When did you last feel true satisfaction at the end of a game?

When did you last feel true satisfaction at the end of a game?

In a world where gaming -the west in particular- has fallen to the cinematic lockbox vector meme moments of true satisfaction are few and far between, so when was the last time you attained [E U P H O R I C] satisfaction?

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=a0fkNdPiIL4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I wouldn't know. I haven't had the will or desire to finish a game since the start of this decade.

Bloodborne was a good game and glaf I got a ps4 for it

As for the question?
I felt quite good finishing TWEWY a couple months back
that is also a good game

2002 when I beat the Doomsday boss is Sonic & Knuckles

The last one is probably Y0. Game's fucking brilliant.

You just need to find something that suits your autistic tastes. For me it was victorian werewolf horror that slowly reveals its lovecraftian horror only its actually using the themes rather than just the meme imagery like a cthulu funko pop or something.

Vanquish.

Gooks literally invented P2W, you fucking weebfaggot.

End of YoRHa

Resi7 in VR on Madhouse (as a first, blind playthrough). Maybe not the actual end of the game, but a boss fight: Marguerite.

Oh fug, I forgot about that. I take it back, Near a Tomato was the last satisfying ending I played. Even if the actual story of the ending made no sense.

Then why are they making good single player games and the west isn't?

Unless you want to tell us how good Mass Effect and Horizon is.

Confirmation bias.

machines needed a challenge to keep evolving so they made yohra to inspire androids from project gestalt to keep fighting. this lead to the machine hive mind splintering as it grew more complex and different ideas lead to conflict. Everyone misunderstood each other and wiped nearly everything out till they finally got that life is only worth living if you have something worth fighting for.

yohra were replicants, machines were shades, 9s was Nier and Emil HAD ALL THESE GREAT DEALS!

Finishing an Aria run in Crypt of the Necrodancer.

I get that. I mean the actual, physical events. 9S travelling with machines to another world in (I think) Ending D? The real ending is apparently everything "starting over," with only a small chance of things being different–who's starting it over, and why? The pods? That's what it looks like.
It doesn't make sense. Are they also going to undo the crater in the middle of the city?
And if humans are dead, why does the tower being a cannon pointed at the Moon matter at all?
I loved the story and ending for the emotional beats they hit, but the actual events seem to follow some kind of fuzzy dream logic.

aa.wad

It's been my favorite thing to ACE in forever. Just enough story for some motivation and just enough game. A few years ago it probably would have been a browser game for how lean it is but it is well tailored.

Like clockwork

I really wish Cuphead wasn't so boring. I had a better time with The Mummy.

Has anyon played Hob? That's next on my list. The Torchlight games were pretty bland, I wonder if they made something interesting finally.

I dunno about that one. The level-design really takes a dive in the final levels.

I wish they handled iframes better. There's a lot of issues with the game, could have been quite a bit better, but it's like a 6 or 7/10. I don't know why people so concerned about the competition between japanese and western games always bring up the same handful of game as if they prove a point in their favor.

Japan is just flat out better, and it's important to learn and get the industry to improve.

It's true. There are plenty of western games I love, but for every good western game there are like fifty good japanese games. You can't deny that.

A few days ago with Earth Defense Force 4.1

We only want gaming to be more inclusive, right fellow gamergater?

It's evening out a bit. Nobody talks about House of the Dying Sun and it's absolutely the best space fighter game completed in years.

What makes this game so amazing, as someone who has such a high opinion of it?

Most platinum games give me that feeling, but as for the top, the highest crown, the true champion belt?

F-zero GX: conquering Story mode on Very Hard.

I could probably make a thread about the game but nobody would be there. It's just so tightly put together, and there's a big difficulty spike if you decide to take on flagships. It's the hottest thing for me in forever. I haven't felt that level of satisfaction since Freespace, and it's a much bigger party.

hooktube.com/watch?v=a0fkNdPiIL4

don't listen to that user, the people who enjoy Earth Defense Force are the same type of people who enjoy Dynasty Warriors and other lifeless beat-em-ups

What I'm saying is that there's not a whole lot of depth in it and it's just the same shit every time

Its a SOMA scenario. They can start again because the bodies can all be destroyed but the backup server for everything is the same. Yorha Black Boxes are machine cores they altered after finding the files for project gestalt and getting the idea.
As for the tower there is stuff on the moon thats strongly intimated to be the tree from Nier that served as the memory archive for humans to stop the degradation of gestalts into shades. Machines use it to keep Yorha troops inspired which gives them the wall to throw themselves at to spur evolution but the machines that split off from the hivemind threaten to destroy it because that means destroying their opponents only means of change and growth which in the story is worse than death. The threat isn't 'killing humans on the moon' the threat is 'we keep evolving but you become rusty drones playing human in these ruins forever if you cant stop us'. Which of course is the whole 'but thats the same shit and you are too blind to see it' cycle of violence thing taro loves.

In emulating humans the machines didnt realise how human they became and just did the exact same mistake for different reasons.

All that really matters is that Devola and Popala are good girls that did nothing wrong and Emil is still gay for Nier.

