Nier Automata was originally meant as a PC only title

Well, shit
Apparently SE made the decision to heavily market it on the PS4 likely after Sony budged in.
dsogaming.com/news/nier-automata-originally-meant-pc-exclusive-title/

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/zCjYF
forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2014/04/17/sony-sells-off-all-its-square-enix-shares/#6a6e9db179c0
nichegamer.com/2017/10/26/changes-with-commenting-policy-at-niche-gamer/
archive.is/DHDut
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They made the right move. Pc port is a disaster and ps4 version sold 4 times more.

Sonyggers are weebs. Good call

PC port was a disaster because SE didn't let Plat handle the port, they outsourced to some shit company and that's why it is complete shit.

Sure thing

THEY STILL HAVEN'T PATCHED THE PC VERSION

Lol thats what you get for buying the drm version

Idk how you can fit so much stupidity in 10 words. I'd say this is bait but I don't think anyone on this board is clever enough to feign this level of ignorance.

2m sales, 500k steam owners, only on pc on steam, not hard to do the math from there my little redditor

No fucking shit

I pirated it, worked just fine after the crack fix. But I think my version had the community patch pre installed. Pirates win again

Truth is these games don't sell on pc. Most pc marketing is word of mouth, and the word of mouth got around that its on pc. Stop being so insecure your platform is so smalll after 30 years

You can re sell the game on ps4 you know?

But yes, it's retarded to buy a buggy game, pirate it and that's it

This fucking meme again.
Maybe don't try running 2017 game on 2007 PC next time.

No way, huh?

You can't even save your game outside of steam if you want your game to be recognized, you know that right? The final ending needs multiplayer. The whole game is a bunch of DRM shit that has been confused as bugs

Not everyone has a 2012 laptop resetard

What a fucking shocker.

Epic projecting.

Spoken like a true resetard, stick to your 2012 laptop

Idiots. PC only means that is the version that would have had their attention.

Reminder that Bloodborne sold 2 Mil lifetime copies after being massively shilled by Sony as an exclusive.
Reminder that Dark Souls 3 sold that same amount of copies on PC.
Not true at all, unfortunately and pretending like thats a bad thing makes you a fucking retarded normalfag casual that listens to marketing
Now I'm laughing
Thanks you for being retarded

Whats stopping me from selling my account?
I've done it countless times, even borrowed accounts to close friends.

Port is shit, not the worst ever, but pretty mediocre.
That anti piracy cuckhold fixed it right up though.

Like clockwork

Go back to neogaf. Oh wait

You are a retarded faggot. Actually kill yourself.

Why do all stalkerfags post like incoherent niggers? Are you all esl or just 70iq baboons?

There was a tool which was originally made by a denuvo cuck with anti-piracy measures but was later forked so pirates could use it. The tool adds graphical settings that were not present in the base game so people could actually turn down global illumination to get the game running better.

You can kill yourself too.

>mfw can't tell if consolefags' tears or poorfags' tears or both

wew

Lmao

Or just maybe I'm not a fanboy cuck that apologizes for the kikery of industry jews like you

That's too many buzzwords for one sage reddit-kun.

neogaf refugees

Neofag refugees need to leave

Are we being raided?

If it was PC only it wouldn't be a port you dumb motherfucker.

NeoFAG rapefugees please go and stay go.

Shit bait, nice dubs.

>i dont like (((opinion))) it must be bait!
shit post, not even dubs

It's alright. The music and visual design are the saving grace. The rest is just generic platinum game.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Faggotry cutoff line

>valve controlling 90% of the pc market ensuring the platform of (((freedom))) is a monopoly
Yeah its far worse than the vcr, but hey at least you can upgrade it to next months nvidia gpu for a 2% performance boost

Neofag refugees should be banned on sight imo

No (you)s for you.

I would say "go back to neogaf" but I know that aint possible.

Enjoying your stay Neogaf?

>tfw works fine on my pc and spent many hours having fun and staring at shota boypussy

Not an argument

works on my machine.

so many (((nier automata))) shills on this board, smdh

Hey neofag, did you know this board is right wing politically inclined? Shouldn't you rather take living with sexual offenders than with literally hitler?

