Yomawari Midnight Shadows release today...

Yomawari Midnight Shadows release today, in shocking twist putting Nippon Ichi Europe in charge resulted in something not fucked up by localisation

Astounding!

Great game though. Has a lot of elements that make it the first true survival horror game in ages. Not action horror but the real deal. The tagline is 'The Dark is no place to be Alone' in a nod to the jiji of the series and before it opens it has its own unique take on the 'this game contains explicit scenes of violence and gore' bit from RE/SH.

Didn't play too much as its early morning and i want to play it late at night but so far its clearly not the tiny little vita darling the original was and the PS4/PC sequel is a bigger more ambitious affair that takes everything great from the original and makes it better.

If Yomawari was Resident Evil Yomawari Midnight shadows is Resident Evil 2. Get on this shit if you love Survival Horror.

Other urls found in this thread:

store.nisaeurope.com/products/yomawari-night-alone-htol-niq-the-firefly-diary-psvita-standard-edition).
store.nisaeurope.com/collections/frontpage-clean/products/yomawari-midnight-shadows-limited-edition-ps-vita
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

SAGE

great advertise blog post copy paste

no thank you

Sorry op, i have to follow the trend and sage too.

Everyone was doing it, you just wanted to be popular user.

Well its on pc so anyone can pirate it, i bought the special one because i am a disgusting buyfag and the first is my favourite vita game.
They dont play the same but i feel like if people liked Corpse Party they would like this. Even if this has a far more serious tone than Corpse Party and its 'butter my pooper' stuff.

I'm almost done with evil within 2 so I might as well give it a try, first one was short as fuck so I'm wary of sinking 30 bucks into this.

Deleted my post because the magnet was fucked up, this one should work better.
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:A71387B69FF16B4B335538012ED3B4D070071D1A&dn=codex-yomawari.midnight.shadows&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fp4p.arenabg.ch%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2feddie4.nl%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.zer0day.to%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fp4p.arenabg.com%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.internetwarriors.net%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2f9.rarbg.me%3a2710%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2f9.rarbg.to%3a2740%2fannounce&tr=http%3a%2f%2fnyaa.tracker.wf%3a7777%2fannounce&tr=http%3a%2f%2fsukebei.tracker.wf%3a8888%2fannounce&tr=http%3a%2f%2fanidex.moe%3a6969%2fannounce

NIS Eu is decent?
I'm surprised. I guess I haven't heard much about them.
Post something that gives an idea of the content of this game OP

Looked up videos and it looks pretty comfy. Might pick it up. Looks a lot better than some of this week's offerings.

You've seen US vs EU covers, did you think that wouldn't apply to on disc content too? Some of your US zelda stuff has been monstrously cucked compared to the eu versions.

and its comfy-creepy. Like corpse party. The idea is 'kids alone in the suburb at night' and in the original at first the monsters could have been a little girls wild imagination while scared'. But now shits got real.

There is no Nippon Ichi Europe. NISA has branched to Europe with NISA Europe, which only takes care of distribution; there are no two localisation studios.
If you check their store, NISA is always listed as the publisher.

What did he mean by this?

T O P K E K
O
P

K
E
K

They do have different translation teams. Unless you think they have an in house US german, spanish, italian and french translation team since most EU games come with up to 6 language options which is why US and EU get different translation houses to begin with.

This game actually looks good
Dunno about female protag though. I usually prefer manlier games, or when female protags are fanservice-y. I can't actually remember the last time I've played a game where a female was the MC.

Huh. Now this is interesting.

Provide sources, you little shit.

Thanks NeoGAF for bringing Summer into winter.

Well the idea -in the original at least- was part of the scares came from the idea that the character was a weak little kid. You wont be punching a boulder into a volcano with roid rage.

Originally Nippon Ichi did its EU translations and dubbing in Toronto due to high number of french and spanish speakers but as germany and italys weeb markets grew they moved over to europe but still use the UK company Reef Entertainment for printing the copies. Mine came in a purple box that says "NIS Europe Online store" the only reason i can assume the box art says america is sheer laziness on the cover printers part.