Funny how it goes
If Japan was better EDF would have a bigger budget and FFXV wouldn't be a thing.

I was playing Yahtzee's metroidvania yesterday and that whole secret boss fight put one hell of a smile on my face. Not to mention the credits theme of the second ending. Those things alone made the game worth playing in my opinion.

Hob is alright. Performance is kinda bad but otherwise it's worth playing.
What I really want is a good recently released platformer/metroidvania. The mummy ended way too quickly and besides the clocktower I wouldn't really call it remarkable.

You just don't like fun if you don't like becoming a fantastic at absolutely any EDF.

I laugh at your shit taste and lack of skill.

g-gotta defend the little guys like EA who need those lockboxes to survive right fellow channer my duder? xD

I hate animu character designs, so yes, I can.

If you say so. All I know for sure is that 9S did nothing wrong.

I wondered if it wasn't optimized. The only thing I fear about The Mummy is Universal pushes every damn dumb monster movie on them.

BUT

If they can keep it up, with the other monsters, paying no attention to the movies mostly. Perhaps, they could keep it up.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting OP you cuckchan tier sack of shit.
Are you going to defend Koei and Bamcos DLCfests and the drama that goes in Doujin circles because they're barely known to English speaking people?
Are you going to defend human trash like Nasu next?
Instead of squiting so you can pretend you're Asian how about you open your fucking eyes?

It's the usual faggot that doesn't play video games. They will always be cucked, whatever thread, whatever game. Whatever hobby, even IRL. Seeing them screech IRL is something ponderous.

Stop posting that same ricespic. I will never take you seriously. You're bad at EDF, never played it and think it's mosou shit. You will forever be wrong and bad at things that don't require a win button.

Its like they just recycle Reddit memes.
EDF besides the huge amount of enemies is nothing like Musoushit.

You fucking retard rapefugee
>>>/cuckchan/

Is this just some eternal ricespic thing, where they hate everything Japanese because they are the mexicans of the Pacific? I think so. It's almost like I am well versed in the whole territory.

Bad shitpost or total retard, either way you arent going to make the western industry turning into AAA lockbox cancer magically vanish like a fucking mirage.

You're very bad at this.

Baddraw, you will never be goddraw.

Nice false equivalence there OP

What, hob? I have an old pc that runs every UE4 game like trash so maybe it's that, you can try and pirate it and see for yourself.

I don't think I know shit about the newest mummy movie. Infact I thought the game was an entirely alternate story, which explained why it took place in London, before looking up the movie and realized that didn't take place in Egypt either.

It's too easy with this faggot. Can smell them from a mile away. It's almost like they use the same only english words they have learned from imageboards.

I really hate illegals, but I especially hate anyone non-white that thinks they're American. Even if they spend a decade getting citizenship only for some dreamers to just shit across the boarder.

You're out of your league. And you probably don't even realize it.

Stop doubleposting.

Embarrassing.

Hey, if it wants to start Holla Forums shit. I'm right here. Certainly isn't going to wear it themselves.

No.

When you start something Holla Forums you will have to finish it from now on.

You want to crossboards and boarders. Here it is.

Come on, you started that fire.

Reported for shitting up thread.

What in the fuck are you talking about?

Oh god this is fucking gold.

You had nothing to offer to the thread, so good for you.

I hoped he might fuck off on his own.

I'm almost envious of your low standards.

This is now what I decide to post.

Framerate autists are the worst people on Earth, and I'd bet money that most of them got started on that path by sucking Totalasscancer's e-celeb dick.

Yes it is.

I only know about him from whenever he got shit on here. Is he dead yet?

remember the scale

Tripping out on way too much LSD in 1999, and somehow becoming God in Quake 3 Arena using the gauntlet only for a good 3-4hrs. Over 33.6 dial-up. Being called a cheater when it was really a chemical brain hack was probably the greatest night in my video gaming history.

Real men only play games at 120 fps. 60 is for babies.

What's a thuggery autist?

Yeah, that's definitely what I said.

You obviously wanted to break your silence. I wonder why.

Says the colossal faggot that has obviously and quite literally never played a game that requires frame-perfect timing; where moves are learned frame-by-frame.

Human brain can't see past chromatic aberration anyway.

Is the overuse of chromatic aberration dying? I haven't seen it as much lately as I used to.

First of all the brain doesn't see shit; it interprets delta changes in electrochemical signals it receives through the optic nerve.

Secondly there is a large variation in people's visual acuity; even between the sexes of the same race. Most of my friends that have played vidya extensively (we're in our 40s) can definitely see, process, and react to visual information up to and around 120Hz. You can test this (we used CRT monitors and wrote our own software).

people that treat fightan geemu like hip hop culture.

I hope all lens effects die. Unless someone makes an actual photography game where you'd want lens effects when using your in-game cameras.

No, seriously, what the fuck?

As long as AAA devs keep pushing for high fidelity visuals that can barely be rendered on consoles for normalfag Joe to be wowed and play on his 3 hour break from work its going to keep happening.