Hello, OP of the Titanfall thread.

Nigger.

They do this because there is literally no point to upgrade your PC anymore and they'd go out of business otherwise. Consoles are 5 years behind even a low-tier PC and AAA is controlled by stockholders who only care about consoles + AA basically doesn't exist anymore. This means the only people developing to take advantage of the PC are indiedevs with no budget and no resources, and anytime these games get ported to consoles it either is severely gimped (minecraft) or basically stops the project completely (dayz) because now the devs have to work with heavy limitations.

>>valve controlling 90% of the pc market ensuring the platform of (((freedom))) is a monopoly

They do it because transistor technology hit a brick wall, there's nothing you can do to make a single atom transistor any smaller. From here on it's improvements in other things, you nor your descendants will never have processors with better single core performance.

Not to mention that maxing games, or ultra settings, or even the 4k meme exist purely to sell overpriced and overpowered PC parts. Ultra settings barely make a difference most of the time, other than smearing more vaseline and screen effects all over your shit, and decreasing your framerate by 20 for no fucking reason.

4k is only a meme as long as you play your kiddie sandbox games with extended arm length encounters. Simulators with long distance shit going on pretty much require highest possible resolution, because you need high vision clarity and monitor resolution is the limiting factor. Same thing with VR.

Lately not even with all the bullshit they've been making up they could find a reason to upgrade our PCs much, so instead every single developer is doing shit tier optimization of their games where 3 year old games look better and it still runs like shit on new GPUs.

Stay mad console cuck

>By buying a software and hardware locked version
My fucking sides

Mate denuvo is cracked

>tons of (((fellow anons))) irrationally hate Near a Tomato because le shitty moonjap and gross weebshit android ass
Hmm, (((something))) sure smells (((awful))) around here. Friendly reminder that goons fear the anime.

I'm talking about physical hardware, moron. It's not "diminishing returns", it's that it's physically not possible. It's physically not possible to suspend a bridge from a dental string, it's physically not possible to make single atom transistor take any less atoms.

Maybe litographic vacuum tube technology will make some improvement but don't expect it to be anything more than 2x transistor density increase, it's already at its physical limit size-wise.

Did you not read my post?

Funny thing, another gaffer got revealed as a pedo.

Nigger half of them are pedos trying to cope with it by pretending to be "nice guys" over the internet.

Don't forget about "bad port" that dares not run perfectly on toasters made before even the first Nier came out.

My bad but that's only half of the picture. The other half is there's literally no point to upgrade because a mid-low end computer from 5 years ago can max out modern games today because they're all anchored down to consoles.

I can run any modern game at 60FPS at high settings
Feels fucking great man, wasted less than a PS3 at launch too.

That's not true though. My high-end computer from 4 years ago struggles on most AAA games and needs to run them at reduced settings

I doubt that, JRPGs sell like shit on PC and Japan doesn't computer.

hard to believe tbh

The source is right there

Really? Wasn't some Neptunia game ported to PC like 2 years ago or so and now I see them throwing every new game of theirs on the PC.

still can't get it running over 15 minutes at a time on my 770 gtx

hopefully someone makes a proper fix in a few years

maybe you should upgrade from your 2009 PC.

stop trolling

thats what all the reddit racers in the thread are saying. the port has no issues, its your PC.

stop trolling

No.

You don't belong here.

Fuckoff back to> >>>/cuckchan/ with your flaseflag shit

B R A V O V O L S

>>>/out/

You also have my love, user~

Thanks Mark

man, I had to salvage the shit out of this thread.

reminder that platform wars are fucking cancer.

Bravo fat cunt

Holy shit all the deleted comments in this thread. What the fuck happened?

t. goon

I don't think this is so much about platform wars, but about the fact that this series could've been saved from the console normalfags had the next step of the master plan been followed.

Makes me wonder how the fuck he can dress himself without any help

Just delete the thread next time and start over. This shit is always going to be messy anyways since the game is both utter shit and the best thing since sliced bread.

the typical cuckchan console war shit.

