ITT: good games with bad art styles and vice versa

ITT: good games with bad art styles and vice versa

Have you been drinking?

How is it bad? Would you like it more if they were bug-eyed moe freaks?

End your life.

Trying to give the more cartoonish Capcom characters a more realistic design, in the vein of SNK, just comes out weird. That and the reused sprites from various games makes the tone feel inconsistent.

Your opinion is objectively wrong. Now kill yourself.

No fighting game will ever have more ugly artwork that KOF2001.

Doesn't help that literally everyone that guy draws is fucking George Clooney

kys nigger

lol kys too nigger

Guess what's the good and what's the bad.

lol who gives a shit. That art's Japanese anyways.

Yeah, I've been waitin' for this.

NOTHING CAN STOP ME NOW

For some reason the mp4 I downloaded had no sound

The cover art and everything that's used in the game is shit but some of the official art is actually pretty good looking.

Both are bad.

I'm not saying he's a bad artist, but his style doesn't mesh well with the designs of the Street Fighter characters.

OP doesn't know what art style is.
When portraits look nothing like in-game sprites/models, they are not part of the art style.

wat

The dithering is just so pleasing to look at.

That game had incredible visuals in general

Well there is Morrigan's sprite clashing with the freshly drawn ones

Or all the SFA ones clashing with the new ones from SF, or Chun Li's downscaled SF3 sprite.

Op is fucking retarded, SNKVSCrapcom 2 obviously looks sloppy as fuck compared to CHAOS, the art in that is damn good since SNK designed it.

No, you just have shit taste

Both are great

So, the game is bad?

It's a good game but with mostly bad art. The good art isn't used on the cover or in the game.

I would argue Dawn of Sorrow looked way worse. It used animu art but did it cheaply, with characters having very little shading or detail compared to how Ayame Kojima did them in Aria.

I remmeber #3

This thread reminds me that Capcom will never be good again.

That was because Konami wanted to be more juvenile to attract more teens or something. I dunno if, with a little bit more of effort, they would have succeeded, but the end result was shit and hinder an otherwise good game, particularly PoR. The problem is, that not only the art was animu, but both the plot and, for example, Charlotte and Jonathan personalities were really animu for the time. Not like that one was pulled badly, despite how shallow the characters were, at least in PoR they had chemistry between each other and they had charm by themselves.

it's a functioning game, even if it sucks complete ass

Western shit isn't the reason why fags liked Naruto, they liked it because it borrowed from Japanese folklore liberally. If they wanted to make a Gookvania they could have just ripped off Muramasa and make Dracula speak Korean.

There was also the fact that Ayame was already doing art for Curse of Darkness and the Dracula X remake on PSP. My guess is Konami had her attached to enough Castlevania projects that ultimately they decided to go with a cheaper art style for Dawn.

That doesn't explain Death Note although it's not like that guy was prized or anything.