World of Final Fantasy PC

Is it better than XV?

yeah

it wouldn't be saying much if it WAS better than XV, would it?

True
how is it though? Seems very generic and the chibi puts me off

I haven't played XV yet, all I heard was praise for that game as the best selling FF or something.

Super Deformed characters are cute, though at least it's an option to be SD.

What the fuck is this gay shit?

I seem to remember it being rather braindead, but I guess that's par for the course with this series.

Dragon Quesat Monsters a light-hearted FF game.

Its a baby RPG for babies but that is pretty much everything Square Enix puts out.

This year already had Elex and Divinity Original Sin 2. Why you would continue to look towards weebshit, i don't know.

This game seems like just a cynical reminder that Squaresoft used to be good.

Also how botched was the localization job on this?

They added in a gay verbal tick to one of the characters that makes almost all the voice acting unbearable. I turned off the voices immediately and never looked back. The rest of the game was great.

The shit work was mostly done in monster descriptions I believe.

Yes. It is a finished game without two years of 'fixing' that you have to pay for.

Bit cringey dialogue but if you like monster collecting games and turn based rpgs its good niggs.

XV is better then 13 and Secret of Mana (just replayed SoM and it really wasn't as good as I remembered). My biggest issue with XV is that it was brimming with potential, the reasons people hate on it are so contrived its easy to assume they didn't actually play it.

Its ok for what it is. A return to a more traditional turn based formula but still suffers from modern contrivances. The characters are likable at times and grow on you over the course of the cleshay but serviceable story. It really could have used a Hard Mode. The after game content shows that the battle system its interesting but it never gets fully realized during the main campaign because the game is far too easy. If the Maps where a bit more complicated and the combat was a bit more challenging it would have been a sold game. They played it far to safe, so at the end of the say its a comfy casual FF/pokemon game with tons of fanservice.

poz and poz 2: the cisening

Good goy.

isn't that the one that raped almost every other SE franchise in a mad bid for nostalgia?
Like Einhander and Xenogears?

Yes, be a good gaijin and buy it now. It has cute anime girls!

into the trash.

The cringe was due to the localizers attempting to make the Japanese brand of comedy more "hip" for Western audiences, as in "Wow, aren't we quirky? XD" type. Supposedly people that tried it out when it was first released deemed it an okay/average fanservicey collector title for Final Fantasy fans with points deducted via the dialogue and flavor text.

I want to fuck Reynn

These characters look hideous. It's like they tried to combine realistic, anime and chibi all at once.

agreed, why can't I play as polish sephiroth or mass effect guy instead?

Your strawmannery is retarded. Disliking one extreme does not mean liking another extreme.

These things have hideous proportions yet realistic looking textures. That does not work when her head is the size of her upper body. You can't just take a mostly normal body, add some sort of anime and realistic at the same time abomination face, and then double the size of the head so that it looks oversized even by anime standards. And then there's the plastic baby toy weapon, though stupid and ugly weapons aren't exactly a new thing when it comes to Square Enix. Hell, even Kingdom Hearts characters, from what little I played of it, looked better than this. At least there the anime girls didn't have their head proportions designed by an inflation fetishist, and they had more cartoony textures and faces to somehow make them less jarring than that thing, despite standing right next to Donald Duck.

the art design of the Chibi was fine and the game looks good for the most part. I agree the MC's are ugly and out of place but luckily you rarely need to be in that form if you don't want to. In other words, Yasuhisa Izumisawa designs are great. Tetsuya Nomura is garbage.

It's Reynn time!

She looks like on of them there kemono gals.

one of those is an extreme, the other is status quo.

I want to fuck it

It's made by Square so it will have denuvo.

Still no mentions of it unlike Star Ocean V

Did 15 have Denuvo?

15 isn't out on PC till 2018

Christ.

What isn't?

I actually like the super deformed.
I refuse to say "Chibi".

Thanks but no thanks

Too bad the MCs of the other games also use it, they look jarring as hell. It's an achievement to make Teedus worse

XIII

I'm playing it on my Vita. I think it's pretty good as a portable game. I wouldn't play it on a Playstation 4 or PC though…. Also Penguin grill is best grill.

Oh yeah i forgot to add you can hold down the R trigger and speed every up while in combat which is super nice. you can even fast forward cut scenes kinda like persona4golden by also holding down the trigger.

you change change combat speed to 1-5 and can have full turn based combat or ATB combat, or a semi-ATB which I have no idea bug honestly you want to be using the trigger to speed up combat plus having combat speed to 5 and leaving it on true turn based mode.

The game is pretty much a cake walk… even if you go ATB… like i just got past crystal tower and yep… pretty easy… again as a portable game its good but i wouldn't play this any other way.

The chibi stuff looks good. Tetsuya Nomura is the Kingdom Hearts artist who designed the ugly "Realistic" shit. It would have been better if the whole game was consistently Chibi. Chibi Teedus is actually likeable unlike his original counterpart in that trash game FF10. FF10 would objectively be the worst FF game if not for XIIII existing.

I've heard it's not all that challenging, but it's cute and loaded with fairly decent fanservice in terms of references and call backs.

Best girl in mediocre game

nigger lover

I fadt fowarded about 70% of text and cut scenes
its not a game that has much worth reading outside a select few scenes
gameplay wise its simple but more a final fantasy than 15 was thats for sure

No idea what price steam is selling it for but I say once its on sale grab it as a game for backlogging when you want something that requires low mental energy to play
Its a time waste game to play between shit you actually want to play

Its an old school Final Fantasy that oddly makes a game wide joke about the two art styles the series has.
It fucking legit and better than XV by a wide margin.

YOU STUPID FUCKING COCKSUCKERS! GIVE XENOGEARS BACK TO MONOLITH SOFT AND MAKE THEM DO EPISODE VI YOU CUNTS!