Playing new game +

Are there any games that do new game plus well? I'm talking about new content and previously unaccessible areas

Chrono Trigger lets you keep your levels and gear as well as fight the last boss earlier. Where you defeat him affects the ending

Nier

Vagrant Story has several large dungeons only accessible in ng+.

OP said games not shit.

BOF: Dragon Quarter
Sol system or something or other I still don't understand.

What I hate about games and ng+ is when you have to complete it more than once to unlock the true ending.
WTF

That's my screenshot, ask before you use it next time, nigger.

Opinion disregarded

I guess you are okay with shit gameplay as long as it has nice cutscenes

Resident Evil 4.
I think most resident evil games do NG+ well anyways.

No.

Doing NG+ right means mixing things up like enemy placement and their abilities/strengths/weaknesses.

But it wasn't shit you retard, the gameplay was at the very least mediocre but it was backed by good bosses, a great story and a phenomenal soundtrack.

If you want to play a shit game to get to that gameplay element, sure.

everytime

It was very much shit like the newer games in the series. You're just a weeaboo who likes nip games because they're made in nipponland. Go ahead and post your smug anime girl

Goon spotted

I know right

found your problem

Nier
Sacred 2
Castlevania AOS

Oh and Sacred 1 too.

You should probably end yourself.

All the Ratchet & Clank games except for arguably the first have so much extra content available on the second playthrough that the first comes off feeling like practice mode. Your weapons upgrade so much further and gain so many new abilities, and unlocking the bolt multiplier really changes the way you play, making for a much deeper experience.

Dropped.

wasnt it really bad that it was only saved for the story and music? it was the same for all the games except the last one where they actually contracted devs that knew how to make games.

Enjoy watching the same unskippable cutscenes (which make up roughly 66.67% of the entire game) and killing enemies in one hit with your NG+ equipment.

Oh man. I think I was the only person in my entire area that has ever played those games. I remember getting Deadlocked when it first came out and getting excited seeing all of the cool shit that you could do and all of the amazing weapons you could get. The fact that they ramped weapon leveling up to LEVEL 99 and made the game more of an arena shooter was something that kept me going with the game for so long. I liked Up Your Arsenal for having some great weapons, but the sheer power you could get in Deadlocked was amazing. too bad I was the only person I knew that could share experiences and talk about amazing shit that happened in the game with

I fucking forgot to take the flag off. Off me, please.

Does your mom sneak your ritalin into your chicken tendies or something?

The NG+ I tend to enjoy the most is just the one that allows me to have a longer period of time to play around with the end-game equipment that I had at the the end of the first playthrough. New content is just a sweet bonus.

What ideas would you have for NG+ to make it more creative?

I have this idea where a game has a basic enough hero defeats the villain plot. It includes NG+ and scales HP and damage up each time. However, there are some NPCs that are aware of the cycle and mention doing this before and by performing a few specific events you can unlock an alternate ending that extends the plot. Maybe this lasts for 2-4 cycles where the hero and villain ultimately team up to defeat the true villain.

There will be some cycle locking, like you can't get the true ending on the first time through with a walk-through, you have to play through the game a couple time to unlock it.

Try playing more than one game.

Deadlocked having such insane numbers of levels felt neat, but each level failed to mean as much, and it wasn't actually hard to max out all your guns. Going Commando, on the other hand, while having the lowest upgrade levels of all the sequels, was the hardest to actually max out and complete everything. And honestly there haven't been many good original weapons in the series since then. The latest game even finally admits that every game recycles weapon types, and organizes them into categories.

Plus, the feeling of beating GC for the first time and being told I unlocked all these new things, including a much better NG+ than was in the first game, with the bolt multiplier, and first person mode, and upgrading weapons, felt really cool. But I guess it's not fair to blame the later games for not being able to innovate as much.

I also don't know if this counts, but Sonic Adventure 2 also doesn't really get started until you beat the Story Mode. That mode gets you acquainted with the controls and levels, but then you realize the Level Select mode has five missions on each level, and each mission is individually Ranked, and there are unlockables for getting certain groups of missions and Ranks. I feel like a lot of people who shit on this game don't get that the real meat of the game is after the story mode, and thus miss out on how detailed the level design really is.

Way of the Samurai 4

Ace Combat had new objectives, enemies, and unlocks with higher difficulties, making it impossible to unlock everything in a single playthrough. The higher difficulties were also locked behind completing the game on a lower difficulty. To this day I haven't seen a game that was designed for multiple playthrough in order to truly complete it, piggybacking off the last playthroughs.

Dark Souls 2 NG+ adds new enemy types, changes bossfights, and most importantly Changes certain normally safe chests into mimics

Here's your reaction image.

