Game adaptations of other media that you wished would exist

Game adaptations of other media that you wished would exist.

Other urls found in this thread:

logos.wikia.com/wiki/Nabisco
twitter.com/AnonBabble

go back to /a/

Come on thinking about such things is fun

Nigger it doesn't have the infinity at the bottom, it's not a leviathan cross.

you'll take shitty colorsouls game and like it

It doesn't look quite the same but it is an odd logo. This actually got me curious enough to look up its origins.
logos.wikia.com/wiki/Nabisco

A Shadow Government simulator like the Illuminati Tabletop Game would indeed be nice. Especially if it ends on world domination and you can add all the shit that happens on real life, like pedo prostitution rings for blackmailing and funds, a black market for assassination, drugs and shady stuff, false flags on enemy territory, etc.
Basically, make everything edgy as fuck.

Is this evangelion?

I thought SEELE had global control?

Slight liberties with the source material for the sake of gameplay, besides they had to gain that control somehow right? There had to be a lot of background fuckery for them to get and also to stay in power.

shit anime

a fucking political strategy simulator in a universe with giant robots made from the broken husks of fucking gods.
You are fucking autistic.

Friendly reminder.

A Ghost in the Shell adaptation, chiefly taking after Stand-Alone Complex, in the form of an X-COM-like.

reminder anno is also a fan of first gundam. Shinji is just amuro never grew the fuck up.

Amuro is a better autistic child because he learns to grow the fuck up.

I could see that as being pretty decent. Much of the charm of x-com comes from the cannon fodder turning into super soldiers, though. Not sure it could be done well with existing characters.

There was a game kinda like this where you were an evil dead god and you had to engineer your rebirth. Riling up monsters, starting wars, silencing anyone who knows too much.

The kickstarter to finish it fell through.

people still gives a fuck abot NGE? the only good thing about that cartoon were the mecha fights.

… ditch the existing characters, and just give the characters you'd actually get a similar sort of style? The concept does fall apart a bit if you get too strict with the adaptation.

NGE somehow helped make the world slightly worse by telling pathetic narcissistic fuckups that they are special.

More like Kamille Bidan, who is the father of all shounen cry babies.

A Phantasm game.
I want to drive around in my muscle car and fight imps with a quad barrelled shotgun.

There's an RPG Maker game like that, called Voyage for Vengeance

That's the exact opposite of what it does though.

Doesnt make him wrong though, NGE political simulator sounds bretty gud in current year + 3.

Tell me more user, could it contain xcom like base building? Maybe shows how NERV was built. Test labs, command centre, EVA pens, engineering perhaps the MAGI computer could be an unlockable unique building?

Im already putting far to much thought into this already. Maybe someone should just mod xcom.

A Battletech 4X would be nice.

Any fucking good adventure game. Based on Made in Abyss, Mushishi anything.
We are drowning on "Open World" games where it takes 20 minutes to move from one end to other and you don't need to eat or plan it in any way.
NaissancE got pretty close but hey indie 3h long game.

He actually grew up. NGE script just makes sure he never is in not depressed state short enough for anyone to notice.
From story point it makes sense as end goal was so he wanted to kill himself during End Evangelion. From viewers point entire character progression is fucking gone unless you actually watch this shit 3 times and take notes each time.
NGE is such a clusterfuck I am amazed they still didn't remake it with proper script writer.

Just do game version of Adeptus Evangelion.

I want a game where you pilot a EVA that's not a fightan game, one where you have to fight angels and other cities robots(?) in the city and wilderness, like a over the shoulder or first person style

They started.

It is still Anno but now with more Gurren Laggan and bit less depression. NGE main plot points can be easily left untouched.
Problem is for example Shinji getting his arm ripped 2 minutes after he was placed into Eva Unit. With 0 of making sure that audience knows what he feels. It comes out like he just panicking.
There is entire joke about him getting into a robot because robots are cool. Meanwhile intention was for Eva Units to be more or less torture chambers, where you feel any stab or damage to your robot as done to you.

But well at least he made cool new fight scenes so it is salvageable just like NGE was.

That's actually a great idea. You would have to work on developing NERV but also making sure that you never develop them enough so that they won't be able to fight against you at the end. You also get EVA series as top of the tech tree end game units.

You could also make a game where you play as Gendo trying to develop NERV and try to balance the political situation of the NERV and SEELE relationship while secretly working on his own version of the instrumentality

the bible

I always thought XCOM was like Nerv and the myterious "Council of Nations" was Seele.

That Which Sleeps
the kickstarter was a success, but the two guys developing the game took the money and ran

I want more games based off Greek mythology. Where's my Odyssey or Argonauts game
That and more obscure D&D games based in Greyhawk or Darksun

Yes, but with a caveat want a game the properly game that captures the spirit of Jason and the Argonauts & 81' Clash of the Titans. Not another God of War or something that takes an "authentic" Grecian art aesthetic like Apotheon or worse something with Cliche "World of Warcraft" art that you see in ever MOBA like Smite. Think, Dragons Dogma but with Ray Harryhausen as the art designer.

You didn't read all those fanmails that Gainax received when the show was airing?

No, Kamille was autistic enough to climb into a mobile suit himself just so he could go beat up jerid.

