Anyone who bought Future Tone...

Anyone who bought Future Tone? Because the game is on sale I wanna know if is worth the season pass or the bundle only is okay?

Also Miku Thread I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

projectdxxx.me/download
archive.fo/hLg07
twitter.com/cfm_miku_en
youtu.be/Kn8Vs_kKQMc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If you like Mikushit, yeah, it's not bad. The DLC packs are a ripoff though. You only get like, 12 songs for just $5 less than you pay for one of the main-game content packs which contain 100+ songs each.

You can also get it for free on the PC via PPDPC. Since it's a fan port of the arcade version, it won't be quite the same as the official Future Tone, but I think you can create and share songs rather than waiting for Sega.

projectdxxx.me/download

is that the graphics of the game?

Its a low budget rhytm game where a ll the money is poured into music licenses, so yes.

Over 200 miku weebshit songs is pretty good value.

Only complaint is that it has less "structure" compared to the main Project Diva games, it's really more of an interactive jukebox. The Diva series has far more game/RPG elements and trophies, including that cute Diva Room virtual pet minigame where you can headpat the vocaloids. Only about 30 songs though, and the latest release, X, has a rather bland tracklist. Though honestly that's more due to the declining output of the Vocaloid fandom."

The season pass is bad value compared to the game packs. Only buy if you really want those particular songs.

The game also runs at a solid 60fps on console, and let's be honest, in a rhythm game response is more important than the fancy wallpaper.

Is Miku still a thing? I thought Japs stopped giving a fuck and wentbon to the next idol trend.

They have some good ones every now and then

Wow, is this Gaia Online?

i dont mean it in a bad way, it looks nice and i wondered if it moved or does it stay static

Started declining around 2012-14, unfortunately. About the same time 2hu did, incidentally.

I'm not sure what, if anything, replaced them. The nips are scattered between a few mega franchises as I see it. IM@S, Love Live, Shipsluts, Granblue, Fate/Go, etc etc. Nothing that has the all-encompassing unifying power of the past greats.

The death knell was Crypton prostituting her to gaijin talkshows and shitty adverts.

It is the only reason why I haven't sold my PS4, but its the only one I've ever played. So I might have shit taste amd not realize. I just really like rythem games and DJ hero is super ded.

Why did anyone think that was good idea?

Jesus Christ, that actually would have been a better song selection than what they actually played. Never understood why, when they had a prime-time slot on a popular American show - they though "Yes, that's the song we want to introduce Miku to a whole new audience with".

Why not something that would actually appeal more to the audience? Why not Glow, or Two Breaths Walking, or Gigantic Girl? Or maybe something more iconic like The World is Mine or Tell your World?

Also, those concerts seem to be really lazily choreographed. Maybe it's just a limit of the technology, but it seems like her animations are barely related at all to the song she's playing in a lot of them and the dances she does look like they're just looping generic simple animation tests.

Did this trigger the shit out of japs or what?

this is now a gachi thread

Miku was always a corporate whore

And it keeps getting worse. Crypton's investment in foreign marketing sounds to me like the brand is failing.
archive.fo/hLg07

twitter.com/cfm_miku_en
They've already hired some Tumblr memeposter to run the (previously dead) official English Miku account.

Its been clear for a while the Jap fanbase has been stagnating - hell, that's what Sand Planet was all about: youtu.be/Kn8Vs_kKQMc

So I assume they're desperately trying to build up the western one to compensate. That explains the letterman performance, and the tie-in with Anamanaguchi.

That said, I dunno how well this will go seeing as the kernel the franchise is built on, the Vocaloid software, still doesn't support English well, and even if it did, the Tumblr fanbase is so vicious and drama filled they'll never collaborate on the same level the Japs did.

Not in that chive.
Not in that chive either. Posted the wrong link?

Instead of thinking 'western', think 'non-Japanese'. One of the overseas markets to Japan is China where support has been growing - along with the introduction of Chinese language vocaloids.

If it's offensive to weeaboos, imagine how bad it'll be for them. I'm sure not watching that video.

If Miku is declining, how come I see more and more statushit and figmas made of her as time goes by? She surpassed even Haruhi by a good margin on the "I have way too many figmas" scale. Incidentally, I also just bought all the packs that were on sale - thanks for letting me know, OP.

Dunno what's in the season pass, but the base game (Future Sound + Colorful Tone) is definitely worth it. I only wish that it had Kagerou Daze.

Is season pass worth though?

No, it only has a handful of stuff, like 4 songs each more or less. Just check if you really like any of the songs and see if its worth it. Personally, I bought it but mostly because I'm addicted to these Miku games, but it seems like a bad value compared to the billion of songs the other 2 DLC packs add.

Maybe if it was cheaper right now its on sale if you have PS+ but still not worth it.

It's because Miku isn't declining at all. There is still tons of music and fan art made every day, and her popularity is also growing outside Japan. Whether you like the new stuff being made or not is a different issue, but Miku and Vocaloid overall is still well alive.