The Jumping Flash! games have NG+ modes that have new stories that continue on from where the regular mode left off. You're no more powerful in these modes, they're just harder. But once you beat them, you unlock a mode that lets you do a sextuple jump instead of your usual triple jump. But this is back on the regular mode's easier levels, and once you beat that, there's a fourth mode that gives you six jumps but in the harder levels.

They're short games, and jumping six times in the air pretty much lets you beat every level in 30 seconds, but it feels cool as fuck regardless. Criminally underrated games.

DS2 is trash tho

ur trash

Are the ones on PS3 any good?

I want greggheads to leave

Some people talk shit about them but I'd say the ones that are actually main entries, Tools of Destruction and A Crack in Time, are among the best in the series, up there with the first two. The rest are all either spinoffs that mix other genres while trying to still play mostly like the main games (All 4 One is multiplayer, Full Frontal Assault is tower defense), or they're budget titles that were never sold at full price because they were never meant to be as long or deep as a regular game (Quest for Booty, Into the Nexus, and Full Frontal Assault was also sold like this). However, of these, Full Frontal Assault comes with downloads for the Vita version and Deadlocked HD for free, which is pretty cool considering it was originally sold for like $20 and is now probably cheaper. And Into the Nexus is actually very long for a budget title, especially considering its NG+ mode is as good as the main games, and is nearly as deep and long as the main games. Its also the final entry before the reboot and it's worth it for the last level, which is a nice love letter to the series. Not as good as the main games but close.

tl;dr: Yes they're good. But there are only two that are regular Ratchet games, the rest are all budget games or spinoffs.

Kamidori Alchemy Meister has new characters show up and H scenes to unlock.

Is dragon dogma's new game+ worth playing through? I have a NG+ save but haven't even journeyed out of the starting village.

Kirby on gameboy has new enemies and the bosses get new attacks. In dark souls 2 there are a few new things like running into the giant spider before the actual boss fight.

Modern Tales of games usually do it excellently. They always provide new ways to play through the game.

Chrono Trigger's conception of New Game+, on the other hand, is shit. There's no way to properly de-power yourself, so the whole thing a big joke and pointless.

No one has forgotten this masterpiece have they?

Going from Normal to Hard to Very Hard to Master Ninja was an experience I've yet to encounter elsewhere. Each difficulty shuffled around item/equipment locations and added new enemy types and new bosses while also slightly tweaking the attack patterns of existing bosses to make them harder. I think the difference between Normal and Master ninja was something pretty high like 7 new boss fights and several new enemy types

Deadlocked was ultra cool man. I played that game like a billion times, both in co-op and in singleplayer.
My one complaint with the game is the lack of difficulty to be honest.

The story wasn't as good as the previous games, but the cameo by Dr. Nefarious at the end makes up for it.

Meant gameplay wise.
Though I guess the story is kinda weak if all I remember are the two announcers.

Deadlocked is basically a shooter spinoff that seemed like Insomniac practicing and testing the waters for Resistance. I wouldn't call it a main series game, and I think they purposely made the story more distant from the rest of the series due to that. It's still very good for what it is though. Not the best Ratchet game, but a very good game on its own.

size matters on the other hand

A handheld spinoff that does a good job at feeling just like Ratchet, only shorter and scaled down? Pretty good for an early PSP game. Secret Agent Clank does put it to shame though.

I played it on the ps2 because I thought it was a main game.

Holy shit I have a reason to play ds2 again. Thanks.

What i don't understand is why devs are consistent with keeping the fun gameplay and abilities locked away at the end where you barely have time to do anything with it.

Monster Girl Quest NG rewrites the story due to your character being OP and knowing everything.
it's a mod

Strange way to spell shit

kys

Goon d e t e c t e d

Too bad there's basically no motivation to play NG+ thanks to the bonfire ascetic mechanics

I don't think that counts.

Beating the game unlocks "blademaster mode" which triples all damage in the game. Combined with what is essentially a ps2 version of the Zandatsu from Revengeance and tearing through hordes of mecha ninja is pretty swell.

The dub is utter shit, though. Like, duude I'm a sam-you-ray.

Vagrant Story does it pretty well.

Off the top of my head:
all allow you to keep your weapons/upgrades in addition to changing around enemy placements and changing their behaviours (e.g. Bayo 1's highest difficulty makes all enemies immune to Witch Time, DMC3's higher difficulties allow enemies to use devil trigger, DMC4's higher difficulties let enemies & bosses use different attacks, etc).

What this user says. Even thought it's a mod. It basically continues the story after the main game ends, but instead of the final boss dying after your final attack, the main character wakes up at the beginning of the game with all of his op power and has to try to find a way to reverse his situation.