Tfw i dont know any normal fags excited about Mario Odyssey

Tfw i dont know any normal fags excited about Mario Odyssey

Are they burnt out? i mean it even has a games journalist difficulty mode for babies. Or did they just not like Sanic Adventure?

Other urls found in this thread:

smashcast.tv/4chanleaker
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Of course they're burnt out. You try keeping up with Nintendo's boner for NSMB and changing the aesthetic of every subseries they've got to conform with NSMB.

I feel like Mario Galaxy went a bit over the top in its production to the point any 3d Mario game afterwards would feel like a step back at least in presentation. I mean, really, how do you top a game that's supposed to be on a galactic scale without looking like a sized-up retread?

A sane man would learn you can never improve on perfection.

Why do you care?

I fucking hate that thumbnail

Normalfags lean more towards 2D Mario and other platformers nowadays. They've never been big on 3D platformers after the wow factor of 3D graphics in general died off.

its people like this that kill underwater combat in games.

Partially, devs don't want to spend the time to get the water controls to feel as natural as ground movement, so it's less developed and functions worse. Since we're talking about Mario, the Galaxy games had the best underwater sections, which included combat with the turtle shells.

What?

DS title came out in 2006.
Wii title came out in 2009.
Both Wii U and 3DS titles came out in 2012.
NSLU came out in 2013.

The only time NSMB burnt out was when NSMB2 and NSMBU came out at the same year.

I haven't touched my Wii U since I built my gaming PC. I enjoyed playing games on the Wii U, but I like my PC so much more.

the difference is how samey every game is. 2D mario games lost their appeal, 3D can still interest but I think Nintendo has to accept the reality of their audience and try to find ways to get into the mainstream market here and there.

opposite effect for me, wii u was a vacation from how mundane pc gaming had become after 20 years. Consoles are just that for me now

3D World was enjoyable, though it had a slow babby start and when the levels started to get interesting and moderately difficult it just ended. That final challenge stage was cool though. Odyssey seems pretty comfy, but I'm not making the same mistake again, I will only buy a Switch if it turns out to be more than a meme system.

The NSMBs were shit.

over at 4chan the neofags are escited, the shit i sspammed like hell there

It can't come soon enough, autist.

That's like saying there'll be a time when there's no more Sonic games being made. Sega tanked their consoles and they STILL pump out the blue autism games; i have no doubt that Mario will exist forever, possibly even harder than Mickey Mouse.

The heat death of the universe?

Good riddance

seriously?

On the one hand, console are dying, on the other, mobile is thriving. This is a lose lose situation.

maybe thats why nintendo is the new autism these days. sonic can't even compete.

But if Sony dies we win

how if they fund all the games that pc gamers beg for?

PC Gamers are gay if they beg for Uncharted 4 and God of War

and bloodborne, and nioh, and nier automata, and many other games sony has dipped some part of themselves into getting made. all games port begged for.

None of which are made by Sony and would of found ways of being created if Sony wasn't a thing

would have
and nah sony were integral. good news is, they're growing and have stuck to the traditional console exclusive development model, so we'll likely see more and more games funded. I don't know how or why anyone would want "consoles to disappear", where do you think developers would go? Users? What's the alternative?

Vidya dying which is a good thing, we have our good games and now nothing good is being made so may as well nuke it all

(heil'd)
oh, you're one of those. yeah, you're completely wrong but stick to your stalker threads or whatever

I bet you also think Nuking California is a bad idea

Despite NSMBU being a launch title really makes ya think what the Wii U launch sales could have been like if SM3DW could have been there instead. It would have least looked slightly more "innovative" with the Gamepad (not by much though) than just adding a bunch of touchscreen based platforms like NSMBU used it for.

Though the thought probably going through Nintendo mind with NSMBU being a launch title was NSMB Wii sold over 27 million! Even if we sell half of that, it's still 13.5 million copies and potential new launch consoles with them! In reality NSMU only sold 5.62 million, and the Wii U 13.56 million for it's entire lifetime while NSMB has now sold 30 million as of March 2017.

of course not, but we all know it's not happening.

Probably one of the new halfchan rapefugees anons.

If you're going to wish for outrageous things to happen, at least wish for better outcomes. Just focus on meming RWDS into reality.

Yeah? Well I don't know any normalfags period. Checkmate.

many of which were mentioned before release.
Go back to your sinking ship of a forum, PC is and has always been the best for games.

you are a retard and a fanboy faggot

how aren't you? Are you this dumb?

Yup. 3D Mario games have been nothing but minor variations of Mario 64 since, well, Mario 64 and there's only so many times Nutendo can rehash the same game before people get tired of it. During the NES and SNES era Nintendo radically re-invented 2D Mario with each game. SMB2 is hugely different from SMB1, which is hugely different from SMB3 etc.

But they never re-invent 3D Mario. He always controls pretty much the same, runs around in levels that are pretty much the same, and nothing really changes beyond a new coat of paint.

