Chinese Settings

What are some good games with a chinese, mongolian, or otherwise mainland Asian setting? Strategy and RPGs if possible
Also what are the best M&B asian settings?

Other urls found in this thread:

zompist.com/china.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanfu
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quipus
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lacquer
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_massacres_in_China
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Jade Empire?

Are there even Mongolian-themed games? I'd like to conquer the old world as the Khan and then have stupid kids who will lose it all.

Two Worlds II had a pretty decent Asian area, it was only about 1/4th of the game but it was or atleast the town was really beautiful and well crafted.

You gotta trek through the first Savannah-area to get there tho but it wasnt that bad of a game despite negative criticism.

well Khergits might be the closest thing we'll get for now. And playing as huns on RTW: barbairan invasion is rather fun since you start off with massive hordes to rape everthing

How are those games? All I've heard about two worlds is that it was an oblivion knockoff, and oblivion wasn't too great to start with

The first one is shitty and you shouldn't even bother to try it.
The second one is actually okay, not great but it has some beautiful landscapes and if my memory serves despite being an arpg of sorts it wasnt too clunky to cause grey hairs.

My favorite is Tale of Wuxia, its a parody of the wuxia genre and pretty funny if you're familiar with tropes. The english translation is a bit iffy but it's on Steam for cheap.

My other favorite is the old classic Chinese Paladin (1995), which is a more straightforward wuxia story. You can also play the 2001 remake which is on steam, I think that one might have a translation too.

Ones made by western companies:
Ones made by Chinese filth:

I think it's a good setting when done well. The clothes look really neat.

Where can I learn a decent bit of Chinese history or mythology? Just a primer without going into huge detail

WHO WANT SUM WANG?!

They're shit. Two Worlds 2 used to be good until a recent update added microtransactions and removed the command console.

Look, I can overlook non-white imperials and pity white commies.. but non-white commies.. well..

I've only played the demo, but it was pretty good.

Romance of The Three Kingdoms series.
Dynasty Warriors: Empires if you don't mind their hack n slash.
Theres an ROTK online mmo thats based around the Three Kingdoms period. I don't remember its name tho.

Dynasty Warriors 6.

Play it on PCSX2.

Not vidya unless you make it vidya, but check this out: zompist.com/china.html

goddamn, chinese where pretty damn sexy before they became chinks, weren't they?

There are more Mongolian themed games than there are Mesopotamian themed games. When there's a game called Genghis Khan, but no game called Ashurbanipal, you know something's fucky.

Can recommend this as well, though in the beginning it's more of a spreadsheet simulator than an RPG.

The countless MMORPGs from China or you can try the Wuxia RPG series from Taiwan.

What? Are you talking about some kind of "we wuz" situation?

What's a good one to start with?

The three kingdoms chinese seemed like ""samurai"" in a way. Modern chinese are basically jews

Who is your Chinese waifu?
Mine is Guan Yinping

Shadowrun Hong Kong

Hong Meiling I guess
Maybe Chun Li

Xing Cai

Yang Wenli

Blade and Sword. I really don't know if you can't get it or pirate it anywhere as the only contact I had with it was through user's upload here when he praised it. It's a more tactics based hack and slash game and you perform magic arts by drawing symbols on the screen with the cursor.

Ignore the music, the fuccboi uploader did it on his own.

wait, isnt two worlds SP game?

Chunners

Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour
Mulan's games
Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped

It's easy to find.

You're not missing much. I think I've got this on physical media, will take a look to upload. From what I recall it was entirely forgettable.

age of empires 2 has mongolian/hun campaigns, chinese were also here but i can't remember if they had a campaign or not

Age of Empires 3 has an expansion pack dedicated to the Asian nations, with three campaigns for the Japanese, Chinese and Street Shiters.

What are some Japanese games that feature Nezha/Nata?

Better if he looks like a trap.

You can't have men as your waifu!

I didn't have a Chinese waifu.

But I do now.

Communism was a mistake.

The cheongsam was invented in the 1920s so the Chinese could pretend they had traditional clothing.

They're doing really well economically, which scares me because it's still a shithole.

It's been picked as the next home for the globalist elite, like the US and Britain (Or more accurately, London, New York and Los Angeles) were in the last century.

China hate thread?