I find that hard to believe. None of the previous drakengard games or the previous nier games were on PC.

No, it wasn't

You're not wrong.

The game sure as hell wasn't made for Nier fans (all 4 of us).

Nier Automata is an example of meme magic. Doesn't make it a bad game ofcourse. At least the Japanese crazy/cool/convoluted story is still there. But I have no doubt most bought it for the ass.

Kill yourself

I left critique of the PC DRM up while removing the cuckchan shit

I'm not sure anymore

Then Platinum is stupid.

I don't care about console wars, exclusives, or whatever riles gamers up. Not interested. What I am interested in is lack of business sense.

Launching a game on a single platform without getting payed for the privilege is moronic. There is no argument for not releasing a game on the PS4/Steam/Xbox if it is likely to generate sales.

Since we're all in agreement that Nier Automata is a broken ass game, how would you goys react if it was adapted to anime?

Goddamn, you better not fall for these Mark

I find that hard to believe when the game is crippled with DRM.

Even with it the game still crashes fairly often. It really is a shame. It was a fantastic game in my opinion but denuvo kept me from buying it and them never fixing it made me glad I didn't.

Oh wow, another video game discussion shat all over by our cretinous board administration. Did you know there's off-topic shit on the catalog right now? Go do your job.

stay mad, goon

sure thing, it's only you who decides what cuckchan shit is
stop getting so easily trolled by replies you don't agree with

this smells like raid

nobody raids a dead board

How'd you like your ban nigger?

stop trolling

I haven't played the first nier, but I dropped the game on the second mission when you get to the ""open world™"" segment of the game. That was really boring

What kind of shitty service do you ahve?
Link is working fine

No one believes this.

Not to mention

The fix for PC crashing is to enable every-other CPU thread. It can only handle exactly half the available threads or it crashes approximately every 15 to 45 minutes.

All in a day's work for the Husky Hebrew.

I and many other people tried everything, using FAR, enabling all cores, tweaking graphic settings. It still crashes every 15 minutes.

Funny how the link doesn’t have anything to do with what I said, huh?

Nope. Doesn’t work.

Neat.

You should provide an archive link in future user:
archive.is/zCjYF

sorry for your poverty, pleb. game never crashed for me with the latest crack.

I want cuckchan to leave

youre retarded beyond down syndrome, kid

Not an argument, and no one will believe you given how universal these problems are.

Go suck their dick harder, faggot

The actual article is a valid (and interesting) topic user, the console wars shitflinging is not. They deleted the shitflinging, this is correct.

I'm not talking about the article, I'm talking about OP, his intention clearly to incite console war bullshit

You don't deserve those trips

Isn't one of the reasons due to that denuvo lover dude who made the patch for it made a fault in the game to crash if its a pirated copy? I remember him sperging out when automata first released for pc, and someone patched his patch to not notice pirated copies.

So let me guess the whole meme game is because for once people in the mainstream like a niche Yoko moonman Taro game and let me guess it's the guy who thinks Yoko Stole his game shilling?

We have IDs here, cuckchan faggot

You are retarded and the vol should've deleted your shitty thread.

Where? I'll grant that (1) and done is lazy but nothing in the OP is incorrect or inflammatory.

Fucking retards

Okay, reported. You’ve outed yourself.

Oh, by the way
WHERE THE FUCK IS A PIRATED COPY OF BORDERLESS GAMING? I’M NOT PAYING FOR IT AND I DON’T WANT TO HAVE TO WASTE TIME PIRATING AND INSTALLING VISUAL FUCKING BASIC TO COMPILE MY OWN

Good job you cuckchan faggot.

sure, does this mean I can make sales thread now? I dont want shitflinging, I just post news article, my intention clearly pure.

I'm also (fb413d)
I also mobile post at work, which is what I did by making this thread and then coming back home.
Been here since October 2014 lad
Stay triggered faggots

Reported.

