FUCKING GAMESTOP
is actually doing something good for once
archive.is/i9swQ

Other urls found in this thread:

emuparadise.me/Sony_Playstation_2_ISOs/Chaos_Legion_(USA)_(En,Ja,Fr,Es)/150395
igg-games.com/chaos-legion-free-download.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

nah

That sounds pretty good actually, too bad I don't buy video games.

That sounds like a pretty decent deal.
Too bad I dont shop at Gamestop.

They are normally $55 instead.

Its because they're dying, I could see this doing well. But they dont have many old games unless its DS/gameboy. And sadly no PC shit can do that since it all has DRM and the game isnt even on the disc anymore.

But… why would I ever go to gamestop when I can just buy digital shit? Actually, last time I went to gamestop was to buy a ps move nav controller to combine it with mouse for a super comfy and precise experience.

I'm just thinking of all the classic Ps2 and 3 games I didn't get a chance to play.
I already have a list

employees have been doing this for years and they've never had to pay a dime

Gamestop doesn't have anything to rent. Check em.

I have all the games I want for free, nigger.

Hey user, ley me tell about some of GameStop's recent changes: they got rid of PS2 and PS3 games, and mostly act like a shitty Hot Topic store now.

This. I never took advantage of it when I worked there because there was nothing I wanted to rent at the time.

I don't know why, but I really love how the tigers paws are cubed.

This is good. I'll probably do this to get a chance to plow through some full system libraries for a lot less money.Gonna play an awful lot of video games like this. Really missed game rentals at least its making some sort of comeback.

Because your attracted to them. Your a furry and you've never realized it till right now. Go find you an autistic man in a fur suit to love.

Yep, I went in yesterday thinking they'd actually have Vita games for some reason and it's just the hippest nerd shit. The intercom blaring about how cool and hype AssCreed, CoDWW2. and Wolfenstein 2 are. The last two games focusing on the "lel kill Nazis!" aspect hard. Living in a podunk town with no options is suffering.

Yo have to pay by having one of the worst jobs in America.

cool now I can rent all of the xbone and piss4 games I didn't want to play

Wow, you can rent games? Man, what if you could, like, rent movies? Why has nobody thought of this before? Why isn't this widespread?

I thought they were trying to fight with ThinkGeek now that they have brick and mortar shops, they had all the same dumb nerd gadgets for way more than they should be priced. Doesn't help at my shopping center you have Gamestop, ThinkGeek, Hot Topic and Spenser's all next door to each other.

Nigga you have been always able to rent movies from google play and netflix. only $6 per view, rent now

why do this when i can pirate?
they're desperate.

I laugh at you as I pirate my pristine copy.

What

I hope this causes all retard Gamestop cashiers to stop being retards. Most of the time I go there, they judge me for continually coming in less often, and not buy the most marketed games every time I do come in.

Kill yourself shill.

And then you end up with a copy of chaos legion in a foreign language that lacks music or cutscenes because all the actual torrents are dead.

The online store has oodles of games from the 5th gen and prior. However, it looks like this program only works with the physical stores, not the online shop.

What and how. No one there is your actual buddy. All they care about is selling you more shit. It's what their managers and bosses orders them to do. My friend used to work in one and that's what they continually harangue him with, sell and upsell everything to anyone who walks in the store. You don't have to be rude to them but it's not like they're your buddy, guy.

Gamestop owns ThinkGeek. They saw how much money "merch and collectibles" pull in and how much of a profit they make off it about 40% msrp. If you want to kill Gamestop, just don't buy used games. They make most of their money off used games and systems 50% profit margins off that shit.
t. former employee and thank christ for that

emuparadise.me/Sony_Playstation_2_ISOs/Chaos_Legion_(USA)_(En,Ja,Fr,Es)/150395

You're not that bright.

But I wanted the PC version.

You're just telling me what my mother should have said long ago.

Or you could go to the library. Or pirate.

Or you could move to another state.

igg-games.com/chaos-legion-free-download.html

This is only good for PS4 exclusives, and I'd have to own a PS4 to care about that.
Still though, I guess its not bad of them. Not great, but not bad.

You win for now, but as soon as "ChaaoLlegiio.rar" downloads, I'll return.

Please tell me none of you autists worked at gamestop.

I was an assistant manager for a year. That whole company is ass.

They didn't hire me because they wanted more female staff.

Sounds like desperation. A large corporation can easily make these kind of offers in order to kill off smaller competitors and then revoke the offer once there's no longer any competition. Don't accept pitiful scraps like this.

But they already killed most of them off already user.
Gamestop is the EA of game stores.

Not bad, hopefully it's still around by the time I have some decent disposable income again.

Feels good man

Why would anyone ever do this? You can just buy used games there, play them within a month, return them for any reason, and not pay a dime. I did that for years.