At most it's just "hardcore/survival-mode" where you need to drink gallons and eat 10 000kcal's every ingame day to survive, what we have now i mean.

What about an Eva SRPG? Your units are the Evas and you fight angels, the stages are Tokyo in various stages of destruction. Maybe there's a mechanic where you have to keep your guys from going berserk.

you mean SRW? Because it does eva's story but better

fucking evafags are stupid and dull

I've just started watching Gundam Zeta and holy shit

Is there a main character in any media more autisitc? The first thing that I thought when I saw what Amuro does was "He is a reckless kid who needs to grow up". The first thing that I thought when I saw Kamille was "That kid has autism"

I agree, I would really play a game based around biblical stories that portrays them in a neutral light. Especially The Old Testament.

It is also straight up said by him. Most anime try to pass the shit you mentioned off as an ever-escalating accident, vengeful justice, slapstick comedy, or being an emotionless killer, but seeing Kamille in action is the only time watching an anime MC thinking 'this kid has problems'. But his autism is a good source of amusement for the first half of Zeta anyways. If anything, it did grab my attention.

She's kinda cute. What anime?

user I don't want to dissapoint you but…

Zeta is good. hope you're watching the TV series, ANT is non-canon and the transition to the new scenes is jarring

Oh it's one of those
cases?
rip

He is portrayed as a boy from the start. He just has a girl's name because his family hates him or something I haven't watched the anime in full yet

No, he's a boy through and through. Just with girly hair and a girly name.

Why do you think it even looks like a female? It doesn't.

that would be boring as fuck. why not a 1 on 1 arena battler like Custom Robo with destructible environments?

Why? Strategy games are fun user.

I want a game based around gassing kikes.

There was that Auschwitz mod for prison architect right?

I'm not huge expert on anime but thing in those pictures sure as hell doesn't look like a male.

Might aswell make it myself i guess.

Well not every teenager looks like fucking Sylvester Stallone either, do they.

There's nothing wrong with liking chicks with feminine dicks.

If you're attracted to dicks you are gay.

There is, you're a faggot

Enjoy ur HIV

I guess you would know.

Mein nigger. Playing a OD in it is fun if the GM is fairly decent. Especially when the pilots are sperging the fuck out while you're sitting comfortably in your base. RIP 3.0

The closest game I've played to Made in Abyss is Breath of the Wild but it has some major gameplay issues that hold it back. If you play it be sure to never pick up a heart container and just rely on cooking bonus heart food otherwise it becomes babbymode tier.

>You will never hear the ending music during the credits sequence after defeating the last boss of the game, where the credits appear during Senketsu's death

Why even live?

something like Super Robot Wars, but with magical girls.

Better yet, more magical girl games in general. It's sad how little of those are there.

KAMILLE IS A MAN'S NAME YOU PIECE OF FUCKING SHIT

It is a man's name in Poland

NOT IN SPACE FAGLORD

Spooky

You really might be onto something there champ! :^)

If you say so.

My nigga

A Blame! game would just be too good.

I just want a Deff Skwadron game.

Satan was against God. God is Jewish.

Why did Kamille have to be a potato in the entirety of Double Zeta?

Funny, Made In Abyss is virtually Etrian Odyssey: The Anime. Actually I'd like to see a proper anime adaptation of the series now that I think about it.

Satan is Jewish as well.

This.

Kill yourself, please. You don’t get it at all.

I want a game where you play as Tite Kubo where you use your bankai to kill Hideaki Anno and fuck Eichiro Oda's wife

Satanist here, Satan absolutely hates the Jews and plans on wiping them out upon his return.

you need to rename that picture, user

Etrian Odyssey has boring ass turn based battle, tough.

He wasn't. He got out of the coma around episode 30 something.

Half the Jews in Hollywood pretend that they're not Jewish too. Are you going to believe them?

There's plenty of games with greco-rman aeshetics, how about Mesoamerica, Southeast Asia, etc?

KlK is a terrible show but I'd really love it if it was adapted into a Metal Gear Rising x Yakuza kind of game. The whole setting is maximum comfy and the fights would be obnoxiously over the top for the best of reasons.
Really, most terrible new anime/mangas would work much better as games. OPM would be the rebirth of City of Heroes or a quirky game about not doing too much damage despite having OHKO attacks and being invincible. AoT already has games that are thousands of times more engaging than the trainwreck that it is.

I'd kill for a MiA game. There's so many different ways you could do things. Story mode playing as Reg/Riko; sandbox mode playing as a nameless orphan trying to work his way up to White Whistle by just doing normal delving; campaign mode of Bone Daddy as he attempts to better the world through SCIENCE and take control of all the artifacts before the 2000-year-cycle ends and everyone dies.

Forgot to mention: there's all sorts of fun ways ascending could fuck up your interface to replicate the Curse. Blocking use of certain abilities/keys, blurring/reddening/wobbling the screen, shutting off sound, putting in delays between input and effect (basically lag), turning off the HUD, etc.. I've never seen a game that does a lot of stuff like that, and it seems like it would be really interesting.

No it's fucking not, it's not the best show in existence but as a cheesy action-comedy animu it's fucking great.

ok