Fun fact: the NES was once a vastly more powerful gaming machine than PCs

lol you faggot, you don't even know what CGA is.

every console generation was more powerful than PC hardware at the time, and what consoles were doing with 1998 hardware in 2001 blew away everything being done on the PC until 2003 hardware hit the scene. /r/masterrace revisionist history is the cancer killing this board.

except gen8, but theres an exception to every rule tbh

In what graphics?
Seeing as the early life of the PC, was computing aka a processor and not GPU that would make sense.
PC games during that time revolved around processing power not graphical power.

Dwarf Fort would be a good example as the game other then when using graphic packs does not use the GPU but the processor.

Why are you upset?

WHY DO YOU NIGGERS KEEP MAKING MORE ODYSSEY THREADS BEFORE THE PREVIOUS ONES HAVE EVEN HIT THE BUMP LIMIT? ARE YOU THAT EAGER CONSTANTLY REMIND US ABOUT ODYSSEY? ARE YOU HALFCHAN RAPEFUGEES JUST SHITTING THINGS UP OUT OF PURE IGNORANCE?
Cuckchan leak stream from the last bread. Is down right now. smashcast.tv/4chanleaker

But where is the seal?

Gives me a headache just looking at it.

Ending Miiverse was the last straw.

When the sun implodes?

Nobody is excited about Mario Odyssey. I like Mario but this looks like garbage.

Normalfags are.

Everyone I know who was into mario just moved onto mobile. I don't even know why they bought their consoles for.

Ending Miiverse is insane - it's like when they teased killing the Demon's Souls servers. Why? Why would they do that? Can they not afford to store 2-bit images? They're making games worse - there are collectibles in Super Mario 3D World which will forever be completely pointless. This is death.

I thought all DLC was unlockable in game?

Also, I thought this was just for getting some stupid roomba to tell you where moons are, essentially removing the fun of finding them?

Did they fuck up not keeping this delayed until some black friday christmas lure for normalfags?

OP is a gargantuan mongoloid and you have absolutely no comebacks, hence you have no reply

>Need weight in any industry or credentials to make a thread on anonymous imageboard.
All the normalfags I know seem pretty ambivalent about it too.

you're a retard. congratulations.

Sure you can make a thread, doesn't make your opinion hold any water though.

Why cant I have mario galaxy 3

Why would you want it? It's been downhill since Galaxy 1.

Dont speak normalfag

What do you speak?

The bigger mystery is what kind of people are still excited about another mario game, apart from the obvious.

Gonna need an archive.

What is his Green Hill Zone Record

TWELVE
GAME
OVERS

Mario is a fucking faggot and so is every single manchild that still gives a fuck about anything that Nintendo is doing.

The autist is such a bad liar, he regularly outs himself

Consumer PCs at the time weren't capable of smooth scrolling. At the turn of the 90s, John Carmack was working on a port for Super Mario Bros to the PC. He showed it to Nintendo, but since Nintendo are extremely possessive of their IPs especially at that time, they ignored him. Thus Commander Keen was born.

The pattern of consoles being more powerful than their PC counterparts had stopped by the Gamecube/Xbox/PS2 generation.

This isn’t out of character for his kind.

You go to the Moon, so this counts.

He speaks autismic. It’s the middle eastern dialect.

Not them, but it looks like Mario is wearing a retarded Dreamworks face.

Reread what I posted. It's not his usual attention whoring behavior, it's a different attention whoring behavior.

Go away, NeoFag.

Yeah, you missed the point entirely.

No, you missed my point entirely. It isn't out of character for his kind, but is out of character for him to about this behavior common to his kind in this particular way. Do you lack reading comprehension?

go* about

Second.

Wrong.

Nitendo hasn't been relevant for years.

I said he could easily throw another slander/spout I'm trying to defend them, but he didn't. he just plainly defended a logical fallacy. such a nasty OP.

You have to be severely autistic to think a mainline 3d mario game is not going to reek in casual money. Your perception of the market is IRRELEVANT considering you're not data mining the big scope , you're just one guy that knows a bunch of normalfags.

Just accept the fact nintendo will cash mario and zelda ad infinitum and make lots of money.

Prey had pretty good zero gravity sections.

Shame it had so much cut content.

What did they cut? I hope you're not talking about Prey 2…

See

In response to someone asking about playable Luigi, they were told to "wait for more information in regards to him."

L is Real 2401

Where do you think are we now?

You can just find them in a Youtube playthrough, and the Mario line amiibos are just costumes.

L is real for $5.99

I thought the base game already have a luigi cap boughtable in game?

They can't reinvent anything too much imo or it will lose the core gameplay that always made it what it is. They don't have a lot of room to move in that regard. Galaxy was actually a pretty respectable effort to bring something new to the table within the confines of that "same old" formula.

Otherwise it's the same old story with all the long-running franchises, in that the well just ran dry ages ago.

They're killing every last trace of the Wii U. It's a shame because Miiverse is infinitely better than what they have on switch, which is nothing. I have a lot of friends on Splatoon, and I have no way to message them, see their drawings, or share their drawings. Hell, I'm not even 100% if ANYBODY sees my drawings, as your drawings specifically don't show up with those you play with. Those drawings can take a couple of hours to make, too, and I have no idea if anybody even sees them.