I was there for a few months working at some store in an isolated area. Funny thing is I liked most of the customers with the exception of one kid who was basically a future sjw-cunt years ago (I was in there in '02). It was the staff I hated (Boss was a sociopath, assistant manager was a Chad cunt).

Something saved you from the misery of working there.

I can think of better things to waste my disposable cash on, but hey whatever works for you.

Holy shit were you the dumb cunt who kept on losing the fucking key to the shop so I had to bully you until you quit?

Who buys games?

Retard Console gamers

The internet is a thing now, so go order better shit online.

Gamestop is Blockbuster now. What a crazy world we live in.

I buy most of my games from Gamestop. The local stores have mostly cool people.

Man I forgot about GameStop threads. I miss those. Anyone have screencaps from those threads?

I live in the fucking Balkans. We don't even have Gamestop. There's this one game store chain in the big cities but they sell overpriced shit at 70$ sometimes

А ти си курва.

Assuming they don't restrict the game you keep being less than 60$ this could be pretty good. Get a 100+ dollar game every six months plus a bunch of renting of the latest shit that isn't worth the cash by itself.

Only one I got is this classic.

Don't you have to be a Pro member in order to be eligible for signing up?

So you have to pay a yearly subscription, in order to be eligible to rent games from them, which requires a 6 month subscription.

And the game you buy, is a shitty scratched up disk in a shitty fucked up case with sticker residue all over it.

I dunno, GameFly has it's problems, but they give you $5 a month in-store credit, which over six months is about the cost of a used game from GameStop anyhow. And unlike GameStop, GameFly buys their games new, so that if you decide to buy it - it comes with all the pack-in materials and promotional stuff in a pristine case.

The only downside, aside from having to wait in a queue that is potentially infinite so long as the asshole ahead of you keeps paying, is that those $5 coupons don't roll over month to month - but maybe that latter point will change with having competition.

Otherwise, it's a bit of a trade-off. You'd probably save more renting from GameStop - but you also have to drive your goofy ass to a physical location to drop it off at unless you live close, and the compounded extra gas prices over six months would just about even that price difference out.

Also, didn't Blockbuster go out of fucking business? If they can't ship games by mail or have hundreds of thousands of locations like a fucking vending machine… then why do they think their game rental service is going to succeed where Blockbuster's movie AND game rental service failed?

They have maybe 1 or 2 locations somehow still barely standing but yeah they're gone.
Misplaced corporate entity desperate survival instinct maybe. They're struggling to compete with online whether that's Steam or general online vendors.

There's one in my town. I even know people that rent from it. I often marvel at it's irrelevance.

Why when you can get them for free

isn't that robbery? i mean he robbed a gamestop with a pigeon but he still robbed them

The only places around here that I know of that has a disc rental place remaining are rural areas, especially if the internet infrastructure sucks. And it's usually a rental kiosk machine in a convenience store.

Gamestop is a product of a time when video games were popular. That was 10 years ago, now everything suck and barely anyone goes there anymore, it's a ghost town, much like video rental stores.

Of course it's robbery, but the police don't give a shit solving a crime of a man robbing a game store for one game. Neither is Gamestop going to give a shit for losing one game due to a robbery.

I doubt the employees even reported it.

>supporting (((Gamestop)))
Check my 5

You mean threads on general horseshit Gamestop has done, what people have done to Gamestop, or just FUCKING GAMESTOP greentext threads?

Renting games? The very thought makes my skin black.

God I hate videogame stores. The place is either a pawnshop for poorfags and coloureds or a hipster nerd culture front.

Would you admit to being held-up at Pigeon-Point?

You can be a free member and also have the illustrious honor of renting a used game gamestop while buying the latest Pop! figure and their shitty magazine. I wish they would at least sell older games for cheap instead of all the merchandise shit

I don't know who this service is for.

The last thing I bought from GameStop was a used Game Boy Player. I still own it with the disc.

Pretty sure I tried applying to one, they wouldn't take me. Nor would fast food places, for that matter.

Is this just a clever plot to have niggers steal stock that they can't get rid of?

I was the "Game Advisor" at my place. The key guy that was with me got thrown in jail a month after the store opened up, so they had the assistant manager hold the key. I got bullied over stupid reserves and subs like everybody else because you had to get 50 subs and reserves in a 5 hour/week shift (I quit on my boss when he acted like a bad-ass over saying he'll fire me over that shit). Were you the sociopath who yelled how much you wanted to kill people in real life when you played some mafia game demo, and wore trench coats into work?

It's going to be a bitch getting your hands on used copies of new games that aren't shit, because they won't have any in stock unless people have sold them back in the first place.

There's no evidence that P. T. Barnum ever said that. Which means that the quote itself holds true.

