Star Wars thread where we talk about the video games because I'm pretty sure they are better than the films

Star Wars thread where we talk about the video games because I'm pretty sure they are better than the films.
I was just playing yoda stories on my pc and it's such a simple game yet it's very satisfying.

Games I loved
Yoda Stories
Star Wars Bounty Hunter
KOTR
KOTR II
Star Wars Republic Commando
The system for KOTR was good idk why they haven't made anything like it since. Same with Republic Commando

I always like the OT and PT, but I would probably rank like this
Yes tier
IV V VI

Ok tier
I III

No tier
II VII RO Han Solo

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!r9AywZQS!qlPM0VDxKoPdYcUeTPTmb70BalGCo95MK05S9nytP54
mega.nz/#!LshnjQ7R!syAWvnZs5bOuhqtCEE5eB3hl28VorhHav_ckKw-dgCw
mega.nz/#!K0JEwLQK!EPBAmvU5P-C0MInqFoPOYbYFL_ZRzb1i0SoEg2M8fmk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Even with the shitpile that II was don't lump it in with the Nu-SJWars mouseshit

Republic Commando is pretty good, Jedi Academy and KOTOR was alright.

I can't stand Portman in that one especially, I can take Anakin's autism but not her non emoting or non acting

Herschlag's at least a proper jewess, user. Dear christ she and Hayden had absolutely no chemistry whatsoever, though. AotC truly is a chore of a movie to get through.

Who's the bigger badass? Kyle or Dash?

kyle reeves was pretty badass in the future war and taking on the terminator

Don't tell me a hotshot pilot like you is afraid of the Dreighton Triangle.

I remember Yoda Stories! I haven't thought about that game in years.

I played Episode 1 Racer again recently. Still good. It's weird how little music that game has though.

Star Wars for me is the old Dark Horse comics and the videogames.

Too bad Disney and EA call the shots now.

I dont know if I played this or not I might have

TIE/ph Phantoms are the best TIE variant

A true timeless classic. One of the most fun games there is

I remember reading that Lucas told them to act less emotional repeatedly until we got what we got.

There was this older Starwars game I used to play on my DS a ton. All I can remember is that in the end you have to fight and kill your brother, who was a clone of you or something. Can't remember exactly. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, do tell. I also used to play some Lego Starwars game on my Wii all the time. You'd walk around the Cantina, and you could walk into doors that'd lead to levels and missions and such. I probably sunk hundreds of hours into that.
Now that I'm on a nostalgia trip, anyone remember a series of Clone Wars episodes where it details a squadron of clones going through training, and ends when the heavy sacrifices himself on an outpost to stop a droid invasion? It ends with his helmet landing at the rest of the squadron's feet. Man, that fucked me up when I was twelve or whatever.
polite sage for blogpost

I liked this stupid ass game as a kid
Next to that I never played any Star Wars games because fuck Star Wars.

ESB was a complete step up, ROTJ was a complete step down.

Play Dark Forces I and II, OP

I dont want to pay 10 bucks for every steam star wars game (already have kotr I and II and republic comanndo) so hopefully i can torrrent

They're all on gog so they certainly have solid torrents somewhere

Dark Forces II's cut scenes are delicious Star Wars Cheese.

Dark Forces II is the true Episode 7 for me

Yea I played this it was hard as fuck with a joystick

Has anybody else crashed over and over into buildings, until all of them are destroyed, in Rouge Squadron? Not even memeing about 9/11, something about it just tickles the autism.

Just look up the GoG torrents or even direct downloads from the share threads.

I'll take Dark Forces cutscenes over any new star wars movie.

That chick is even qt

funny there are no VII games…

(czech'd)
what are you talking about, user? haven't you played the excellent new Battlefront games from our friends at EA/DICE?

It's because there's nothing new in VII to work with. All of George's films gave us new things that could be adapted into fun games. Regardless of how you feel about the prequels, you probably had fun with the podracing game, or Republic Commando. Any game based on Episode VII is going to feel like a rehash of games we've been playing for 20+ years already.

