing than happy that someone won, unless that victory comes from the underdog.
Also none of the people who stream like videogames. If they did, they'd get good at them first.

Dumb people with free time.
Lots and lots and LOTS of dumb people.