John Flores
John Flores

Is it better than XV?

Leo Bennett
Leo Bennett

yeah

Landon Gomez
Landon Gomez

it wouldn't be saying much if it WAS better than XV, would it?

Jacob White
Jacob White

True
how is it though? Seems very generic and the chibi puts me off

Levi Diaz
Levi Diaz

I haven't played XV yet, all I heard was praise for that game as the best selling FF or something.

chibi
Super Deformed characters are cute, though at least it's an option to be SD.

Carter Cox
Carter Cox

What the fuck is this gay shit?

Kayden Collins
Kayden Collins

I seem to remember it being rather braindead, but I guess that's par for the course with this series.

Ayden Hall
Ayden Hall

Dragon Quesat Monsters a light-hearted FF game.

Joseph Hall
Joseph Hall

Its a baby RPG for babies but that is pretty much everything Square Enix puts out.

Eli Moore
Eli Moore

This year already had Elex and Divinity Original Sin 2. Why you would continue to look towards weebshit, i don't know.

Kayden Brooks
Kayden Brooks

This game seems like just a cynical reminder that Squaresoft used to be good.

Hudson Reed
Hudson Reed

Also how botched was the localization job on this?

Christopher Russell
Christopher Russell

They added in a gay verbal tick to one of the characters that makes almost all the voice acting unbearable. I turned off the voices immediately and never looked back. The rest of the game was great.

Christopher Myers
Christopher Myers

The shit work was mostly done in monster descriptions I believe.

Brody Gonzalez
Brody Gonzalez

Yes. It is a finished game without two years of 'fixing' that you have to pay for.

Bit cringey dialogue but if you like monster collecting games and turn based rpgs its good niggs.

Michael Campbell
Michael Campbell

XV is better then 13 and Secret of Mana (just replayed SoM and it really wasn't as good as I remembered). My biggest issue with XV is that it was brimming with potential, the reasons people hate on it are so contrived its easy to assume they didn't actually play it.
Its ok for what it is. A return to a more traditional turn based formula but still suffers from modern contrivances. The characters are likable at times and grow on you over the course of the cleshay but serviceable story. It really could have used a Hard Mode. The after game content shows that the battle system its interesting but it never gets fully realized during the main campaign because the game is far too easy. If the Maps where a bit more complicated and the combat was a bit more challenging it would have been a sold game. They played it far to safe, so at the end of the say its a comfy casual FF/pokemon game with tons of fanservice.

Brody Watson
Brody Watson

poz and poz 2: the cisening

Good goy.

Jace Hernandez
Jace Hernandez

Only my japanese ames are pure

Easton Barnes
Easton Barnes

isn't that the one that raped almost every other SE franchise in a mad bid for nostalgia?
Like Einhander and Xenogears?

Kayden Rivera
Kayden Rivera

Yes, be a good gaijin and buy it now. It has cute anime girls!

Bentley Fisher
Bentley Fisher

chibishit
into the trash.

Wyatt Torres
Wyatt Torres

The cringe was due to the localizers attempting to make the Japanese brand of comedy more "hip" for Western audiences, as in "Wow, aren't we quirky? XD" type. Supposedly people that tried it out when it was first released deemed it an okay/average fanservicey collector title for Final Fantasy fans with points deducted via the dialogue and flavor text.

Thomas Butler
Thomas Butler

I want to fuck Reynn

Angel Phillips
Angel Phillips

These characters look hideous. It's like they tried to combine realistic, anime and chibi all at once.

Grayson Hughes
Grayson Hughes

agreed, why can't I play as polish sephiroth or mass effect guy instead?

Alexander Ward
Alexander Ward

Your strawmannery is retarded. Disliking one extreme does not mean liking another extreme.

These things have hideous proportions yet realistic looking textures. That does not work when her head is the size of her upper body. You can't just take a mostly normal body, add some sort of anime and realistic at the same time abomination face, and then double the size of the head so that it looks oversized even by anime standards. And then there's the plastic baby toy weapon, though stupid and ugly weapons aren't exactly a new thing when it comes to Square Enix. Hell, even Kingdom Hearts characters, from what little I played of it, looked better than this. At least there the anime girls didn't have their head proportions designed by an inflation fetishist, and they had more cartoony textures and faces to somehow make them less jarring than that thing, despite standing right next to Donald Duck.