But chinese traditional clothing is hanfu!
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanfu

kek

There was Warriors Orochi but that version is terrible.

They've now traced 95% of the plastic pollution in the oceans as coming from Asia, primarily China and India. 5 trillion pounds of plastic is now choking out the ecology of entire swathes of the Pacific. 30% of the United States air pollution comes from China. They are not just destroying their own land, they are destroying the Earths environment wholesale.

Maybe while saging, since this is Holla Forums.

Maybe not at all, since this is Holla Forums and if he posts the whole 20 or whatever the thread will be derailed.

I can't go into details obviously, but the way that the Chinese government treated my Taiwanese grandmother when she went to Hong Kong was fucking disgusting.

Fuck the Chinese government.

Factions was kinda a mix of asian stuff.

Warframe, especially the trap part.

Does this count?

age of wushu is my favourite game of all time, and has very beautiful music.

If that counts, this should count.

My dick says yes.

indonesia is killing my sides

There is coming out a Chinese addon to CK2, if I only will use it to crusade and convert the Chines or put them to the sword.

Upon the day of its release I shall plunder it!

I was going to post a screencap of that one chink justifying beating gf because she is disturbing your "hard work" of playing ASSFAGGOTS by telling you to not sperg on camera, but screencap got fucked up.

More of an asian mishmash, but it does lean a lot harder to China than the others. A pretty fun RPG, despite having a lot of Bioware writing problems, it's carried by the setting and novelty. Also pretty fun combat where enemies will literally explode into showers of blood if you attack right.

They need to make more Kung Fu games!

Fucking China man. Cyberpunk in all the bad it entails.

Extremely Cyberpunk.

That's actually traditional Manchu clothing, not Chinese.

China is really sad because it has such a rich history but it all got destoryed by communism the peoples of china and their spirituality/religions customs everything would be so much better today if they didnt get this soulcrushing commie boot in their face.

Surprised nobody posted sleeping dogs yet. It's a decent beat em up/gta clone set in Hong Kong, although the shooting parts are pretty bad and the driving is cartoonish at times. The soundtrack combined with some of the visuals at nighttime can be comfy as hell. Not to mention you can have some good times randomly drop kicking civilians here and there. Reminds me of saints row in the respect that it's a knockoff but still manages to do more things right than the game it bites off of.

some screenshots

It's as Chinese as you're gonna get.

Great taste anons.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms 13 is good for roleplaying since you play as a single officer and are free to explore and develop yourself as you wish

Is Rise to Honor good?

I didn't enjoy the melee combat too much. I think I was spoiled by God Hand months prior to playing it but it felt too easy and needed less Bam Ham to it and I would have stuck with the game.

China's history can basically be summed up as a cycle of inbred peasants revolting against the upper class then getting taken over by somebody else again rinse wash repeat while at the same time you get raped and pillaged by Mongolians regularly. All while being an extremely authoritarian society whose farmers are all peasants who exist purely to provide for everyone else.

Then Maoism comes along and everybody remotely capable dies.

It was made by squarepenis so that could account for the combat being a little janky. Still I enjoyed it for what it was, it had some good ideas albeit most of them were executed poorly.

Large swathes of the game were cut. It's especially noticeable around the wedding of your boss, when his fiancee acts like she knows the protagonist yet this is the first time the player met her. Also, with the various girlfriends, you can tell there was more planned content that got cut. It's a pity because the core game is a much more solid and fun experience than GTA.

>>>/furry/
Gas yourself.

t.guy who never bothered to read history

Turns out I worked my peasants to death by making my whole population work non stop.
At least I focused on building my kingdoms in the mountainous regions using rivers as highways for troops and trade which made it hard for other nations to attack me during the shitfest.
I actually liked that rebellion and bandits do not spawn out of no where but actually is based on the current situation in your Empire.
To bad they nerfed the crisis way to down because many bitches about how hard it was to fix, despite it was their fault in the first place for spawning them. God casuals ruin any fun I have in strategy games.

that's an alright way of doing sorting but looks like it logistic hell trying to get those robots to max efficiency. company i work at uses a conveyor belt that tips stuff down wooden slides.and those slides barely slide anymore because one of the things being sorted is boxes of paint cans that tumble down and spill open

Not quite what the thread is about, but it depresses me that we have this whole east vs west and specific cultural area aesthetic and inspirations for games, yet we had an entire parallel tree of human cultures and potential influences for games and media in Precolumbian American stuff and it all got erased.