I ALMOST felt satisfied at the end of Mad Max. They played it all off really well, the whore and her child murdered by the villain, Max is Mad™, a nice final road battle with lots of driving and explosions and dust. Then you make the critical move at the very end, ramming your car and the hunchback mechanic into the villain's rig to push it over a cliff. The car is lost, the hunchback is dead, and you punch the bad guy one last time. Everything wrapped up really well. Max's new friends were all dead, Max got his old Interceptor back and drove off into the sunset. Credits roll.

THEN THEY JUST GO "GAME'S NOT OVER BLOKE ALL THOSE PEOPLE WHO DIED ARE BACK AND SO IS THE OLD CAR SO YOU CAN AIMLESSLY FINISH THE COLLECTATHON".

Totally fucking squandered an otherwise good ending by making everything that happened inconsequential.

So are you going to post videogames or are you going to spam images that we've seen a hundred times already?

Oh, you're the autist that got mad his shitty thread on Asscreed Wewuz got deleted. Carry on then.

Incorrect, but you're trying. Someone brought up Holla Forums from an outsider's perspective and it only seemed right to enrich everyone with true cultural display of our people.

What the fuck is happening in here?

Ban evasion, spam, off-topic posting, derailing, and shitting up the thread, by a single autist.
Maybe this thread should just be nuked.

Getting banned by kikes that can't finish anything they start. They should probably head to /agdg/ tbh.

Oh hello retard

OYYYYY
Incorrect. Again. You brought up Holla Forums and you got it and this will happen every thread from here on out.

You do realize you can just filter him, right? It's not like he's going to post anything of value

Why are you greeting yourself?

I did. He's making a habit of changing IPs, though.

I never brought up Holla Forums. We have IDs here, newfag.

I filtered him once and got rid of all the dumb shit in the thread. The filter is two clicks away user, don't be lazy.
The only thing I see here is an emotional manchild desperate for attention

it's a special kind of suffering.

Nigger that's cropped from a very recent doujin, there isn't a fucking chance that's involved at all.

This is why goons have been booted from over 100 countries in history

Because if you know what reverse image search was you'd have more credence than saying "CIA NIGGERS XD DID I DO IT RIGHT, REDDIT?"
It's fucking embarrassing.

He's shitposting to satisfy some bizarre psychological urge. He's not interested in truth or discussion. Don't waste your time, just report and move on.

The game is fun, lighthearted and with great coop. It's nothing more than a shooter with wildly different classes, in a big open map, with story and stats taking a backseat. I got to the ending in couch coop and the feeling of bringing down the heavens one piece at a time felt quite rewarding.

Unpretentious and fun, to sum up EDF.

Brandish: The Dark Revenant
I wish the rest of the series would get remakes.

I think it was probably one of the Mario Galaxy games. If I remember correctly it was one of those games that thanks you for playing at the end. It's very endearing when games do that. The game wasn't hard, but it was fun and had great music. I wish the Switch was a reasonable price so I could play Odyssey.

What hurt you the most about my comment? The emotional manchild part or the attention starved part?

All the time. Rather than wasting my time on shitty low-challenge movie games, I seek out games that test my skills. Last week I beat Cho Ren Sha 68K, no deaths on the final boss. Was very satisfying.

Beating FFXV, waited 10 years for it and even though the first half of that game is meh and the combat being nothing that I wanted the 2nd half hits so well story wise. Wonder how difficult it will be to mod the game into something like KH when it drops on PC. Besides that I'll say clearing DMC4SE on DMD with Lady/Trish, was a lot harder than I thought since those two are easy mode.

The controls were fucking awful but the secret boss was good, yeah. Kind of bullshit there's pretty much 0% chance you can get it on the first playthrough though, that's stupid.

Remember when cuck used to refer to people who let other people sleep with their wife, and wasn’t shorthand for “thing I don’t like”

So, which is it?

Damn user how long did that take? I know you also have to get points to unlock all the story missions to, but that is mostly tedious.

NieR Automata came close, but I just didn't enjoy the game as much as I did with NieR.

What the fuck kind of complaint is that? Are you really complaining that a video game has an objective?

No.

I remember when lefties thought they could meme the word into something else. It happened a moment ago.

How? it felt like plot dump when it should have been told more evenly out

The word is just going through the same course as gay and faggot. At first it's literal, then used as an insult and loses its meaning, and then it become mainstream and people start trying to make it accepted to its no longer an insult.

Cuphead

i did all achievements and S ranked every boss.

The big drawback in Automata is that the extra scenes in the second campaign are utterly irrelevant, while they used to be the best part of the original Nier. Think of the emotional rollercoaster of the wolves story, compared to the pathetic backstories behind Beauvoir or the EMP giant machine.

One could argue that the "third" playthrough is actually an extra scene at the end of the second, but it would be a bit bullshit.

And you will regret it as soon as the devs start licking socjus ass to move up in the industry.

Source?

He's speaking hypothetically

So he's speaking about a fantasy of his then?

Be playing Spider Man 2 on Game Cube
Best feeling EVAR!

I stopped playing vidya games after that because they suck.