Played every metal gear game from the first to even Peace Walker all in the span of 2 months

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED? Even Peace Walker was better and it was a PSP game.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/r/NeverBeGameOver/NbIbL
twitter.com/AnonBabble

On this same topic, what do normalfags see with open world games? Why does it matter if a map has an area of 100 miles if it is all just open space? It's just boring padding having to travel from one end of the map to the other. Why not a smaller map with a bunch of detail? Zelda, MGS, Witcher, Batman, ect all became shit once they switched to being Open world.

Jews.
It was supposed to be Metal Gear Solid 5…
…but Konami didn’t want a numbered version on a handheld.

Same thing happen to me when I saw and got the MGS trilogy on PS2 on day, MGS4 had already been out for years by this point but i never played any of them until that day.
When you go though everything and then have a bare shirtless brawl with Liquid, you just know these games are something else.

One good thing about Metal Gear IMO is while they leave room for a future sequel with the end of the credits lines, You can basically just stop at any time and be content with how each game ends. You play more of the series because you want to play more, not because you feel like they left a critical peace of the story out to force you to buy the next game to see the end.
I love MGR because it basically has absolutely nothing to do with the rest of the series, but it's still has that Metal Gear touch. I actually sometimes forget a little bit that MGR is even a Metal Gear game.

Oh, I forgot. One (1) meh boss fight that doesn't compare to even to most of the worse boss fights in the series.

I actually felt that the tone and style of MGR felt more metal gear than V did. The final boss and philosophy felt very metal gear and it had good boss fights with every character being memorable. I am sad that we wont ever get a sequel since it sold so well.

Horrible and not a boss fight. Throwing a bunch of enemies at you is not a boss fight.

They are special soldiers that are stronger than the rest, and you only see a few times and you have to fight them. How are they not bosses?

Special solders do not make a boss fight, especially when you see and fight those enemies multiple times. No individual soldier is special. Even if we do consider it a boss fight then that makes it a really bad one.

You only fight the sniper skulls once, and you only fight the shield ones twice I think. Also what about quiet?

Quiet is barely a boss battle. You take her town so easily with any strategy, even on the 'hard' version.

Peace Walker was my first metal gear title and I quite enjoyed it multiple times through. Way better than 5 at any rate. I especially liked how some of the story was told through hand drawn panels; I am unsure if any other mg game did that but if so which ones?
I've played Peace Walker into the ground and now 5, about halfway through??? Beat skullface and sahelanthropus; that one mission getting into his fortress was one of the good ones. I used a sandstorm to close as much distance as I could, it was great. Even used some C4 to draw get them away from their posts.

5 is pretty lolzy, I remember doing that one assasination mission in africa (drug lord) by dropping a truck on top of the helicopter he arrived on, as it was landing.
I still find the "story" with muh vocal parasites bullshit and muh evil white english speaking people to be insulting jewish tripe, but I ignored most of it.

That's what I meant by "still has the Metal Gear touch" but it also feel really removed from the rest of the series (which was intentional i'm sure), since the is no Snake and Raiden is practically a completely new character then he was before.
MGS2 Raiden was someone with girlfriend baggage who was tricked and forced into becoming like Snake and thought the was fighting for the good guys.
MGS4 Raiden thought of himself as a monster, who abandoned any hopes of being a normal person.
MGR Raiden turned into a action movie badass and just doesn't give a fuck half the time until things effect him on a personal level then he gives into being a psychopath for a little while.

It's actually neat to see Raiden change so much, since none of it really seems out of place, it's just him at different stages of his life going though different shit.

Because YOU CAN DO ANYTHING. IF YOU WANT TO YOU DON'T EVEN NEED TO FOLLOW THE MAIN STORY JUST MESS AROUND WITH RANDOM SHIT LOL IT'S SO FUNNY XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD YOU FUCKING NIGGER

It was always a pretentious, horseshit franchise.

The games were never good.

Jews are white.

You realise It's part of the series and is considered really good, right?

user this is a series were you can punch a woman and then get into a cardborad box and a dog will piss on the box. and then wolfs won't attack anymore when your in the box.
If that's not worth anything in your eyes then I don't know what else to say.

Go back to reddit if you think that level of shilling will work on anyone.

pretty weak b8 tbh fam

I legit only realized that they were the 'bosses' after I got to Metal Gear.

How's PW?
I have been putting it off for a while because the handheld graphics really put me off. MGS's PS1 graphics have a charm to it, but there's just something inherently disgusting about "realistic" PSP graphics.
Also, 3>>>1>>2>=4.

What would you say is the worst bossfight in the series outside of 5?

The only good Metal Gear games are MGS 1, 2, 3, and Revengeance

It's fine on the PSP but if the graphics throw you off, play the PS3 version.