Had the spanish not acted like niggers and had a giant chimpout and burned all the native books and deconstructed all the cites, and had dieeases not literally, in the actual definition of the term decimated the native population, we would likely have tons of games, movies, books, and other shit with Aztec, Maya, Inca, and other aehsrtics with the random cultural idiosyncrasies you see in in other cultural areas. We probably even wouldn't have a East vs West thing, but a East vs Central vs West.

They were already at least Bronze age tier in most regards (Aztecs in particular have a very mesopitmian/ancient egyptian/minoan bronze age look to their architecture) despite the lack of horses or oxen, and way ahead in a few specific ones

Freedom Planet is another with a mainland asia/wuxia inspired setting that's a western game. It's basically a 2d sonic clone (though IMO it's better then any of the actual 2d sonic games), but it's almost dragon ball esque in terms of how it uses asian and futuristic influences for it's aeshetic.

I'd also love some more Mesopitmian inspired games, that alongside Mesoamerican and Andean as I said above, as well as ancient indian (before they went poo in loo tier) and islamic golden age are criminally underused.

sage negated

Will our pain ever come to an end user?

Absolutely, it's fucking depressing. I wonder if there's efforts to undo the damage that's been done.

The Spanish did the right thing tbh.

One day, man. One day.

I know that China has sent state backed scholars of many fields to visit their migrant kin in Malaysia, to both reinforce relations with the population there as well as retrieve/study cultural heritage artifacts that their ancestors brought with them.

I also know that there is a bureau of investigation that is in charge of compensating the victims of the cultural revolution. One of my coworkers went back to China to accept the deed for a shophouse owned by his family on behalf of his grandfather.

Sangokushi games if you can speak nip

I don't get why people always meme about this, designing your military attire after your region's apex predators is fairly common in a lot of cultures.

Aztec/mesoamerican armor is pretty interesting, in any case. If you look at that image and see those diamond pattern vests on some of them, those were essentially a fiber compsosite made with interwoven cotton, jute, and maguay fibers in layers a bit like kevlar, and soaked in brine or other mineral heavy water and left to dry so you'd get crystal growth inside of it. The Inca's (and the Incas in particular were autistic as fuck with fiber and tensile technology, their writing system was actually a series of ropes tied together rather then written markings, they had early suspension birdges, etc) had something somewhat similar and in both the mexican and andean conquests most of the conquistadors ended up switching over since it was better suited to the climate and lighter while still being effective

For the "fur suits", there was a full body suit of that stuff underneath the animal themed exterior, in addition to stuff like wooden helmets and shields.

I think he was just memeing dubsman.

Damn spainards, and they didn't stop there either. They have to racemix the whole continent like a bunch of thirsty fucks and populate central america with mestizos.

Wow that's fucking weird, how do you suppose to read the thing?
Also another note, did they really use obsidian on all their weapons? Do they have any metallurgy of any sort?

I think "had potential" is misleading. Not because there wasn't a ton of potential had the region not suffered epidemics with a a higher then the black death mortality rate/cultural genocide, but because the Aztecs and such were also realized potential themselves It's not like they were the first culture in the region: You had civilizations going back in the region to at least around 1600 BC with the Olmecs, and if you include the andes (inca etc), then you have the Norte Chico river valley civilization wayback in 3500 BC, for both the Inca in the andes and the Aztecsin mesoamerica, they were just the newest regional power/culture in their regions that had thousands of years of history.

Which makes most of it being lost all the more depressing.

Andean stuff i'm way less versed in then Mesoamerica, but my understanding is we haven't really decoded how to translate them, as almost all of them were destroyed and nobody bothered to find out from the people who knew how before they died: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quipus

Obisian was common but obviously it wasn't universal, flint or other stones wuld get used too, some weapons were entirely wooden, such as some clubs, etc.

Soft metals such as gold and silver got worked, obviously, as did copper. The Aztec's biggest rival, the Purepecha Empire, had bronze, but they used it for aeshetic rather then functional purposes. I'm a little unclear if copper or bronze weapons got used in mesomerica, and i've heard conflicting sources on it, but if it happened it wasn;t common, though copper or golden tools such as tweezers or the like I know existed but were still not that common.

