Sales & reception of pic related have been declining ever since they've been insisting in making combat more active...

Sales & reception of pic related have been declining ever since they've been insisting in making combat more active, up to the point that they are an action-rpg series now. Meanwhile Persona and Pokemon remain wildy popular (and Dragon Quest in Japan as always). When will S-E learn? Will we ever get another turn-based FF?

Other urls found in this thread:

romhacking.net/hacks/465/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'd honestly rather see it fucking die at this point. With the shitshows that were XIII and XV, I think Square has proven themselves to be incapable of either improving on existing formulas or creating something new and substantive for the series. It's dead, let's stop poking at the corpse.

When will we ever get another Tactics game (the only good entries in the series)

One FFT mobile game with Facebook and Twitter integration, coming right up!

Final Fantasy became way too popular in the west because of FFVII and stupid jap execs think that everyone here is retarded and only plays action games.

except SE shoved him into both FFXIV and dissidia NT

Let's list all the jrpgs that are better than final fantasy.

I'll start, vagrant story.

Nobody plays FFXIV

The recent mainline entries are Final Fantasy only from name and maybe few repeatable parts in all of them.
I didn't touched MMOs.
XIII and XV look like complete garbage.
XIII from stupid waifufag with awful taste. Lightning
XV is just next open-world game with fujoshi wet dreams

Even third FFTA would be good enough.
But if happens, then maybe it's better if that FFT rest in peace.

no thanks

You'll only get a return to the classic formula in spin-offs. Pokemon only lives because Nintendo hasn't really fucked the core enough in multiplayer to get people dropping it. If it were relying on single player, then Pokemon would be suffering a lot more. Persona, as bastardized as it is, still carries SMT genes and that puts it ahead of other jrpgs in mechanics and challenge. I'm actually wondering how DQ will do with the latest installment. The MMO is similar to XI and XIV where it's not a continuation of the series, which means DQ has had a 7 year gap. Probably due to SE squandering resources on everything to prop up their bullshit passion projects. FF and almost everything else at SE is dead or relegated to handheld/mobile hell while the old farts in good favor get to make insanely expensive console games. That's gonna change with them panicking enough to sell FF7's remake in 3 chunks while gluing MP onto XV. Single player games aren't dead. Cinematic HD3D4KVR turds with poor gameplay tacked on are what's dying. That said, I would now like to bet Kingdom Hearts 3 will have multiplayer post launch with exclusive worlds for that mode and the ability to play as other characters from every game in the series.

OK, you don't like jrpgs fine.

still an FF game (based off of FFT)

Wild Arms

Persona's sales numbers are no where close to FFXV's.

FF,Dragon Quest and Pokemon are in a completely different league than Persona.

>>>/cuckchan/

We did get a Turn-Based Final Fantasy but it didn't sell very well.

Pretty sure FFXV sold well enough to not immediately throw squeenix into bankruptcy make of that what you will.

Budget vs sales number is important.

Just about everything from GameArts. Also Suikoden and Xenogears.

They're faggots who play a game of darts to see whay sticks by releasing games with different kinds of gameplay.
They constantly try to change the formula around for each game they release, and they completely disregard the audience's opinion when it comes to sticking to one thing or the other, leading to retarded shit every new game.
Every game has something fun about them, and something that makes you want to hammer your dick in (except maybe the gbc version of FF1).

even if it was a middle market budget its still a flop for Square Enix standards. And compared to the financial success of FFXV & NieR:Automata. They book net sales of ¥256.8 billion for an increase of 20% billion year over year in 2017.

^ I meant to add: With the huge profits thanks to easily "action RPGs" like FXV and Nier, I doubt they will abandon the formula.

That's what I thought too after Squeenix ported the game to Steam, and shilled the shit out of the game via apps. Nier amd FF14 are also keeping SE alive.

No dude, turn based games just aren't fun. They're too slow and you have to press buttons to navigate menus. It's 2017, nobody wants to play glacially paced weeb games with underaged 2D titties.
I have to put on this flag or someone might take me seriously

Another FFT/FFTA on the Switch would be the shit.
But in the mean time check out the mods, don't know much about the FFT modding but I know FFTA has one called 'Grim Grimoire' that reworks a lot of the game. Fun, just keep an eye on who you let in your party since if you get too many high levels the game scales to them and fucks you.

romhacking.net/hacks/465/

Turn based combat without a battle map to move around in is boring and gay. CRPG battle systems are inherently better. Prove me wrong.

RPGs are pretty boring.

Only when you have ADD.

You lack imagination or should have played anything else.

You mean ADnD?

Phoneposter here. You're all nigger faggots and don't deserve Ramza.

Made me fucking reply/10

There are real-time RPGs made in Japan, too.

Didn't FFXV sold more than FFXIII? Like 6 million units? Only PSone era FF titles sold more. Your entire argument is invalid.

my final fagasy would be to shove ass in clouds dick if you know what im sayin