No, it's a plot to monetize stock that hasn't been sold. They're attempting to turn the startup and maintenance costs of both used game sales and game rentals into profits by renting things that people are theoretically going to buy anyway. It could be good, but I can't shake the feeling that this will end poorly, somehow. Even if that end is just GameStop being alive for longer.

The people that work at the GameStop near me are a mixed bag.
There is a neck beard who I mostly bullshit with about Jrpgs and retro games when there aren’t any customers around.
There was a cleft palate that got busted for dealing weed out the back door during his break.
The overeager new guy who tried bullying me into preordering shit but only succeeds in making me rescind my purchase and order the game off of Amazon.
The qt 3.15 who obviously knew Jack shit about vidya.
The less than qt girl who did know things about vidya, and had a pretty dry sense of humor sometimes regret not getting her number, probably would have created a flood of spaghetti if I had.
Then we had the Red bearded Redditor, Adventure time key chains and Rick and Morty quotes. What an experience.

I did eventually get a copy Master Quest, which I picked up on Wind Waker release day, but if your advertisements don't match your policy then fuck you.

i buy pogeman cards from them

Sounds like a scam

No way. However i wouldn't even care, it's not like if i get mugged or not affect my job-status and such large corporations have no loyalty to you, so why show loyalty to them.

I would understand if it's was your family business. But since it's just a large corporation who rather have people robbing the store than no customers at all, because they atleast can pull insurance money from it, it's just stupid to care if anyone was crazy enough to rob a store with a pigeon.

Are there real videogame stores left in the US? All I see is talk about GameStop.

Were I live there is a nice place that stocks niche weebshit and nobody tries to upsell you or annoy you with small talk. Fucking expensive place though, new games are 60-70 euro.

Very few. GameStop makes it hard for other brick and mortar stores to compete, but they're not considered a monopoly because all major retailers also carry video games, not to mention Steam and Amazon.

They're not considered a monopoly because they have no monopoly and have closed dozens of stores already. The stock price is down by more than 50% and they will probably go bankrupt in the next few years. Gamestop is done. Copying is the future.

people can bitch about piracy all they want, it's fucking upscale pawn shops like gamestop that are actually the ones hurting sales. never, ever give them any money for anything

I've never seen a game-centered store besides GameStop. I usually just bought video games from Target, Circuit City, Best Buy, Blockbuster, or wherever had them really. Most of the time I went to GameStop was just for some shitty Pokemon event at the time. When I wasn't buying anything employees even told me: "Oh, you didn't have to come inside. You can just do the event from in front of the store." I'm not a neckbeard and I actually shower. I guess they had bad experiences with them.

My town has one, no idea if they're going to close shop or not though.
Beyond that I know some cities have rentable lan networks and you basically play to pay online. All ran by Asians.

(I'm a tolerant person but people who don't shower need to be shot).

Part of me would feel a little sad if game stores vanished completely. Yeah I can just buy stuff from a webshop but there is something fun about going to a real store.

It's slightly novel. You'll always see new things there, even if it's nothing surprising, and there are things you can't do elsewhere, like trying demos when they exist. Plus, I think the physical presence of a store for a hobby implies that there are other people who give at least half as much of a shit about the thing it houses as you do, which is comforting and validating in a way. Even when it's a store as bad as FUCKING GameStop.

I automatically think of this whenever I hear about GameStop, and I think of GameStop any time pigeons are brought up.

The FUCKING GAMESTOP greentext threads.

Most game stores in my area that were decent and ran by people who liked gaming and not just simply a business had to make a hard decision on staying or going bankrupt. The ones that stayed either went even more niche like retro hardware and cart sales or rentals along with selling /tg/ stuff and MtG cards. They simply can not compete with steam cards being available on supermarket or other online vendors. It's already tough for shitty and large franchise like gamestop, it's probably even tougher for a small mom&pop store.

One store I used to like that had LAN party room rentals and ran by enthusiast unfortunately went under a long time ago, while the another ran by a jewy ayyrab that's trying to sell JUST a genesis console alone for 300$+ is still around. Screw that asshole.

There's a place called Game-X-Change in my area. They have a few stores in nearby towns, but I honestly don't understand how they're in business since I never see anyone shopping there. They have lots of stuff like NES, N64, Gameboy games, etc. Any classic console really has a sizable collection, and the modern stuff only has a small section.

FUCKING EB GAMES

Big stores have eclipsed game stores in usefulness. The only time I've set foot in a gamestop in the past five years was to buy a used AV cord for a Wii. Everything else I get at Target. If I know I'm gonna buy it, you can get the $1 reservation card (which goes towards the cost of the final purchase) which then gives you a $5 gift card when you buy the game on release day. $5 I can spend on snacks is better than whatever digital horse armor shit gamestop is offering. Target also has demos (usually, they just removed the xbone one), merch, accessories, and the limited edition stuff they get a few copies of lasts longer than gamestop because nobody thinks to look for it there. You can roll in at noon and they've still got copies of whatever limited thing gamestop is sold out of.