The inca and andean cultures on the other hand made use of copper and bronze weapons.

Also, color guide for that image

For example, at 1400/1500 in the "central" section, you have Aztec/Mexica in purple, Tenochtitlan in green, and Triple alliance in yellow. Aztec/Mexica is the culture/ethnic group, Tenochtitlan is the aztec captial, and triple alliance is the actual political empire. So if you see stacked colored bars, keep in mind that's how it read. Similary, you have "Maya" as a purple culture bar, "Chichen Itza" and "mayapan" as specicic maya city states, and then "mayapan" covering both as a political alliance between chichen itza and mayapan (the city state).

lastly, should be obvious, but the image isn't complete and doesn't near cover every culture or city, there's many hundreds, just like any region in europe or asia

For a thousand years china's best form of art was taking toxic skin destroying plant sap, mixing it with varying amounts of mercury compounds and painting with it.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lacquer

Their entire political history consists of taking what are usually fairly minor issues and blowing them so out of proportion that they end up self genociding each other. They kept fucking doing this every chance they got. Here is a partial list, there's actually a lot more but you have to care about the awful clusterfuck of ancient chinese languages to find them.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_massacres_in_China

There was never any point in time when china wasn't a shithole.

Chinks can thank the commies for destroying their country.

The Chinese adopted capitalist reform in the 1980s and dropped a lot of commie aspects, following an economic system more akin to Japans and South Koreas, also known as "East Asian Model Capitalism"

Unfortunately, all chinks have fucking autism and they still refer to their government as Communist. Probably because their government sensors everything in the media, just like real commies

That's because they are politically inept so they can't into differences of political ideologies.

We can all thank leftists for destroying our countries. Is there a place on Earth, besides Israel, that hasn't been ruined by Marxists?

The western world was ALWAYS the world of political experimentation. From the pubs of Boston in the 1700s where people discussed Classical Liberalism in secrecy, to the various Cafes in Eastern Europe in the late 19th to early 20th century where faggots like Karl Marx discussed their pet ideas while the early Nazi party was still basically a bunch of nerds who were just re-discovering neopaganism

The East meanwhile just sat back, took from the west what worked, and left out what didn't

Gee I really want to play a civil war simulator and have to fight off my own neighbor for a bag of rice only to have japs come in and take it.

There is a reason no one wants to deal with the sick men of the east.

Fuck I haven't seen this vid in years.

I don't know any countries that is not ruined by the anti-culturists. Marxism is a cancer to everyone and people just don't effin' learn that it's a shitty ideology.

USA is partially responsible for the commie birth.

They would have known that the commies are shits.

Here

I meant to say
"Here"

Even if they're capitalist now, the 1950s communist reforms still fucked them up

The more I hear about China (including that infamous "never learn Mandarin/Chinese steel/Chinese behavior story") and things like gutter oil, the more I can't understand how the fuck China is supposed to become the next world superpower? The fuck over their own people's health environmental wise, they restrict their freedom in things like internet and even what movies are allowed to be shown. Do you America would have become a good as it is, if it was constantly screwing over the majority of it's people in the long tern health wise?

I know it's been mentioned before how China's military got screwed in Vietnam, but I think if China's was to get invaded, the land grab would probably go to Russia or North Korea trying to claim it.

Nice media, Satan. Looks like a bunch of cheese wheels sorting the packages.

I think when people talka about China as a super power they do it with regards to their growing(?) military power and the amount of stuff that gets produced there and both is pretty bullshit.
Not only is their gov. censoring anything that gets their panties in a twist but their culture hardly manages to bring anything fourth that's worthwhile aside from a dish or something, I mean fuck they are just now starting to adopt shitty american ghetto rap.

the dragon thing? wasn't it supposed to be out already? and besides, its literally just an extra screen and trade mechanic

literally cyberpunk, and trips confirm it
pretty fucking cool and scary

fuck yes, this is exactly what i needed for my cyberpunk dystopia project, thank you god satan

the thing you have to understand about china is that they take the term "human resources" completely literally; humans are like coal that they throw into the furnace to power their economic engine. normally this kind of system is totally unsustainable - see north korea or pretty much any other communist country for example - but china has over a billion people. that's a fuckton of people they can afford to throw into the furnace.

true and sad

but America did and does do that

they've been doing that for 2 centuries, they are doing it right now, and they will keep doing it in the foreseeable future, you stupid goyim.

now pay your taxes, keep involuntarily supporting feminism , and keep eating that corporate Coca Cola cock.