PS3 emulator where, then?

PS3 emulators aren't that good yet. You could just play Peace Walker on PPSSPP with upscaled graphics and it'll be pretty much the same.

see

Even games where you cannot actually do anything (don't you just love how Ass Creed or Wildlands tells you that you have an innocents killed ALLOWANCE?) give casuals, who already have a bad habit of never finishing games, infinite ability to simply avoid actually having to not challenge themselves in the shitty missions.
It really is just there to let casuals fuck off in.

You say that like the framerate isn't awful.

Metal gear is a meme series

Bet you would defend Devil May Cry 4 too for all wacky shit that transpires there. Besides, kids are not allowed to post here on Holla Forums.
>then he was before

6/10, got a good rise out of me

Whites came from Europe, not the middle east.

sure they are, schlomo shekelstein.

"Boss" implies you dodge and attack something or solve a puzzle or hit a big glowing weak point or… Something other than just raw combat that you could easily get by buffing other enemies in the game and getting a teleport option.

The main mech of the game can be beaten by upgrading your chopper, summoning it and running away.

I'm sorry, user, this game's "bosses" are the single weakest of the entire franchise.

Just learn to roll on the ground, the entire game breaks the moment you realize all the tools aren't necessary when you can just roll the game flat out breaks.

(((Konami))) happened.

HAVE YOU NEVER PLAYED SKYRIM OMG SKYIM IS BEST GAME 10/10 EVERYONE LOVES SKIMY! MY FAVORITE YOUTUBER HAS A SKYRIM LET'SPLAY BUT IT'S MODDED SO HE HAS FUNNY STUFF IN THERE TOO XDXDXD! I WATCHED A YOUTUBER MOD SKRYM AND NOW I CAN TOO THROUGH CREATON CLUB #I'MWITHHER
normalfags are as normalfags do.

That IS a top tier glitch that hasn't been fixed yet. It's kind of like fast travel in oblivion and SKRYIM though, it's only a problem if you let it be a problem. Because you can always, y'know, not do it?
I'm assuming you're referring to the glitch where, if you roll at just the right time, the enemy won't detect you properly

They're a joke, I killed those faggots with that shitty grenade launcher that's the first you can develop.

I actually enjoyed MGSV. Both the story and the gameplay.

>>>/reddit/

EVERY
TIME

I'm not, in the least.
I'm on another computer now and I'm referring to how the game's rolling is literally faster than the default walk, is silent and has a range of about 20m given no major factors for not being seen.
Vid completely related, most of the game can be easily completed by crawling because it's too fast, quiet and invisible in a game with massive, low-guarded areas.
Contrast to literally any other MGS (including Ground Zeroes, which was much tighter guarded overall and had a hard mode where the visibility was much higher when prone) and you'll notice that, yeah, rolling is absolutely proper fucked in MGS V.
MGS 4 is somehow STILL the most mechanically apt for stealth in the entire series, it just has the misfortune of having only half the game use it well while octocamo fucks things too hard in your favor.

MGSV was meant to be a direct sequel to Peace Walker, hence all the base buildan and Fulton action.. but it kept bloating out of control and meddling from Konami forced Kojimbo to make it a different game than what he intended.

it was ok I guess, open world kinda fucked with levels but the FOB bunkers were kinda fun and going for no traces was a nice challenge.

You can spend five hundred hours in one of those maps. Sure, you won't do anything actually fun, but hey, since when were video games meant to be fun, goyim?
Besides, a zoomout of a huge world always looks "epic" for the trailer. Easy way to sell your shit.

It's not a glitch, it's an intended mechanic that they won't spot you from further than 20 meters.

10m if hit the use key and "lay low".

This is consistent among all camo, no less, so sorry if you were expecting the different patters to actually tie into a camo system of some kind.

STALKER shows that it allows a lot emergent gameplay, if you want to make a game which instead of being an obstacle course for the player to go through, is a system which should create problems on its own for the player to solve, then an open world gives you a lot more freedom for whatever system you implement to flourish.

>>>/reddit/

Raiden had a hard life

At least thanks to him we all got introduced to

RULES OF NATURE!

But Sam can kill a Ray far faster.

I played it on the PSN free month, and it definitely didn't hook me. One of Metal Gear's biggest strengths is feeling like you're on a mission, with guided, paced and choreographed "stealth zones" that you can progress through your own way. I never even much liked the tranq pistol, since I felt it tended to discourage smart movement and instead just good aim in a lot of cases. Sneaking about, peeking round corners, finding and using items, and reaching towards each scenarios climax was the high point of the franchise.