Video games are a new medium user. We might be looking at the beginning of hundred year long series.

when you use the latin term for a logical fallacy, or for that matter use the term 'logical fallacy' at all, you make it extremely obvious that you're a fucking twelve year old who thinks (((wikipedia))) is a good place to learn shit from

Why are you even responding to me? I was telling him it was stupid use it as an argument in the first place when talking about popularity.

breddy good so far, amazon broke street date I guess

We've already seen the game. It's 7/10 by me. Copy pasting from the other thread.

The street date was broken in Portugal and some Asian country. I watched the Portugal stream since he was farther in the game, did not suck as bad as the other guy, and was not constantly talking in Mandarin with his face in the corner. I have seen a significant portion of the game. I'd give it 7-8. Here are the negative points.
Only enemy I saw that relates the marker to the enemy, making it somewhat less shitty, is a dragon boss that has where some of its breath attacks will hit marked by flat flamy purple glow.
Mainly I saw Cap Kingdom, Cascade Kingdom, and Moon Kingdom.
You bascially just run foward while pressing B to smash, then run forward in 2D while pressing B to smash, then smash four pillars, then smash a cube, and that's it. There's some jumping but not platforming really, just going up steps. Very anticlimactic.
Couldn't make much out with the crumbling cave noises, but I think it's something that was licensed, not even made for the game.
Streamer was at 630-ish moons with no sign of wing cap, updated or low-poly.
Did not see it, but considering a cuckchan faggot that sucked at the game completed, I'm going to say it's less challenging than many of the moons I've watched him repeatedly fail to get in the game.
Did I miss anything?

PRELOADIN

your opinion is a 2/10

From what i've seen, Galaxy 2 still seems better.

Nintendo was never relevant. Nintendo was always shit, XD.

/r/ a new rule that prohibits any noticeable attempt of using Holla Forums as a personal army.

5 and a half hours, who playin sm64 here

Granted, I should've say "I", did you read anything past the first word nigger? Nothing even hints at personal army bullshit.

I didn't comment on the controls faggot. The game wasn't out yet.
Spoken like a true good goy. Have fun sucking Nintendo's corporate dick.

The irony is that you're committing a logical fallacy right now, you imbecile.

You're the least bright user I've seen in a while. I replied here
Your lack of reply is a testament you have no rebuke.

Oh boy.

I smell butthurt

is the marios winning son?

I'm pretty interested in this game. How are you liking it?

Also how did you like the Rabbids game?

Not that user, but I'm liking it a ton. Granted the game DOES have less content than both 64 and Sunshine, it's still a fun game in its own right. Not a brawl situation

How do you think it compares to Mario Galaxy? Do you think Odyssey is worth full price?

It's legitimately good, the amount of times I've found my self smiling at the gags and all the other stupid shit, I have only put it down to make food.

Gags were good. I liked the one where You go fishing in the desert quicksand and fucking Toad pops out.

Good, perhaps theyll finally try something new

I liked the one where you find the charging station for the gardeners and there's that one that's dead and looks like it's been dead for a while It's not even particularly funny but I couldn't help but laugh. When I first started playing I wasn't sure about the game but I just beat Forgotten Islands and it's absolutely excellent, I even loved that nice referential gag to 64 there. The art design is excellent too, I want to post screenshots but I don't want to spoil the game for people.

user I-

lmao, fag

Heiled.

I don't want to, if someone wants to they can be a faggot.

Well just get ready to be disappointed by the ending.

Are you implying I aren't playing the game to enjoy it's excellent gameplay and level design, because that's why I'm playing this game, I'd have been happier if the story was a 60 second cut scene, a few small transitional gags and a thank you for playing my game.

Other people may care about the story so I won't spoil that for them but I just want to play the game and I'm almost 8 hours in and it's excellent.

you have to go back

I was never a big fan of Mario 3 or Yoshi Island. Loved SM1,2 & World but 3 always felt stifled. I really want to play 3D World but my PC is not good enough to emulate Wii U.

Not just talking about the story. Ending is fucked in the fun category too.

didnt you learn from the Crowbcat debacle and mod going full defense force??

I'll be the judge of that, not some retard who watched a video of it and made a decision based off of that, for a movie game I could understand, but for a game where there's actual gameplay.

When you fight bowser at the end He has only one stage and dies in three hits. The only change between hits is the number of attacks he's throwing at you.

thanks, guess what i am not longer going to get with my december bonuses

You don't actually think crowbcat is facts instead of comedy do you?

I'm waiting for the sequel

Not one of my friends has a switch or wants one, probably cause they are all white in shape and play computer games. Fuck off nigger.

if it wasnt true, then why did Mark himself go full defense force and ban people just for posting the video??

I honestly believe this is by far the Mario game with the prettiest graphics and the worst art direction combined. Who the fuck thought that putting realistic high fantasy dragons and humans next to fatass cartoon characters was a good idea? There's one scene where Bowser is riding a Dark Souls creature and it's the most jarring fucking thing. At least in SA1 they made efforts at making everyone look about the same level of cartoony and didn't amp up the uncanny valley until the second game.