Why do this? If you want to support the developer, buy a new copy or they get nothing. Otherwise just pirate.

Fucking why? You could get them cheaper online. You don't even have to leave the house.

Supporting developers is shit if we want a crash.

You're right in theory, but in practice, the average consumer isn't going to optimize their purchases for artistic ideals and maintaining ideal market conditions. They're going to do what's cheapest, because they don't want to blow their budget and become poor.

Underage detected, I remember when 20-30 bucks would net you a couple of movies for a week. 10 bucks a month for as many games as you want is an extremely solid deal in my opinion

Quick! Curb stomp them while they're ass is weak. Kill them like the parasites that they are.

it feels like someone is trying to sell something to me but I just can't quite figure it out

Don't you like going outside, user? Anyway, shipping to where I live usually negates any discount I would get online.

gamestop has an awful selection of used games, i miss rental places but that's just not a good deal at all.
i can't wait for them to shut down all their stores like blockbuster.

So, there's finally a reason to buy a PS3?

Do they give away free bibles and/or did the owner have birds?

Do they offer free shipping online? If not, this still sucks and is dependent on a particular store having what you want. As a Vita owner, this serves me no purpose. I don't use the newer consoles.

It's a place that is open because it's open at this point, based on the two I've been to. One had a fucking copy of Steel Battalion though, wish I had the money to buy it.

My shitty fucking spic neighbors kept stealing my gamefly discs and got my whole route blacklisted. Shitty gamestop fake rentals sounds like a good deal to me now.

I figure what you do is you try and get one of the $55 used games as your last rental to 'keep', those usually trade in for $30 or so, then immediately trade it in and pay for half of another 6 months. So you're looking at like $75 a year to swap stuff out whenever you want.

The gamestop here is quite close as well so gas isn't a problem, especially if you just pop in when you're out anyway.

Bonus: gamestop will probably go out of business as a result. This idea is a double dose of failure on their part.

I really hate gamestop
Like, A lot.

Wind Waker was already out by 2003 stupid nigger

While the used price is bullshit, you're also pretty damn fucking stupid to expect to get a sealed copy of a nine year old game in store.

The Vita section in my closest Gamestop is now literally smaller than their "PC Section" which is literally just boxes with steam codes. That's kind of embarrassing.

You're right, my mistake. You're still a faggot, though.
I didn't expect shit, you fucking retard. I went in there merely to inquire about their stock. Not every store is going to have the same stock, who knows what you can find.

I've always been old fashioned in some ways but I'm wondering where do people get their entertainment from if not from a rental store? I have a small form factor PC under my television I torrent to for me, and sometimes I play media through my (((Xbox One))) from an external/the network but I can't picture the average norman going through this. Netflix doesn't have much variety either. So where do they get their entertainment?

Even then, I still use rental stores with some regularity. I have one within walking distance. Obviously not as much as back in the day but I still go in a couple times a month. I plan on going sometime soon and getting Call of Duty WWI for a few bucks and playing through the campaign and I'll probably roll the dice on an unknown and/or pickup some grade A horror trash from the 2 for a dollar DVD rack on the way out like I do.

I like rental stores. Where exactly did they become outdated and irrelevant? It's like I missed the memo. Gotta admit I'll be mildly upset when it closes.

Fuck off, EA.

I'm not sure what's up with everyone else. There are 4 or 5 non-game stops near me, and it's not like I live near or in a big city. Plus there are always some pretty decent stands at my local flea markets, not to mention the families selling junk outside for way less then they should be. Also, garage sales.

There are some in texas, but they're virtually all retro stores, N64 or earlier.
And they're very stingy when it comes to pricematching usb controllers

We got two around here. I try to support them when I can but there isn't anything I can buy, its all shit, and I only ever see heroin addicts dropping off their load, never customers. I bought 4 copies of Madden 06 (grand total - $5) just because I feel bad. Use the cases for misc discs and the games as coasters (people always laugh the first time).

Won't work.
This would have worked well in the previous generations but not now.

There's only one game shop that still exists here along with the 5 or 6 Gamestops, and it's way on the other side of town. I bought my PS2 there a few years back when the PS4 was about to launch. They asked $70, I paid $40, then bought a few games to go with it. I'd like to give them more business, but I pretty much played everything I cared to between the 6th and 7th gen. I also don't have a PS4, and I see no reason to buy older retro games I can emulate on a toaster. I don't know how they're going to survive the next few years.