I got my first A rank by driving behind a bases defenses and using D-Walker's minigun and killing everything. I spent half my playtime riding around bases and extracting enough people until my R&D team finally figured out how to put a silencer on my sniper rifle. I never felt like I was discovering anything or learning anything, the missions had absolutely no pacing or sense of fulfillment and I never felt like the game was actually expanding anywhere. At least Peace Walker had much more focused missions attached to its grind. In this I felt like the game was supposed to be some crazy microtransaction-fest, but they just forget to monetize anything so it was just grind and MB tokens that they tend to give you for free anyway.

Don't know where else to ask this question but what the fuck was with that part in Metal Gear Solid 3 where after killing The Boss the scar on her chest turns into a snake and slithers away. That part came out of nowhere and I can't find any explanation for it in the game.

I knew exactly what I was getting, so I wasn't as butthurt over it like a lot of anons were. 4 was trash, so I knew that 5 wasn't going to be anything special either.

It's a metaphor for her pain.
The scar was a result of giving birth via caesarean section on the battlefield. The Boss likened her remaining sense of pain to that of a snake slithering across her body.
The scar slithers away signifying her freedom from the pain and conflict she feels throughout the game.

now that i look back on it, made my penis hard

funny joek

You could argue that it never actually happened. Just there for the player to see and perhaps make him think what it meant.

Did the fucker not know where the womb is?

It sucks but it had potential. The core gameplay is actually really fun, there's just no content. The movement feels great. The combat works. The regen is horseshit and lame and I would have preferred rations, but it's the only negative of the core gameplay.
Peace Walker built a living, breathing Mother Base without ever showing it, and MGSV had a lifeless one brought to life. We should have had regulars and companions walking around. There should have been people to talk to, things to investigate, and side-stories to explore.

The real tragedy is that the framework was all there. The proof-of-concept existed. The Paz segments were great… we just needed 20-30 more for different characters. Maybe make some of them only appear under specific conditions. Make losing major characters, or not encountering them, more common. When you have more content, you can do that. 50 main missions? We should have gotten 100; 33 per chapters, give or take, and a final hidden boss. With a coherent story. Open world? Ground Zeroes was great. It had more patrols, it had a detailed daily routine for soldiers. It had supply sheds.

Everything existed. And in the right quantities, it would have worked. It really does feel like they got the engine running, built an amazing proof-of-concept/"gameplay slice", and then everything else was left unfinished.

I'm genuinely curious what happened. Maybe Kojima got fired early, and the last year saw no gameplay or story additions. Maybe he wanted three more years to finish it, and was aiming for a 2017 release at the earliest? I could see them adding a metric ton of content in three years given how mature their tools were. They spent a ton of time getting a great engine and good gameplay up and running and zero time on content and it shows.

Because they expect just as much content, and don't seem to realize that there can only be so much. You can make a much more convincing, fun world by cleverly disguising how small it actually is than you can by adding dozens of miles of computer-generated terrain. Look at Arkham Asylum versus the later open world games: it feels pretty open. Some segments are closed until you unlock them, but that's a good game progression. By the end, you have a whole island to explore! With a lot of freedom! Normalfags are retarded and easily taken in by spectacle.

Well it's defiantly It's up to interpretation, weird shit happens in Metal Gear all the time, like how Raven got eaten by crows and then uses his ghost powers to place dolls of himself in funny places to fuck with Snake.

It was a big baby

Are you for real?
Cmon now

Also the actual areas in the game are great, it's the parts that connect them that are empty. You're supposed to use the Cardboard box delivery system to quick travel.

For her womb

Consoles and Konami happened user. We have screencaps of an alledged Kojima Productions developer who explained what really happened during the game's development.

Long story short, Konami wanted the game released on PS3 and Xbbox 360. The devs and Kojima himself told them repeatedly that releasing this game on the old consoles would mean a shitload of content and visuals to be either downgraded or completely removed. But Konami wanted maximum sales so they didn't change their decision. Then there were more conflicts between the CEOs and Kojima that led to even more fuck ups.
Source:imgur.com/r/NeverBeGameOver/NbIbL

Also just realized that also posted a smaller screencap of the dev. For the full thing, go the link I provided above

Finally some balls on this board

Anons have been shitting on this game since the game's release. Are you perhaps - dare I say, a cuckchanner?

You little fucker.

No I usually just see anons like this>>13693210 and defending the games clustered state. The webms thread still celebrate the games mediocrity and the memes are still a plenty.
There are even those hyped for Survive

Peace Wakler was the best game in the series, despite being a PSP game.

Mgs5 doesnt even feel like half the game that peacecwalker was.

Please, please don't remind me those humans exist.

You just described stealth games in general and how they're more fun when the player doesn't have projectile instant-ko/kill weaponry.

This would actually be great in a thief-esque game where you just steal things and get rich.

post yfw this will never happen.