Remember "Papers, Please" short film announcement? It's still a thing. Totally coming out this year...

Remember "Papers, Please" short film announcement? It's still a thing. Totally coming out this year, if this trailer is to be believed.

That actually sounds like a great idea for a film

Whats so special about it? Whats it about?

Glory to Arstotzka.

You haven't heard of the game? Give it a try, it's about being a checkpoint inspector in a communist country Arstotzka. The storyline is neat and there's 20 possible endings.

it looks pretty boring tbh

This is one of those rare "you have to play it to get it" types of games.

i hope there's funny meme guy walks in with a shitty passport, haha that makes me xd very much

the film will better than the game, because the game is fucking shit

Film is going to be pozzed back and forth

Just like the game.

Oh look. It's a shitty movie made with shitty game for an inspiration. Can't wait for all those references to poor rapefugees and how we're all the same. One race human race, am I right goys? Get away from here with this piece of shit.

I remember when Holla Forums used to like this game and even OC was made. Let me guess, it's not cool since it became popular?

You have to be an intellecual to get it.

This has a chance to be the only (?) non-shit film based on a game.

I can understand why someone might like the game because they're

Except there also elements where you defuse a bomb, tranq terrorists by shooting them and manage your money if you play poorly.

I remember when retards used to understand the idea of there being more than one person on Holla Forums. Let me guess, it's not convenient for your shitposts?

do you call all games that aren't up to your mechanically engaging standards "autistic", you giga nigger

when has this ever been the case? Holla Forums was always shit.

>>>/hm/

I'm not the one shitting up a thread because I don't like the games being discussed.

He is a one of the greatest russian actor of drama theatre.

>short film
Nice.

He's only posted once in this thread, you cock swallowing faggot.

Neither am I, I am stating that you shouldn't act like the board is a hivemind. There are people that like it and there are people that don't, it's that simple.

Can't wait for the inevitable anti-Trump, anti-Wall, anti-borders message

It's being made by ruskies I think, not happening.

It is

The only Westerner who is attributed to the short film is the guy that made the game. On Twitter he doesn't seem to be very political (the only thing even remotely related to politics is that he donated to the ACLU and two organisations to do with immigration but nothing beyond that) and from his tweets it seems like he watches from the sidelines what the Russians are making.

Didn't he flip the fuck out about the Nazi Germany mod for the game?

Kiнo confirmed

No clue

Looks absolutely fuckin rad

People that liked it moved on and the people who didn't like it or care remains. There all of your questions about "why does Holla Forums not like X anymore?" answered.

This. Game gets too repetitive very quickly. Only redeeming parts of the story were the crayon passport guy and the ladies who would invite you to their work establishments.

The costumes and scenery look pretty great, plus I really like that it's in slav, really helps with the foreign glorious motherland feeling.
The only thing I'm worried about is the story, there's not much to make one about. I'd get a 5 minute video about a guy trying to get in with his family, but this showed multiple people and implied that there's going to be some kind of plot other than that, so I'm not sure how far they plan to take it and how well it'll end.

It's a short dude, which implies that it lasts less than 30 minutes.

I know, short is pretty much a word for 15-20 AFAIK.
I'm still worried that they'll fill it up with boring shit.
Following a guy with his family and all the tension that comes with it would work out really well, but all the tension kind of fades away the third time it happens.

*15-20 minute video
I should proof read my sentences after I delete part of them

Anyone else has to add something to this thread?

Gimme the redpill, daddy. What films has he been in? I'd really like to get into more Russian cinema. If there are recordings of theatre performances out there that I could watch online then even better.

This is actually a game for autists. Only autists like "games" where you actually do office work. That said, this game is right up my alley, but I think this is one of the worst games you can translate into a movie. Video games make bad movies because, in order to make it a movie, you have to degrade it from a game and dress up. Everything that made the game great will be absent from the movie.

I can't remember things I never heard of, but this does sound very interesting. Fingers crossed Jorji Costava will make an appearance.

All the time I hear people claim that videogames are an automatically worse medium than all others. This is the first time I've heard someone describe videogaming as being a deeper medium than another. Sorta a sentiment I share, so yeah.

On a purely technical level, vidya is higher as it is interactive. To make it into any other medium is to take away its defining characteristic.

It's because they don't like video games. I wouldn't either if I didn't agency.

To put it simply: a video game is to a movie what a movie is to a radio show.

Who doesn't like them?

I shouldn't even have to say this and it kinda feels shitty, now that I think about it. Reviewers and streamers don't like video games.