Camden Martin
Camden Martin

If you dislike X then you are Y

Ian Cook
Ian Cook

the art design of the Chibi was fine and the game looks good for the most part. I agree the MC's are ugly and out of place but luckily you rarely need to be in that form if you don't want to. In other words, Yasuhisa Izumisawa designs are great. Tetsuya Nomura is garbage.

Hunter Long
Hunter Long

It's Reynn time!

Benjamin Bennett
Benjamin Bennett

She looks like on of them there kemono gals.

Asher Miller
Asher Miller

one of those is an extreme, the other is status quo.

Aaron Nelson
Aaron Nelson

That design
Looks like a robot
I want to fuck it

Charles Ramirez
Charles Ramirez

It's made by Square so it will have denuvo.

Ethan Cook
Ethan Cook

Still no mentions of it unlike Star Ocean V

Liam Ortiz
Liam Ortiz

Did 15 have Denuvo?

Wyatt Cox
Wyatt Cox

15 isn't out on PC till 2018

Joseph Powell
Joseph Powell

Christ.

Owen Bailey
Owen Bailey

Is it better than XV?
What isn't?

Xavier Rivera
Xavier Rivera

I actually like the super deformed.
I refuse to say "Chibi".

Brandon Bennett
Brandon Bennett

Chibishit
Thanks but no thanks

Jace Nguyen
Jace Nguyen

but luckily you rarely need to be in that form
Too bad the MCs of the other games also use it, they look jarring as hell. It's an achievement to make Teedus worse
XIII

Nathaniel Russell
Nathaniel Russell

I'm playing it on my Vita. I think it's pretty good as a portable game. I wouldn't play it on a Playstation 4 or PC though…. Also Penguin grill is best grill.

Chase White
Chase White

Oh yeah i forgot to add you can hold down the R trigger and speed every up while in combat which is super nice. you can even fast forward cut scenes kinda like persona4golden by also holding down the trigger.

you change change combat speed to 1-5 and can have full turn based combat or ATB combat, or a semi-ATB which I have no idea bug honestly you want to be using the trigger to speed up combat plus having combat speed to 5 and leaving it on true turn based mode.

The game is pretty much a cake walk… even if you go ATB… like i just got past crystal tower and yep… pretty easy… again as a portable game its good but i wouldn't play this any other way.

Lucas Cox
Lucas Cox

lacking reading comprehension.
The chibi stuff looks good. Tetsuya Nomura is the Kingdom Hearts artist who designed the ugly "Realistic" shit. It would have been better if the whole game was consistently Chibi. Chibi Teedus is actually likeable unlike his original counterpart in that trash game FF10. FF10 would objectively be the worst FF game if not for XIIII existing.

Julian Ross
Julian Ross

I've heard it's not all that challenging, but it's cute and loaded with fairly decent fanservice in terms of references and call backs.

Elijah Lee
Elijah Lee

Best girl in mediocre game

Joseph Price
Joseph Price

nigger lover

Carter Jenkins
Carter Jenkins

Goblin Queen
Not Quacho Queen

Christopher Gutierrez
Christopher Gutierrez

I fadt fowarded about 70% of text and cut scenes
its not a game that has much worth reading outside a select few scenes
gameplay wise its simple but more a final fantasy than 15 was thats for sure

No idea what price steam is selling it for but I say once its on sale grab it as a game for backlogging when you want something that requires low mental energy to play
Its a time waste game to play between shit you actually want to play

Nicholas Baker
Nicholas Baker

Its an old school Final Fantasy that oddly makes a game wide joke about the two art styles the series has.
It fucking legit and better than XV by a wide margin.

Elijah Stewart
Elijah Stewart

YOU STUPID FUCKING COCKSUCKERS! GIVE XENOGEARS BACK TO MONOLITH SOFT AND MAKE THEM DO EPISODE VI YOU CUNTS!

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit