I wish sega would do more with their skies of arcadia franchise...

I wish sega would do more with their skies of arcadia franchise. I remember being the first one and legends being awesome, it was nice to for once have a protagonist that's very optimistic and is realistic with trying to get out of whatever trouble he's in rather than being a whiny emo faggot who gets angst over everything. I don't see why sega couldn't do an HD remake or a sequel, it wouldn't have to be a direct sequel but a spiritual successor still set in the same world of arcadia but new cast. Like they could have it set many years after the game and that would still be great. What do you think Holla Forums, do you think sega could pull it off or would they just fuck it up?

But user, they did.

A PC port would be enough

yeah, that game needs a spiritual successor

I know it's awful, but it happens.

I think aika looks prettier with her hair down.

want… WANT

She's so tsundere, her outrage only makes my dick harder! Yeah she looks way better with her hair down.

Is that a racoon or a goblin?

Sticks is a badger

What was your favorite part of the game, anons? For me, it was the Maelstrom/black hole thing Creepy as fuck, fun boss fight, got to fight the best admiral.
Also I would murder for at the very least a PC port of SoA. Its one of the few games I still play once a year.

This game was my childhood and got me so into the nautical world it's ridiculous. A little over a decade later and I'm working on a phd in oceanography and building a small sailing yacht that I am naming Little Jack and plan to circumnavigate the world in. That very last part is probably at least a decade off, but looking back it's really strange how big an influence a fucking video game had on my life…

I heard it's fine on the gamecube port via dolphin emulator. Legends is better because you get more bosses and side quests, a few small things like how vyse got his scar gets explained, plus random battle rate isn't as high in the dreamcast version.

The Gamecube version is doogshit since they converted a multi-disc Dreamcast game into a single disc GC game therefore they had to heavily compress the music and textures.

How good is dreamcast emulation right now?

Not as good as the Gamecube's but better than the other 6th gen consoles.

skies of arcadia was amazing

That place was freaky as fuck, same goes go going near the bottom when you meet the sky chinks, I mean the people of the blue moon.
Also the weird ass shit you can find and fight in the ship. Giant birb, giant spooder, fucking kraken.

MOONSTONE CANNON

The petrified braids kinda turn me off man. I want a human not a wicker basket.

More like dicker basket

A woman's trademark is her long, silky hair.

The part where Vyse gets stranded and has to forage and build a ship all on his own.

Mien African American brother

What Sonic game was furfag Aika in?

They drastically lowered random encounters in the Gamecube version though. Arguably worth the downgrade in aesthetic quality.

The three Boom games. The latest one on the 3DS is the best one and she's playable there while she's only an NPC in the infamous Rise of Lyric by Big Red Button. The 2nd one, Shattered Crystal lets you play as her too, but it's seriously meh.

They made 3 of those fucking things?

2 of the 3 were 3DS games outsourced to Sanzaru Games (The Sly 4 creators) The last of which released last year for his 25th anniversary when Forces and Mania were still being developed, funnily enough.
The 3rd's subtitle is: Fire and Ice.

What's wrong with the loli boomerang on the right? Not everyone is into ara.

You really shouldn't. As much as I loved the game, there's no way they wouldn't completely fuck it up.

Aika is at least 17 though, you furry.

Furry? I'm talking about the boomerangs, to hell with those meatsluts

Yiff in hell, furfag.

Vigoro tapped that. She's damaged goods.

I played Legends on the GameCube, and I loved how full of adventure and life the game was. It was a JRPG that wasn't afraid of being actually fun. Unfortunately I got bored of it halfway through because of how fucking slow it was. Random encounters, unskippable animations of enemy attacks, and even talking to NPCs is slow as fuck if you first have to wait for some random fucker to scratch his ass before the text box opens. Every now and then I remember how fun it was and I get the itch to download an ISO, but then I remember how slow it is and I lose interest instantly again. I just want a fun air pirate game, why is this so hard?

Was it any good?

Nah, aika hated vigoro and told him to fuck off every time he tried to get in her pants. She always goes back and forth from creeped out to pissed off whenever he's around.

He was only able to rub his head on her leg and thigh (the lucky bastard) while she was in jail, but nothing more than that. Because of the game's more light-hearted nature, it was fitting instead of outright fondling her perky breasts or anything.
I liked the clumsy girl you could recruit and how her titties would flop around. In fact, the game had a surprising amount of cuties, even from random NPCs. The Angel of Death, your two gals, Belleza/Bellena, the Yafutoman sisters, the Amazon bounty trio, the mute loli that had the hatchling, etc. I love the game's cartoony artwork, but I wouldn't complain if they remade it with the more detailed artstyle of the official art.