That's the joke user

>Mario Odyssey is a fucking mashup meme game where they throw fucking everything in, including the kitchen sink, not in spite of but because of how much it clashes with the style
OK, but can we have another game like Sunshine with a consistent theme where everything fits together in a way that's comfy instead of dissonant?

>(((Mark)))
Reminder that Holla Forums alternative exists but you're all lazy cunts who at best visit just another one.

That it looks kind of dumb? I mean it's not exactly funny, just jarring.

The joke being that a cartoony villain, Bowser, has managed to awaken some massive super serious looking dragon that looks super powerful and evil and yet manages to get defeated by a cartoon plumber.

Seriously it's a pretty basic joke.

He just agreed with that other user. What are you even doing?

Just played super mario odyssey, it was pretty good you got some good long jumps, side jumps, wall jumps are all there but not utilized as usual and I have yet to use the throw your cap and jump on it to full extension, but the game is a bit gimmicky with capturing enemies. Not really feeling a game of the year at the moment.

honest question, compared to yuka laylee and hat in time (individually), how does it compare?

No one was banned, he just deleted the threads and then banned the OP for making it 5 times.

I was the OP and I literally only made it once. I also posted it in the sticky once and was banned for "console warring"

oh, unless you meant that video. yeah, I get deleting those threads, but deleting them as replies was dumb.

IIRC I didn't even ban you for that long

We had a ton of shilling for the guy and it was just shitty console wars. Also I remember there being multiple threads with the same video.

Well, people were using it for console war shitposting rather than shitting on the system if memory serves me right. Like I don't care if you criticize the system since every system is shit in the first year, but console wars are fucking cancer holy shit.

No comparison, Mario kicks their ass. Which is sad since more competition is always a good thing.

I have never played yooka laylee for two reasons, first reason I fucking hate banjo kazooie, for multiple of reasons. But to answer your A Hat in Time question.

Unlike A Hat in Time, you have actual movement, what I mean by that is you have multiple moves that alter your movement and momentum: You can dive, roll (useful for rolling down slopes/hills), triple jump, long jump, side jump, somersault. Moving mario actually has tension, unlike A hat in time, Hat girl can easily change momentum unless you were diving.

A Hat in Time also flowed well, treating each "hourglass" as an actual level (at least in the first two worlds). But in Super Mario Oddessy, levels do softly change and you have to watch the stupid moon and everytime you do something, there's a stupid fucking pause with the camera zooming out and it's so fucking frustrating but nintendo thinks i'm some fucking retard who needs to be shown that something fucking blew up. Levels do not get cut off instantly when picking up key items, you may be transported back but you can warp all over the world if you touched the checkpoint flags.

But unlike a hat in time, super mario odyssey is loaded with gimmicks.
Capturing enemies allows you to progress through parts of the level, even skipping platforming sections making traversing trivial, do not fret as there's actual traditional 3d platforming segments here and there, in fact there was a level within the mexican sand world where you had to trade your hat to progress through this abstract rotating houses, which reminds me heavily of sunshine's 'secret' levels. Although the movement of capturing enemies / objects are tradeoffs, for example capturing a bullet bill has a limited duration and you can only move within the x and y axis (forwards/backwards, side-to-side), capturing frogs allows you to leap into air but you cannot move forward fast, capturing towering goombas robs the ability to jump really high.
As always with nintendo games, there's detail for example if you're wearing a different costume and entering within the '2d' segments, your sprite actually reflects a different costume.

But with only less than four hours of gameplay with odyssey, I have yet to finalize and truly give a real opinion.

I'm at sand world right now. I;m not impressed but its the first time I've had fun with a game in a while. Not worth 400 dollars. The bundle was listed as coming with a screen protector, but I didn't even get one. Hope my screen doesn't get scratched. FUCK THIS GAY EARTH

get some soft felt at your hardware store, but probably get those diy docks so you don't have to fumble around when changing game carts

I want neofags to leave.

I really hate the female vocals on this. It sounds like a bad stage actress's singing.

This is true.

I've been avoiding all news on the game and just finished it without any spoilers and holy fucking shit that finale was amazing.
And the post-game looks wonderful too.
Only took about four-to-five hours to get to the vanilla end but 100% is gonna take a while, and if it's as much fun just running around and exploring and trying things to see if they work (and they often do), it's so rewarding it will be fun enough to keep going.
Goddamn I've missed proper 3D platformers.

I wonder where those wands are hidden

Did not happen

bans for console wars have been a thing since always, and ranging pros/cons any and all platforms

Nintendrones are as shitty as any other fanboy. But boogeyman-ing them is just as autistic.

C'mon. These people are the minority. I can bet that a large majority of switches at launch, and new switches won't screw up like this

Reminder to filter and report

Does anyone else find the composition to be really lacking.

I mean the SMG games were orchestrated too, but they had really hummable melodies.