Even if that were to be true in a general sense, it is not the case for the product in question (store.nisaeurope.com/products/yomawari-night-alone-htol-niq-the-firefly-diary-psvita-standard-edition).
The only language option is English, and the publisher is noted as NIS America. It appears that no additonal translation effort has been made to provide support for the languages you just listed.

This makes beyond no sense. They suck up to all the worst ones. I didn't say there weren't any bad ones either; I just generally don't like games where they're the protagonist.

Then take a picture of your copy and post it here.

I made a mistake, this is the right one:
store.nisaeurope.com/collections/frontpage-clean/products/yomawari-midnight-shadows-limited-edition-ps-vita
While you can select a different language for the product, it doesn't change the "Language Text" or the "Publisher" fields. Still, that might be an error on the website's part.
However, there is no information about a EU-specific translation effort. Do you have a definite source?

Thats not the same game. Yomawari Night Alone was the Vita game from 2 years ago. Yomawari Midnight Shadows came out this week and when ordering it theres multilingual, english (aka brexit edition), US english, Japanese and Korean.

That is my copy. OC do not steal.

They mentioned it on a stream for D5 complete on the Switch i think. People seemed worried US translating gatekeepers could ruin the deep, nuanced story of Disgaea.
Really.

But you gotta laugh when they have Australian as an optional language version.

user pls

(checked)
NeoFAG sent us Cuckchan refugees too, user.

I don't think I've ever actually seen someone down a game for a female protag before, except in caricatures of what feminists think of gamers. Whatever, I guess.

That is still no proof. These options might as well exist solely for shipping reasons.
Please provide a source to back up your claims.

So wait, does that mean there are multiple English translations of this game?

I dont know what else you expect then. It is extremely common for EU to have different translation teams. Maybe thats not common knowledge in murrca but thats how translation works. We dont even spell things the fucking same why would we use American translations to begin with?
You either believe it or assume i'm part of some conspiracy or something man.

They usually just don't appeal to me as main characters user. They're usually better working alongside the protagonist as a main character (like in Chrono Trigger) or a billion other games.
There's a few I plan on playing despite that though, because of how hopeful I am that they'll be good; Order of Ecclesia and the new Igavania that's coming out.
Oh and whatever Hollow Knight's expansion will be with Hornet.
I'm remembering now why I actually usually don't really trust games with female protes though; the last one I remember playing was Heart of the Swarm
Yeah…

Post your fucking copy already.

How do those Nips even have the money to keep two gaijin subsidiary companies up? I've checked now and their games rarely sell more than 100k unless they're Disgaea, doesn't seem enough at a glance. Unless they do the typical shit of "buy a run-down hovel/a room, pretend it's your office so you can sell physical in EU comfortably while nobody actually is there", but how would they have a translation team then? Unless it costs way less for them to make games, translate and publish than I think, it's also possible.

Googled this, he's right. That's what the European subsidiary is called. Fucking nips, it doesn't even surprise me after under night in birth

You forgot the attachment or the kike site ate it up. Or you're messing with people. Also link? If you won't then I will fucking watch all their D5C streams out of autism just to check if you're not currently performing a ruse or simply got confused by something.

Those are my pictures on my kitchen countertop retard.

Remove the trinkets from your copy then.

Lots of games have multiple english versions. I'm kind of surprised by the surprise and disbelief of it in this thread. Did American anons always assume we used your translations? like did they think Sonic Colours was Sonic Colors here?

I mean you guys know Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe are two different translation houses right?

Nearly every developer has at least 3 different english translations. American english, Real English and Aus/NZ pig english.

Do American anons actually think its JUST NISA that fucks them over? Do they not know its bad across the board for them?

I think what is meant is the purple box, not the pictures we can see in the OP. Don't forget to remove the address/etc with Gimp.

No it still says of america i just put them on the side so it didnt obscure the main art. I already said above i assume its being bone idle and only making one cover art.

Oh no thats trashed it was literally a purple cardbox box warpped up with tape like the amazon ones. I realise thats not proof but the level of disbelief itself is strange. To my knowledge i've never heard of a EU nippon ichi game shat on for a bad translation like the US ones. I assumed US anons knew different translations were the norm and thats whats strangely at debate here.