I fapped like a motherfucker at how you could press L and R to spin the camera around the character while in a battle, so you could take a look at Aika's ass in all her polygonal glory.

Cuties aside, the game is great. It was fun and colorful, with the right amount of angst and dark moments, and with nice spooky or sad locations. The poor side of Valua really looked awful to live in, the Dark Rift was unnerving especially the Black Moon area and the Deep Sky portion as well. I wonder if they would mention the Black Moon if there ever was a sequel.

I don't think one of the smallest reasons they won't do a sequel is the Aika/Fina situation. It would be easy to leave it as platonic, but you'll want closure if the characters are older already. And if the game already started with Vyse having Aika or Fina as his couple, the other fans would be mad. In fact, I wouldn't decide for one or the another, he should have a canon marriage with both of them, they're both great girls.

I'm pretty certain if he married one of them, it would be aika because she does have feelings for him. She was devistated when she thought he died multiple points in the game and even shared a few moments of affection with him.

She was bolder with that kiss and all, but people love the mysterious waif trait as well, so I could imagine some people preferring Fina. Overall I prefer Aika by a slight margin but I would like to see him with both of them.

after they crashed and he was stranded on an island (almost certainly dead, but presumed alive for plot purposes) she immediately forgot about him and went treasure hunting

She was worried about vyse and they really needed money to buy a boat and pay rent plus it helped her cope with the current situation.

No way fuck off.

The random encounter rate in the dreamcast version I'll admit was annoying, but not bad enough that It would make me not want to play.

>Over a decade later play Valkyria Chronicles when it releases on Steam

It wasn't torn to shreds in the reviews and Sega had delayed it after their previous fuck ups, so I imagine it's decent at best, but I haven't played it. The game flew under many people's radars or was forgotten since it's not particulatly outstanding and was part of a subseries that got off to a really rocky start.

Fuck, when is Sega going to pull their heads out of their asses and stop raping Valkyria Chronicles and the rest of their IPs with shit decisions like using Denuvo when their ports of Platinum Games did fine without it.

The voice acting for vyse and aika in valkyria chronicles sounds how I could picture both of them sounding if skies of arcadia got voice acting.

It actually had voice acting, it was just tiny clips and horribly compressed. The original VA for Vyse voiced him again in Sonic and All Stars racing transformed.

I loved it every time i did a Blue Rogues Attack, myself. Pic marginally related.

I'd rather have Phantasy Star V. IV was so good and Skies (its spiritual successor) felt like a downgrade.

Nup.

I love those simple things. Autistically pressing the button to read flavor text while checking stuff was useful as well because you could find hidden items.

(heil dubs)

I'm not sure you can say that. Both are RPGs designed by Rieko Kodama, but their tone is vastly different. Phantasy Star feels more mature, with a sci-fi / horror plot, Arcadia is a light-hearted fantasy.

Call me crazy but I found the compression added to Vyse screaming "CUTLASS FURY!" granted I wouldn't want a whole game compressed like that. Just that it fit for that one attack.

Remembering spamming that shit as soon as you had enough SP to use it round 1? Goodbye, annoying random encounters

If I got lucky, all random encounters would be a looper that will dodge every single attack and always run away the first chance they get. Loopers were always a relief to see because it meant an easy battle.

That part on the island was a lot of fun.

Sega is still good unlike Nitenjew.

Granted they don't have any Treehouse fuckery and are better than a bunch of other videogame companies but they're not exactly spotless in this day and age either. And when the fuck are they going to release the rest of the PC ports? I'd love it if they actually bother get Saturn Emulation working somehow for Sega Forever.

I wish sega would do more with their skies of arcadia franchise. I remember being the first one and legends being awesome, it was nice to for once have a protagonist that's very optimistic and is realistic with trying to get out of whatever trouble he's in rather than being a whiny emo faggot who gets angst over everything. I don't see why sega couldn't do an HD remake or a sequel, it wouldn't have to be a direct sequel but a spiritual successor still set in the same world of arcadia but new cast. Like they could have it set many years after the game and that would still be great. What do you think Holla Forums, do you think sega could pull it off or would they just fuck it up?

cupil dildo

Stop putting companies on pedestals you little shit.

were you only ever fighting single enemies?
One a related note, if they ever do a remake they should really spice up Aika's moveset, all her damaging inducing s-moves were just amped up versions of the fire spells

Lambda burst was good too.
But Vyse's attack was non-elemental, and Aika's were all fire. I always wondered if Aik was from Ixa'Taka because her past is never discussed and she's got the little tiki idol thing on her necklace, and her staring element is green

are you talking about Cutlass Fury or Rain of Swords? Cutlass Fury only hits one target so it would take longer than necessary. I just have Aika use an AOE attack and had other characters either use spell boxes or focus that way I could take down most random encounters in one to 2 rounds.

