The A button meme is silly, real men try to minimize B presses

The A button meme is silly, real men try to minimize B presses

Never do this again.

I wish people focused more on the objectivity and the sheer skill rather than the shitty forced meme, but low IQ memer shitskins will remain low IQ memer shitskins I suppose. Beating jokes to death and all then jerking off to filthy frank and their other unfunny ecelebs.

I posted this because it was interesting, dummy.

You still used a derivate of the meme, apply yourself.

Halfchan rapefugee thread.

Can limiting B presses and enabling A presses be used to organize a scuttlebug jamboree?

The scuttlebug jamboree will always be just outside our grasp

Mario 64 is like a unit circle, but our coordinates are (A, B) and the jamboree is > 1.

What about √(-1) ?

Real men don't press A and B.
Real men press ⬜ and ✕.

Absolute madman.

I'd smash your ⬜ with my ▲
faggot

While watching Pannen's videos I realized that I'd never actually played it, but the only controller I have is for PS3, so I did in fact use ⬜ and ✕. It's actually feels pretty good, but not the same, I imagine.

FUCK YOU HENRY I HATE YOU SO GODDAMN MUCH, MOVE YOUR HOME TO THE DEATH BARRIER

Releasing the button has no effect on the gameplay, therefore it means nothing, therefore it means that releasing the button is not apart of a button press. The part where the button is pressed down is a full button press. To suggest otherwise is sophistry. A half-button press would be pressing it down only halfway, not all the way down. However that would require pressure sensitive buttons which the N64 did not have.

Releasing the button allows you to press it again, brainlet.

Yes, but that only effects you and your hands. Not the game. Mario preforms no action when a button is released, only when pressed.

I'm going to point out for convenience that there are actual Henry's lurking this board who will try and debate for hours about the famous statement. You've been warned.

Affects*

When will he talk about Sunshine?

I made it through Wet Dry World with only 47 taps of the analogue stick.

I've been trying to minimize mating presses in my life and so far it has gone perfectly.

Great, now I have to jack off to that game again.

Fag.

Wouldn't half B-presses be superior? Or does it not exist?

I wanna bounce on the scuttlebug to reach that star.
haha

We have ourselves a high IQ intellectual gentlemen watch out watch out

I completed Mario 64 and 65 without pressing any buttons. Git gud.

You know, it's not even the meme shit that bugs me, it's the fact that nobody fucking knows what 0.5 A presses actually are despite the fact that he spent so fucking long explaining it. Either he did a poor job explaining it (he did go into a little too much detail) or everyone but me is retarded.

ITS NOT A half button press PARODY!!!!

I get it. It's just dumb. An A press is an A press. You can't say it's just a half.

Then why not call it an A-hold?

Because that implies you can hold it without pressing it prior.

And calling it a half A-Press implies that such a thing is possible. An A-Press is an A-Press. You can't do half.

Push A down outside the level, release A during the level, claim that only the part inside the level counts because you have crippling autism and have devoted your life to Mario 64. It's bullshit. Faggot needs to get out there and milk a titty.

But here's the thing user. Suppose it isn't possible to beat the game with 0xA presses. That's fine. But what would the minimum number be otherwise?

Let's say there's one course that NEEDS it pressed to get one of the stars. Within the context of that course, you must be holding A, but it's fine if you held it before the level began. If you can partner it with an A press from before the level is started, it could mean the difference between a 5 press all-star run and a 6 press all-star run, which is very important

If you count A-presses within a level, and you never actually press A but you're holding it, what do you even call it then?
It's a logically sound argument to call it half an A press, because many outcomes come from holding it, and many completely different outcomes come from just holding it down
Keep in mind that levels completed with half an A-press require you to not jump a single time

If he pushes down the A button and they bind his hand around the controller and he takes that shit to the grave then I will accept it as half an A press.

If you collected 100 stars while holding down the A button are you going to claim you collected a specific star with .01 A presses?

If you're making claims about feats of autism in the context of a level, but it requires you to do shit outside of the level, then you're a fucking runt.

Yes, but levels are a continuous, discreet function of the gameplay. That is, even though there's a selection screen, it's all part of the same run. Consider, for example, any of the sequence breaks that allow him to skip Bowser 1; the context of what he does outside the level(s) lets him have more liberties within them. Another example is using the warp glitches within Wet-Dry World to eg, teleport instantly inside of Ticktick Clock, a level that normally requires A presses to enter

That's a valid, but unintuitive notation for the average. Most people would just look at it and call it a 1x A press 100-star run.

It is possible. You just can't do it. gitgud.

source

It counts in a full game run. But it's useful to examine different ways to get individual stars, and then you can mix and match these different methods for different stars into a run that minimizes A presses. 0.5x just notes when you can get a star by utilizing a hold of an A press initiated on the previous star. Without this, you would count it as two A Presses, when really you're only pressing it once.

If holding the trigger allows you to kill a second guy in a way that you wouldn't be able to do had you let go of the trigger and didn't want to pull it again, then yes, the second kill could be noted as a half trigger press.

You're still going to prison.

It's futa

Yeah but you figured out how to kill more guys with less trigger presses, which is its own reward.

I dont mind i still need source

even better

Rondo Duo, it has an english patch.