Goy of the year right here

I said Netflix doesn't have much variety, why would I pay for it if this is the case? Its garbage. I did enjoy Stranger Things to a point but clearly not as much as some.

The Xbox One is a great console. Shame about the lack of exclusives but I'd argue it makes up for it in other areas.

I don't watch TV
I don't watch movies
Most good books are available in the public domain
I don't listen to music

If I'm not working or tending to sustaining myself, then I'm either playing video games, reading, or playing with my dick.

amen

I can get movies and TV, but music seems to be a stretch.
not even vidya game ost or ambience/dungeon synth?

It's not that I don't like music, I just get media tunnelvision and music is one of those things that I just don't keep up on and don't really care about.

Besides, few people share my taste in music, so it's not even like I really get a chance to even jam with friends.

Cue Holla Forums bitching about me listening to nigger music.

i still have a local blockbuster

You have alright taste.

Several years too late normalfaggot.

For the price of 0 dollars, I can pirate whatever game I want.

This is just a way to kill their return policy loophole, you could return a used game in under a week or something and get a full refund on it and people would use it to "rent" games. expect that policy to be gone once this goes into affect. At least there is a method to rent games available other than shitty redbox out there though, i was starting to think all forms of rental and demos were going to die out because publishers found them a threat to potential sales

Probably cause it's fun. Plus in the new Wolfenstein you get to kill traitorous scum too.

I'm jelly, Blockbuster was the shit back in the day.

Do you live in the arctic circle or something?

No, I spent a year at a far worse hell.
The nintendo store. I left jew york first chance I got. Only kikes and niggers left and the world would be better off if they all died.

what the heck do you mean they judge you? do try try to lay guilt on you for not shopping there more often? thats pretty fuckin outlandish.
is it a girl cashier? maybe she likes you

In my town Gamestop drove all of the other vidya specific places out for years, to the point that only now is anyone making a slight effort to start putting independently run game stores in here. Surrounding towns (whole area is a cluster of small towns; you can drive from one to another in maybe ten minutes or less) have fared better as they have less Gamestops. However, while I still have options here in range of me even if my town has issues, the quality of the stores in other towns range from pretty okay to terrible, more so on the latter end.

As much as I hate Gamestop jewery, we still need some form of local gamestore to grab physical copies. For the sole purpose of fending off the ever encroaching DRM filled services of "oh, you paid $60 for the game, well you didn't actually buy the game, you only bought the privilege of being able to play games through our service"

you realize that tons of physical discs do this now too?

awhile back I bought a physical copy of wolfenstein: the new order. it forced me to install through (((steam))), took ages to read data off of several discs (and I have an excellent BD/DVD drive), and after that still needed to download many gigabytes of data (which ironically went at a faster rate than the disc).

point being that delivery medium no longer matters in the slightest, it's entirely about the method of copy protection. if I can copy a game on my hard drive as much as I want and it works fine, that's better than having a disc copy that whines for a key and then connects to an authentication server. after all, so long as the game assets are physically present on your system, you at least "own" the game in some capacity, whether official or not.

now, what would really piss me off is if companies started charging you to stream the game to your computer. I'm not talking about streaming encrypted assets which you buy a key for, I'm talking about a literal video stream where you own absolutely nothing.

Typical conolefaggotry.
If a game is good and I like it I want to own it, not rent like a poorfag.

Nice quads

Also the factor that some companies seem to enjoy the sheer level of control not having a physical release aftermarket to compete with lets them control the price and how often/if it gets a markdown. Though, even then some companies make baffling decisions for digital pricing compared with used physical copies. Tales of Zestiria for example has been out here for two years now, and while used physical PS3 copies have gone down to about $25 average where I live (my copy was even cheaper; marked at $12 but I got it for $6), Bamco is still asking the full $50 launch price for it on the PSN. Makes me wonder if the amount of lazy, "digital is just fine" plebs out there offsets the loss in sales of people that know/expect physical copies to be cheaper by now.

Which isn't to say Gamestop's a good chain either, or that they're the sole place that stocks current releases. For preowned games (as well as past gen ones) though, their habits of having driven out their vidya focused competition in the past (aside from multimedia stores/big box marts that they can't put under), trashing "unnecessary" parts of physical copies to save shelf space (thus driving up costs of complete copies), attempting to pass off games that came out less than a year prior as "vintage" to justify asking scalper prices, etc, are awful. I'm just glad I live in an area where the surrounding towns have other options

It is rather disgusting that PC game discs will just link to a service to download the game rather than provide it on there. While I might be annoyed at my PS3 for being seemingly unable to play shit directly from the disc though, at least forced installs for it come from the disc and not some PSN server (though patches that go beyond the base game data are of course another issue). I miss the days you could play something right out of the box/case, without having to do day-one patches, forced installs from the disc, etc, but apparently games have gotten so big/bloated/poorly optimized that trying to run them as is just doesn't cut it anymore. While I like having copies of games I enjoy, the current style just leaves them glorified installation discs rather than running from them directly, and in a few cases this has prevented me from playing games with a friend of mine because his (old model 60gb) PS3 simply doesn't have the space required.