Wish Disney never bought Star Wars.

George sold it unbelievably low tbh

Hell fuckin' yeah, Yoda Stories!!!

Same questions here, brother. KotOR's item/action/ability interface might not have had this nu-UI "minimal" feel, but it was perfect in practice for the limited amount of abilities and items one would have in a D20 based action RPG. Total waste of a great system that was popular in its day - there is no reason it should have been abandoned.

And the squad control shit in Republic Commando was just perfectly done. It is such a disappointment that dev studios have their heads so far up their asses that they insist on "proving their AI just werks" and utterly failing every time instead of allowing you to "tag" enemies and points of interest.

Do the GoG ports of these games work on Windows 7? Anybody have experience with it?

Well, here's a copy of the .iso for you and everyone else. Enjoy.

mega.nz/#!r9AywZQS!qlPM0VDxKoPdYcUeTPTmb70BalGCo95MK05S9nytP54

(checked)

Also if you haven't seen Harmy's Despecialized Editions you haven't lived.

Love the versions, I recently got the new 2.5 or 2.7 ROTJ much better looking than the 1.0.

Apparently Empire Strikes Back 2.5 is due out sometime soon and it looks better than 2.0 which looked pretty damn good

YEEEEEEEEEEEEA NIGGGGA

I've been trying dark souls and i couldnt get either working on windows 10 havent tried rebel assault II yet. I think 7 definitely has a good chance of working tho

dark forces* lol

Excellent. I got the "Silver Screen Edition" of ANH (raw scan of the original 35mm print, dirt and all) and watched that a little while back. Strangely satisfying, if you haven't watched it yet.

ANH 2.7, ESB 2.0, ROTJ 2.5 (released February of 2016) as well as a couple older versions that were downloaded as they were released are what I have right now. I used to have all of the 1.0s, but I guess my stingy ass deleted them to save space. I regret it. Good to know ESB 2.5 will be out soon, though. I'll have to keep an ear to the floor.

I just can't bring myself to ever run Win10 on bare metal. I have old pre-telemetry custom W7 roms I will use for the foreseeable future. AAA is total shit now, no reason to upgrade, but if it comes to that, I will run W10 in a network-isolated VM on some gnu/linux distro that isn't Ubuntu, or as it should be called, Amazon/Ubuntu.

My 1.0s were only 720 to begin with and 6-7 gb each I believe. I have 2.5 ANH and don't know if I should try 2.7 but I guess i should.

I also just so happen to have ROTJ v2.5 in my Mega folder! Just noticed as I was closing it out from the Yoda Stories upload, if anyone is interested.

mega.nz/#!LshnjQ7R!syAWvnZs5bOuhqtCEE5eB3hl28VorhHav_ckKw-dgCw

It's a big file for you so you anons will probably want to use JDownloader 2 to manage it for you. What's that? Don't know where to get a JDownloader 2 setup executable that doesn't have malware preloaded? I have just the link:

mega.nz/#!K0JEwLQK!EPBAmvU5P-C0MInqFoPOYbYFL_ZRzb1i0SoEg2M8fmk

I'm pretty sure all of these releases are 720p. I can't say that any scenes leaped out at me as being massively improved with 2.7 over 2.5, though in frame comparison shots, a discerning eye could certainly distinguish the differences that were pointed out in its "changelog", but for me it's just more of scratching a collector's itch.

