The FPS genre is dead. It hasn't meaningfully evolved in over a decade other than graphics...

The FPS genre is dead. It hasn't meaningfully evolved in over a decade other than graphics. First person shooter games are a bit like Jugglers – if you've seen one, you've seen them all.

ALL FPS GAMES ARE EXACTLY THE SAME

Why don't you agree?

The fighting genre is dead. It hasn't meaningfully evolved in over a decade other than graphics. One on one Fighter games are a bit like Jugglers – if you've seen one, you've seen them all.
ALL FIGHTER GAMES ARE EXACTLY THE SAME
Why don't you agree?

this right here too bad nobody plays it and it'll never fucking be finished because they just use it for a test-bed for Unreal.

Because that's like saying every RTS is the identic due to the same control scheme.
The only reason your view of FPS has stagnated is probably because you're judging the kind of FPS that is getting launched recently, being that they're all tasteless CoD clones.

The RPG genre is dead. It hasn't meaningfully evolved in over a decade other than graphics. Role-Playing Games are a bit like Jugglers – if you've seen one, you've seen them all.

ALL RPGS ARE EXACTLY THE SAME

Why don't you agree?

The prog rock genre is dead. It hasn't meaningfully evolved in over a decade other than instrumentation. Prog rock bands are a bit like Jugglers – if you've seen one, you've seen them all.

ALL PROG ROCK IS EXACTLY THE SAME

Why don't you agree?

The white genre is dead. It hasn't meaningfully evolved in over a decade other than graphics. Whites are a bit like Jugglers – if you've seen one, you've seen them all.

ALL WHITES ARE EXACTLY THE SAME

Why don't you agree?

In the west. Because it's western gaming that's dead.

RTS evolved into MOBAs. They even kept the attack-move shit

Fix'd

Well one the supposed bigger fps titles this year is a propaganda piece so yeah.

It has changed, just not for the better

breasts make me feel existential

I need help

Breasts are good, change that sorrow into joy

You know what isn't dead? These digits. Check 'em!

I try to stay positive. A "robust opportunity for mechanical improvement" sounds much better

It hasn't evolved in terms of graphics either.

It is a common misconception, that change implies life. "Western gaming surely can't be dead, because it's still evolving."

But decomposition is a very active process, with many partecipants and wildly radical changes.

I'm saging because I'm assuming this is a one and done but in case you are serious what is your definition of "meaningful evolution"?

Maybe that's because you play nothing but shit games?

And you were so close!

gives me conniptions

The platforming genre is dead. It hasn't meaningfully evolved in over a decade other than graphics. Jump and Collect Item games are a bit like card magicians – if you've seen one, you've seen them all.

ALL PLATFORMING GAMES ARE EXACTLY THE SAME

Why don't you agree?

The RPG genre is dead. It hasn't meaningfully evolved in over a 3 decades other than graphics. Role playing games are a bit like Jugglers – if you've seen one, you've seen them all.

ALL RPG GAMES ARE EXACTLY THE SAME

Why don't you agree?

The TPS genre is dead. It hasn't meaningfully evolved in over a decade other than graphics. Third person shooter games are a bit like Jugglers – if you've seen one, you've seen them all.

ALL TPS GAMES ARE EXACTLY THE SAME

Why don't you agree?

The MMO genre is dead. It hasn't meaningfully evolved in over a decade other than graphics. Massively multiplayer online games are a bit like Jugglers – if you've seen one, you've seen them all.

ALL MMO GAMES ARE EXACTLY THE SAME

Why don't you agree?

The MMO genre is dead. It hasn't meaningfully evolved in over a decade other than graphics. Massively multiplayer online games are a bit like Jugglers – if you've seen one, you've seen them all.

ALL MMO GAMES ARE EXACTLY THE SAME

Why don't you agree?

The RPG genre is dead. It hasn't meaningfully evolved in over a decade other than graphics. Role playing games are a bit like Jugglers – if you've seen one, you've seen them all.

ALL RPG GAMES ARE EXACTLY THE SAME

Why don't you agree?

Even if it does get completed, I can imagine devs further ruining it in future updates

The rest of the changes are questionable, but I dont understand the link gun overheat. It is so short and it takes so long to overheat, and when it does you miss maybe 2 or 3 shots. It has nearly no impact in the game

The new flag run is fun though

Literally kindergarten logic. Are you gonna tell us that oranges can't be sweeter than lemons, because coffee isn't?

They're demonstrating that because OP doesn't provide a clear example of what could be considered "meaningful evolution", his overall statement is completely devoid of meaning and can be applied to almost any moderately stagnant genre.

Splatoon is a TPS, by the way.

the RPG example is retarded since RPGs have changed massively over the last decade, even more so if you go back 20 years

remember when pc fats were using this as a killer exclusive that will totally kill le consoles

anyway now that we have a thread full of fps manchildren sperging out, it is true that the genre has done nothing of merit and doesn't desperately need saving, but retirement. too many limitations no one made any attempt to overcome.

/thread Why isn't this shit thread being saged?

In this case it's true.

Holla Forums is dead. It hasn't meaningfully evolved in over a decade other than shitposts. Holla Forums a bit like Jugglers – if you've seen one, you've seen them all.

ALL POSTS ARE EXACTLY THE SAME

Why don't you agree?

These are frankly both true.

Not exactly the same but all similar enough to be in the same genre. If I pick up an FPS game I expect cetrain things at least. It's good to play around within the confines of the genre but if you go too far out you just alienate people who wanted y game to just be x game + 1

first person shooters are shit

gr8 grapohics