Did you actually read the OP? It says likely Sony, not definitely Sony. Given that the article was vague and that Sony have a vested interest in getting as many games as possible on the PS4 that's not a wild accusation.
If the OP had said 'Automata's PC-only masterrace version ruined by Sony's kikery, consoles once again destroy everything I hold dear' then you'd have a point, as it is it's a bit of harmless speculation. Console wars faggotry should be deleted where it actually exists (as indeed was done with later posts ITT) but the OP is fine.

Board goblin, you have 40 id hopping faggots on this board that constantly, and without reason engage in console wars except from a pro-pc perspective. You're biased because you believe the same narrative they do, a narrative regularly argued against by a handful of easily identifiable posters. Those handful are targeted as perpetrators of console wars but not the 40 who shitpost in an approved way.

The inconsistent enforcement of rules is embarrassing and it's clear its a matter of what you agree with is ok, but if things get a little mean (oh no!) its bannable. Shits laughable.

Oh my sweet summer child, enjoy your ban for shitting up the thread and for 6 whole posts now and wanitng it deleted for no reason whatsoever.
:)

Enjoy your ban again ;)

Dynamic IP, goober

Do you even read the damn article or the fucking source? It's an interview, not an opinion piece, they clearly said it was the publisher.

Kill yourself you cuckchan refugee.

And the publisher could have been influenced by Sony, not exactly wild speculation considering it didn't come out on the Xbone.

its like the gooks dont want my shekels

Square Enix making shockingly poor business decisions is not exactly uncommon.

Except they already explain why they didn't port it Xbone you dumbass, from the producer mouth itself

WEW

Sony has an history of doing this
They did it with Tomb Raider 2 and are doing it with Monster Hunter World now.
Square has always had ties with Sony and it was Sony that heavily marketed it themselves, so while not confirmed its certainly plausible.

Microsoft also has an history of doing this, you think most people know Halo was originally going to be a Mac only TPS?

Hasn't stopped them before and the Japanese market for the PC is also weak.
Either way I'm not saying OP's speculation is right or particularly well researched, I'm saying it was not console wars bait and deleting the thread for it is draconian. That functions as a de facto ban on any threads with speculation about behind the scenes exclusivity (or functional exclusivity) deals. Given the shady nature of the vidya industry such speculation is natural and necessary.

Your logic doesn't make any sense

forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2014/04/17/sony-sells-off-all-its-square-enix-shares/#6a6e9db179c0

That's why sony sold off all its share from SE, nice logic

In other words I'm not going to defend the specific accuracy or likelihood of OP's thoughts on Sony's possible influence, I'm saying he has the right to voice them without being accused of trying to incite console-wars. Overmoderation is as bad as undermoderation, the actions of the mods in deleting the blatant wave of (probably halfchan-refugee) console wars posts earlier in this thread were fine but deleting the thread itself would have been an overreaction. Imageboards are not news sites, OPs are not required to blandly report the facts.

Sounds stupidly conspiratorial. SE must be furious with all those ps4 sales, they could have had the csgo audience

I all for free speech but there's a different between saying what's in your mind, and saying stupid shit especially if your speculation doesn't hold any ground. Why does capcom makes MH games exclusively for 3DS despite Vita is a more powerful handheld?
or it could be that 3DS sold better than Vita and making 2 version of the same game will cost too much?

What does that have to do with anything?
Backstage deals are nothing new, especially with these two companies.

SE probably didn't see Nier as commercially viable until Sony came in to market it, thats what I'm saying.
You're either new or an idiot
Oh, its you again
Nice ban evasion

Jesus fuck, if you knew what happens on the backstage thats not announced publicly you would probably be disgusted.
Do you think Nioh was a timed exclusive because Koei wanted it to?

Okay nigger, let's hear it then these awesome things Automata does better.

Weapons? The weapon types are completely different in Nier, each is a specific tool for a role. In Automata, they have a million fluid ANIMATIONS but ultimately it's just an interchangeable mix of flurry attacks. And let's not mention the absolutely retarded 2 slots system from Automata, that just cements the notion you are supposed to mash without choosing a specific attack.