The OST here is really uninspired apart from the vocal song

Because mario and nintengarbage in general mostly appeals to the socially lacking. Have you ever spoken to a nintenfag irl? It's like talking to a brick wall.

Go back to cuckchan faggot. You'll find your nintendicksucking threads there.

Holla Forums is literally a haven for people to escape normalfags on 4chan

I really want to play this but I really don't want to make the same mistake of buying Nintendo hardware early

Don't try this shit shill. I couldn't identify you before, but now I have.

Back to cuckchan with you.

Between breath of the wild, Odyssey and Pokken i'd say it should last you a while. Plus SMT5 comin for it in the future. Could be worth it…?

You are the only one that needs to go back, goon. You are already shitting that Xenoblade thread with your console war faggotry. To all others, just filter out this kid, nothing he will ever post willl be worthwhile anyway. He just spews "shill", "back to cuckchan" and shit like that like it means something.

Yeah, I'm not buying the Switch until at least late 2018 unless I find one for dirt cheap, which will not happen I guess. I don't think the Switch will go the way of WiiU/Gamecube, but you can never be too sure.

Nah, I'll just wait for emulation. It's a nintendo console. it always gets emulated. Plus it's not worth the risk given their track record of CENSORSHIP

See it's been like that for the past 3 console I bought from them, last time I was actually satisfied was with the DS. It seems like there's a lot of stuff but then they just slow down massively and have nothing past release.

I don't care about SMT at all, and I would only play Pokken a few times with friends.
If the Switch had all the ports I missed from the WiiU I'd have already bought it honestly, I want to play Mario 3D World, Captain Toad, Bayonetta and Wonderful 101.

Nice try shill. Anyway, you'll have the mod deleting and banning everyone against in cuckchan, so why are you even here? Just leave already

You can CEMU all that shit m8. Even my 2010 toaster can run them, granted it is an i5 750 OCed to 4.4GHz

I have no idea why they weren't ported. Fucking kamiya teasing bayo1 and 2 on switch a month back or so and all.
Pokken got a suprising amount of fun out of me. Salt mining online with my nigga Gengar was always fun when drinking hard liquor and passing out

I see that the long tradition of "I don't care about this game so I'm going to post and shit endlessly about it" is still alive and well

Thanks for keeping our old ways alive user, you're the user this place needs

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to play Super Mario. The gameplay is extremely addictive, and without a solid grasp of theoretical jump physics most of the fun will go over a typical filthy casual’s head. There’s also Mario’s jewish coin greed, which is deftly woven into his plumber character- his personal choice of garments draws heavily from communist philosophies, for instance. The gamers understand this stuff; they have the reflexive capacity to truly appreciate the depths of this fun, to realise that they’re not just entertaining – it says something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Super Mario truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Mario’s existential catchphrase “Here we go!” which itself is a cryptic reference to Karl Marx epic ‘’The Communist Manifesto”. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those filthy casuals scratching their heads in confusion as Shigeru Miyamoto’s game design unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Super Mario tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to defeat Champion’s Road (preferably with no powerups) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎

Being passive aggressive doesn't hide your butthurt, it only amplifies it.

Yeah but I don't want to emulate them, it's a pain, requires to change a bunch of settings, means that I have to move my PC to a TV, get a fuckload of controllers connected to it (which I can't do wirelessly).

Emulating is just trash and ruins the games completely for me, sorry.

As far as I've seen they've been releasing one big game every month, with something new coming out every two months, and a remake coming out inbetween.

Next port should be Smash 4 I think, but I don't care about that either.

Classic

That's because Switch. If I got a switch I would buy it, it's exactly what I wanted from them after years of NSMB shit

Wew lad. Then your best chance is that Nintendo keeps releasing ports to Switch or, you know, you buy a WiiU for pennies. I'm pretty sure you can get one for 50 bucks or less if look around enough.

They are talking about the game too, just not positively.
Does that bother you?

Finally posted it in the thread instead of making new threads eh?

Surprisingly enough not even WiiUs have started dropping in price, and still almost nobody is selling them in the online used stores I've been looking into.
I think I might be shit out of luck, if I wait anymore WiiUs are going to start rising in price again because of them being hard to find.

That could be because I'm eurocuck though, it's probably better in the US.

user, I swear it was because of my fucked up mouse that clicks twice. Thus is why I deleted fucking everything quickly

I appreciate the effort

I have the game and I'm about 100 moons in, exploring a little of each area to get my fill, then moving on and I'm about 4 kingdoms in, I'm enjoying it, every area has its own charm and each area isn't so big that it feels like an open world game that just has swathes of empty space for the sake of being big, some moons can be a challenge, most are just really obvious and easy to access by just looking at the situation the game presents. Although I've yet to get other opinions on the game, other people may struggle with what I find to be simple.

If I have any issues to present I would say that there are moons everywhere and you can't move for tripping over a moon which cheapens progression, at least to me, but it keeps things interesting so I guess I have mixed feelings on that.
However it's a decent game, probably not deserving of the 10/10s that are being thrown around like rock CDs outside a white van, but it's a good game nonetheless.

