Why are western devs so shit at "remastering" games? The japs do it so much better. Pic related. It's gaylo...

Why are western devs so shit at "remastering" games? The japs do it so much better. Pic related. It's gaylo, but it's a damn good example. Soundtrack is blatantly inferior, gun sounds are worse, original gaylo aesthetic = gone.

western games are trash in general

Not when they
LOSE THE FUCKING SOURCE CODE

isn't that some sorta tradition where they trash the stuff when they finish the project? I remember something similar happening to kingdom hearts.

Is this shit? I've only played the originals.

WE
FUCKING
"LOST"
IT

Yeah paranoid gooks used to not want their code stolen, so they trashed it all. Im sure the practice is now dead since they can rehash everything 10 years later.

Some of them are pretty bad.

You are a waste of trips. Everyone knows that the Silent Hill HD Collection is an atrocity built off of unfinished Alpha code because the final code was lost.

What was wrong with Sword of Mana (unless you're talking about Adventures of Mana)?

Fucking sega. They kept the source code for fucking Sonic the Fighters but not for Fighters Megamix.

What you like about it is probably what I dislike about it, it's an awful fucking remake.

What did you dislike about it? I thought it was OK but didn't really like it.

Just play the original, it's a cheery little game. The dumbfuck Mana creator forced worthless drama and cutscenes into the remake with badly compressed music.

What remasters have the Japanese made themselves? Even the Japanese games are usually remastered by some western teams.

It's hard to fuck up a remaster when the original is garbage.

This. Weeagoons need to get the fuck out of vidya :^)

343 Industries is named after the AI that wanted to activate halo, which destroys all life in the galaxy or whatever.

What did you expect? A loving recreation by people who understood how the original worked? What are you, gay?

There's the dragon's crown remaster. Yakuza kiwami 1 and 2, though that might fall under remake rather than remaster.

I wasn't expecting it to be good as 343i made it. It's shit and that's why nobody plays it. H2A wasn't enough to make it good and removes the "nostalgic feel" and the multiplayer barely feels like the original. The whole MCC is just a cashgrab.

Bluepoint are western.

Aesthetics aside, did they ever fix the long list of bugs?

I remember that, my nigga.

Yes, and the patches created more bugs

If you play it, lets just say that you are gonna have a bad time.

dude just play the games on original hardware. it's cheap and represents the developers vision accurately.

Kill yourself

Follow OP you autistic minge

Here's another one.

Fuck off hardware autist. It doesn't represent the developer's vision accurately because the developer, assuming they're not a hack. Wants the best for a game. They want the best performance, visual fidelity and gameplay content. No dev sits in his office and says "480i is the best resolution for this game, fuck all who disagree"

it's so bad that a couple autists made a two hour long review pointing out just some of the things wrong with it

That's part 1 or 2, user, it's actually 2 hours

To be fair, that was done by 343, the most cancerous faggots out there.

They actually do because the question is "This is the maximum capabilities of the system, so what has to be done to make the game look the best it can with what we have?"

In general Japanese fans will have a stronger backlash if you fuck up.
Also most western devs don't really have a respect for the past, it would damage their ego to release a modernised version of an old game without altering it enough to take credit for the success.

This is wrong though. The remastered music in both CEA and H2A is fine, the gun sounds are better. H2A's aehsetics are extremely faithful, the only point where you are even arguably right is CEA's redone graphics having a different aeshetic, but even then i'd argue that's only the case for a single level where the atmosphere isn't preserved, other then that CEA actually matches CE's original concept art in most regards better then the original game did

Plus, in the event you are an autistic faggot and don't like a certain part of it, you can just switch to the old graphics while still having the benefit of a higher resolution, and for CEA you can mix and match the new or old music/sound with the new/old graphics

t. somebdy who actually likes the Halo games

It wasn't, the CE/2 remakes were both done by Saber interactive, 343i only handled the networking and menus for MCC

Wasn't Bionic Commando Re-amred the same western devs who made the reboot?

(((WESTERN))) games are literally dogshit.

Wow, i've seen the second game, bits of the third, but not the remake. My god, i give no shits about the series or the type of horror it's going for and i'm pissed at these American twats! While it's not my cup of tea, i also understand that playing the games is like going down a rabbit hole, but those fucks obviously don't understand this. Are these the fucks are made the more recent game minus shattered memories?

that's why he said