Yeah if it were maybe if it were a decade ago this would be alright but you know devs have been in overjew mode right? A lot of online multiplayer games require a one-time code that makes reselling the game impossible. Not to mention most of Gamestop's used games end up being scratched as fuck. So that one game you end up keeping after six fucking months may not be even worth it.

The current only uses I would imagine publishers would use physical copies for are as follows:

this doesn't address consoles obviously. why home consoles still exist beats me. at least handhelds make sense. even then, pirating ROMs and sticking them onto a microSD plugged into a third party adapter is so much better than the original intended way of loading, it's like companies are trying to make piracy the more appealing option.

a lot of online multiplayer games just arent worth playing though. especially not on consoles.

Capcom did the same with Okami HD for the PS3. Game requires a full install, with the download adding its own tab to the XMB's Games section, the way a downloaded PSN game would (so it always has a tab when the disc isn't in, and had TWO when it is). You might think that you could play it without the disc, but even then its still tethered to the disc being inserted to be able to boot. Only PS3 game I've personally seen do something like that (though I'd wager there might be others), and it really leaves it feeling like the disc just had an installer for the PSN digital version on it and a key that the game file looks for to run.

There's a retro/modern vidya shop here in the city that started off real small (inside of some other dude's already tiny print shop), then managed to move out and get his own place. The fucker hosts fighting game tournaments and has been growing ever since and I think is about to open up a second location. He has good prices and I think even does light console repair/modding.

Outside of cities, the only placed I've seen for decent game stores have been inside flea markets.

This is retarded. Why should I go with this and not just straight up pirate the stuff?

Flea markets where I am are pretty bad for vidya. Same with yard sales: either people know what they have and sell it for better than they can manage at either, or they try to charge ebay prices despite leaving themselves less market in person than online. The latter feels especially egregious in the case of yard sales, wherein the idea should be cheap prices to encourage easy sales and quickly clear out of things you don't need/get more space, not ask resell-tier prices on PS2 games. Went to one like that once and asked why they were priced so high and literally got an answer of "oh, that's what they go for on ebay, and we already tried selling it there." I mean, if that's the case, and a much wider, online market (where you can readily find people selling exactly what you want without leaving your chair) didn't want it at that price, what makes you think narrowing the market is liable to help you sell it at the same price?

You only rent digital, never buy it, never own it. Read the terms of service

Not to advocate using Fucking Gamestop, but at the same time, not every worthwhile game has a version that's also digitally available. Also what brought up.

You in east Texas or do they have stores in other places too?

This fucking game.

I DON'T HAVE YOUR STONE AND FUCK YOU ANYWAY!

What do you mean by this? Even physical games are dependent on the patch server staying up. It's not like once the service is killed your physical collection lives forever.

now, in my imho honest opinion(honestly)
I think gamestop is doing pretty good right now with this and the retro game shit since almost all their retro games are priced at like 25% less than a disc-only listing on ebay
but fuck the funko walls

Good luck defending that opinion on a board full of reactionists who can only think in extremes. Middle ground logic is considered fence sitting in this day and age. Especially when it comes to hobbies. ;^)

half the fun of having differing opinions is watching people get mad at them

That's true. Feels good when your opinion triggers a mod so badly they b& you though.

Put the bias away, your enjoyment of vidya will be threefold.

And my wallet will be decimated.

Its never going to work.

Yeah, and Wii games can apparently be vintage as of 2013 or so, going off Gamestop's logic.

Yeah, so? Killing Nazis is literally Wolfenstein's selling point, always has been. CoD wants you to know it's pulling back to the basics after Infinite Warfare's flop, so it makes sense that they want you to know for certain they're going back to WWII.

No, killing interesting mechanazis without commies preaching in your face was the Wolfenstein's selling point.

Where do you live? El Paso?

That Nintendium is a powerful element.

UNASHAMED SHEKEL WORSHIP

Honestly, I don't see many pricy Wii games in comparison to the Gamecube, at least as of now, and it's a bit telling that soon enough afterward Gamestop had to drop that price back down to (I think it was) $60 preowned, which is still a lot, but showed there wasn't much interest from people on dropping $90 on a regular print copy of a Wii game. For what worthwhile games there are (assuming one isn't just going to pirate, between Dolphin and Wii's being easy to hack), the system thankfully hasn't come close to Gamecube or SNES tier prices. That said, Fucking Gamestop still stocks for the Wii, so price may/may not shoot up once they drop the library from store shelves.

remeber that time that Nintendo sent gamestop new copies of the game and they had their employees open them and sell them as used to keep justifying the $89.99 price?