Take this from the 2.7 readme:
Version v2.5 offers few more little tweaks to the picture and contains an unprecedented number of audio options, including lossless DTS-HD tracks for the original mixes (the original 70mm six-track was recreated by hairy_hen, the original stereo mix was capturedfrom LaserDisc PCM and fixed up by hairy_hen and the original mono mix was restored by Belbucus from a VHS recording), an isolatedscore, four different commentary tracks, dubbing tracks in ten different languages and dialects and a British commentaryfor visually impaired.************************Note from Towne32: Version 2.6 featured a shot-by-shot color adjustment that I performed on Harmy's 2.5 MKV source.Harmy was informed after the release of 2.5 that the Technicolor reference scans that he based his color grading on wereraw scans and not corrected to the way the print actually looks projected. Furthermore, Star Wars was the final majorTechnicolor film produced in the West, and the quality control in the UK lab during those final days was poor, resultingin less than ideal color including the prominent green tones that Harmy then incorporated into Despecialized Remastered.The color of 2.6+ is still vibrant, but some of the strong overtones and inconsistencies of 2.5, based on those raw scans,have been reduced or removed. Additionally, several shots that were based on the low resolution 2006 GOUT DVD in 2.5 have been upgraded using Team Negative 1's 35mm "Silver Screen Edition" after I manually cleaned, stabilized, degrained, and color corrected the shots. Version 2.7 is of higher quality, thanks to Harmy. He sent me the lossless encode of his previous release, allowing meto encode 2.7 without any generational encoding losses. Additionally, I corrected an error where several Mos Eisley shotswere actually using GOUT-based footage in 2.6, rather than the 35mm sources of Harmy's 2.5. Many additional color changes were made to correct minor inconsistencies and to remove green tones from some desert scenes, as well as the Death Starinterior walls in some cases. The "A Long Time Ago" card is now from a cleaned up version of the 35mm scan. And the Greedo subtitles have been replaced with an impressive rendering of the 35mm text made by CatBus. Additionally, Darth Lucas rotoscoped the lightsaber blade in Ben's hut from the 35mm print. The version 2.7 MKV includes several subtitle and audio dub languages not available previously, also thanks to CatBus, including a fixed Castilian track. ************************

You're right, for whatever reason though the 1.0 releases were a much less quality bitrate and filesize though.
Thanks for the info I'll be downloading the 2.7

also didn't understand how Anakin grew that much and Padme stayed the same

Katarn murdering his GF was pretty awesome when I was a kid.

Shadows of the Empire was the first time I ever saw a 3D game, that shit was mind blowing. Also I don't think any game has made a jetpack sound as awesome & menacing as this game did.

I'm pretty sure before this modest amount of fame, that Harmy was your average slav in terms of computing resources.

AFAIK the only Win10 version that is not fully designated street shitted to death and NSA as fuck is the Enterprise or Enterprise LTSB one. It's the one that MS doesn't want most people to even know about or use, but it's basically the version that 10 should have been all along.
That amazon shit was iirc on their Unity version. Any other version or the core only buntu didn't have it. Or get a respin distro. Or if you still want to avoid it altogether just in case, go for something like an Arch based.

So, I was born a year or two too late to give a shit about the prequels when they came out, how was Anakin viewed at the time?
He seems like an edgy fanfic character to me, to be honest.

But keep that option safe somewhere as well, at the very least until 2020. There is a very good reason why there are business and critical things that are not touching 10 with a rented dick and still sticking with 7.

He was viewed so badly that little kid annie is more watchable

I'd heard of that before, but that one runs as normal on consumer hardware? I'm not doing the "dual xeons for ebin asscreed 4k streamin xD" meme, I'm on a relatively old desktop intel and will be getting Ryzen sometime in the near future.

Edgy fanfic character is how he is best described, and the prequels are only worth watching if you're interested in the context of the Battlefront games or I duno, some stale as fuck jar jar binks jokes, I guess?

Yeah, I'm definitely not ever getting rid of these. I still have multiple XP pre-hacked editions that were patched a ways into the server updates past the consumer EOL, for whatever those are worth.

A shame, I guess. Battlefront II and the 2003 cartoon had me completely enthralled with the Clone Wars.

Believe me, user. I wish I could go back and watch Ep II again, but I will not, because even as a kid every scene other than the ones with the clones just didn't make sense and didn't leave an impression on me at all - it seemed almost pointless to watch then, and as I am now, I would completely rip it apart and feel even worse about it. Just stick to the originals, and the despecialized versions of those, at that. No extra CGI bullshit, no oscar-winning music in the fight scenes ripped out and replaced with clearly modern-sounding explosions and sfx, etc.