Ranged attacks? Pods are a massive nerf, compared to the abilities of Weiss. Most pod specials were already present in Nier, and they were done better: they could be performed at any time, in different degrees of power. And let's forget that most faggots beat the game on Normal, with their pod using FUCKING AUTOAIM on enemies. Hell, in Nier you could even customize your shoulder buttons on the fly with 4 specials if you wanted: in Automata, the menus are straightforward but too slow to micromanage all the time.

Enemies? Automata's are so slow and samey, you might as well be fighting turrets. That's right, you are fighting turrets with a downscaled, mainstream version of Nier's weaponry: where in Nier, you used to be swarmed by ten or more fast moving targets. But wait, are we talking about the bosses?

When they're unforgettable in Nier. And just one last note about the story: people wouldn't be bored to tears of 9S's playthrough, if anything remotely interesting happened in it. None of his extra scenes hit the mark, which was to simpathyze with the machines.

In this case we're going to come down to a fundamental disagreement about whether or not OP's speculation has any ground. I'd say it does since actions of this sort have been fairly common in the vidya industry etc (not the strongest basis but it's still within reason). Now his right to make that claim does not prevent you from calling him out on it, in fact a thread in which you and OP (and indeed other anons) argue about the possibility, throw sources at each other and so on is fine: that's about (harmful) business practices in the vidya industry rather than platform wars and hell anons arguing instead of politely accepting each other's opinions is a large part of the attraction of imageboards.
Even if you're right about his claim being wrong, however, it's still somewhat of a leap from 'OP did not think through his speculation well and here's why' to 'OP added that speculation expressly for the purposes of starting console-wars shitflinging'. At best you have circumstantial evidence for that latter point and mods deleting threads on circumstantial 'maybe he meant this as bait' grounds is not a good idea. At worst that comes out as deleting threads for discussing things some anons think are already 'decided' or 'consensus'.

If people make stupid claims (or what are in your opinion stupid claims) it's on you and other anons to call them out with counter-arguments, not on mods to go around deciding which opinions are silly and which are not. This goes also for making claims that run counter to the consensus view on Holla Forums. Only if those claims are clearly bait, duplicates etc should the thread be deleted.
To be fair, and as I think you meant by 'holding any ground', this is still subject to having at least some basis in reality; an user saying 'Microsoft and Sony are conspiring to make video games worse and go bankrupt because of hidden Soviet mind controlling satellites, I know because the reptilians who live inside the Earth (which, by the way is hollow) told me so' probably doesn't have that. Of course while such a thread could be deleted for being wildly off-topic it's also the type of thing anons would probably like to shitpost in but whether or not mods should delete non-vidya threads that are nevertheless funny is another debate.

Speculation is just that, speculation. You treated it as fact

Are you purposely being retarded?

Reported.

So, it was meant to be released to foreigners only? Because the PC is pretty much a joke platform here, just MMOs and eroge mainly.

So its okay for me to post sales thread with an intention of informing anons of the current market trend? I will not be responsible of any shitflinging even though my thread encourage that? OP phrasing is clearly putting blame on sony instead of being neutral. This is the same shit Foxnews do when reporting on the election, it implied something but not directly say it.

People bought it for the memes and ass.

Gamers didn't suddenly get taste. Doubt more than 30% actually finished it. Glad the guy finally earns some financial acclaim instead of just critical.

How fucking new are you?

sure

Christmas is early this year.

Sales threads do not inherently encourage shitflinging, it depends entirely on what the OP actually has as content:
Are you just going to (1) and done some random sales figures? That's probably worth deleting since there's no content there and Holla Forums is not a news site (perhaps bumplocking is more appropriate).
Are you posting sales figures of, for example, a a major game or console near release or some other significant event that has flopped? As long as the OP is not bait that's fine.
Are you just going to post them and say 'hahah Xbone is dying'? Then sure that thread is blatant console wars baiting and should be deleted.
Are you going to post, as you suggest, that sales of the Switch are greater than that of the PS4 and nothing else? Again, probably console wars bait that should be at best bumplocked and preferably deleted.
Are you going to post a variety of sales figures with an actual point/argument/opinion for further discussion? That's fine, if anons start shitting up the threads mods can delete their posts (it is, after all, their fucking job).