Yeah that's exactly what I'm talking about. Honestly surprises me that Nintendo would be alright with them doing so, as for new copies they'd make a much larger cut of profit than on preowned, but then again it's not like NoA really cared about Xenoblade in general anyhow. Kind of a miracle that they saw fit to reprint it rather than just let it rot as a "sales failure" or whatever it would have counted as (IE: a small print that sells 100% of copies is still a small amount of copies sold), when they refused to see a reason to print many out here to begin with.

They wanted the sheckles clearly.

Prices for Japanese games on PSN are fucking criminal.

A digital copy of P5 was €70. I got it from an old fashioned store a week early for €55.

I am NOT looking forward to the digital future. Without retail competition publishers can charge whatever they want.

PC gaming kinda sidestepped that issue with cd keysites, but there's no equivalent for consoles as far i'm aware of.

Gamestop, sure. I'm just not sure how much of a cut Nintendo actually got from the reprint. Either way, it's rather scummy to charge so much when the intent of a reprint is to make a game more available. Sadly, Gamestop's not the only distributor that oveprices reprint copies. While I'll give that VGC or whatever that Canadian company is named credit for talking various companies into doing reprints of games that honestly needed them (like Yakuza 2 or Infinite Space), the fact that they charge a full fifty maplebucks or whatever, even this many years past release, is pretty bad. Atlus in comparison did a pretty decent job with their PS2 SMT and Persona reprints; if memory serves, most of those were like $20 or less unopened each, at least when I was looking into them.

But NoA clearly hasn't had much interest in Xenoblade, the first game anyhow, being profitable to them. First they decline interest to bring it over (resulting in NoE picking it up), then they only bring it over after being pestered a lot by those involved with Operation Rainfall, then they don't bother to actually print many copies despite the English translation/dub already being taken care of, then they don't bother to make more copies for over a year, allowing aftermarket prices to become hell, and finally let Gamestop get a reprint and mark them as $90 preowned copies in an attempt at a slice of scalper pie. All because what potential fans (and thus customers) there could be had out here weren't deemed worth the effort at first, and were only worth a bare minimum afterward.

Depends on the company. Some will eventually do permanent mark downs for games, others seem content to leave prices as they've been since launch, barring sales.

That's already been happening. See how long it took TK to put out a permanently reduced-price bundle for the Aterlier Arland Plus games on the Vita, which up until then, had remained a full $40 each (meaning all three cost $120; they now go for $80 as a "buy three for the price of two" bundle). Cutting out the middleman they not only save money on production (savings they don't pass on to the customer), but never feel a need to compete with a non-existant aftermarket, aside from maybe the occasional import friendly physical (which even then might be produced in smallish quantities and/or be more expensive to import anyhow).

Aye at least on PC there are multiple digital stores vying for customers and ofcourse there is also piracy to consider. On PSN there is nothing that keeps prices down.

So why not just fucking sub it instead of dub it if your target audience is a bunch of greasy weeaboos? Is there something I'm missing here or are they just too skittish to not cast the widest net possible?

Probably didn't think there was a large weeb audience on the Wii?

Nintendo isn't the kind of company happy with a few 100k sales. They likely didn't want to bother.

And Nintendo of America just wants to sell Pokémon and Mario for (man)children. Anything that deviates from that is a drag on company resources.

Corporations are amoral by nature, your dealings with them should be amoral too, avoid them when the deal is shitty, buy from them when its a good deal.

When I think of "classics" I think of things at least 20 years old, NiER ill be considered a classic but its still too new for that designation in my mind.

I wait until a game is 5 years old before I make a quality judgement.

True, on the PSN it's likely up to the publisher themselves whether to leave a game at-price, or temporarily or permanently mark it down, and some companies are more apt for either of those than others. I would assume it's the same with Nintendo's VC, at least in regards to digital versions of current releases (DS Lite and original Wii were the last Nintendo systems I picked up, so I'm liable to be out of the loop there compared to the PSN).