I don't know if this is the thread to ask, but what are some good SW Battlefronts 2 mods to play with? (Just in case, I'm talking about the BF which wasn't made by EA).

There are no VII games because EA who owns the rights for to all games for 10 years is making shit all starwars games. They've made Battle front, Battle front 2, some mobile game, and that's it. They've got the gold mine and their doing shit all with it.

It took Gendy's storytelling skills in glorius 2D to make Anakin relateable and watchable. Embed semi related it does not have Anakin but the only reason I sat through all the prequel stuff, for the /k/ommando action.

Officially MS does not want people to even use it outside of embedded or unless you are an "IT worker or wizard". But that's Redmond's brand of current year retardation tbh. And keep in mind the reason why MS pushes so hard for home and pro, to get feedback data to put into the Enterprise version. People who run 10 on bare metal and online are basically beta testing and giving data for and to MS and fuck knows who else by now. But what do you expect when MS laid off most of their remaining competent people for cheaper pajeets.
Unofficially, I think there is an user in one of the PC hardware threads that found a way to turn Pro into LTSB. So while there is no guarantee, chances are you won't need a dual Xeon setup if you ever want to test it out.

The 2d cartoon, and Republic Commando imo actually lived up to the hype of that mysterious line "you were in the clone wars?!" from the OT, better than the live action prequel movies.
I'm not even going to bother discussing the Nu-diznee Wars bullshit.

yes, it runs on consumer hardware. it's essentially the enterprise version of the OS with all of the extraneous bullshit stripped out of it.

Fucked that up, here's the embed I originally meant.

That should've been

Believe me, I am definitely aware of Win10 and its kikery - the very sinister direction M$ has taken their software in. I'm just wondering if security updates and things will work. I'd manually patch them in. Fuck Windows Update - I've had all of that shit ripped out of my system for years, now.

Excellent, I'll have to find a torrent for it.

Wow!

How did i miss this show?! He really harnesses the less is more part of story telling.

It's the best shot in the entire show - don't expect more of the same.

Yeah that's really the only safe(r) way to run a MS OS especially post 7 these days. Fucking pajeetware. On paper the security updates should work, since that is the main if not only reason for the LTSB. No candy crush or windows store. What most users with a brain wanted in the first place instead of NSAware shitted out by the lowest caste coder monkeys.

Remember the cough general Grievous had? Gendy added a backstory and reason that fit in the larger story for that, because iirc originally Lucas just wanted the cough to signal that there was an organic being inside, and not a robot. The 2D cartoon is definitely recommended imo. If you're a stickler for the story timeline the 2D series takes place in between the live action prequels.
Embed semi related.

Star Wars Rebellion was a good game

God bless Star Wars autism, gonna have to watch these versions.

There's a new tabletop game loosely based on that game. Rebellion is also its name. It's bretty good.

I wish Gendy had diverted more from SW and had actual trench warfare instead of the weird charges into gunfire that we got from Clone Wars. Otherwise, Gendy was just a damn good director. A bit showy for SW when doing the Jedi stuff, but still fun, and definitely a lot better looking than when the prequels tried to do showy powers.

That might be interesting to see, but he still had to work within Lucas's sandbox rules and final stamp. That said, I'd still take Gendy working within Lucas's framework vs JewJew Abrams and Disney.

They can be difficult to find, or at least, they were when they're first released. They might be on normalfag tpb-type sites now. ROTJ 2.5 download link is in the thread, just search ROTJ and you'll find it.

No shit. Fuck this kike CEO of Cartoon Network and not supporting animators and directors who he inspired.

Also, when I was downloading them, they'd always be those downloads that are split into a million pieces - you might need JDownloader to manage that sort of shit so you're not waiting by your machine typing in captchas every 20 minutes so the download can continue. Search ROTJ and you should find my post with a JDownloader 2 mega link as well.