There was supposed to be a sentient rifle that has an existential crisis and you can gain a permanent buff depending on what you choose to do with it, an oxygen system for the space sections, meaningful weapon degradation making weapon crafting and repairing valuable instead of just the waste of space that it is and a trauma system where different types of damage would affect you in different ways and have to be treated through different means, like legs breaking from fall damage presumably reducing movement speed, electrocution from being shocked presumably causing the screen to shake and accuracy to be reduced and burns from fire probably with a max health debuff, all with their own different cures.

Zelda and Mario was the top mentioned game amongst millenials in some datamining shit I read. Stuff like counterstrike didn't show up until around #6

Nigger, my dad whos a Boomer born in the late 40s and hates videoagems knows what Mario is because Nintendo shilled their products like crazy.

Mario is also a cultural ambassador along with Pikachu.

Anyone working on a Miiverse emulator?

Mario and Bowser both get friendzoned, you play as bowser controlled by mario in the last level, and mario hooks up with Pauline instead.

Do we know if anything changes if you get all the moons? Maybe Peach says yes at the end or something.

you get a hat that makes you invisible, so essentially you play as Luigi.

Mario is basically an unemployed yes man to a woman who won't return his affections and Luigi actually runs a ghost busting business and owns a mansion and doesn't care about dating.

also I lied about Mario hooking up with Pauline.

It's a singleplayer game, you can wait to see if the switch gets more games worth getting.

normalfag
nor­mie

I know, that's what I'm doing. But it's really hard to resist.

What the fuck are you on about. The finale was anti-climactic as fuck. The bowser fight only has one stage, and it's extremely short. You don't get to do anything interesting when controlling Bowser aside from maybe going 2D. There's no fight with Bowser where all the wedding guests are onlookers. And that's about it. There was nothing particularly special about it.

I feel sorry for Mario.

Mario is trans articles in ten, nine, eight

I thought that the Switch was 720p

OH BOY ANOTHER NINTENSHIT THREAD.
The game is garbage bruh.
Bring on the ban Mark, be sure to tag it is "Console warring" since that's what you did for the Xenoblade thread

screencap from youtube, someone already beat it and 100%ed it.

And all you get is invisibility? No wing cap anywhere? What the fuck?

all of the powerups are gained by possessing enemies, and you can fly with one of them.

A shithole where drones will accept inferior emulation over original hardware solely because its on pc, regardless of missing features, poor performance, and the fact that cemu runs every other game like shit?

the game's hard because I can't get used to the controls, what the fuck

Who cares, its free.

Firstly, can you fly in the same manner as you can in 64? Secondly, regardless of whether or not it lets you fly, the fucking wing cap should be in the game. One of the main features is buying costumes and hats. There's a low-poly 64 outfit, two different metal Mario outfits, and the Mushroom kingdom is a throwback level **though a shittily executed one. It is absolutely retarded to not have the most iconic hat from Super Mario 64.

So are these not valid complaints?

Maybe they weren't going for that and didn't want to pander to the fans. It's an unreasonable demand especially after the fact, and comes off as spoiled, honestly.

Even actually entitled in the actual definition of the word. if you don't like it, then don't buy the game, it's as simple as that. Bitching and moaning that a game in the series that went a different direction abandoned one of the old powerups for new ones is retarded.

This shit is bratty behavior. it's immature.

Not really no.
Grow a pair feggit.
Learn to use a fucking computer.
This is like complaining you have to hook a system up to your TV.
Why do you need multiple controllers to play a single player games on CEMU?

freedom, baby. We'll iron out the glitches ourselves.

Can't talk smack about Nintendo or their fans I guess. Fuck you Mark the cuck.

who are you again and why should anyone care?

Sometimes they're a bit off. It's p fun though, but I've yet to see if it'll live up to the hype. I'm pretty underwhelmed to be honest, maybe I'm just jaded.

Did you miss the part where significant portions of this game are nostalgia pandering, including parts I mentioned in the post?
And more.

I said I didn't even care if made you fly, it should just be in the game, like metal mario is.

Do you know where we are?

Careful there user, dissing anything Nintendo results in a ban. Just be a good got and pretend its resetera when you're in a nintendo thread.

So you want people to pander to you specifically by adding wings to the default cap? You don't even want the powerup?

Are you a retard? is it such a breaking thing to you for having all this acknowledgment of past games yet it doesn't have the ONE thing you wanted? Fucking spoiled autistic behavior man.

Right, at this point you have to be shitposting.

Why the fuck would I want to have to manually change settings every time I want to switch games, or even worse, have to compile myself endless TXTs to which load the settings from when I can just buy the console, insert the disk and have it work without any problems?

Surely you're not making the argument that having to input settings for every single game every time you want to play one is a positive thing, right?

It's like you can't even read.

I, like many other people, use my PC for other things. My PC and my TV aren't in the same room. If I wanted to connect my pc to my TV I would have to lug it down the stairs, then take all the cables, connect them again, connect it to the TV. If you actually do this every time you want to play WiiU then you might be fucking stupid.

