I'm really not confident in this thing. The entire opening is off. Watch the non-shrunk version here:

I'm really not confident in this thing. The entire opening is off. Watch the non-shrunk version here:
hooktube.com/watch?v=i-eiJHiLhOs

I don't think these people are giving the ominous, biblical imagery of shadow of colossus the appropriate treatment. It looks too realistic, it's not supposed to. The sky isn't supposed to be like a normal sky. It's supposed to be a little familiar, but lacking those key elements which allows you to connect to it naturally. The moon shouldn't be there. The sealed gate should be there. The clouds are supposed to be bizarre, not realistic.

It looks pretty. It looks like a tech demo, but it's missing the point completely.

never mind the image composition here. The color is 100% fucked up. Gaius doesn't look like he should, but I'm not certain if that's from the capture or something else, but either way.

Why are westernshits touching it? Is it just a remaster like the HD Collection or does it actually feature new content?

bluepoint is excellent at doing HD ports. I think it's running on the same technology as the original, just ported to PS4 and limits expanded to accommodate new visuals. That would be my guess as to best preserve the game play. and to maintain core asset work.

I think the game should just be continually ported as the PS3 version was, introduce a few more features like 60fps, vr, whatever, and sell it for $20/30 as another collection.

Not this shit.

Team Ico is dead

they exist as gen design now. I'm curious about ueda's involvement with this project at all. I think they're doing a great disservice to Ueda's art.

Wasn`t the HD version a thing some years ago?

It looks like your average 0$ budget Unity indieshit made with stolen assets from the engine's marketplace.
Welcome to the Triple A Industry™. Video games never ever.

2011 iirc.

Ueda isn't involved in this at all, he left even before The Last Guardian was moved to a PS4 title.
Just stayed to furfill his contractual obligation.
You ready for that FPS?

I'm aware, but it doesn't mean he/Gen Design wasn't at least supervising.

framerate or first person shooter? I imagine they're targeting 30 which is disappointing but whatever.

FPS
Ueda said in 2011 that he was looking in developing an FPS.
Maybe he changed his mind though, its been 6 years, almost 7 after all.

he did some work with nudemaker last, and they do have experience with first person games.

Basically I know everyone gushed over it and that there must be good reason for that, but I fear my cynicism might ruin it for me.

no game has done giant enemies better than sotc to this day. try to keep in mind too:
everything the game did, it achieved on hardware designed in 1998, manufactured in 1999, and it still had to have technology that didn't become mainstream until 2006– HDR.

Things like the camera AI, horse AI, tracking, lighting, inverse kinematics, etc. weren't just technology that was being defined by a game built for 1999 hardware.

Just play it and you'll be very happy.

I'd be okay with it if they were including the bosses that were cut from the original, but so far we haven't seen or heard anything that implies they're going to do that. It seems really unnecessary otherwise, SOTC already looks and plays fine. Maybe if the framerate's improved it'll be alright, but a framerate improvement's not worth buying the same game again at full price for (assuming it's going to be full price).

I've played it like 3 times in 2013-2017 user, it still holds up and I fucking love EDF.
No giant enemy has been done like this, I prefer the EDF sandboxy way but SoTC really polishes it while giving the Colossus and you enough freedom outside of railroaded crap.

I remember faggot journos saying how Chronos in the GoW3 was the biggest enemy you ever battled and the fucking thing is just scripted railroaded garbage just like everything in the mediocrity that is that series.

Go play it user, if you have a decent machine crank it to 60FPS..
Its top tier shit, probably my favorite PS2 after Spiderman 2.

The way the characters control has actual weight to them and the physics are top notch. You are faggot if you can't appreciate that.

the edf way of doing it is sort of like giving you really intimidating but dumb enemies that behave like game enemies. sotc handcrafted the giants to behave extremely intelligently, uniquely, and to require the player to learn about their behaviors. Some of them even exhibit emotional qualities which is really a testament to the design of them. I won't remember the 3rd giant ant I've killed in EDF, but I'll remember each of the colossi for the rest of my life.

iirc it's 40.

I also love the skill related easter eggs that give you skins and shit like Lizard tails and fruit that can help you out but unless you were curious wouldn't know about it.

Christ,I only realized I could save at designated checkpoints 7 years after the fact, I finished like 10 playtroughts on Normal and Hard plus Time Trial replays and I never realized I could save, and it never bothered me one bit thanks to the physics, the world and scenery at work.

Its really something, too bad Sony has gone the way of the normalfag just like most companies since 2007.

The EDF way is great as well, its pure madness and sandboxy goodness.
Its like playing a Kaiju film and I love it.
You can't drop a shitton of Arty on top of NotGodzilla and watch it fall up and come back again on SoTC.

They're completely different games with completely different concepts and designs, they just have a great premise that has always given me an itch regarding video games, Gigantic enemies and how they should be done.
Both scratch that itch and more and its amazing

Now all I want is an underwater spookfest with Giant Enemies as well, Subnautica was supposed to do that, and then they just fucked up and made the biggest creature in the game a fucking passive piece of shit.

I think it looked too goofy from day 1. One of the spooky monsters has a giant ass-cheek chin… it's just silly looking. One of the concept sotc creatures looks like a more horrifying deep-sea creature than anything in subnautica.

I like what EDF does too, and it's probably one of the best examples of a game like it, but SotC is that sort of hyper-detailed approach applied to giant enemies and the only other times its ever seen is bloated with shitty QTEs or other gay baggage.

Eitheer DMC 5 or DD 2 I just hope Itsuno has a decently sized project on his hands.
And I ish to see it soon

I think that's OK. It's interesting, but I think the best made the cut and what we got was fantastic. We have to keep in mind if the game got an extension the PS3 was right around the corner and the game would have just been delayed for the new system.

when i finished this game i was like "what the fuck? thats it? what waste of time"

Heh

You have to be 18 years or older to post here

Just fucking play it you nonce, it's good.

bump, more people should play the original.

I am right now, plugged my PS2 with Freemcboot to a CRT using Composite. I can't get past the horse one where you have to hide in the tunnels or whatever.

its a good idea to lure it to one tunnel, sneak around to another, and climb on it from there. First time playing?

Go into the tunnel, he'll look inside, goout the other side of the tunnel and climb up his ass and stab.

I don't see much difference to what i remember other than those textures, but considering the ps2 had terrible lightning i don't know what the original intent of the developer was, if it was to make a "realistic look" for a ps2 game they sure had one going, and thus i think the intention is preserved i'd say it's okay

Thanks user, I'll buy it anyway.