Because they fucking are, it is THE PARTY. They allowed capitalist behaviour saying they were not technologically advanced yet to be full commie but that was to come.

The idea is that the west will keep being run by leftist governments that let the Chinese do whatever they want economically.

And so far it looks like it's going to happen. America is still letting chinks sell their products in America while China prevents America from selling their products in China.

Theoretically, most midwestern states in america, but you have to also consider California unions and shit bashing anyone living in a different state than california and siphoning resources and GDP from every other state in the country.
Really, if America could just up and say, "you know what fuck it, we're taking the literal millions of dollars you funnel out of the rest of the country and reclaiming our network infrastructure and entertainers, fuck off" to california America would actually be a massively improved place to live.
IIRC Texas of all places recently decided fuck california and started funding projects to get their own infrastructure. With no help from Austin. That fucking Shithole.

CHINA NUMBA 1

Because every other country in the world had its manufacturing legs broken.
Also military. Because Chinese people WANT to be in the military.

sause

This made me remember two things, that it was used earlier in Japan than in China, and that reminded me of how China is basically what Japan was before the 80s and before China became the manufacturing plant of the world. People used to call Japanese shit "Jap crap" like we call Chinese shit "Chinese crap" but that will more than likely change in the future with actual quality Chinese products coming out of China, Xiaomi makes a lot of amazing stuff and is highly competitive with western brands, in quality and bang for your buck, from phones, to pens, to vacuum robots and even fucking screwdriver sets, and most of it is really fucking good. IMO China will scale down manufacturing and that role will be taken over by maybe Africa or India in the future, I'm thinking around 30 years.

To be fair every country that experiences accelerated industrialization does this. England in the 19th century was no better. Just remember that China was a complete and utter shithole up until the 1980s and irrelevant to world events for the most part.

Too bad they're shit at waging war. They haven't participated in a real conflict since Korea, and even then they didn't exactly excel at war. And before Korea it was basically two to three centuries of getting their shit kicked in by everyone that decided to fuck with them.

Being shit at waging war is mostly irrelevant at this point. The contention is resources FOR war, not how good those resources are.

what a crazy question.
chinese buttercup. or if i have to pick from a video game, meiling the chinese girl is pretty lovable

ever play battle realms? its a chinese fantasy rts and rice is a resource in this game. look at all this rice.

this is kind of inevitable, it happens to all the big empires sooner or later
mongolians expanded too fast for their own good

What is it with Chinks and ass paddlings using oars?

animal skins from predators you've killed isn't exactly the same as a fursuit
besides, romans did it

As much as I enjoy the Chinese steel story and would love to hear more. Here is a long wrunning video game Chinese rpg made by "Taiwan is number 1." azns. They also made a game series where you require big titty angels in Srpg type combat.

On a side note about the political climate Taiwan Chinese are very warey of main land Chinese. They tend to be "very tricky" why most Taiwan azn tend to be close knit and supportive, like I'm sure everyone always claims their culture to be like. In anycase, many of them don't like main land China's advances towards "reunifying them" since A. they still that whole democracy thing and hate communism, "its how that island end up being a thing in the first place", and B. they are constantly looking at Hong Kong and do not want to be Hong Kong 2.0.

Anyway, good Taiwan Chinese games. Now available on steam in mostly not broken engrish.

Why the fuck are his eye just two dots? Is he an albino panda or something? Is this Saitamas lesser known brother?

Thanks for the mp4 satan. I don't think I want robots tossing around grandma's kitchen plates though.

He's drawn minimally so the reader can self insert.

Why

To be fair, the animal suits you see in typically weren't made of actual hides of the animals you killed, they were made of other materials

ching chong

this guy

The only game that I know of that has an entire hub-level dedicated a Mesoamerican-themed culture is Hexen II. When you enter the 2nd set of levels, the region "Mazaera" is full of Mesoamerican art, architecture and I think some themes too. Damn shame too since that was fun as shit.

Lu Lingqi is pure.
P U R E

Clive Barker's Jericho has a Mesopotamia-style level too.