Probably a weighing of the expense to license the existing Japanese dub vs potential lost sales from people who aren't keen on hearing Japanese compared to their own language. Thoroughim at Absolute Zero (a group that fan-translates for Tales) also raised a good point some years back about western releases using Japanese audio, in that including it leaves a game's English script wide open to be easily picked apart by moonspeakers (like him) in regards to how accurate the text is, without needing to buy a Japanese copy and/or Japanese system to do so, and ideally is a sign of confidence in a scripts accuracy ("ideally" being the keyword; NISA and the like exist, including Japanese dubs here but having garbage English scripts). Some companies are willing to just do Japanese dubs under particular circumstances (such as was done with Muramasa by both Ignition and Aksys), a handful are willing for dual audio (which companies do growing somewhat), but many still opt for English dub only where possible. Also worth mentioning that one excuse in past generation against it, that being lack of disc/cartridge space, holds less water these days when companies can just patch it in as an optional digital download, or just stick compressed game files on the disc and have a forced install to extract the game into playable form. I'd still prefer games to have everything they're meant to come with and run as is off discs, but it does provide some options against not having the audio people want, or having to cut out chunks of the JP audio to fit an English dub in there (looking at NISA, they cut out like half the JP dub for AT2 despite it being meant as "dual audio").

Funny thing though, is that Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii has dual audio anyhow, so I would assume licensing the Japanese audio, even here, wasn't a huge problem (at least considering NoE had footed the translation and English dub a year or so prior themselves).

Yeah, NoA seems to want to just have easy-to-sell games (their main trio certainly have been), and I recall seeing some of the staff saying that they don't even know Japanese but like to pretend they do. And for what games would have niche fanbases here, they either don't bring west, or butcher them, for possibly one or more reasons (NoA/Treehouse not being comfortable with the content, or trying to increase sales by making them more mainstream friendly, or possibly doing their best to intentionally reduce sales on titles they would rather not waste time/money with bringing over in the future via angering potential customers; just my own thoughts).

Maybe NoA. NoJ and NoE published all three "Operation Rainfall" games in Japan and PAL, but only Xenoblade was eventually picked up by NoA, while the other two (The Last Story and Pandora's Tower) were handled here by Xseed. As for the factor of why, maybe they felt that if anyone was going to release Xenoblade here, it might as well be kept within Nintendo, since by that point they owned Monolith Soft themselves, whereas the developers on the other two (Mistwalker and AQ Interactive for the TLS, and Ganbarion for PT) have remained third party (and Xseed is affiliated with AQ, and their current incarnation "Marvelous AQL" anyhow).

Ideally, I understand where you're coming from. Still, here's the thing. People should vote with their wallets. The flow of cash sends the most powerful messages in the current market; if people don't like what a company is doing behind the scenes, it shows in the company's wallets.

How many people here on Holla Forums refuse to buy from Ubisoft, EA, Activision, or Bethesda because of their policies, regardless of how good the games are? How many people shit on Nintendo and refuse to buy their games because they have a negative opinion of the games? It's the same thing; some people refuse to support the company regardless of the quality of the product due solely to the corruption hiding in the shadows.

Corporations really are amoral in their planning, marketing, and dealings. They will find every excuse to make a quick buck off of you, even if it means making decisions that short you on quality, quantity, or long-term investment. The reality is that a good corporation, if you can even consider the possibility, should think about the future as much as possible and plan ahead; sacrificing a few dollars today to produce a high-quality product at a reasonable price is more likely to bring in more customers that are satisfied, thus spreading the word that the company cares more about creating a good game or product, which would increase sales and thus profit without sacrificing the brand.

The big corporations that sacrifice their brand name to fill their coffers, which is basically all of them right now, are eventually going to lose out when people just give up on them. The more they pull this bullshit, even if the games are good–excessive DRM, lootbox gambling, always-online, overpriced horseshit, shuttering great developers–they will lose out on brand loyalty and people will just stop buying them. A market crash is coming, make no mistake.

The fuck?

If memory serves shortly before Gamestop acquired the reprint, it was something like $100-120 for complete preowned copies elsewhere thanks to scalpers and NoA having shortprinted the game. Gamestop thought they could get in on that, acquired a reprint shipment of that, and thought that they could make some easy shekels on a vintage game by pricing it slightly below the standard price at the time. It honestly didn't sit at $90 from them for long; think after a month or two it was down to $60 or so there. Xenoblade was Gamestop exclusive out here in the first place as far as retail goes, because NoA had no faith in it doing well. As another comparison, fucking Gamestop still asks $70 for Radiant Dawn. And that's only on the subject of Gamestop; of course most online resellers and independent stores that stock older games try to scalp anything they can (though there are exceptions). Fuck, I've seen some trying to get ridiculous amounts of money for shit that doesn't work and/or you have no guarantee of getting working again (once saw a seller asking $50 for an "ornamental" game that he admitted wouldn't play).

Actually, while on that note, there's a question to be had: Games that had a limited physical release, with NO retail shipments (IE: sold only online) don't even seem to have tabs for them in Gamestop's website's database. I have to wonder if they are even allowed to take them in (assuming the previous owner is idiot enough to trade such a thing in for a few dollars), and if so, do they try to scalp them just as bad (or worse) as they did with Xenoblade Wii? Because I would assume they would if they could.