If you post a thread along the lines of 'handheld sales are down, have phone games killed the concept of a handheld?' personally I'd say no but that's neither here nor there with some sales figures that's fine. If you post comparisons of sales figures of, say, the Wii vs the WiiU and a theory on why hardware gimmicks sold the former and not the latter that's also fine. Just because underage faggots like to shit up such threads doesn't mean they should be banned: faggots don't get to have entire topics removed from Holla Forums just because they'll fuck up threads. Mods do their jobs and delete derailing as indeed they did in the case of this thread.

How, exactly, is it putting 'blame' on Sony? It does not say that Sony is responsible for the shoddy state of the PC release or whatever, it just states that maybe Sony influenced the release platforms. That is hardly an unlikely situation. Explain how, given the text in the OP (i.e. the actual evidence), that constitutes console wars baiting rather than just an opinion on potential back-room deals.

That's not my logic at all, try actually fucking reading what I've said.

the guy who thinks Yoko Stole his game no longer posts here, and its a bummer because i actually looked forward to his game

since when?

To clarify: that doesn't mean the threads should be banned.

nichegamer.com/2017/10/26/changes-with-commenting-policy-at-niche-gamer/
archive.is/DHDut

Why the inconsistency? If that is the sales figure, why is it worth bumplocking when you said it yourself sales thread do not inherently encourage shitflinging?If I said Switch sold more than PS4 which is a fact given by the source, then why bumplocked?

It implied that sony stole a PC exclusive game. why are you being so retarded?

To be fair most people are disingenuous. I'm a liberal and supported the pedos here on Holla Forums but we all know how that went.

Anything goes? You can't handle anything goes.

Do you actually understand what inherently means? I said threads about sales numbers do not always inescapably lead to shitflinging, it doesn't mean they will be fine.
Because it's at best an utterly shit thread, you've posted no actual content just 'here are some numbers I've reposted'. At worst it's console wars bait. There is no value in a bland reporting of sales facts and much potential harm in it, the best you can do is achieve nothing. Now it's true that a sales thread with actual analysis might also bring in a few anons who just want to engage in console wars but that's a price worth paying for valuable discussion (and again mods can just delete their posts). Do you really find this distinction difficult to understand?
No, under your half-arsed interpretation it implied that, a massive reach from the actual words in the OP. Threads don't (or shouldn't) get deleted based on unsupported interpretations, that's what leads to overmoderation.

What the fuck happened in this thread?

So what was OP trying to say here? I really want to know what your stupid brain interpret OP words.

How is that different than OP thread?

Being non-retarded I read it as this:
You apparently struggle with the English language but 'Well, shit' clearly indicates surprise or similar.
This seems to me much more reasonable than your reading.

This thread would have been fine if it didn't get derailed a second time by faggots complaining about the OP. You can't shit up a thread and then complain it was always going to turn to shit.

Really? that's what you get from reading the OP? you must be a gullible fuck that watch foxnews. You really think that the tone in OP post is a neutral one? Well, not that it matter, thread is bumplocked. Enjoy being wrong

It’s free if you compile it yourself (but you have to torrent and install and use Visual Basic) or it’s $4 on Steam. Why the FUCK can’t they fucking just compile it themselves?

Are you really arguing that 'Well, shit' doesn't indicate surprise? Are you that autistic or do you just not speak English as a first language?

Because they want stupid/lazy people to pay for it user.

Did we read the same OP?
He directly blames Sony.

This game was never going to be PC exclusive.

What DOES baffle me is why the PC support for this game was so utterly incompetent. SE has people who could fix some of Platinum's usual incompetence.

If this was an actual niche weebshit game I could understand, but Nier Automata is being treated like a KTGust game.

Literally the best storytelling game since the invention of video games and it went and got shit on by denuvo.

It's worth playing. Pirate and send 60$ directly to Yoko Taro.

Knowing the fact that N:A is Denuvo-ed. I'm happy that Sony budged in. So, we can enjoy android butt and keep our computers clean.