Let's see, what are the good qualities of motorcycles?

Let's see, what are the good qualities of motorcycles?

Not these things, they guzzle gas almost as badly as trucks.

Not a Harley, you could probably buy two economy cars for the price of one hog.

Not these, I've heard driving a Harley compared to driving a bouncing old sofa down the road

Nope, they'll break in a stiff wind.

They'll cost you an arm, a leg and the soul of your firstborn child.

If you consider aging corporate suits going through a mid-life crisis and overweight flag waving REMF """veterans""" cool, sure.

Is Harley-Davidson the ultimate counter to the argument that the best products/companies rise to the top under capitalism?

It sounds like they're the macs of motorcycles

I think you're on the wrong board m8

Read the whole post.

It's what happens to any product. A product being 'the best' is not because of product quality, but how well it fares in competition.

What do you mean at the top? Harley doesnt sell even half of what japanese or chinese brands do

Well I'm a dickhead

The problem is that social status is equally valid in the market as practical goods. That's why you have shitty brands with good marketing that do better than their competitors. Apple, Harley-Davidson, Starbucks, 90% of fast-food, so on and so forth. This isn't a problem with Capitalism. It's a problem with vanity. Value will be exchanged for what people want in any economic or political system, and people want to be seen as fashionable. Even if you outlaw art itself, the mind adjusts to incorporate its new perceived reality, developing novel scales and measurements of desirability. We can go all the way back to cavemen, and the prettiest bird feather will still be worth two rocks instead of one.

Sorry to say, you can't fix this one with legislation or economics of any kind.

hahaha stupid NSA your bot thinks it's on Holla Forums

i think microsoft windows is a more relatable shit product.

and apple obviously.
protip: find out what your victim is using and insult the opposite abomination.

That's quite the bold claim you're making there, you have any evidence for it beyond rhetoric.

Going by the comparitive quality of their bikes, they shouldn't even be in business, yet they're still one of the larges motorcycle companies.

Holy shit Holla Forums. i understand that hooman is a huge joke here but some of these come off as retarded.

At least those products can claim something like "ease of use". Apple even had that "it just works" thing.

There is literally no upside to Harley-Davidson that I'm aware of.

You say this, but we have never really tried. Breaking brands should not be too hard; just outlaw ads, force plain packaging, mandate standardized information.

Most of these things are already around in one form or the other!

Im sorry, ill go back to jerking off about the material conditions and the non-existence of culture.

Be sure to read actual theory while your at it.

Tempted to report photo. Fucking capitalists

I was talking about how shit they are.