Again, I never said I want to play a single player game on CEMU. There are single player games among the ones I want to play, but the WiiU is made to be played with other people, so many of the things I want to play require me to have multiple controllers. Sometimes even the Gamepad.

I don't doubt emulation might be the best choice for you, but anyone with a gram of brains can easily see that it's not the same case for everyone.

like literally everything you posted is already done.
fucking hell man what fucking age are you from, BC or AC?

Is that a CEMU only thing? I don't remember seeing them for any other emulators, I didn't even see that option last time I tried CEMU.

The rest still stands though, it's an annoyance I don't care about.

fair enough, have fun spending cash then bud.

Obvious trolling but still got me mad

he might not be trolling. He's probably reeeeeeally fucking fat. Jabba + whale levels, only explanation.

alright then

I hear an earthquake happened in San Francisco, so we know where you live.

I never said I was right and you were wrong. I am implying you're a lazy fucking retard who would rather blow a few hundred on a shit system with barely any games of value on it (not to mention those lovely $50 Nintendo brand controllers) when with the most minimal amount of effort you can get all of that for free with enhanced graphics and playability. Suit yourself m8

Ad Hominems aren't a valid point user, please don't project your failures on me.

Because as we all know everybody lives in the same identical house and owns the same PC. So, clearly, if moving your PC to your TV is easy for you, then it also has to be for me.

And I will suit myself, thanks.

The only normalfags I know who play games don't play much more than Nintendo, and they've all asked me about Odyssey because I'm a nerd who know about videogames. I also talked to them about the SNES classic, and showed them the light of emulation, bless their poor normalfag souls

Oh, looks like I touched a nerve considering you bothered to respond. do you have weight troubles, friend?

is defending them you retard

Are you autistic?
Is this bait? Are you typing like a faggot intentionally?

I'm not the one who's ripping on the game because it doesn't have a single cosmetic item that you've been obsessing over as a nitpick. I believe you deserve to be called those unironically.

And since when were those words "banned"? That's what you're being, trying to shut down language and tone because your feelings are hurt is a bit tumblr-esque, don't you think?

And honestly your whole gripe with it sounds like you're moving the goalposts to be angry at something. Get a fucking life you dumbshit.

i am gonna wait for their 2.0 upgrade as per usual Nintendo and hopefully they will fix many of their problems, too bad i am missing all of those Splatfests

You have to baiting. The wing cap should be unlockable, not the dafault.
They didn't gie you invicibility with metal Mario, it would be inconsistent to give you the power for the wing cap. It would stoll be pretty fun if they did though.
No. I never said it was. Why are you so eager to suck Odyssey's dick? It's simply inconsistent to not have it in the context of all the nostalgia pandering. Are you that assblasted that there's one little thing I don't like about your new Mario?

splatoon is gonna die because

Hot damn, d2edb1 is going all out

Jesus those typos. gie give* and stoll still*

shit son, fucking calm your autistic tits. Stop being mad at a bullshit free video game and do something else, you seriously shouldn't be this mad.

I'm tired. It was fun shitposting with you though user-kun~!

You seriously have all these expectations that you set with no input and you're projecting it onto the game, it isn't what you hyped it up to be, great.

tough shit

You're spoiled, that's all there is to it.

Did Mario rape your mother or something?

Why did you reply to me twice? Were you upset to type out a coherent response to my post the first time? Calm down and have a snickers.

this is legitimately stressing me out.

Are you literally 3 years old?

Fug my typos are piling up. I need sleep.

No.

go to sleep, you're shitting up the thread.

No.

get a job, then, no worker I know forgoes sleep from the former day til the middle of the next day you fucking parasite.

I'm off.

The fact that you've reduced your responses to single or two word sentences tells me you're full of shit, and the fact that you're tired at 2 am means you've been awake for at least 16 hours + the hours not slept today.

You're a NEET, no education, training or job. I'm not a fucking idiot, I know what you are, you autist. Stop coming here and fill a job application.

2pm, anyway, not 2am

Or I didn't sleep much last night from playing vidya.

Stop making typos. What are you, some kind of NEET?

You are legitimately retarded and there's no point in talking with you.

Yet you continue.

So progressive

So is it any good?

That sounds pretty autistic user.

It's okay.

Well, Hitlerdubs, basically it's that it's a bit closer structured to 64 and sunshine (freedom to do whatever you want with no time limit) but lacking in difficulty and not having as refined physics.

At least that explains the costumes with the Amiibo.
Thankfully Japan are doing it as a joke, and it'll make SJW look more insane when they react to this.

Is the optional shit at least difficult?

Is the lack of difficulty due to not having a life/proper game over system booting you back to a checkpoint/start of a level when you fuck up?
Or is it just easier overall (how is it compared to Galaxy/2 and their "Heroes Road" challenge level)

Unclear at this moment. It seems the main simple "complete the story" path is pretty easy, but as for 100%, it MIGHT be hard as anything that is amiibo unlock can be unlocked through legit in-game means and the only way they could weasle out shekels from most normalfags is through making said extra means hard.