Also, this game really needs a PC release, with just a few mods it would be amazing

her starting element doesn't mean anything, Drachma's is Blue but he wasn't from Yafutoma and Vyse's was red and he wasn't a sandnigger. The necklace was probably just an accessory, Blue Rouges raid valuan ships regularly and since pirates isle was in center sky between Valua and Ixa'taka she probably got it of a military ship heading back to Valua.

I loved the short Esperanza part, it seemed so bleak, right on the edge of the Dark Rift (which was also a blast). Airships and piracy are great, really go well together. Since I played it in 2004 or something, I had already played KotOR and Shrine Island reminded me of the Rakatan planet, so that was pretty fun as well. Whole game was great, I wish Sega would grow a pair and deal with (ostensibly) whatever legal nonsense is holding them back from making a sequel.

I meant rain of swords. Sorry, im fucking retarded. Looks like I need to replay

Fair points bud. Id still like to know where she came from

Time to admit how giant a loser I am. Whenever SEGA releases anything on PC, if its a port, or a game I want, i buy it, and then -email sega of america a copy of the invoice, and beg them to port SoA to PC, just like an HD port or something, nothing crazy.

I'm still bummed out that they never showed how the Purple tribe looked like. They're mentioned as being very advanced before they went extinct, and their architecture was a mix between of solid ice activated by magic, and I think they also mentioned they were very good at handling magic.
Are there any sketches of how they were gonna look amor something? I can only imagine they looked either like Slavs with big furry coats and very inexpressive faces, or Inuit/Mongolian judging by Rakhnam's design.

There is an AR code for no encounter, probably could be touched up to just lower the encounter rate.

Sounds like a good idea. I recall seeing something a few years ago regarding legal issues rather than a creative slump, but I can't find anything about it anymore. I'd love a continuation, but reserving all expectation seems like the wisest choice, currently.

Moons!
Give me strength!

MOONS
GIVE ME STRENGTH
MOONS
GIVE ME STRENGTH
MOONS
GIVE ME STRENGTH
MOONS
GIVE ME STRENGTH
MOONS
GIVE ME STRENGTH
MOONS
GIVE ME STRENGTH
MOONS
GIVE ME STRENGTH
MOONS
GIVE ME STRENGTHMOONS
GIVE ME STRENGTHMOONS
GIVE ME STRENGTHMOONS
GIVE ME STRENGTHMOONS
GIVE ME STRENGTHMOONSMOONSMOONSMOONS

At this point all we can do is hope that an HD PC Port is in the works from SEGA and then support the game With money as much as we can to show that the series still holds interest for gamers.

Is it even a franchise? Did they ever make more than one?

Right, I agree. I'd pay 20 or 30 for an HD port.

Just a port from Dreamcast to Gamecube with some extra content and some slight tweaks to gameplay

I really want to play this game but can't decide between Dreamcast or Gamecube, please help. I'll be playing in japanese if that makes any difference

Play the gamecube version, it is all around better except for some compression on the audio, otherwise its the better version

dreamcast better audio

No Rieko Kodama, no buy!

Vyse's secret sister
everyone who knew died in the attack
think about it

Dance for me

As other anons have said, the Dreamcast version is multi-disc, while the Gamecube version is single-disc, so the GC version has harsher compression on the audio and textures.
If you're playing the DC version on real hardware, you get a 'virtual pet' min-game on the VMU, and you'll be able to pause the game before every random encounter because the hardware will start making lots of noise (ie. reading the disc to load the battle assets). There's no particular benefit to playing the GC version on actual hardware.
The DC version has a notoriously high rate of random encounters; this is reduced in the GC version, and balanced accordingly.
The GC version has a fuckton of sidequests and other extra content, which is the main reason the GC version gets recommended.
You should look up how to find the second picture here, and the button code that removes Vyse's eyepatch.

TAKE
THAT

Hmm, watched some videos and I don't know…less random encounters and more content definitely sounds better, and the graphics aren't that worse, but the audio…

PC port when?

My team consisted of

Vyse, Aika, Enrique, and Fina

Vyse would be the bulk of the damage output
Aika would use her special Delta Shield
Enrique would be a hybrid of Support and Attack using Justice Shield to lessen damage
Fina would be mainly Support

This set up is OP as fuck too

Anyone else felt annoyed when they gave you the Captain Stripe at the end of the final battle. Like for what fucking reason. You can't even use it.

I wish they'd do an HD remake
I'd buy that in a heartbeat

agreed mother. Buy copies for my friends who havent played it too

My brain couldnt decide between motherfucker and brother.
God bless typos

Implying the harem route is not the only possible outcome.

Women always look better with their hair not shittily tied up.

agreed