Just googled it. The cover has the NISA logo, but NISA: Europe is apparently really is a thing, as I learned from the same search.

and i learnt US anons think UK games use translations written in US english. Thats a surprising one.

Well, it sounds a bit redundant. English is English. Its not like we have someone dubbing over Doctor Who or whatever out here.

NISA is truly a retarded company

I've never heard of NISA Europe. I know translating companies like NoE and EU branches, but the fact that this exists at all is absurd.

We speak the same. We don't write the same.

Fuck just look at common core you don't even teach the same anymore.

So the part that is unclear to me is if your saying
< in shocking twist putting Nippon Ichi Europe in charge resulted in something not fucked up by localisation
is in reference only to Bongistan or if you are saying the EU translation is what we are all getting.

I had heard about that practice with Nintendo and to some extent Sega, but I honestly had no idea it was commonplace. I thought NoA was just shit.

EU translators have had close ties with japan since the late 1980's when companies like Nintendo wanted to break into the west and formed ties with a lot of early UK and French studios to make ports of their games. The same situation wasn't as friendly in the US due to competition from companies like Atari that put a lot of red tape roadblocks to hold back competition. This means for like 30 years we have had translation houses with more direct contact with the original creators while the US were more distant. In a few cases like Square Enix they would often give US translators a script but not the actual game and they had to guess what was going on on the screen while UK got carts and reverse engineered them form the era of the PC-88 onwards.

We have always had different translations for the most part but more often than not you get ours, occasionally we get yours and this means less direct translations and removal of dialogue and replacements designed to be close in tone or simple unconnected to the original work at all.

Which i think happened with Ys VIII. It was so bad it took lines like "we have to save here, but i'm afraid" and replaced it with "im so scared my bum made a poopy in my pants" and it was so bad the devs said they were ashamed and they hired a new studio to do a clean translation.

American anons basically get shafted with translation of japanese games. Honestly i thought you all knew and accepted it hence the whole weeb 'muh superior original work' meme.

I don't mean to speak for all weebs. I just never knew the extent of it.

So for this particular game, are you saying that EU handled the translation everyone is getting, though?

it looks like it depends on which place you get it from, its possible theres a US translation but usually if theres an aus/nz version they do the same 'english english' for both regions. otherwise it would say 'us english' because with nippon ichi each regions special editions are slightly different so its super common for people to import regions besides their own because they prefer a different edition of it.
For example this is the JP version, and in some regions there just isnt a Vita version at all.

I still haven't played the first one.

goddamn picture got eaten

Nigga that shits on sale on PSN for halloween and you can pirate it on pc. Fucking get on that shit. Its easily my favourite horror game this gen.

Already have it on my HDD, it looked cute, but never got around to it. Maybe I'll play it some for Halloween.

NISA NEVER EVER FOREVER!

But what about ….5ever?

All NIS supporters should hang.

You forgot the Mega link

Scroll up.

Maybe someone could post a webm of the game.

Why does this read like a shill thread?

Maybe I'll give it another try.

Because it is one

its positive and lacks a paralell competition for a coke vs pepsi derail.

You only need this hash for a magnet link. If you want it to be explicitly obvious what it is you can leave the prefix, but all the rest of that is redundant.

Gotta be honest here, NISA doesn't look so bad after the release of Wolfenstien.

You have severe brain damage.

Die

What the fuck is the problem with female protags? Holy shit are all of you 50 year old niggers who started browsing imageboards in 2015? Fuck off stop making everything political

Just because someone managed to release a product worse than theirs doesn't mean they are any less shit.

Also I forgot to mention. The directors female. Anyway this game is pretty terrible either way it has no survival horror elements and is more of a puzzle game where you have to figure out how to handle the next enemy

One is what appears to be a decent game that may or may not have stench from a bad NISA translation lingering around it. The other is just a turd disguised in a pretty gamified wrapper.

conversation was had. The user you are quoting just prefers it that way.
Weird, but whatever.

Seems like OP is still a giant faggot. Sorry OP, but no self-respecting user is going to buy a game that NIS has touched.

Not in a million years

I would have supported this IP months ago, but,
nisa

i have no idea what this means

you one of them 'special kids' ?