How hard? I got no fucking clue.

Thanks man.

I don't know if I'm the only one but I've seen a ton but a ton of hype for Mario Odyssey, I don't know if it is something related to where I live or the places of the internet I do visit but Mario Odyssey is actually hyped.
Or maybe this is just a bait thread and I fell for it.

I haven't had any special issues at the moment and I got mine at launch. The left joy-con didn't like to stay connected at first, but it must have been a software issue since it went away very quickly.

Follow these simple steps to participate in Nintendo threads!

This is the one time it isn't.

Nah it's being hyped everywhere I look too. And I wouldn't mind playing it tbqh.

I'm just going to wait it out another year or so when either the price drops, there is another iteration of the Switch, or some sort of backup solution. Right now it's still not quite worthwhile.

you are completely right user. It is a true mystery why normal and well adjusted people dont want to associate with turbo autism

I literally just beat the game and that ending was excellent, there's more than just the boss fight, Nintendo were completely right with Super Mario 3d World, a boss fight in a platforming game should be a platforming segment, and that one was phenomenal.

If you enjoyed any Mario game in your lifetime you absolutely need to play Super Mario Odyssey, better than SM64.

I'm going to make a proper thread for this game and post screenshots.

Margarito Mario

Not done with it yet, but I'm surprised there isn't a thread about it yet.
Or is everyone just seeing this one or that one about the leaks, in the catalog, and just assuming those are it?

Combination of people still playing it and just the general hatred for Nintendo. I will make a thread when I stop playing it, but I'm also going to post a bunch of screenshots.

Or how about the fact that there have been two Odyssey threads under the bump limit for days, so you can post here or there? You honestly think hatred for Nintendo is the reason duplicate threads keep being allowed? Mark loves this shit. I think's it's probably 8/10. Going to play it on someone else's Switch.

The finales in both 3D World and Odyssey were great. Both made good use of the central "gimmick" of each game (cat suit + cherry, and enemy capture) and the song at the end of Odyssey was some good shit, just not as pure comfy as Jump Up Superstar.
Just unlocked the second bonus world post-game, I think there might be a third one too? Not entirely sure.

looks like there's a third bonus zone judging from the achievements toadette gives you, you have to collect 500, but the achievements on the box says "600".

The ending was good and "bad", mostly because i think button mashing, only to stop to dodge and then getting a pretty cool climax is a good enough ending without trying to bog it down with something retarded and "shitty" songs with bad lyrics.

Although mushroom kingdom isn't even that nostalgic other than the music and sounds, where's the transparent toads, where's half the fucking rooms, where's the white screen showing your objective. talk about a literal nostalgia bait. even though i'm not nostalgic for 64 and why is almost half the entire game is filled with craptastic sidequests, wow herd a bunch of sheep, jump a rope 100 times, play volleyball a 100 times, draw a picture, fish, feel rumble and ground pound, slot machines, all of this fucking gay shit that has NOTHING to do with platforming or full-blown gimmicks like being chased by a dinosaur or zipping really fast like 3d world's boost pads. These shit-tier "side quests" is bloating the game's actual numbers much like breath of the wild.

Right?
It triggers all my red flags and makes my undeniable angry.

Does it have actual challenge to it like Sunshine or is it simple but have a few small challenges (64/Galaxy)? I really want another Sunshine in terms of difficulty but it seems like every Mario game that came after it is baby-tier.

It's modern Nintendo, so it's relatively easy to do the "core" stuff (i.e. finish the game, especially with the optional assist mode for true babbyes) but 100%ing the game is gonna be a challenge.
I'm finding half the moons just running around levels and trying things that I think might work, and the rest is spent talking to a fucking bird who gives the title of the power moon as a clue as to how to find it.
I don't think it will be as difficult as NSMB's gold medal challenges.
It's not as hard as Sunshine, but it's harder than 64 IMO.

I think you can access some of them through other means. Disappointed they didn't try to retain the castle's structure.

MARIO ADVENTURE
Isn't something to be excited about.

Assuming you have already gotten the retro low-polygonal 64 Mario costume, can you show it with Mario worn with it and in action? Preferably if you do it on any of the first beginning kingdoms to avoid spoilers.

I'm really curious about this.

Is this Amiibo exclusive or can you buy it in game?

Don't reply at me, because I don't have the game nor the Switch yet, so I have no idea.

None of the Odyssey-themed amiibos says anything about the low-poly 64 costume, so perhaps you can get it normally.

So is it any good?

Nothing in game is amiibo exclusive except for certain buffs like invincibility or more hearts. You can unlock all costumes in game.

Maybe

You can get everything Amiibo without an Amiibo, they just unlock that content early, Poly Mario is unlocked as a purple coin reward in one of the kingdoms.

Nah, because I know where I'd take a screenshot with it and I'd rather not spoil it.

Now that you mention it, yeah, I agree.

I think you mean

(You)

Well, that certainly doesn't help raise the difficulty…

>you've been obsessing

We have have IDs here. You have to go back.